The Boot Camp [MAW, CVerse 2020]

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

"I like what you’ve done with the place,” Brent Hill grunted while he looked around the converted K-Mart in downtown Baltimore that TCW had helped fund. When he had pitched Kyled Rhodes and the BriCo higher-ups that they needed to partner with MAW for a developmental league, it had taken some convincing. The money-movers didn’t see the point in the investment, but Brent understood that for TCW to compete with USPW and SWF, it had to have a place to send talent. It needed a place that could develop them and who better to develop them than Sam Keith and Mid Atlantic Wrestling?

“I appreciate it,” Sam replied, “It’s a good building.”

“I like the name. Rip Chord Memorial Coliseum. Catchy.”

It was Jay’s idea,” Sam said emotionless. Sam had always been reserved privately. He kept his emotions to himself unless the camera was on and he needed to turn it on.

“I appreciate you being willing to change the schedule too,” Brent added. Inside the ring at the center of the Coliseum – the arena portion had been done like a classic fieldhouse so that all 300 seats within the building had a great shot of the ring.

Sam nodded his head. He had agreed to start shooting television in February and also add a second monthly show called Flashpoint. He had reluctantly agreed to also start a training show in February at a local church gym. 

“I think the guys will really benefit from the extra work,” Brent continued talking as Sam listened. Brent was desperately fighting for TCW to stay alive. They had always been smaller than SWF but at one point they were the clear number two in America. With USPW’s meteoric rise behind Nicky Champion and billionaire Allen Packer’s willingness to spend money, TCW had fallen to third; however, Brent saw an opening. SWF was weak. Richard Eisen was gone. Jerry and Eric were left in control and Brent didn’t trust either of their creative acumen or their business acumen.

I’m sure they will,” Sam finally spoke.

I have a couple of more guys I’d like you to feature,” Brent added, “Quentin Queen, Curtis Shaw, and Aldous Blackfriar.”

Sam rubbed the bridge of his nose, “You want me to add three more guys to the roster?”

Brent Hill nodded his head, “We will, of course, pay for them. They’re all graduates of the school. They’ve been getting some indy work but we want to bring them back into the fold. I don’t have anything creatively for them. If you could use them, I’d appreciate it.”

Sam sighed. He didn’t really want to add three guys to the roster. He was already planning on bringing in Sam Copeland as a favor to his dad. Three more guys meant less time to go around, but at the same time, it was three guys that Sam didn’t have to pay. Three more guys to the mix, especially with an added show and weekly TV coming up that are on someone else’s dime. 

Okay,” Sam finally said, “Send them down.”

I appreciate it.”

The two men shook hands. Sam had known Brent for over two years. He had lobbied, unsuccessfully, for Brent to get a job in SWF before TCW locked him up. Sam had worked with Brent in The Syndicate. He had helped get Brent ready to be a booker and that relationship has paid off. Now Sam has a building. He has an agreement to feature talent for TCW. 2020 was going to be a big, big year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I love MAW. I do. I've had the itch to see if I can get something going on here again. This time, I'm going to tackle MAW and see if I can just book some interesting stuff. My inspiration for this is the old OVW system and all of the new renders that @King Bison has been putting out. Hopefully this doesn't suck and I've still got some diary skills.

This exists in a modified database. It includes all of willr0ck's women's mods. It includes venues from @The Blonde Bomber's mod. It includes promotions from my own promotion mod. It also includes some RTG characters that I created just to populate the world. The COTT has been heavily expanded. That may come into play.

If you have any questions or comments or whatever, let a cowboy know.

• Like 9

image.jpeg

MAW Champions

image.jpeg

COTT United States Champion

image.jpeg

Bradley Blaze [Fri. Week 4. October, 2019]

Title History 
20. Miller Fforde
19. Cheetah Boy
18. Roderick Remus [x2]
17. Greg Gauge [x2]
16. George Wofle
15. Greg Gauge
14. Roderick Remus
13. Findlay O'Farraday [x3]
12. Hollywood Bret Starr
11. Findlay O'Farraday [x2]
10. Cameron Vessey
9. Findlay O'Farraday
8. American Patriot
7. Mean Jean Cattley [x2]
6. Erik Strong [x2]
5. Citizen X
4. Erik Strong
3. Mainstream Hernandez
2. Steven Parker
1. The Mean Machine (Mean Jean Cattley)

image.jpegimage.jpeg

COTT United States Tag Team Champions
image.jpegimage.jpeg

DeMarcus & Gray [won Friday, Week 4, March 2020]

Title History
None Yet

image.jpeg

Mid Atlantic Champion

image.jpeg

Ace Youngblood [Mid Atlantic Wrestling #10, Wk 2 April 2020]

Title History
16. Deuce Deadline [x2]
15. Jaylon Martins
14. Josh Jacobs
13. Bradley Blaze [x2]
12. Willy LaRoux
11. Miller Ffordge [x2]
10. Bradley Blaze
9. Deuce Deadline
8. Hal Harvard
7. Miller Ffordge
6. George Wofle
5. Max Mayhem
4. Frankie Perez
3. Hollywood Bret Starr
2. Citizen X
1. Cameron Vessey

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Mid Atlantic Tag Team Champions

image.jpegimage.jpeg

The Wolf Pack [Fri. Week 4. February, 2020]

Title History
23. DeMarcus & Gray [x2]
22. The Greatness
21. The Scheme
20. The Heartbreak Express [x2]
19. Jacobs & Nelson
18. DeMarcus and Gray
17. The Heartbreak Express
16. The Dynamite Express [x3]
15. Ace Youngblood [x4] and Bradley Blaze
14. The Dynamite Express [x2]
13. Keith Vegas & Miller Fforde
12.  The Dynamite Express
11. The Aces of Mayhem [x3]
10. The Awesomeness [x2]
9. The Aces of Mayhem [x2]
8. The Awesomeness
7. The Aces of Mayhem
6. Findlay O'Farraday & Ricky Douglas
5. C-V-2
4. The Canadian Blondes [x2]
3. Natural Storm [x2]
2. The Canadian Blondes
1. Natural Storm

image.jpeg

Rip Chord Invitational Challenge

image.jpeg

Nelson Callum [2020]

Past Winners
2019 - Bradley Blaze
2018 - Greg Gauge [x3]
2017 - Greg Gauge [x2]
2016 - George Wolfe
2015 - Greg Gauge
2014 - Findlay O'Farraday [x2]
2013 - Findlay O'Farraday 
2012 - Cameron Vessey [x2]
2011 - Steve Flash
2010 - Casey Valentine
2009 - Cameron Vessey
2008 - American Patriot
2007 - Mainstream Hernandez [x2]
2006 - Mainstream Hernandez 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Sam Keith Classic Winners

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Frankie Perez & Masked Cougar [2019]

Past Winners
2018 - Coulrophobia
2017 - The American Cobras
2016 - DeMarcus & Gray
2015 - Hijo del Mephisto & Silver Tiger
2014 - Hollywood Bret Starr & KC Glenn
2013 - The Eternal Kings
2012 - Findlay O'Farraday & Matthew Keith
2011 - C-V-2

• Like 3

image.jpeg

Friday Week 2, January 2020
Rip Chord Memorial Coliseum
231 Fans
Broadcast on The Carolinas Network
.01 Rating [2,390 Viewers]

image.jpegimage.jpeg

The live broadcast starts with longtime voice of MAW, Marvin Earnest and Sam Keith, who replaced the departing Ernest Forthdyke-Hume as the color commentator of MAW shows. The two men had really good chemistry as they introduce the new monthly series, Flashpoint. They also let fans know that starting in February they can see MAW's new television series: Mid Atlantic Wrestling every Thursday night at 11:00 PM on The Carolinas Network. They also talk about how tonight features the first round of the newly-expanded Rip Chord Invitational Tournament. Previously, the RCI has always featured eight competitors but this year it features sixteen competitors from all over North America.

image.jpeg

image.jpegL47ZXIB.jpgimage.jpeg

Rip Chord Invitational Opening Round
Singles Match
One Fall
Aldous Blackfriar versus Guillotine

Blackfriar was given a nice presentation as a new signing. He was given a lot of time to shine in the contest. Guillotine worked as a good mean heel. With his street fighter gimmick, he didn't use a lot of holds. He tried to punch and fight while Blackfriar was a little bit more well-rounded attack. It was a good way to debut Aldous Blackfriar when he hit his Batwing and got the three count.

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Aldous Blackfriar defeated Guillotine in 8:02 by pinfall with a Batwing. This match was part of the 'Rip Chord Invitational XV' tournament. [32]

image.jpeg

Singles Match
One Fall
Miller Fforde versus "Dirty" Duke Freeman

Former Mid Atlantic Champion Miller Fforde, who is also one of the few Triple Crown winners in MAW history, took on Duke Freeman. Duke and Fforde put on a real solid classic match, with Duke controlling most of it and working a real simple, safe style. Fforde did a good job from fighting underneath and letting Duke look good. Ultimately, Fforde got the win and got one step closer to winning his first Rip Chord Invitational.

In a decent match, Miller Fforde defeated Duke Freeman in 11:08 by pinfall with a Fforde Flip Face Crusher. This match was part of the 'Rip Chord Invitational XV' tournament. [38]

image.jpeg

Singles Match
One Fall
Hustle Muvva versus Copperhead

IPW standout (and reigning IPW Champion) made his MAW debut here against 2012 Bootcamp graduate Copperhead. Copperhead is a guy who has struggled to break out of the pack so far in his near eight year career. He's just kind of floated by to this point in his career and a win over a guy like Hustle could break him out. Unfortunately, tonight wasn't Copperhead's night and Muvva got the win and the advancement.

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Hustle Muvva defeated Copperhead in 8:35 by pinfall with a Hustler's Headbutt. This match was part of the 'Rip Chord Invitational XV' tournament. [33]

image.jpeg

Singles Match
One Fall
"The Q Man" Quentin Queen versus The Architect

In another debut, TCW grad Quentin Queen came out of the gate looking to start his MAW career off with a win against rising star The Architect. The former tag champion is still looking to establish himself as a singles guy -- even though he's been feuding The Heartbreak Express with Jonah Pilgrim. Queen got to showcase some of his very solid skills, but ultimately came up short against The Architect when the Arichtect locked in his Blueprint and forced the submission.

In a decent match, The Architect defeated Quentin Queen in 10:43 by submission with a Blueprint. This match was part of the 'Rip Chord Invitational XV' tournament. [42]

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

In a segment that was filmed just for the television broadcast of the show, Lisa Bowen was backstage with The Heartbreak Express. The Express were not dressed to wrestle (because they're not on the show) but looked like they were getting ready to do an interview about an upcoming match with The Scheme when Lisa interrupted them. She said she was really worried that they were going to wrestle The Scheme after what she just saw the Architect do to Quentin Queen. She doesn't want them to get derailed on their quest to get back the Mid Atlantic Tag Team Championship. The Heartbreak Express assured their manager that they would be fine and that they are going to take The Scheme down a notch. [27]

image.jpeg

Singles Match
One Fall
Fro Sure versus Aztec Prince

Aztec Prince was back for the fourth straight year for the Rip Chord Invitational Tournament. The CILL representative took on West Coast standout Fro Sure, who was making his MAW debut. Fro Sure really got the crowd hyped by interacting a lot with them, but it was Prince who was the real standout. He was physical and highly motivated and used his Triple Powerbomb to secure himself his first win in a MAW ring.

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Aztec Prince defeated Fro Sure in 9:51 by pinfall with a Triple Powerbomb. This match was part of the 'Rip Chord Invitational XV' tournament. [43]

image.jpeg

Singles Match
One Fall
Joey Fili versus Nelson Callum

Joey Fili had a great opportunity to showcase his skills against reigning PSW Champion Nelson Callum. Callum, a graduate of the Bootcamp who never wrestled for MAW full time, got the opportunity to showcase just how good of a wrestler he has become since he became the face of PSW. Callum has all of the tools to be a superstar in the world of wrestling and he was really the general in this contest.

In a decent match, Nelson Callum defeated Joey Fili in 13:27 by submission with a Honey Trap. This match was part of the 'Rip Chord Invitational XV' tournament. [37]

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Cheetah Boy came to the ring and announced that at The Rip Chord Invitational show in two weeks, Bradley Blaze will have to defend the Mid Atlantic Championship against Cheetah Boy's handpicked opponent for him -- former three time MAW Champion, Findlay O'Farraday! O'Farraday came out to a shocked crowd. They haven't seen Findlay in over five years and now they know they'll see him again in two weeks! [37]

image.jpeg

Singles Match
One Fall
Frankie Perez versus Deuce Deadline

Deuce Deadline was all over the reigning CZCW Champion Frankie Perez in this. Perez is no stranger to MAW -- being a former Chesapeake Bay Champion and a winner of the Sam Keith Classic. Perez is highly regarded and he showed why. He hit several big spots and then locked in the P-Clutch and got the win.

In adecent match, Frankie Perez defeated Deuce Deadline in 12:32 by submission with a P-Clutch. This match was part of the 'Rip Chord Invitational XV' tournament. [43]

image.jpeg

Singles Match
One Fall
Akima Brave versus Trix Triumph

In a match that shocked the live crowd because it wasn't announced in advance, former SWF standout and current WLW and ISLE wrestler Akima Brave made his MAW debut here taking on Trix Triumph. Triumph is in a similar boat to Copperhead in that he has yet to really break out of the pack in MAW and tonight wouldn't be the night either as Akima Brave won (though Akima did give Trix a lot of spots so Trix came out looking better than he came in).

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Akima Brave defeated Trix Triumph in 11:14 by pinfall with a Samoan Suplex. This match was part of the 'Rip Chord Invitational XV' tournament. [43]

image.jpeg 

Overall Show Rating

• Like 8

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Mid Atlantic Wrestling has just received word from Confederation of the Territories officials and an Island Pro representative that Akima Brave suffered an injury at ISLE's 2020 debut show and therefore will be  unable to compete in the next round of the Rip Chord Invitational. Akima Brave spoke with MAW management about how displeased he was with the circumstances and that he wants to make it right to MAW fans by coming in as soon as he is medically cleared. While disappointed, MAW management understands that this is an unfortunate risk of our sport and injuries do happen. Taking Akima's place in the second round match up against Frankie Perez is current COTT Internet Champion and MAW and Championship Wrestling from Nashville grappler The Historian.

Sg5W4Gh.jpg

The Historian should be no stranger to MAW audiences as he has been an MAW wrestler since December of 2018. He was originally intended to be in the first round of the Rip Chord Invitational but an appearance in Puerto Rico defending the Internet Championship kept him out of the first round. Now he will take Akima Brave's place and take on current CZCW Champion Frankie Perez in the second round!

• Like 2

I hate that Historian guy, man. Backdooring his way into round two like that! He must be the booker's son or something!

In all seriousness, this seems like a great fit to me - you and MAW. I can't think of any cverse company more suited to you. Looking forward to a long and successful run. You know I'll be reading.

• Like 1

image.jpeg

Friday Week 4, January 2020
Rip Chord Memorial Coliseum
271 Fans
Broadcast on The Carolinas Network
.01 Rating [3,039 Viewers]

image.jpegimage.jpeg

The live broadcast starts with Marvin Earnest and Sam Keith at the announce desk once again. The two men recap what happened at Flashpoint in the first round of the Rip Chord Invitational, especially noting that Akima Brave was supposed to be here tonight to wrestle in the tournament but suffered an injury and will be replaced by The Historian. They also make sure to highlight that Akima Brave will be returning to Mid Atlantic Wrestling as soon as he is clear for a marquee match up. They billboard the rest of the show -- highlight the four tournament matches the show is going to start with plus two championship matches.

image.jpeg

image.jpegL47ZXIB.jpgSg5W4Gh.jpg

Rip Chord Invitational Tournament
Singles Match
One Fall
Frankie Perez versus The Historian

Frankie Perez and The Historian started the show off. It also started the crowd off hot, The Historian came out with the COTT Internet Championship and tried to avoid engaging with the reigning CZCW Champion to start, but Frankie hit a big dive to the outside and that immediately woke the crowd up. They worked a faster, 'CZCW-style' match here that ended up with Perez getting the victory after he locked in his P Clutch.

In a decent match, Frankie Perez defeated The Historian in 11:37 by submission with a P-Clutch. This match was part of the 'Rip Chord Invitational XV' tournament. [39]

image.jpeg

Singles Match
One Fall
Miller Fforde versus Nelson Callum

The next match pit former MAW Champion Miller Fforde against reigninst PSW Champion Nelson Callum. Fforde came out of the gate strong and there were several near falls at the beginning of the contest with Fforde looking for an early victory. Callum had to bail to the floor to catch his breath and to slow Fforde down. This gave Callum the opening to settle into his style and he seized control for most of the match. Fforde made a big comeback and looked poised to win when Josh Jacobs came running down. Callum grabbed referee Jay Fair's shirt and while Jay was distracted, Jacobs hit Fforde with a chair from behind. This allowed Callum to lock in the Honey Trap and force the submission as Fforde had nowhere to go.

In a bout that had great wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Nelson Callum defeated Miller Fforde in 11:36 by submission with a Honey Trap after interference from Josh Jacobs. This match was part of the 'Rip Chord Invitational XV' tournament. [47]

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Callum left the ringside area while Josh Jacobs slid into the ring and got some extra shots in on Fforde. He wasn't able to do it long before MAW security hit the ring and Jacobs bailed out, all grins and arrogance. [35]

image.jpeg

Singles Match
One Fall
Hustle Muvva versus The Architect

With his second appearance in MAW, Muvva looked right at home against The Architect. The two men just had really good chemistry and they put on a good classic brawler-vs-wrestler contest with Muvva wanting to fight and Architect wanting to keep him grounded. Muvva got to show some technical skills as he wrestled out of Architect's holds to go back to brawling while Architect got to show he could fight well enough to get back into his technical wrestling. Muvva went for a big second rope elbow drop that he missed and allowed The Architect to lock in his Blueprint [Arm Triangle] submission and secure a spot for himself in the semi final round.

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, The Architect defeated Hustle Muvva in 8:32 by submission with a Blueprint. This match was part of the 'Rip Chord Invitational XV' tournament. [45]

image.jpeg

Singles Match
One Fall
Aldous Blackfriar versus Aztec Prince

The final first round contest pit Aldous Blackfriar against Aztec Prince. Both men were riding a big wave of momentum and Prince really came out of the gate trying to get his second-ever MAW win with some real power offense on Blackfriar, including a very nasty powerslam on the ring apron [it's the hardest part of the ring!]. Blackfriar really got to sell his ass off in the match and actually got very little offense for most of the match until Prince went for his Triple Powerbomb and Blackfriar slipped out of it and immediately hit his Batwing [Rolling Inverted DDT] to secure the win.

In a decent match, Aldous Blackfriar defeated Aztec Prince in 9:51 by pinfall with a Batwing. This match was part of the 'Rip Chord Invitational XV' tournament. [43]

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpegL47ZXIB.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpeg
Mid Atlantic Tag Team Championship
Tag Team Match
One Fall
DeMarcus & Gray (c) versus The Wolf Pack

After the first four matches of the tournament, we went to our first of two title matches. DeMarcus and Gray have been established as the top team in MAW -- though there are lots of rumors that Nate could be in line for a singles run, with The Wolf Pack looking to enter that conversation. This was a solid [but unspectacular] tag match that kept everything simple and allowed The Wolf Pack to work like a classic old-school heel team. Tyrone got to sell, Nate got to take the hot take and clean house and show off his power and explosiveness. In the end, Nate was looking like he was going to put Sean Noggin away when Sione came in without the tag and hit a lowblow from behind and forced the disqualification.

In a decent match, DeMarcus & Gray defeated The Wolf Pack in 12:46 when Sione Tokoeka was disqualified while fighting Nate DeMarcus. DeMarcus & Gray make defence number one of the Mid Atlantic Tag Team titles. [34]

image.jpeg

Singles Match
One Fall
Frankie Perez versus Nelson Callum

The semi finals started off with an excellent match between two of the top wrestlers on the entire independent wrestling scene. Frankie Perez, the CZCW Champion and Nelson Callum the PSW Champion. It was a clash of coasts and they really turned up the dial in this one. The crowd was on their feet almost the entire near-fifteen minutes. Perez hit a series of brainbusters on Callum that had Callum looking loopy. Callum fought out of a P-Clutch submission and hit a wicked German Suplex for a near fall. Perez hit a big knee trembler off the second rope for a near fall, but ultimately Nelson locked in his Honey Trap [Guillitione Choke that starts standing and ends on the mat with a grapevine] that the veteran Perez couldn't counter and was forced to submit to.

In a bout that had great wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Nelson Callum defeated Frankie Perez in 14:29 by submission with a Honey Trap. This match was part of the 'Rip Chord Invitational XV' tournament. [51]

image.jpeg

Singles Match
One Fall
Aldous Blackfriar versus The Architect

The second semi final match pit Aldous Blackfriar against The Architect. This continued the story of Aldous having his back really worked over as Architect hit several backbreakers and locked in a variety of back-hurting submission moves that Blackfriar had to keep fighting out of. Friar was able to keep getting himself out of trouble and really continue to get himself over as an weird dark-lord-underdog-babyface type when he once again countered a big move to hit his Batwing and get the pinfall and advance to the finals.

In a decent match, Aldous Blackfriar defeated The Architect in 9:48 by pinfall with a Batwing. This match was part of the 'Rip Chord Invitational XV' tournament. [42]

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Mid Atlantic Championship
Singles Match
One Fall
Bradley Blaze (c) versus Findlay O'Farraday 

We came out of the semi-final round into our second of two title matches [and the match of the night]. Findlay O'Farraday, who is arguably the most successful MAW wrestler of all time with three reigns as Mid Atlantic Champion, a Tag Team title reign, two wins of the Rip Chord Invitational and a win of the Sam Keith Classic. Blaze, who had an amazing 2019 that started with a win of the Rip Chord Invitational and ended with him reigning as Mid Atlantic Champion, is trying to cement himself as person the top guy in the history of MAW. A win over Findlay would help his case (though he also needs a Sam Keith Classic win to tie Cameron Vessey as the only person to win everything MAW offers). These two men had a very physical match up that could have headlined in Japan, TCW, or any number of classic territories in the 70s and 80s. Findlay was the perfect monster heel here with Blaze getting to be the physical, tough-as-nails, cowboy babyface that he's blossomed into. At one point in the match, Findlay absorbed three straight lariats before a fourth one put him down for a nearfall. Blaze kicked out of Findlay's trademarked Atomic Spinebuster (one of the few men to ever do so) and countered a second attempt at it to hit his Dallas Drop that secured him the win and his second successful title defense.

In a superb match, Bradley Blaze defeated Findlay O'Farraday in 22:44 by pinfall with a Dallas Drop. Bradley Blaze makes defence number two of the Mid Atlantic Championship title. [52]

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

After the match, Blaze took the microphone and put over how tough Findlay O'Farraday is and how he'd love to run this match back at some point in the future, but he's tired of Cheetah Boy and next week, on the very first episode of Mid Atlantic Wrestling on The Carolinas Network (MAW's new Thursday night TV show), he will be putting the title on the line against Cheetah Boy and putting the veteran down. [51]

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Rip Chord Invitational Tournament Finals
Singles Match
One Fall
Aldous Blackfriar versus Nelson Callum

The finals of the fifteenth installment of the Rip Chord Invitiational did not disappoint. Blackfriar came into the match selling his lower back from the damage that Aztec Prince and The Architect have down to him while Callum was still favoring his neck because of the series of brainbusters and the knee trembler from Frankie Perez. These two had an excellent match -- that if it wasn't for the title match that had just happened might have been even better. They did everything right and continued to build Blackfriar as a big babyface. Commentary actually put over that this is Blackfriar's last night in MAW because he will be debuting on Total Championship Wrestling television very soon. Blackfriar came close to winning several times before Nelson Callum got that Honey Trap locked in and became only the second man in the history of the RCI to win it while not being a fulltime member of the Mid Atlantic Wrestling roster.

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Nelson Callum defeated Aldous Blackfriar in 20:18 by submission with a Honey Trap. Nelson Callum wins the Rip Chord Invitational Challenge. This match was part of the 'Rip Chord Invitational XV' tournament. [48]

The

image.jpeg 

Overall Show Rating

• Like 2

image.jpeg

Confederation of the Territories

News update, February 2020

The Conferation of the Terrritories is pleased to announce a massive expansion to its rosters. First, under the guise of President Sam Keith, we have decided to open our ranks to companies from all over the globe, not just North America. We feel that to best serve the professional wrestling business, we could not be closed off. If you're looking for a roster of COTT-affiliated companies, we have included one here in alphabetical order.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

5 Star Supreme Wrestling | All Canada Pro Wrestling | Bad Girls of Wrestling | Canadian Women's Wrestling Federation | Championship Wrestling from Nasvhille

Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling | Comité Internacional de Lucha Libre | Dehli Superstar Pro Wrestling | EXODUS 2010 | FREEDOM Carribean Wrestling

Gateway City Wrestling | Hoosier State Pro Wrestling | Invicible Pro Wrestling | Island Pro | Mid Atlantic Wrestling

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegcYfgzBn.jpegimage.jpeg

New York City Wrestling | Original Luch Libre is Eternal | Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling | Pro Wrestling SAISHO | Project EVE

image.jpegimage.jpegLP9ywtf.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Quebec Pro Wrestling | Queens of American Wrestling | Rocky Mountain Wrestling | Ultimate European Wrestling | Wild Irish Lasses

With all of these new companies, we also thought it was important to note what are the official recognized World Championships in the Confederation of the Territories. They are as follows:

image.jpeg

COTT World Heavyweight Championship

image.jpeg

Vacant [Due to Pablo Rodriguez signing exclusive with USPW]

image.jpeg

COTT World Junior Heavyweight Championship

image.jpeg

American Flash

image.jpegimage.jpeg

COTT World Tag Team Championship

image.jpegimage.jpeg

The American Cobras [3x]

COTT Six Man.jpgCOTT Six Man.jpgCOTT Six Man.jpg

COTT World Six Man Championship

El Hijo del Mephisto, Slayyer, Hellspawn 666

image.jpeg

COTT Internet Championship

image.jpeg

The Historian

image.jpeg

COTT World Women's Championship

image.jpeg

Antonia Andres

image.jpegimage.jpeg

COTT World Women's Tag Team Championship

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Vacant

COTT World Six Woman Championship

Vacant

In addition to these World Championships, the COTT does recognize regional championships. You can check your local company for any of those. If you have any questions about the COTT or would like to see the COTT come to your area, please reach out to the secretary of the COTT, Cliff Anderson at canderson@cottwrestling.com.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, a0161613 said:

@Historian

This has been a great start and I'll be reading keenly, again. I have two small questions:

What product have you set for MAW?

Would you be able to upload you specific database please? I think you mentioned doing it before?

I still have MAW set to golden age. I haven't fiddled with its product at all. I will try to get my database uploaded. The hard part is actually getting the pictures that go with it.

• Like 1

image.jpeg

Mid Atlantic Wrestling

Narrative, February 2020

The Rip Chord Memorial Coliseum was quite. It was the calm before the advanced class of students from TCW arrived and a perfect opportunity for Sam Keith to spend with his two lieutenants -- Jay Fair and Marvin Earnest. The three men sat in the conference room portion of the converted-KMart. Sam wasn't sure what the conference room had originally been prior to the conversion that TCW paid for to get them their own building, but it was a comfortable enough room that he could hold all of the pre-production meetings for shows at now. It was also roomier than his office so he could meet with Jay and Marvin without feeling like they were right on top of each other.

January had been a successful month. They had launched the second monthly show Flashpoint, which Sam hoped to eventually make a secondary show but at least right now he needed to establish it as a show for people to come to, and they had expanded the Rip Chord Invitational Tournament to be more than eight guys. Sixteen guys that had, by in large, been impressive.

"Who did we like the most?" Sam asked his two lieutenants.

"Nelson," Jay was quick to respond, "Nelson was incredibly impressive. He consistently had the best performances that I saw. He worked hard. Was in great shape. I'd love to keep using him."

Sam had to smile at his booker. He had noticed that Jay and Nelson had seemed to really bond during the two shows. He really would have been surprised if Jay had say anybody but Nelson.

"Maybe," Sam's voice was steady, "He's not cheap and I think he's going to end up signed sooner than later."

"He's a Bootcamp guy though," Jay started to argue.

"I know," Sam said, "I'm not against him either. It just has to make sense. I don't want to bring in a bunch of guys just because they're really good wrestlers. We have a goal here. Train the best talent of tomorrow. Build them so they can move on. Nelson's already ready to move to the big leagues. He'd be a very big fish in our relatively little pond. We're already going to use him at Wrestling Classic against Bradley. After that, we'll probably have to wait-and-see."

Jay nodded and Sam turned towards Marv, "What about you?"

"Sorry, what about me what?" Marv looked distracted.

"Anyone stand out to you?" Sam asked. He understood why Marv might be distracted. Sam had wanted to start an all-women's company that could co-exist with his Mid Atlantic Wrestling. Something to give the female wrestlers a platform. Sam had convinced Marv to be the face of Project EVE. Marv was the promoter on paper and Sam had even agreed to let Marv be the matchmaker so that Marv could fulfill his dream of booking as well. Both MAW and EVE were Sam's vision and they would be treated as such, but Marv had even more responsibility on his plate now.

"Yeah," Marv opened his notes to look at them, "I was really impressed with Aldous. It makes sense that TCW is calling him up to the main roster."

"I was bummed about that," Jay admitted, "I had plans for him."

"That's life though," Sam interjected, "They're going to call up talent and ask us to take talent. It'll suck but that's life for us."

"I know, just have to change plans," Jay was quick to agree, "I'm just bummed."

Sam nodded his head and brushed his blonde hair out of his eyes.

"I do want to talk about a couple of people I'd like to bring in," Jay said and Sam looked at him. He didn't say anything, just looked so Jay continued, "First, I'd like to bring in Davis Wayne Newton for two shots. He could be another challenger for Bradley. Another good hand to give Bradley a chance to shine and then he'll finish up. Nothing full time."

"That's fine," Sam agreed.

"I'd like to bring in Ace Youngblood. He's a good veteran. He's working over in Nasvhille too, he could be another agent for us and a babyface veteran. Especially since we're going to be finishing up Cheetah and Josh and Ade and Jonah. He gives us a reliable veteran that our fans know."

"And he's not going to be poached," Marvin chipped in.

"Okay," Sam agreed again, "I've always liked Ace. He'll fit back in as a veteran."

"On the heel side, CWA isn't going to extend Antonio Del Veccio. He'd be perfect as our veteran heel. We can program him against Bradley. He can be the reason guys come in against Bradley."

"How do you know they aren't extending him?" Sam asked.

"He called and told me," Jay answered.

Marv looked at Jay, "And he isn't too expensive?"

"He wants $170 a show."

Sam rolled his neck around. It cracked several times but Sam finally sighed, "Let's do it. Since you're moving people on we have the budget. Anyone else?"

Jay nodded, "Kid Fantastic and Jack Allen. Both are good babyfaces. We need a couple of underneath babyfaces. They'd do well to be the roster and eat some losses. I'd like to bring in Annihulus as Antonio's muscle. At least for a short run."

Sam laughed, "You can't be serious."

Jay nodded, "I am. I think he can get over. He's big and mean and nasty."

Sam looked at Marv, "What do you think?"

Marv shrugged, "I trust Jay."

Sam nodded, "Okay. But if it doesn't work, it's your ass, not mine."

Jay held up his hands as if to say understood.

"Is that it?"

Jay shook his head no, "One more person."

Sam sighed, "Who?"

"My son."

"Ryan?" Sam asked.

"Yep."

"He doesn't want to wrestle."

Jay shook his head, "No he doesn't. But he could ref and I was exhausted at the Invitational by the end of the night. I'm almost 60. He's young. He's going to school at Georgetown so he can take the train up on show days. He could be a good addition and it makes it easier on me."

Sam laughed but in a pleasant way, "Yeah that's fine.  We can do that."

"I appreciate it."

Sam nodded and reached for his coffee. He took a long drink from it, "Is that it?"

"I don't have anything else," Jay said.

"Me either," Marv said.

Sam slid a piece of paper across the table, "Okay. This is what I expect you to achieve. These are your goals. We're building a new Bootcamp gentlemen. Wrestling as it was meant to be, these guys are the stars of tomorrow. "

image.pngS

So from now on, there will be predictions before shows. We will have weekly TV and two monthly events. Flashpoint in February is still treated at the same level as the end of the month show, but will be a secondary event starting in March (used primarily for the TCW dojo grads to be able to really work). 

Predictions for Mid Atlantic Wrestling Episode #1

Main Event: Mid Atlantic Championship - Cheetah Boy vs. Bradley Blaze (c)

Tag Team Match: Joey Fili and Jaylon Martins vs. The Past Masters

Singles Match: Miller Fforde vs. Ade Nelson

Singles Match: Keith Vegas vs. Dreadnought

Predictions for Mid Atlantic Wrestling Episode #1

Main Event: Mid Atlantic Championship - Cheetah Boy vs. Bradley Blaze (c)

Tag Team Match: Joey Fili and Jaylon Martins vs. The Past Masters

Singles Match: Miller Fforde vs. Ade Nelson

Singles Match: Keith Vegas vs. Dreadnought