Real world data (ORC) released

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]On a seperate note, how have you been getting on over the weekend Vlad?[/quote] I created the moves: Musasabi press DQ Bomb I Am Taue Dynamic Bomb Dynamic Kick Dynamic Suplex Crown Head Chop Death Brand Death Landing Sickle of Death Zero-sen Kick Knee-Bend Push Hold Hip-toss into Cradle Abdominal Stretch Inside Cradle One Night Stand Check Up From The Neck Up Shanesation Kick Border City Stretch Shellshock (Two versions) Shiranui (aka Sliced Bread #2) Total Nonstop Alex (Taunt. AKA The Skull F...) 2K1 Bomb It Came From Japan Backpack Stunner Hammerlock DDT Testicular claw Alek Lock I Alek Lock II Suisha Otoshi Shimmering Warlock Lovelace Choker Curb Kick Almost all signature moves. I'm about to Lita (Amy Dumas). Didn't work as extensively on the in-game side of things as I was hardcore hunting down move lists for the A list wrestlers to use for the movesets (and found them for every wrestler I could hope to :)), but it shouldn't be hard to create them now that I have almost 2/3 of the signature moves entered in the database. I have to pull a double at work tomorrow, so I won't be able to work on the data until later that night,but I hope to have it wrapped up and out to you early Tuesday morning with all the A List complete! :)

It's not hard. I just take the default moveset that they're currently assigned in the data and make a copy (unless I feel there is a better one they should have, like some of the hardcore guys like Axl Rotten have their Default set as "Brawler" rather than "Hardcore") and add their signature moves. I only create moves if the wrestler has a name for the move, it's a finisher or if it' normal move not in the database. Sometimes I remove moves I feel that the wrestler shouldn't have (big former Sumo wrestler Akebono=No Kicks). Takes me about 5-10 minutes per set for an average size set. In other news I ran a few matches with the CPU in control of the fighters using the new movesets and I have to say I liked what I saw. MOTN was Adam Flash vs. Abyss, Hardcore match. Abyss controlled the first few minutes by brawling around the ring, but Flash slipped out of a mounted punch flurry and hit some kicks for the mid part of the match. The finish saw Flash miss a senton, Abyss go to the outside for a chair, but get dropkicked for his trouble, Flash gets him in the ring and whips Abyss to the corner for another Dropkick only to get his ticket punched with a Big Boot. Abyss followed up with a Field Goal Low Blow that led to the Shock Treatment and the pin at 13:24. Fun match.

that is a pretty good method you are using for creating the moveset, but it may be worth using the generate a movest function to give th workers there base moves, it will add more variety to the movesets and i doubt it will add a huge amount of time to the process. Are you familiar with the create a moveset function?

[QUOTE=panix04]that is a pretty good method you are using for creating the moveset, but it may be worth using the generate a movest function to give th workers there base moves, it will add more variety to the movesets and i doubt it will add a huge amount of time to the process. Are you familiar with the create a moveset function?[/QUOTE] Yeah, I've used it a number of times in RtL games. I'd probably use it for guys like RVD or Atsushi Onita, guys who blend two styles of wrestling into something unique. I really don't see the value of using it for guys who stick to one style though, as I feel having more moves than they actually use is better than missing a common move they regularly pull out in a match but isn't considered a signature move, ya know? Besides, in most cases, the wrestlers have plenty of signature moves to call on that make them feel unique.

i think the useful thing about the feature is that you can call on it to sort by region, EG if you have a mexican brawler you can set up a brawler moveset made up of just mexican brawler moves - if that makes sense? But im sure with me doing the movesets my way and you using your method we will get a vast array of different moves. When you are ready to hand over the files please send them to [email]panix_uk04@yahoo.co.uk[/email] Incidentally for people following the progress i found a load more movepictures today. And the move pictures section is almost finished. Plus i have been pushing ahead with the 'new screen mod' this is about 10% complete.

[QUOTE=panix04]um, slightly confusing post ther Vlad, what does YGM mean? And what do you mean when you say you didnt set the move sets to the workers?[/QUOTE] YGM: Internet short hand for You Got Mail. I had just sent you the data back and I was making sure you knew it. ;) Didn't set the move sets: Most of the wrestlers in the data are still set to having a Default move set rather than the custom one I created. You'll have to fix that at some point. Oh! And I forgot to make a move set for AJ Styles, of all people. I'll make one for him next time I get the data if you want, or you or whoever gets the data next could make it, whatever. :)

okey doke, i got cracking on the b's last night and i finished the grand total of 8! yipee! I assigned all the movesets you had made though, good job btw Vlad. With your help this mod is going to be very, very good! Just for the sake of saving a bit of time though, do you think you could give the workers there movesets as you go? Thanks mate! Edit: Progress report i am pushing on through the B's, i have got as far as Goldberg, I'm getting quicker now but im still having a hard time finind movesets for Mexican/Japanese workers. I tried Lucha Wiki but its not that in-depth any decent website suggestions would be useful!

i managed to get a little bit done over the weekend, off the top of my head i think i got as far as BlackJack Lanza. This is a lot slower than i imagined but i guess we haven't set a deadline so it does not really matter how long it takes. I'm slightly worried about time constraits in september as im starting my degree course. But i guess we will deal with that when we get there!

THis is'nt dead, right? Ot are you just to busy to update regularly? Also, remember to add the Fingerpoke Of Doom to Hogan's moveset.

nope its not dead! Its just quite a slow process with just 2 people working on it! Im almost finished the B named workers and will be hopefully emailing the data back to vlad in the next couple of days. I know there are people who would like to see me work faster, but im looking for a new job at the moment and i am trying to sort out my OU course so i have quite a bit on my plate. But be patient this is my number 1 priority and this mod will happen!

[QUOTE=panix04]nope its not dead! Its just quite a slow process with just 2 people working on it! Im almost finished the B named workers and will be hopefully emailing the data back to vlad in the next couple of days. I know there are people who would like to see me work faster, but im looking for a new job at the moment and i am trying to sort out my OU course so i have quite a bit on my plate. But be patient this is my number 1 priority and this mod will happen![/QUOTE] Great to hear! Good luck!

[QUOTE=weirdo_man]You should just give all of the workers who aren't a C overness or better in at least one area a default moveset, give some of the more well known names of C or less finishers, and then call it quits so I can play this already :p[/QUOTE] Sorry to dis-appony you WM, but i would rather do as many movesets as possible or not bother at all!:) I dont want this to be just another wrespi real world mod that flatters to decieve i want it to be in the same league as DOTT (which i have played a lot and is awesome!) So when Vlad and i have ploughed through and done movesets for every worker we can find info on thats when we will release it! But if you want to help out with the movesets it may hurry the process along! ;)

Groovy. I'll start looking up our "C" starters later tonight and maybe kick out some moves that I'll need for them so I'll be prepared and hopefully get through these quicker than the last batch I did. :) Regarding something you said earllier about no being able to work on this after a certain date. If we don't get the movesets done by then this way, we should post what we have as a beta and I'd be happy to take over and do the remainder myself. That way those still eager to get their hands on our rough draft at that point can, and it'll still get done. After that I'd like to do some clean up work done on the movesets, just a couple of tweaks here and there to get the moves and workers in line with reality a bit, nothing major. Turning it out to the public to beta test will help a great deal at that point, as to tell the truth, I've seen very little of wrestling outside of WWF/E, WCW, AWA, ECW, AAA, CMLL, and TNA. So the advice of fans of those wrestlers and promotions that fall outside of that area (or inside for that matter, I'm no expert on wrestling in any regard! :)) would be very welcome! After that I'm hoping to draw together the required pics to replace the defaults, so that each move in the database will have it own (or at least the very least number of pics will be shared among moves) so as to make the conversion feel that more complete! :) Personally, Panix, in the end I'd like our little conversion project to be known as the "Modern Era" equivelent of DOTT (which indeed is awesome, and D. Boone and company deserve massive kudos for their dedication and hard work). I never do anything halfway once i've dedicated myself to it, hope you don't mind. :)

it's not so much that i won't be able to work on the mod after september just that i won't have much spare time, i still intend on staying with the project - right to the end! I am glad that you are keen though Vlad, i would definatly consider this a joint project now. As for the move pictures i agree completely that we should try to get a good selection. Anyway, thanks again Vlad, your an inspiration with your positivity!

Guest Ransik
Well I offered to help but no one ever got back to me. lol If you want to send me a list of moves to do I can get them done for ya since you can only import moves and not movesets.

sorry Ransik, your offer for help must have got lost somewhere in the billions of posts i read! :) but believe me your help would be really apreciated. If you want to you can join mine and vlads exchange system. What we are doing is taking it in turns to do a section of he databases movesets (EG Vlad done all workers beggining with A, im doing all of them beggining with D Etc. If you dont mind helping out with this give me your email addy and i will get Vlad to email you the files when he finished the C workers.

Archived