From Reading To...

Monday 5th June 2006 Let me introduce myself. My name is Cameron Ferguson, I was born in Inverness, Scotland back on 22nd August 1989 & this is my LiveJournal. I currently stay in Reading, Pennsylvania & I left school just over a year ago. Since then I've been trying pursue my dream, which is to become a wrestler! Now I know what you are doing right now, & that is laughing to yourselves: “Stupid damn kid, how naïve are you?” It's understandable. But I've spent the last year trying to really get down to it and learn wrestling. I've been watching guys like Tommy Cornell, Rip Chord, Bruce The Giant, the DeColts, all these guys for as long as I can remember and so this is the only natural career for me to have I think. Anyway, I came over here to the US back in 1994, so I only barely remember Scotland, although we still return once or twice a year to visit family. I'd definitely like to get to spend more time over there in the future, maybe even getting to wrestler in the UK. My family have generally been supportive of my desires to wrestle, although I can tell my dad is disappointed I didn't stay in school and try to make it with a college scholarship for football, where I played quarterback for my high school here in Reading. Still, I was never going to be good enough to get into the NFL, & football has always come third to me, behind wrestling & soccer, even if it would have been incredible to lead out the Nittany Lions at Happy Valley. Out with sports, I'm really into heavy metal, video games, hanging out with my friends and the usual stuff that a 16-year-old kid does these days. There's not much else to tell. Before I sign off, I thought I'd let you guys be the first to know that I have approached Mid-Atlantic Wrestling out on the east-coast, Canadian Charisma Championship Combat up north in Ontario, Canada and then closer to home I've also asked to speak to New York City Wrestling. Cross your fingers for me guys! To break kayfabe just for a moment, here's the lowdown on my character. Name: Cam Ferguson DOB: 22/08/89 Nationality: British Size: Middleweight Style: Technician Popularity: All F's Skills: All F except Power: D Strong Style: D Mat Wrestling: B Chain Wrestling: B Submissions: B Looks: D Star Quality: B Basics: B Psychology: C+ Saftey: C+ Consistency: B Selling: D Athleticism: D Toughness: D Stamina C+ Intensity: D Stiffness: D Resilience: A*

Tuesday 6th June 2006 Great news! I received phone calls from Rip Chord, Troy Winner and The Stomper, with all 3 men interested in signing me up to their promotion! I say yes to them all, and will be committing to 8 months as a babyface with CCCC, and with NYCW, while MAW has me as a face! This is an exciting day, the start of an era for me. In other news, I just got Ulver – Blood Inside & this is quite possibly the best album of last year. Totally badass, progressive sort of nonsense. Pant creamingly good. Also saw Burning Hammer's Lord Of The Ring show which was good. Sensational Dragon held onto his Burning Junior Championship in a bout with VENOM, and both tag titles were defended successfully too. Anyway, I'm out to celebrate my break with my friends at Pizza Hut. Later! Friday 9th June 2006 Was at the DAVE Danger Zone show last night in Philly, and I have to say that I enjoyed it a lot, even if I prefer a more old school type of show. The red hot crowd in Philly were really into proceedings, as they always are for DAVE shows. For those of you who didn't watch this on TV last night, Adrenaline Rush defeated The New Jersey Devils to retain the DAVE Tag straps, Big Cat Brandon brawled his way to a Brass Knuckles title defence over Travis Century and in the main event Acid overcame Chris Caulfield. My pro-wrestling début is coming very very soon, when I head to MAW for their 100,000 Years show which I am getting really excited about. Have worked on my moves & hope I have enough variety to impress both Troy and the fans. I am still listening to this Ulver album, can't believe it has taken me an entire year to find out about it since it was released. Really recommend it to you if you like this sort of thing, whatever this is. Looking forward to the new Superman movie, hope it doesn't suck. Anyway, I better get back into the gym! Tuesday 13th June 2006 I'm on tonight! Well, I hope I am, they haven't confirmed if I am being booked tonight or not. None the less, I'm so damn excited, I can't really sit here for too long because I'll go crazy! Really just want to get it over and done with, get that début out of the way. Some interesting news came though while I drove out to the MAW show, as my “agent” (mom back home in Reading!) let me know that details of my pushes with all 3 companies had just come through. In Mid-Atlantic I'd be getting a push of a upper-midcarder which is pretty exciting! I'll be mere Enhancement Talent in Canada, but lower-midcard in New York City Wrestling. Aside from that, saw Sensational Dragon have another successful title defence, this week over Golden Scorpion. He is really looking like a fantastic competitor and one who I am enjoying getting to watch. Just think, he's only 5 years older than me!

Wednesday 14th June 2006 Well last night I had my first ever pro-wrestling match, against the 21-year-old Canadian Rockin' Ryan Turner. The purse for the match was $750.80, with the winner getting 80% of it. And I was looking forward to having some money to spend, mainly on intensive training, but I could also do with some rent for the folks back home! The show opened with 'The Gods Of Thunder' teaming against 'Call To Action', Stan 'The Man' Manna vs Eddie Howard, Steven Parker vs Des Davids, my match, Oscar Golden vs Ricky Douglas and then the main event saw The Mean Machine face off with Flash Savage. Said hi to a few of the guys backstage, but I was too jittery to talk to anybody properly. Just had to get into the ring with Turner. After speaking to the boss here, Rip Chord, we decided on my entrance music as Metallica's 'Leper Messiah'. Hey, it's a good tune and at this level, we don't have to pay Lars $50 million to use it! I opened things up with an elbow strike, a forearm strike then a kick to the thigh and from there it all gets kind of fuzzy for me, and I haven't had a chance to see the video yet, due to it not having been edited or anything yet! None the less, when it comes out, it'll be available on [url]http://www.smartmarkvideos.com[/url] and I'll let you know so you can get it! But after 5 minutes the crowd start chanting negative things at me and I cannot help but grin as I apply a front facelock, only for Ryan to reverse my Irish whip attempt and clothesline me onto my arse. That's what you get for being a little ****y in your first match I guess! After an extremely hard fought battle, with both of us tiring and both of us having received a hell of a beating, momentum swung back in my favour after I slip out of Turner's elevated Boston Crab attempt, hit him with a Belly To Back Suplex, strung together some holds with he was on the ground, picked him up and planted him into the mat with an Elevated Brainbuster Suplex for the 1-2-3! There may have only been 62 people in attendance, but they liked what they saw. And I like what I did! It was so exhilarating! It was given a C on the official MAW forum from the people in attendance, which I'll take for my début. As far as the rest of the show went, 'The Gods Of Thunder' defeated 'Call To Action' in the opening match, & wins also went to Stan Manna, Des Davids, Ricky Douglas and then The Mean Machine defended his Mid Atlantic Championship successfully to round off a good show for Rip Chords fledging promotion. And so I drove home overnight with $600 extra dollars in my pocket, a pleasing outcome. And not only that but I'm back in action tomorrow night! Friday 16th June 2006 So last night was match number two, this time in Philly where New York City Wrestling hosted 'Destructive Appetite'. It saw me making my first appearance in the Tri-State area professionally, tagging up with 19-year-old The New York Doll against The Sting. The purse was $1,000, with the winner taking 80%. I talked to my partner before the show, and we both looked forward to showing that our youth wouldn't stop us putting on a good show! Sammy The Shark started things off against myself, only to miss a headbutt and ended up with me capitalising. With the match turning against Sammy, he manages to knock me on my butt with a strong headbutt, tagging in Roger Dodger. He managed to get the upper-hand, winding me and stopping me from two attempts to get The Doll in the ring. Finally after a missed splash I crawled into the corner and he got in, only to get squashed for near on 4 minutes. By the 18 minute mark Sammy has had several near falls now, and eventually gets his Stunning Face Crusher in, to seal a win which the fans sadly were not impressed with. Still, they were a known team, and I don't think we embarrassed ourselves in front of the 354 fans in attendance. Still, I've now a couple of weeks until my next appearance, at 4C Presents...Best Of The Best. I'm looking forward to my first ever journey north of the border into Canada. Anyway guys, until next time, later.

Saturday 17th June 2006 Wow, any of you guys manage to see Burning Hammer Of The Wrestling God's pay-per-view last night? Inferno Of Purity was hot! No titles changed hands but Sensational Dragon and Golden Scorpion stole the show in my books in the Burning Junior Championship match, with an awe-inspiring Sensation Shock! VENOM kept his Openweight belt, Bruce The Giant dismantled Everest, and in the main event Kinnojo Horri beat Yasunobu Masuno after the younger man botched his Masuno Avalanche Bomb and was rolled up for the pin. Great show as always from BHOTWG! I really want the chance to get to wrestler over there one day, maybe even against Sensational Dragon. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how my career unravels! I don't quite know how I missed it, but 24 was a show that was really on TV when I was out with friends, jamming with my band or whatever. But I went out this morning to Walmart and picked up the box set with the first 4 series. Only seen 1 episode so far but my friend Gee has been pimping this so much that I really have massive expectations for it, especially as I spent nearly $140 on the damn thing! Next wrestling will be up in Toronto with 4C on Monday night, Tuesday I'll be driving home and on Wednesday I'm going up to Allentown with Gee, Dave, Jen and Scott to check out Converge in a pre-Sounds of the Underground tour warm-up show. Looking forward to all of that. Tuesday 20th June 2006 Sadly I wasn't booked last night. Hey, it happens. Got to see the show, Alex Braun overcame Barry Kingman and Phenomenal E beat Brett Fraser to keep the 4C Hardcore Championship. Ah well, got Converge tomorrow night so that should be good fun. Saturday 24th June 2006 Did you see Danger Zone TV last night? If not, why the hell do you read this LiveJournal?!! Go away and watch it now. I'll even lend you my tape of it. Go watch it, then come back. Seen it now? Good! Read on. The New Wave couldn't win the DAVE Tag Titles, Adrenaline Rush proving to be superior. Big Cat Brandon remains the Brass Knuckles Champ, defeating veteran brawler “The Preacher” Travis Century. And tomorrow night is the first part of the annual DAVE showcase, The Extreme Double Header. I've got my ticket for both days over in New Jersey, can't wait. I'll update what it's like on Tuesday or Wednesday but knowing DAVE, the best promotion in the entire Tri-State area, I expect a damn good show! But before all that, man, Converge were electric. And Jacob smacked someone in the face, most amusing. But the guy was being a total dick so it was deserved. Converge are just a band you have to see live. Anyway, I've got to run, the band want to try practice. Later folks. Tuesday 24th June 2006 Two nights. Over 17,500 rapid wrestling fans. 22 matches. Buy the damn DVD for this show when it comes out! Oh man it was good. Violence was prevalent. But so was good wrestling and entertaining dudes on the mic. Stand out match on Day 1 was a beautiful hardcore brawl between Eddie Peak and Eric Tyler, with Tyler winning after executing the Tyler Arm Breaker onto a chair. How Peak's arm isn't broken into tiny pieces is amazing! I also enjoyed Henry Lee against Acid, even though I think Acid should have finished it off, but Lee came out with the win. Big Cat Brandon and Travis Century fought again, with the Cat keeping his title again. As for Day 2, well an extra 1,000 people packed into the arena for it, and was electrifying. Art Reed impressed over the Mongolian Tatsukichi, Adrenaline Rush were again too tough for any of the DAVE tag teams, this time coming out on top over The Animalz Big Cat Brandon and The Wolverine to extend their run with the tag straps. The main event of Acid and Shawn Gonzalez resulted in another loss for the man who used to be the hottest guy in the indies. Not as good a show as Day 1 but it was still entertaining Elsewhere today, I got faxed the shows that CCCC, MAW and NYCW will be running in July. MAW have Big Trouble, which is clashing with Gang Wars in NYCW, and at the end of the month 4C will be bringing us The Iron Man Challenge!

Archived