The Heart of Dixie: Cruise Babes (A Thunderverse Dynasty)

November 2020

DixieLaRue.jpg.7a710a0f19a58d99f626d7d222b90669.jpg

Dixie Mercedes Michaela LaRue was many things. An actor, in acclaimed works like “Dixie Does Dallas”. A director, of acclaimed works like “Dixie Does Dallas 2: Ranch Madness”. And, of course, an award winner, for acclaimed works like “Help, Stepson! I’m Stuck in the Washing Machine!”  These were fine works, of course, worthy of recognition by a specific industry that shall remain unnamed, but they didn’t exactly prepare Dixie for the world of professional wrestling. The land of spandex and slugging, of flips off the top rope to people  smashed through tables. Sure, the scripts were of the same quality, but there was a rush to live entertainment, the thrill that something could go terribly wrong - or not. Just like what happened on the set of “Three Men and A Lady”. But, the past was the past, and here Dixie was, about to open up a wrestling promotion of her own. One focused on empowering women, showing that they could be beautiful, strong, and smart-

MarkWatts.jpg.425771517f9f7870c618ff5cc64ca05f.jpg

“Let’s be clear, mate,” Mark Watts said, gaze piercing. “You want to open up a promotion called Cruise Babes, and you’re telling me this is meant to empower women?”

Mark was pushing 60, and the lines on his face were evidence of that, but he was still in great shape, just like when he and Troy Priest were with United Promotions Japan. He was a "road agent," whatever that meant, though Dixie assumed it involved preventing wrestlers from accidentally turning their opponents' brains into mush inside the ring. More importantly, he was a veteran of the industry and willing to work for peanuts. Dixie knew she needed people who understood the ins and outs of the business to make this venture a success. Hence, she found herself in a random Starbeans café in Sydney, meeting this random Kiwi, armed with business plans thanks to a conveniently located Office Warehouse near her apartment.

“Yes,” Dixie replied simply. For a moment, she thought if there was anything else she could add. Then, she continued. “We’re beautiful, strong, and it’s not as if there’re any Aussie companies that only feature women wrestlers.”

For a moment, Mark sighed, before nodding. “Fine. I see your point.”

“Glad to hear it.”

"Just so we're clear," Mark interjected, "I want my pay upfront, and I also want a say in talent acquisition and running these shows. Otherwise, you'll be steering this ship straight into the iceberg."

Dixie smirked. "Deal."

And with that, Cruise Babes began. Minus all of the official legal paperwork, promotional work for the first show, and the tiny detail of actually acquiring the talent.

• 2 weeks later...