Rookie to Legend career signing?

Has anyone who is playing in the rookie to legend career signed with a cult or higher promotion? if so who with ( cornellverse or DOTT ) and what is your popuarity in the different regions? .... I thought it was c or higher in 2 different regions which I'm at but still no bites yet....

i think its more i think its more about your overall popularity in the US ( go to creative meeting -> push to check out) than your regions popularity (the grades) i got into dave when i had 39.5 popularity + couple of friends over there in a up-card position. try having a friendship with the DAVE workers who work at your promotion, it could be very helpful.

Im 8 years in now and still can't get signed. Im 25% in the US overall with C- in one region, C in two other and C+ in another. I can't see me getting there im winning a lot of my matches but only getting over about 0.2 per month. How is everyone else getting on with popularity. ie how long have you been playing and what are you up to

Where are you working, Joey? I'm not saying that this is the case, but there will be times when you simply run into a brick wall in smaller promotions; i.e., there is no one left on the roster to provide you concrete benefits when beating them. I can not recall the exact formula to the hirings, but Awerber's advice on friendships is a very sound one. It really helps to have positive relationships with as many regional stars as you can. One of them is bound to get hired by a big promotion; that friendship will open the door for your wrestler.

At the moment i with USPW as and opener, MAW as a Midcarder and Coastal Zone as a lower mid. All with 25% popularity. I seem to only gain maybe 0.03 with 3 wins but with just one loss i drop the same its really hard to make any progress now been at 25% for about a year now. I investing in my Hardcore skill now so it is a B- and then try for them again. If thats fails i look at getting some friends that could move up.

So, I take it I'm not the only one having trouble? :) I do like the DOTT database better than cornell just because the smaller than cult promotions have weekly events sometimes 2 weekly events, so I can get more work .... I know you could adjust the database, but I like to keep things as default as possible.

getting into DAVE has almost nothing to do with your hardcore skill (atleast in my case), i had C- and got signed by them. just to get you in perspective i wrestled in small promotions in the US until 2014 and had only 39.5 popularity, but when i got into DAVE it only took me couple of months to get signed by TCW.

It's funny...in a way, it's almost like the Cornellverse 2006 is more representative of how tough it used to be to get a break in a big company back in the 70s and 80s. Guys would toil well into their 30s sometimes before finally catching on. And DOTT, while of course historically accurate with the territories running their weekly shows, makes it much easier to get up to a national company. Strange how all these things work out when played out in the game as opposed to real life.

You've a point, Trashbear - but the big companies in the CV are at National (and higher), whereas D.O.T.T. is limited to Cult. Considering that rookie-to-legends have the ability to start off working regional territories, jumping to a Cult fed isn't nearly as impressive (or hard) as Regional to a National/International is. That's where I dropped the ball. I should have channeled Adam's vision a bit better as far as that goes.

I don't know Boon, whatever you channelled into your mods seems to be doing just fine. I'm trying to hold off on a DOTT game now, because I know once I start, I won't be using the CVerse for quite some time. Who could blame me? I'm freakin' Ted DiBiase over here!

Archived