The point to having good matches?

Ok... so I've been playing for the better part of the day, and I've noticed that I have amazing matches... A* most of the time now. But what is the point of having a good match? There was no year end awards given out (at least not that I noticed at all) and my popularity drops when I lose, even if the match is the best of the year. So I'm completely lost as to why this is even in the game, if it's based completely off popularity. It's frustrating even trying to have a good match anymore. Should I just try and squash them with low level moves and my finisher instead of trying to put together an exciting match? I know that this game is geared towards people that don't want the intricities of an actual wrestling match, but AGAIN comparing it to the work I'm used to from TEW, this is starting to just get frustrating. I want to put on a good match and have it actually mean something, you know? And to top it off, what's the point in having mic skills if there's no promos in the game?

Match rating are there for the player's benefit, as some people like to play to try and get a good rating. It has no other effect. This is specifically mentioned in the help file. Microphone skills help you get hired by sports entertainment promotions. PLEASE start reading the help files that come with the game, they are there for a reason. It's not for my benefit, it's so you know what is going on. If you don't read them, you're missing out on a lot of potentially useful information.

[QUOTE=Jonny2284]IF these help files are so vital perhaps you should have made the installer actually link to them instead of forcing users to dredge through their program files directory to find them.[/QUOTE] On the [B][U]MAIN MENU[/U][/B] of the game is a little button that says "Help". Doesn't take a genious to find it. Usually when ya have a question about how something works in a game the in game help section would be the starting point.

Archived