What type of worker in your opinion is the best for getting wins?

I know everyone has there own opinion about this subject and I have started the game over several times because I either forgot to give myself a mentor or just wanted to explore all various types and styles of wrestlers.... I have found out in my opinion that technicians give me the best moves for my liking and I can reverse and slip out of just about anything... I know a lot of you won't believe me, but I'm using the DOTT database signed with 3 promotions and I am currently 39-1, with the 1 loss a fluke roll up in which I lost my TV title and then won it back the following day....:) So, what do you think about wresler styles and the ones you like to use or are the best?

Yes, DOTT is a little easier that's why I use it .... lol. I am a heel also :mad: <---- my heel face... I also cheat with one of my finishers being the brass knuckles punch.. I like to make people bleed.... ha ha ha ha <--- my evil villian laugh..

Regular wrestler I haven't had a single issue racking up wins and, I have the bonus of being able to sign with ANY promotion type in the game. I fit in everywhere. I can fly, I can brawl, and I can twist you into knots. And did I mention I fit in to every conceivable promotion type? Versatility is extremely important to me and regular wrestler gives it to me in spades. Besides, doesn't it get boring using the same counters in every situation of every match? I kinda like having to tailor my counter strategy to my opponents strengths as they compare to my own.

good point... I never had any luck with a regular wreslter, but hey it works for you. I like the stats that a technician gets in the rtl mode to start out with and just buy brawler stats and power stats and jack up my... whoa I almost went there... oh, I got a million of em', sorry.... as I was saying jack up my hardcore stats, since my chain wreslting and mat skills are already high.

Man, I've NEVER EVER started a RTL with "instant superstar" or whatever.. Always Realistic. I mean always. There's no idea with starting with awesome skills :D I like it harder ;) And on-topic: I've noticed that high fliers, Super Juniors work for me. It's just so awesome to slip out of moves, and reversing big moves into super kicks or face crushers.. My favourite this far is reversing Slingshot Suplex to Face crusher :)

How much difference is there from instant superstar and realistic in the stats? Hey, I know that being realistic is the way you should go, but darn it I'm 31 yo and have earned the right to start my career late with jacked up ;) stats and it's hard enough ;) on me anyway, to be a wrestler in their 30's just starting out.....

[QUOTE=FINisher]Man, I've NEVER EVER started a RTL with "instant superstar" or whatever.. Always Realistic. I mean always. There's no idea with starting with awesome skills :D I like it harder ;) [/QUOTE] *shrug* I tried to play realistic 4 times and each time I got stuck with the female equivalent of Steve Lombardi. With hard capped skills in the D/C- area. No thanks. You want it harder? Play a FEMALE worker on realistic. I'm willing to bet that a female worker on superstar is still far harder than a male worker on realistic.

[QUOTE=Remianen]*shrug* I tried to play realistic 4 times and each time I got stuck with the female equivalent of Steve Lombardi. With hard capped skills in the D/C- area. No thanks. You want it harder? Play a FEMALE worker on realistic. I'm willing to bet that a female worker on superstar is still far harder than a male worker on realistic.[/QUOTE] Actually I've gone through once so far using realistic stats on a regular male wrestler and found the same thing, pretty much everything capped in the D's and C's, Charisma was even stuck at 5% which basically killed the odds of getting into any of the big Sports Entertainment feds.

[QUOTE=Xenodracon]Actually I've gone through once so far using realistic stats on a regular male wrestler and found the same thing, pretty much everything capped in the D's and C's, Charisma was even stuck at 5% which basically killed the odds of getting into any of the big Sports Entertainment feds.[/QUOTE] heh in one of my superstar careers, I'm playing as Karen Bilous (C-verse worker) and her Charisma is capped at D. Haven't tried raising Mic or Acting yet but I'm figuring without the charisma, it's a crapshoot either way. She'd wind up like Lance Storm or something.

Just out of personal preference, I've gone for Super Junior. I've been using Blue Chipper for starting stats. Gives me decent starting skills, but random caps. Also, don't badmouth Lance Storm. He's the biggest reason that Mic Skills shouldn't be limited by Charisma, since he was really good on the mic, but not very charismatic.

My only extensive career so far has been working Strong Style in Japan. As Billy noted earlier, the brawling/technical mix is interesting and fun to play. I've done quite well as far as W/L record goes since I got a decent strategy worked out, and I had little trouble getting a written with PGHW (a pure fed), where I've held gold three times in my eight months with the company. I'm curious, however, to see how my style affects getting work in the States. I'm thinking I may try my luck there when my contract is up, and I wonder if the big SE promotions will be interested in a strong style guy, even one with Samoan Machine's godlike stats. We shall see...

i have no idea what are you guys talking about, i started my RTL game with a crapy realistic wrestler and im 14 in charisma and 13.4 at mic skill (with no abillity to get it higher) and im currently the top Face at SWF with 90.1 popularity at the US, although im good looking (b+) and i have good star quality (B) i dont think getting into a sport Entertainment promotion has anything with your mic skills.

I won't totally side with dime on his implications (heh), but I am pretty amazed at the records you guys are putting together. I play established regional stars in DOTT and hover at around .500 constantly. Even when playing someone mega like Hogan, I still lose quite a few matches - heh. Oh well... I stink. :)

I just started a new career with the Entertainer style and I must say I'm kinda surprised with my results... I started off rough I was 4-4, but since then I have jumped to 21-4... I am seeing the same effects in this style as with my technician with countering anyway .... I think I will hang on to the entertainer right now ... I am gaining popularity faster with the entertainer than with the technician... wierd.....:)

Archived