Empire Pro Wrestling: Tradition Takes Hold

[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Week 1, June 2009[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW: Love from New York Seen across the Continental U.S. on National Pride TV Crowd: 6,466 Viewers: 108,068[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Bryan Bruce starts the show[/COLOR][/B] "Who saw the Pay-Per-View?" Bruce asked? "Who here saw The Empire Strikes back from the privacy of their own living room?" Lots of cheers there. "Well guess what, so did I! They had room for dozens of wrestlers, but not the greatest athlete in the history of Europe, that is unacceptable!" The Belgian's rant inspired one of the many wrestlers who did take part in the show, G-2's Gregory Gibson, to come out. "Brucie," Gibson announced, "If you don't want to sit at home on the big shows, all you have to do is win!" Gibson ran down to ringside, indicating that he'd give Bruce an opportunity to win a match. [B]Rating: C [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Gregory Gibson vs Bryan Bruce[/B][/COLOR] Not a bad match by any stretch of the imagination, but this one won't go down in the history books as a classic either. Both of these men are incredibly young, with loads of potential, so it might've been a good idea to give them an experienced dance partner to work with. Still, entertaining enough to be far from abysmal. Bruce used some standard heeling, but it was Gibson who shone the most, showing off some impressive matwork, then finishing off the European half of the Intercontinental Connection with his Gibsonator Cradle Piledriver for the win at 6:21 [B] Winner: Gregory Gibson Rating: C- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Tracy Brendon was out next[/COLOR][/B] The scheduled opponents, The Poison Brothers, were in the corner, awaiting their opponents. "One big rule in times of war, always lure your opposition into a false sense of security, and that was my play at The Empire Strikes back. Animalz, I hope you're home watching, because you're about to see just who you're dealing with. I'll admit it, you two have been dominant, [B]dominant,[/B] for years, but my team, they've been even more dominant for decades. I give you the greatest tag team in the history of professional wrestling: Pain, Agony, the Lords Of War! [B]Rating: C+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] The Poison Brothers vs The Lords of War [/COLOR][/B] The Lords have been brought in for name value, and name value alone, but they just can't get it done in the ring at their age, as they were blown up five minutes in. The brothers were given minimal offense, just enough to make them look like actual wrestlers, and not total jobbers, but this one was all about introducing Warlords Pain and Agony as big time power players. They finished it off, wasting no time, with the Warlord Execution at 6:44. [B] Winners: Lords of War Rating: C+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]The Swami is hyping up Jimmy Cox[/COLOR][/B] "Roland Hall thinks he's great," Swami ranted, "He thinks he can come right in here and take over wrestling because he was a football player. Jimmy, football is nothing in your homeland, your native Japan, you have real athletes, real sports, real fighters. Don't go out there and win this fight for me, or you, win it for your homeland. Japan needs a hero, and we all know that Esiaku Hoshino isn't getting the job done, so you're going to have to go in there with the weight of an entire country on your shoulders. You can do it Jimmy, you can do it." [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Rating: C+ Roland Hall vs Jimmy Cox[/B][/COLOR] Hall tried to outmuscle Jimmy early, and it worked, as Cox just couldn't get much of anything done in the early going. Jimmy managed to go mind over matter though, relying on a Swami distraction to use the old standby knee clip on Hall, with Dickie Gellar making the obvious 15 yard penalty joke. Decent match all the way through despite the obvious difference in styles, it was finished thanks to Cox planting a boot on the clipped knee, then locking on the Osaka Crab for a submission at 10:22. [B]Winner: Jimmy Cox Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Nemesis Promo[/COLOR][/B] Even though Steve Flash retained the EPW World Title off of the countout loss, Nemesis had the title belt with him and proclaimed himself the heavyweight champion of the world. "I won the match, I knocked Steve Flash out cold, he's still in the hospital with a mild concussion. So tonight, I declare my match with Esiaku Hoshino to be for the EPW Heavyweight Championship of the world. That was enough to bring Hoshino's music up, with the 'challenger' intently walking to the ring." [B]B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"EPW World Heavyweight Championship" Esiaku Hoshino vs Nemesis ("c") [/COLOR][/B] Hoshi started a house of fire, the announcers speculating that he heard what The Swami and Jimmy Cox had to say, and it'd struck a nerve. Hoshi threw side kick after side kick, going after the creaky legs of the supposed heavyweight champion. Nemesis was able to come back in an impressive fashion, catching Hoshino as he came off the top rope with a cross body, sending him down hard with a powerslam. There was a ref bump about ten minutes in as Hoshi missed a flying forearm and collided with Jez McArthur, that led Jimmy Cox to run out, smashing a Japanese flag over Hoshi's head, leading to a Nemesis pinfall at 10:56 [B] Winner and still (not) EPW World Champion: Nemesis Rating: B+ Overall: B Up Next: Nemesis "defends" against Mean Jean Cattley, Frankie Perez battles Art Reed, and much more.[/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Week 1, June 2009[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW: Love from New York Seen across the Continental U.S. on National Pride TV Crowd: 6,466 Viewers: 108,068[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Bryan Bruce starts the show[/COLOR][/B] "Who saw the Pay-Per-View?" Bruce asked? "Who here saw The Empire Strikes back from the privacy of their own living room?" Lots of cheers there. "Well guess what, so did I! They had room for dozens of wrestlers, but not the greatest athlete in the history of Europe, that is unacceptable!" The Belgian's rant inspired one of the many wrestlers who did take part in the show, G-2's Gregory Gibson, to come out. "Brucie," Gibson announced, "If you don't want to sit at home on the big shows, all you have to do is win!" Gibson ran down to ringside, indicating that he'd give Bruce an opportunity to win a match. [B]Rating: C [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Gregory Gibson vs Bryan Bruce[/B][/COLOR] Not a bad match by any stretch of the imagination, but this one won't go down in the history books as a classic either. Both of these men are incredibly young, with loads of potential, so it might've been a good idea to give them an experienced dance partner to work with. Still, entertaining enough to be far from abysmal. Bruce used some standard heeling, but it was Gibson who shone the most, showing off some impressive matwork, then finishing off the European half of the Intercontinental Connection with his Gibsonator Cradle Piledriver for the win at 6:21 [B] Winner: Gregory Gibson Rating: C- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Tracy Brendon was out next[/COLOR][/B] The scheduled opponents, The Poison Brothers, were in the corner, awaiting their opponents. "One big rule in times of war, always lure your opposition into a false sense of security, and that was my play at The Empire Strikes back. Animalz, I hope you're home watching, because you're about to see just who you're dealing with. I'll admit it, you two have been dominant, [B]dominant,[/B] for years, but my team, they've been even more dominant for decades. I give you the greatest tag team in the history of professional wrestling: Pain, Agony, the Lords Of War! [B]Rating: C+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] The Poison Brothers vs The Lords of War [/COLOR][/B] The Lords have been brought in for name value, and name value alone, but they just can't get it done in the ring at their age, as they were blown up five minutes in. The brothers were given minimal offense, just enough to make them look like actual wrestlers, and not total jobbers, but this one was all about introducing Warlords Pain and Agony as big time power players. They finished it off, wasting no time, with the Warlord Execution at 6:44. [B] Winners: Lords of War Rating: C+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]The Swami is hyping up Jimmy Cox[/COLOR][/B] "Roland Hall thinks he's great," Swami ranted, "He thinks he can come right in here and take over wrestling because he was a football player. Jimmy, football is nothing in your homeland, your native Japan, you have real athletes, real sports, real fighters. Don't go out there and win this fight for me, or you, win it for your homeland. Japan needs a hero, and we all know that Esiaku Hoshino isn't getting the job done, so you're going to have to go in there with the weight of an entire country on your shoulders. You can do it Jimmy, you can do it." [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Rating: C+ Roland Hall vs Jimmy Cox[/B][/COLOR] Hall tried to outmuscle Jimmy early, and it worked, as Cox just couldn't get much of anything done in the early going. Jimmy managed to go mind over matter though, relying on a Swami distraction to use the old standby knee clip on Hall, with Dickie Gellar making the obvious 15 yard penalty joke. Decent match all the way through despite the obvious difference in styles, it was finished thanks to Cox planting a boot on the clipped knee, then locking on the Osaka Crab for a submission at 10:22. [B]Winner: Jimmy Cox Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Nemesis Promo[/COLOR][/B] Even though Steve Flash retained the EPW World Title off of the countout loss, Nemesis had the title belt with him and proclaimed himself the heavyweight champion of the world. "I won the match, I knocked Steve Flash out cold, he's still in the hospital with a mild concussion. So tonight, I declare my match with Esiaku Hoshino to be for the EPW Heavyweight Championship of the world. That was enough to bring Hoshino's music up, with the 'challenger' intently walking to the ring." [B]B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"EPW World Heavyweight Championship" Esiaku Hoshino vs Nemesis ("c") [/COLOR][/B] Hoshi started a house of fire, the announcers speculating that he heard what The Swami and Jimmy Cox had to say, and it'd struck a nerve. Hoshi threw side kick after side kick, going after the creaky legs of the supposed heavyweight champion. Nemesis was able to come back in an impressive fashion, catching Hoshino as he came off the top rope with a cross body, sending him down hard with a powerslam. There was a ref bump about ten minutes in as Hoshi missed a flying forearm and collided with Jez McArthur, that led Jimmy Cox to run out, smashing a Japanese flag over Hoshi's head, leading to a Nemesis pinfall at 10:56 [B] Winner and still (not) EPW World Champion: Nemesis Rating: B+ Overall: B Up Next: Nemesis "defends" against Mean Jean Cattley, Frankie Perez battles Art Reed, and much more.[/B]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]EPW Showdown Seen Across The U.S. And Canada on The Pop! Network Crowd: 6466 Viewership: 108894[/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Squire Flemmy vs Havoc[/COLOR][/B] Interesting match, as these two are very, very talented in their own way, but just didn't mesh well -- Havoc being the consumate brawler, Flemmy being one of the premier technicians in American wrestling right now. Flemmy did a decent job of working the mat early, but Havoc trapped the Knight's arms and battered him with headbutt after headbutt. It was all Havoc from there, with the former Terry Agony conducting an unrelenting assault and finishing the Squire with Maximum Havoc at 5:31 [B]Winner: Havoc Rating: C [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Scout is backstage[/COLOR][/B] "I beat Reed, I'll beat whoever you want, just give me C4 at the Pay-Per-View, that's all I ask for," Scout said to someone standing off camera. "You can have C4 at Tradition Begins Anew, but Scout, you need a partner, I can't sanction a tag team title match," NYCW faithful would recognize the voice of The Stomper. Scout scowled and barked "I don't need a partner, I don't care about the tag titles, make it a non-title match." Stomper stayed steadfast, insisting that he find a partner, and offering to make a match for later in the night, Scout and a partner of his choosing against Robert Oxford and Barry Kingman. [B]Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Champagne Lover & Danny Jacobs vs Roland Hall & Valiant [/COLOR][/B] Jacobs and Champagne are an interesting tandem for the old school NYCW fans, as Champagne's Latin Kings and DJ's Future Shock had a hot series of tag matches in the summer of 2008, opening some of the best NYCW shows in the history of the promotion in the days where Sam Keith, Eric Tyler, and Haruki Kudo were at the top of the cards. This was a pretty good match in itself, showcasing some of the future stars -- all of these guys have main event potential, with Champagne not being far away. Jacobs was the one who scored the pin here, rolling up Hall with a handful of tights at 7:40. [B]Winners: Champagne Lover & Danny Jacobs Rating: B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Scout & Joanne Rodriguez vs Robert Oxford & Barry Kingman[/COLOR] [/B] Unsurprisingly, Scout chose his significant other to work the match with him, and presumably to face C4 at the Tradition Begins Anew PPV show at the end of June. JRo and Kingman started off, briefly rekindling the feud those two had for a few weeks early in Rodriguez's tenure, which ended with Kingman having his head shaved bald. This was a solid technical encounter, with everyone knowing their way around the mat, ending when Scout tapped Kingman out with the Special Forces Armbar at 8:29. After the match, Oxford and Kingman were arguing amongst themselves for a bit. [B]Winners: Scout & Joanne Rodriguez Rating: B+ (match) C+ (argument) [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Alex Braun & Nevada Nuclear vs The Animalz [/COLOR][/B] If the Animalz were at all intimidated by the unveiling of The Lords of War as Tracy Brendon's opposition, they didn't show it, as they went at Alex Braun with everything they had, but Braun and Nuclear weathered the storm for a while, with a good brawl ensuing. Nuclear and Braun did a good job working over The Wolverine, leading to the inevitable hot tag to Brandon, who absolutely cleaned house, eventually scoring the pinfall on Alex Braun with his Big Cat Pounce finisher at 7:41. [B]Winners: The Animalz Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Havoc Promo[/COLOR][/B] This one was done at ringside, with Havoc sitting against the guard rail. "We've all felt pain, we've all been hurt, but no one, NO ONE, has ever been through what I've been through. I never wanted to fight for a living, but I've had no choice! From the time I was 12 years old, I've been surviving on my own, no one to rely on, no one to turn to. And now it's time for eacn and every wrestler in EPW to feel the pain I've felt, one by one." Frankie Perez was out next, with Agony just staring the proud athlete down. [B]Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Frankie Perez vs Art Reed [/COLOR][/B] Of course, this match was incredible. Perez is on the fast track to being a big star, absolutely being groomed for bigger and better things, and Art is as over as anyone on the roster, thanks in large part to his work in DAVE. Reed and Perez went hold for hold, move for move in the beginning, with one guy countering the other, then the counter being countered, very entertaining stuff. Interestingly enough, Havoc watched the entire match, only getting involved in the end, tripping Frankie up, leading to an Art Attack and a pin at 12:53 [B]Winner: Art Reed Rating: A [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Nemesis promo[/COLOR][/B] Nemesis reiterated his claim of being the EPW World Heavyweight Champion, announcing to the world that he would give Mean Jean Cattley the thing he attacked Art Reed to try to obtain: a World Title Shot, but then advised Cattley to be careful: he'd put Flash in the hospital, he'd do the same to him. Nemesis then laid out a challenge, saying that if Flash wanted to take the title from him, he was welcome to try any time he wanted, and suggested that at Tradition Begins Anew, the two step into the cage. [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] "EPW World Heavyweight Title" Mean Jean Cattley ("challenger") vs Nemesis ("champion") [/COLOR][/B] Another very good match in what is fast becoming one of the better episodes of Showdown we've put on in a long time. A brawl to start, before Cattley tried to put it into his element and take it to the mat, which worked for a while before Nemesis brought things back to his style with a few rights to the head and one hell of a lariat. Continuing a theme from the previous match, Art Reed got involved here, The Swami distracting the referee while Art brained Cattley with a chair, leading The Swami's Army to aid Nemesis in winning his second fradulent title defense at 10:18. [B] Winner, and still (not) EPW World Champion: Nemesis Rating: A [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Post Match..[/COLOR].[/B] Steve Flash came charging through the crowd in street clothes, tackling Nemesis and pummeling him with a rapid procession of lefts and rights. Mean Jean Cattley, Frankie Perez, and Jimmy Cox ran in to separate the two, but not before Steve Flash snatched away his EPW World Title belt. [B]Rating: A Overall: A[/B] BHOTWG has lost their former 5-Time Openweight Champion Yoshii Shiomi, always known as a loose cannon, who was jailed on tax evasion charges and will be behind bars for the next year. Looking ahead, the card for [B][COLOR="Red"]Tradition Begins Anew[/COLOR][/B], only on Pay-Per-View, is taking shape fast. Here's what it looks like so far. [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW World Tag Team Titles Scout & Joanne Rodriguez (challengers) vs C4 (champion[/COLOR][/B]s) A huge grudge match with the gold on the line, one doesn't have to look back far to see the last time JRo challenged for the tag titles, it was the night C4 won the gold, and she was burned by a fireball from The Swami. Now, Rodriguez and Scout look to gain a measure of vengance, not to mention the World Tag Team Titles. [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Frankie Perez vs Havoc[/COLOR][/B] Havoc attacked Frankie Perez during a match for no apparent reason, making good on his promise to wreak havoc on EPW's roster one at a time. This time, he'll have to take on Frankie face to face, which is no easy activity. [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]The Lords of War vs The Animalz[/COLOR][/B] The past meets the present in this showdown of two tag teams that have had careers marked by sheer dominance. Tracy Brendon has brought the LoW in to take out the Big Cat and The Wolverine and stake their claim as the leaders of EPW's tag team pack. Will it work, or will the Lords be the latest prey for The Animalz? [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B] Esiaku Hoshino vs Jimmy Cox[/B][/COLOR] Jimmy Cox's flaunting of a supposed Japanese heritage hasn't sat well with genuine Japanese native Esiaku Hoshino, but things came to a fever pitch when Cox interjected himself into Hoshi's match against Nemesis, breaking a Japanese flag over his back. It'll take more than a cheap shot to get the job done in this match. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B] Mean Jean Cattley vs Art Reed[/B][/COLOR] In a fight for position, Mean Jean and Reed are both looking to solidify themselves as top contenders to the EPW World Title. While this match isn't for the top contendership, it certainly will put the winner in a spot where they'll be considered one of the premiere challengers to the gold. Both have also cost the other high profile matches in recent weeks, Cattley allowing Scout to beat Reed, and Reed stealing a win over MJC for Nemesis. [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Steel Cage Match for the EPW World Heavyweight Championship Nemesis (challenger) vs Steve Flash (champion)[/COLOR][/B] Nemesis came very, very close to dethroning Steve Flash at The Empire Strikes back, defeating the World Champion by countout. There's no worrying about countouts here, as this one will take place in the cage, where two men enter, and no one leaves until there is a winner. Who is the real champion of the world? We'll find out here.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]EPW Showdown Seen Across The U.S. And Canada on The Pop! Network Crowd: 6466 Viewership: 108894[/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Squire Flemmy vs Havoc[/COLOR][/B] Interesting match, as these two are very, very talented in their own way, but just didn't mesh well -- Havoc being the consumate brawler, Flemmy being one of the premier technicians in American wrestling right now. Flemmy did a decent job of working the mat early, but Havoc trapped the Knight's arms and battered him with headbutt after headbutt. It was all Havoc from there, with the former Terry Agony conducting an unrelenting assault and finishing the Squire with Maximum Havoc at 5:31 [B]Winner: Havoc Rating: C [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Scout is backstage[/COLOR][/B] "I beat Reed, I'll beat whoever you want, just give me C4 at the Pay-Per-View, that's all I ask for," Scout said to someone standing off camera. "You can have C4 at Tradition Begins Anew, but Scout, you need a partner, I can't sanction a tag team title match," NYCW faithful would recognize the voice of The Stomper. Scout scowled and barked "I don't need a partner, I don't care about the tag titles, make it a non-title match." Stomper stayed steadfast, insisting that he find a partner, and offering to make a match for later in the night, Scout and a partner of his choosing against Robert Oxford and Barry Kingman. [B]Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Champagne Lover & Danny Jacobs vs Roland Hall & Valiant [/COLOR][/B] Jacobs and Champagne are an interesting tandem for the old school NYCW fans, as Champagne's Latin Kings and DJ's Future Shock had a hot series of tag matches in the summer of 2008, opening some of the best NYCW shows in the history of the promotion in the days where Sam Keith, Eric Tyler, and Haruki Kudo were at the top of the cards. This was a pretty good match in itself, showcasing some of the future stars -- all of these guys have main event potential, with Champagne not being far away. Jacobs was the one who scored the pin here, rolling up Hall with a handful of tights at 7:40. [B]Winners: Champagne Lover & Danny Jacobs Rating: B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Scout & Joanne Rodriguez vs Robert Oxford & Barry Kingman[/COLOR] [/B] Unsurprisingly, Scout chose his significant other to work the match with him, and presumably to face C4 at the Tradition Begins Anew PPV show at the end of June. JRo and Kingman started off, briefly rekindling the feud those two had for a few weeks early in Rodriguez's tenure, which ended with Kingman having his head shaved bald. This was a solid technical encounter, with everyone knowing their way around the mat, ending when Scout tapped Kingman out with the Special Forces Armbar at 8:29. After the match, Oxford and Kingman were arguing amongst themselves for a bit. [B]Winners: Scout & Joanne Rodriguez Rating: B+ (match) C+ (argument) [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Alex Braun & Nevada Nuclear vs The Animalz [/COLOR][/B] If the Animalz were at all intimidated by the unveiling of The Lords of War as Tracy Brendon's opposition, they didn't show it, as they went at Alex Braun with everything they had, but Braun and Nuclear weathered the storm for a while, with a good brawl ensuing. Nuclear and Braun did a good job working over The Wolverine, leading to the inevitable hot tag to Brandon, who absolutely cleaned house, eventually scoring the pinfall on Alex Braun with his Big Cat Pounce finisher at 7:41. [B]Winners: The Animalz Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Havoc Promo[/COLOR][/B] This one was done at ringside, with Havoc sitting against the guard rail. "We've all felt pain, we've all been hurt, but no one, NO ONE, has ever been through what I've been through. I never wanted to fight for a living, but I've had no choice! From the time I was 12 years old, I've been surviving on my own, no one to rely on, no one to turn to. And now it's time for eacn and every wrestler in EPW to feel the pain I've felt, one by one." Frankie Perez was out next, with Agony just staring the proud athlete down. [B]Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Frankie Perez vs Art Reed [/COLOR][/B] Of course, this match was incredible. Perez is on the fast track to being a big star, absolutely being groomed for bigger and better things, and Art is as over as anyone on the roster, thanks in large part to his work in DAVE. Reed and Perez went hold for hold, move for move in the beginning, with one guy countering the other, then the counter being countered, very entertaining stuff. Interestingly enough, Havoc watched the entire match, only getting involved in the end, tripping Frankie up, leading to an Art Attack and a pin at 12:53 [B]Winner: Art Reed Rating: A [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Nemesis promo[/COLOR][/B] Nemesis reiterated his claim of being the EPW World Heavyweight Champion, announcing to the world that he would give Mean Jean Cattley the thing he attacked Art Reed to try to obtain: a World Title Shot, but then advised Cattley to be careful: he'd put Flash in the hospital, he'd do the same to him. Nemesis then laid out a challenge, saying that if Flash wanted to take the title from him, he was welcome to try any time he wanted, and suggested that at Tradition Begins Anew, the two step into the cage. [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] "EPW World Heavyweight Title" Mean Jean Cattley ("challenger") vs Nemesis ("champion") [/COLOR][/B] Another very good match in what is fast becoming one of the better episodes of Showdown we've put on in a long time. A brawl to start, before Cattley tried to put it into his element and take it to the mat, which worked for a while before Nemesis brought things back to his style with a few rights to the head and one hell of a lariat. Continuing a theme from the previous match, Art Reed got involved here, The Swami distracting the referee while Art brained Cattley with a chair, leading The Swami's Army to aid Nemesis in winning his second fradulent title defense at 10:18. [B] Winner, and still (not) EPW World Champion: Nemesis Rating: A [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Post Match..[/COLOR].[/B] Steve Flash came charging through the crowd in street clothes, tackling Nemesis and pummeling him with a rapid procession of lefts and rights. Mean Jean Cattley, Frankie Perez, and Jimmy Cox ran in to separate the two, but not before Steve Flash snatched away his EPW World Title belt. [B]Rating: A Overall: A[/B] BHOTWG has lost their former 5-Time Openweight Champion Yoshii Shiomi, always known as a loose cannon, who was jailed on tax evasion charges and will be behind bars for the next year. Looking ahead, the card for [B][COLOR="Red"]Tradition Begins Anew[/COLOR][/B], only on Pay-Per-View, is taking shape fast. Here's what it looks like so far. [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW World Tag Team Titles Scout & Joanne Rodriguez (challengers) vs C4 (champion[/COLOR][/B]s) A huge grudge match with the gold on the line, one doesn't have to look back far to see the last time JRo challenged for the tag titles, it was the night C4 won the gold, and she was burned by a fireball from The Swami. Now, Rodriguez and Scout look to gain a measure of vengance, not to mention the World Tag Team Titles. [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Frankie Perez vs Havoc[/COLOR][/B] Havoc attacked Frankie Perez during a match for no apparent reason, making good on his promise to wreak havoc on EPW's roster one at a time. This time, he'll have to take on Frankie face to face, which is no easy activity. [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]The Lords of War vs The Animalz[/COLOR][/B] The past meets the present in this showdown of two tag teams that have had careers marked by sheer dominance. Tracy Brendon has brought the LoW in to take out the Big Cat and The Wolverine and stake their claim as the leaders of EPW's tag team pack. Will it work, or will the Lords be the latest prey for The Animalz? [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B] Esiaku Hoshino vs Jimmy Cox[/B][/COLOR] Jimmy Cox's flaunting of a supposed Japanese heritage hasn't sat well with genuine Japanese native Esiaku Hoshino, but things came to a fever pitch when Cox interjected himself into Hoshi's match against Nemesis, breaking a Japanese flag over his back. It'll take more than a cheap shot to get the job done in this match. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B] Mean Jean Cattley vs Art Reed[/B][/COLOR] In a fight for position, Mean Jean and Reed are both looking to solidify themselves as top contenders to the EPW World Title. While this match isn't for the top contendership, it certainly will put the winner in a spot where they'll be considered one of the premiere challengers to the gold. Both have also cost the other high profile matches in recent weeks, Cattley allowing Scout to beat Reed, and Reed stealing a win over MJC for Nemesis. [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Steel Cage Match for the EPW World Heavyweight Championship Nemesis (challenger) vs Steve Flash (champion)[/COLOR][/B] Nemesis came very, very close to dethroning Steve Flash at The Empire Strikes back, defeating the World Champion by countout. There's no worrying about countouts here, as this one will take place in the cage, where two men enter, and no one leaves until there is a winner. Who is the real champion of the world? We'll find out here.

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][B]Week 2, June 2009[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW: Live! on Location from Louisiana Seen across the continental U.S. on National Pride TV Crowd: 5,000 (sellout) Viewers: 103872 [/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW World Tag Team Titles Arnold Jarrett & Michael Washington vs C4 [/COLOR][/B] Decent enough match, with Arnold Jarrett getting the share of the offense for his team, with Washington being thrown around like a rag doll by the champions for most of his time in the match. The match was better than expected, one of C4's better efforts in recent weeks, ending when Maverick made Washington submit to the Scorpion Deathlock at 5:46. [B]Winners, and still EPW World Tag Team Champions: C4 Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]8-Man Tag The Family & The Intercontinental Connection vs Jackie Poison, Hell Monkey, & The Animalz [/COLOR][/B] 8 men, five minutes, can you tell this is a thrown together match to put people who want more face time onto the show? Yeah. Not actively bad though, but the Animalz dominated, cleaning house on the heels and putting Lewis Starr away with The Maul at 4:47. The Animalz celebrated post-match, showing no fear of the Lords of War. [B] Winners: Animalz/Poison/Monkey Rating: C+ (match) B- (celebration) [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Scout Promo[/COLOR][/B] "I guess I should be happy," Scout said, the scowl on his face indicating he was anything but, "I was given exactly what I wanted, a match with C4 at Tradition Begins Anew. Two weeks away now. Two weeks until John Maverick sees who has the best submission hold in wrestling. Two weeks until that piece of garbage Greg Richardson, the son of a (censored) who outed me and Joanne in the first place, gets what's coming to him. Just two more weeks... problem is, I can't wait that long to dispense some pain. I'm getting impatient, and Marc Speed, that's bad news for you, my friend." [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Scout vs Marc Speed[/COLOR] [/B] The cycle of squashes was broken here, as Speed held his own against the multiple time Empire Champion. Speed did one hell of a job bumping like a pinball for Scout when it was his turn, though, and took a nasty superplex for a long two count. Marc tried to keep moving, but got brazen toward the end of the match and tried to get on the mat with Scout, which failed miserably, as he was tied up in knots and forced to submit to the Special Forces Armbar, time of match being 9:52. [B]Winner: Scout Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Mean Jean Cattley gets on mic[/COLOR][/B] "Folks, the day of reckoning is almost upon us. Steve Flash and Nemesis in a cage, Scout goin' after The Swami once and for all, The Lords of War and The Animalz... I can't believe how big'uva show we got coming up, and Art Reed, you and me are a big, big part of the festivities my friend. But tonight! Tonight is about another one of the Swami's boys, Mr. Jimmy Cox, the man from Boston who thinks he's from Tokyo, and Jimmy, baby, you're one hell of a wrestler, but you ain't tough enough, you ain't good enough, and you sure as hell ain't mean enough for Jean Cattley!" [B]Rating: C [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Mean Jean Cattley vs Jimmy Cox[/COLOR] [/B] Mat Wrestling galore here, and good mat wrestling at that. Cattley pushed the pace early, chaining one move into another and keeping the tempo high in a neo-technical fashion. When Cox took control he went with a more traditional sense and kept it on the mat, softening Cattley's back as a way to set up for the (Insert Japanese City here) Crab. Unfortunately, Cox never got a chance to slap on the crab, as Cattley elbowed out of a snap mare attempt and hit the Mood Swing for a clean pinfall at 11:53. [B]Winner: Mean Jean Cattley Rating: B- Overall: B- [I]Up Next: It's Showdown, where C4 will defend their World Tag Team Titles against The Knights of the Squared Circle, Roland Hall & Hell Monkey face Nemesis & Robert Oxford, and Steve Flash returns to the ring to defend his EPW World Championship against his former partner, Jimmy Cox.[/I][/B]

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][B]Week 2, June 2009[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW: Live! on Location from Louisiana Seen across the continental U.S. on National Pride TV Crowd: 5,000 (sellout) Viewers: 103872 [/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW World Tag Team Titles Arnold Jarrett & Michael Washington vs C4 [/COLOR][/B] Decent enough match, with Arnold Jarrett getting the share of the offense for his team, with Washington being thrown around like a rag doll by the champions for most of his time in the match. The match was better than expected, one of C4's better efforts in recent weeks, ending when Maverick made Washington submit to the Scorpion Deathlock at 5:46. [B]Winners, and still EPW World Tag Team Champions: C4 Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]8-Man Tag The Family & The Intercontinental Connection vs Jackie Poison, Hell Monkey, & The Animalz [/COLOR][/B] 8 men, five minutes, can you tell this is a thrown together match to put people who want more face time onto the show? Yeah. Not actively bad though, but the Animalz dominated, cleaning house on the heels and putting Lewis Starr away with The Maul at 4:47. The Animalz celebrated post-match, showing no fear of the Lords of War. [B] Winners: Animalz/Poison/Monkey Rating: C+ (match) B- (celebration) [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Scout Promo[/COLOR][/B] "I guess I should be happy," Scout said, the scowl on his face indicating he was anything but, "I was given exactly what I wanted, a match with C4 at Tradition Begins Anew. Two weeks away now. Two weeks until John Maverick sees who has the best submission hold in wrestling. Two weeks until that piece of garbage Greg Richardson, the son of a (censored) who outed me and Joanne in the first place, gets what's coming to him. Just two more weeks... problem is, I can't wait that long to dispense some pain. I'm getting impatient, and Marc Speed, that's bad news for you, my friend." [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Scout vs Marc Speed[/COLOR] [/B] The cycle of squashes was broken here, as Speed held his own against the multiple time Empire Champion. Speed did one hell of a job bumping like a pinball for Scout when it was his turn, though, and took a nasty superplex for a long two count. Marc tried to keep moving, but got brazen toward the end of the match and tried to get on the mat with Scout, which failed miserably, as he was tied up in knots and forced to submit to the Special Forces Armbar, time of match being 9:52. [B]Winner: Scout Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Mean Jean Cattley gets on mic[/COLOR][/B] "Folks, the day of reckoning is almost upon us. Steve Flash and Nemesis in a cage, Scout goin' after The Swami once and for all, The Lords of War and The Animalz... I can't believe how big'uva show we got coming up, and Art Reed, you and me are a big, big part of the festivities my friend. But tonight! Tonight is about another one of the Swami's boys, Mr. Jimmy Cox, the man from Boston who thinks he's from Tokyo, and Jimmy, baby, you're one hell of a wrestler, but you ain't tough enough, you ain't good enough, and you sure as hell ain't mean enough for Jean Cattley!" [B]Rating: C [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Mean Jean Cattley vs Jimmy Cox[/COLOR] [/B] Mat Wrestling galore here, and good mat wrestling at that. Cattley pushed the pace early, chaining one move into another and keeping the tempo high in a neo-technical fashion. When Cox took control he went with a more traditional sense and kept it on the mat, softening Cattley's back as a way to set up for the (Insert Japanese City here) Crab. Unfortunately, Cox never got a chance to slap on the crab, as Cattley elbowed out of a snap mare attempt and hit the Mood Swing for a clean pinfall at 11:53. [B]Winner: Mean Jean Cattley Rating: B- Overall: B- [I]Up Next: It's Showdown, where C4 will defend their World Tag Team Titles against The Knights of the Squared Circle, Roland Hall & Hell Monkey face Nemesis & Robert Oxford, and Steve Flash returns to the ring to defend his EPW World Championship against his former partner, Jimmy Cox.[/I][/B]

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW: Showdown Seen across the U.S. and Canada on The Pop! Network Crowd: 5,000 (sellout) Viewership: 98,326 Champagne Lover vs Arnold Jarrett [/COLOR][/B] Short, but intense matchup here, with Champagne Lover struggling early with AJ's hybrid offense, but winning out in the end, putting Jarrett away with a Tornado DDT at 5:36 [B]Winner: Champagne Lover Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Champagne Lover walked to the announce table[/COLOR][/B] "You see that? You see what happens when a man like Champagne Lover plays at the kiddie table? People get hurt, people get beat. Mitch Naess, do you know how embarrassing it is to have to fight someone so beeneeth you? Of course not! You've never been in a fight in your life. I need some competition, someone, anyone, any time!" [B]Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Esiaku Hoshino & Frankie Perez vs The Lords of War[/COLOR] [/B] This one was kept short because once you get to the age of the lords, you can't do any sort of physical activity for longer than five minutes without coming to a screeching halt -- and if you think this is bad for me, rember it's got to be hell on Mrs. Pain & Agony. Standard big guy vs little guy match, ending when Jimmy Cox and Havoc jumped Hoshino and Perez, respectively, leading to a DQ at 4:42. [B]Winners by DQ: Frankie Perez & Esiaku Hoshino Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Scout & Joanne Rodriguez vs Unstable[/COLOR][/B] Nevada and The Insane Heat reunite for this one, a tuneup for Scout and the other half as they ready themselves for their shot at C4. Fairly decent match, ending with a J-Rocker for the pinfall at 6:56. [B]Winners: Scout & JRo Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] The Swami was out to congratuate Scout[/COLOR][/B] "Good work by the happy couple," The Swami said, his voice dripping sarcasm, "but it won't be good enough to beat the most cohesive, most dominant unit in all of wrestling. Watch, learn, and maybe you won't embarass yourselves too much. So, without further adieu, I give to you all John Maverick and Greg Richardson, the greatest tag team in all the land: C4! [B]Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW World Tag Team Titles The Knights of the Squared Circle vs C4(c) [/COLOR][/B] Solid tag bout, especially early, when Squire Flemmy and John Maverick traded submission holds, but it lagged it bit when the still green Greg Richardson spent too long of a stretch in against Flemmy Morton, cutting the ring in half, until the inevitable hot tag to Valiant Gibson, who cleaned house. Still, Swami tripped Val up, leading to a Scorpion Deathlock from Maverick. That looked like the end until Scout ran in, getting the attention of Richardson, Swami, and Maverick, who unwisely relinquished the Scorpion, leading to Valiant rolling him up for the upset win and the titles at 9:36. Mitch Naess noted that Scout just proved he really didn't care about the tag team titles, and this was definitely personal. [B]Winners, and [I]new[/I] EPW World Tag Team Champions: Knights of the Squared Circle Rating: C+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Nemesis Promo[/COLOR][/B] Nemesis lamented that perception really is reality, that for the week that he was walking around, toting the belt, calling himself champion, he was treated as such -- given main event matches, treated like a threat. Steve Flash comes in, steals back the belt -- which still belonged to Nemesis, as far as he was concerned -- and now he's in the main event. "Fine," Nemesis remarked "But in two weeks time, that belt will be mine, undisputed, and perception will be reality." [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Roland Hall & Hell Monkey vs Nemesis & Robert Oxford [/COLOR][/B] Decent action throughout, as Hall and Nemesis are always a very good pairing, with a nice supporting cast here. The finish came at 7:44, where Nemesis absorbed some of Hell Monkey's patented kicks, drove a knee to the sternum, then planted Satan's Simian in the mat with the Nemesis Arrow for a clean pinfall. [B]Winners: Nemesis & Oxford Rating: B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Esiaku Hoshino Promo[/COLOR][/B] This was a sit down, conducted earlier, with Hoshi, clad in street clothes, in what looked like a hotel room. "I respected Jimmy Cox. I've seen his work in Japan for Furusawa-san, he was a gaijin, a foreigner, but he was respected and treated like one of our own. I came to America and I saw Jimmy disgracing my home, but I kept quiet out of respect. But Jimmy, I'll be quiet no more. You've disrespected me, you've disrespected my home, and now you must face the consequences." [B]Rating: C [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW World Title Jimmy Cox vs Steve Flash (c) [/COLOR][/B] Decent match, but these two have had better -- much better, most notably their ladder match at February's Love and War pay-per-view, but this was still very good. Swami, as is always the case when one of his army wrestles, was involved heavily, but couldn't stop the Flash of Brilliance from ending this one at the 13:47 mark, with Nemesis and Hoshino sitting on the sidelines in a clean match. [B] Winner, and still EPW World Champion: Steve Flash Rating: B+ Overall: B+[/B] Big News coming out of New England, as Hell's Bouncer, 23 years of age, won the SWF World Title from Eric Eisen, putting him atop the wrestling world. The match was nothing better than ok, but the same can be said for the rest of the Times of Trouble Pay-Per-View, where the only match that'd be classified as very good (B+ or better) was a tag showdown between High Concept and the team of Steve Frehley & Squeeky McClean. Over 380,000 people bought the PPV though, so they must be doing something right. TCW, however, is still the most popular promotion in America, though, and have been riding high since May with Cornell back as World Champion for the first time in two years [B][I]Coming up: We're live from New York, and we'll have a great main event, when Art Reed faces Big Cat Brandon. Havoc is in action as well, taking on the man who broke his arm, Scout.[/I][/B]

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW: Showdown Seen across the U.S. and Canada on The Pop! Network Crowd: 5,000 (sellout) Viewership: 98,326 Champagne Lover vs Arnold Jarrett [/COLOR][/B] Short, but intense matchup here, with Champagne Lover struggling early with AJ's hybrid offense, but winning out in the end, putting Jarrett away with a Tornado DDT at 5:36 [B]Winner: Champagne Lover Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Champagne Lover walked to the announce table[/COLOR][/B] "You see that? You see what happens when a man like Champagne Lover plays at the kiddie table? People get hurt, people get beat. Mitch Naess, do you know how embarrassing it is to have to fight someone so beeneeth you? Of course not! You've never been in a fight in your life. I need some competition, someone, anyone, any time!" [B]Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Esiaku Hoshino & Frankie Perez vs The Lords of War[/COLOR] [/B] This one was kept short because once you get to the age of the lords, you can't do any sort of physical activity for longer than five minutes without coming to a screeching halt -- and if you think this is bad for me, rember it's got to be hell on Mrs. Pain & Agony. Standard big guy vs little guy match, ending when Jimmy Cox and Havoc jumped Hoshino and Perez, respectively, leading to a DQ at 4:42. [B]Winners by DQ: Frankie Perez & Esiaku Hoshino Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Scout & Joanne Rodriguez vs Unstable[/COLOR][/B] Nevada and The Insane Heat reunite for this one, a tuneup for Scout and the other half as they ready themselves for their shot at C4. Fairly decent match, ending with a J-Rocker for the pinfall at 6:56. [B]Winners: Scout & JRo Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] The Swami was out to congratuate Scout[/COLOR][/B] "Good work by the happy couple," The Swami said, his voice dripping sarcasm, "but it won't be good enough to beat the most cohesive, most dominant unit in all of wrestling. Watch, learn, and maybe you won't embarass yourselves too much. So, without further adieu, I give to you all John Maverick and Greg Richardson, the greatest tag team in all the land: C4! [B]Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW World Tag Team Titles The Knights of the Squared Circle vs C4(c) [/COLOR][/B] Solid tag bout, especially early, when Squire Flemmy and John Maverick traded submission holds, but it lagged it bit when the still green Greg Richardson spent too long of a stretch in against Flemmy Morton, cutting the ring in half, until the inevitable hot tag to Valiant Gibson, who cleaned house. Still, Swami tripped Val up, leading to a Scorpion Deathlock from Maverick. That looked like the end until Scout ran in, getting the attention of Richardson, Swami, and Maverick, who unwisely relinquished the Scorpion, leading to Valiant rolling him up for the upset win and the titles at 9:36. Mitch Naess noted that Scout just proved he really didn't care about the tag team titles, and this was definitely personal. [B]Winners, and [I]new[/I] EPW World Tag Team Champions: Knights of the Squared Circle Rating: C+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Nemesis Promo[/COLOR][/B] Nemesis lamented that perception really is reality, that for the week that he was walking around, toting the belt, calling himself champion, he was treated as such -- given main event matches, treated like a threat. Steve Flash comes in, steals back the belt -- which still belonged to Nemesis, as far as he was concerned -- and now he's in the main event. "Fine," Nemesis remarked "But in two weeks time, that belt will be mine, undisputed, and perception will be reality." [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Roland Hall & Hell Monkey vs Nemesis & Robert Oxford [/COLOR][/B] Decent action throughout, as Hall and Nemesis are always a very good pairing, with a nice supporting cast here. The finish came at 7:44, where Nemesis absorbed some of Hell Monkey's patented kicks, drove a knee to the sternum, then planted Satan's Simian in the mat with the Nemesis Arrow for a clean pinfall. [B]Winners: Nemesis & Oxford Rating: B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Esiaku Hoshino Promo[/COLOR][/B] This was a sit down, conducted earlier, with Hoshi, clad in street clothes, in what looked like a hotel room. "I respected Jimmy Cox. I've seen his work in Japan for Furusawa-san, he was a gaijin, a foreigner, but he was respected and treated like one of our own. I came to America and I saw Jimmy disgracing my home, but I kept quiet out of respect. But Jimmy, I'll be quiet no more. You've disrespected me, you've disrespected my home, and now you must face the consequences." [B]Rating: C [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW World Title Jimmy Cox vs Steve Flash (c) [/COLOR][/B] Decent match, but these two have had better -- much better, most notably their ladder match at February's Love and War pay-per-view, but this was still very good. Swami, as is always the case when one of his army wrestles, was involved heavily, but couldn't stop the Flash of Brilliance from ending this one at the 13:47 mark, with Nemesis and Hoshino sitting on the sidelines in a clean match. [B] Winner, and still EPW World Champion: Steve Flash Rating: B+ Overall: B+[/B] Big News coming out of New England, as Hell's Bouncer, 23 years of age, won the SWF World Title from Eric Eisen, putting him atop the wrestling world. The match was nothing better than ok, but the same can be said for the rest of the Times of Trouble Pay-Per-View, where the only match that'd be classified as very good (B+ or better) was a tag showdown between High Concept and the team of Steve Frehley & Squeeky McClean. Over 380,000 people bought the PPV though, so they must be doing something right. TCW, however, is still the most popular promotion in America, though, and have been riding high since May with Cornell back as World Champion for the first time in two years [B][I]Coming up: We're live from New York, and we'll have a great main event, when Art Reed faces Big Cat Brandon. Havoc is in action as well, taking on the man who broke his arm, Scout.[/I][/B]

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][B]Week 3, June 2009[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW: Live From New York Seen across the U.S. and Canada on National Pride TV Crowd: 6688 Viewers: 123594[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Champagne Lover started the show[/COLOR][/B] Saying that if the EPW management wouldn't put him in matches against the top contenders, he'd take on anyone -- better yet, he'd take on two of the lower carders looking for their big break. "This ees your chance to dance with the Champagne Lover, and if you want to take it, prepare to have your feet stepped on." All right... [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Ace Youngblood vs Champagne Lover vs Tony The Tank[/COLOR] [/B] Decent match, as this mini angle with Champagne vs the undercard has multiple purposes -- getting them some face time, seeing how they do against a big part of the roster, and training them up against arguably the best worker on the roster, Champagne. Still, Lover is the star here, and is treated as such, going over The Tank clean with the Champagne Breakfast submisison at 6:05 [B]Winner: Champagne Lover Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Champagne's back on the mic.[/COLOR][/B] "You see that? Another example of the dominance, of the sheer grace, the beauty of Champagne Lover. No man can stop it, no two men can withhold it, so it's time for these boys to go back down to the tag teams where they belong." That comment brought out Gregory Gibson, taking exception to the comment. Gibson said that since Champagne is issuing these open challenges, he'll take him up at Tradition Begins Anew. [B]Rating: C+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Robert Oxford & Barry Kingman vs G-Squared (Gregory Gibson & Dickie Gellar)[/COLOR] [/B] With Champagne Lover taking Gellar's spot on commentary, running down Gibson most of the time, we had a solid tag encounter between the veterans and the young guns. It was Gibson's turn to shine here, rolling up Kingman with a small package, leading to the mild upset win at 6:34. [B]Winners: G-Squared Rating: C+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Scout vs Havoc[/COLOR] [/B] Mitch and Dickie made note that it was Scout that caused Terry Agony's arm injury, which in turn catalyzed his metamorphosis into Havoc. Very good brawl at the start, with Scout eventually taking over and making it more of a wrestling match, leading to a pinfall at 8:42 with Danger Ahead. [B]Winner: Scout Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Backstage....[/COLOR][/B] Barry Kingman is apologizing to Robert Oxford. "C'mon Ox, we've been down this road before. We're in a slump, we'll work through it." Oxford just nodded, at the same time shoving Kingman hard into a locker. Kingman tried to fight back, but was jumped by Alex Braun, who joined up with Oxford for a beatdown. [B]Rating: C+ [I]Barry Kingman's face turn was a complete success[/I] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Big Cat Brandon vs Art Reed [/COLOR][/B] The main event here was a solid one, between two veterans who can always be relied on to put on a good match, especially when paired up together. Reed played it careful here, going at Brandon methodically, trying to avoid power moves, which he would inevitably be hit with. Trickery and good old heeling ended this one, thanks to interference from both Lords of War, allowing Reed to hit the Art Attack for the pin at 9:56. Afterward, Brandon was jumped by Pain and Agony, leading to The Wolverine hitting the ring and clearing house with a chair. [B]Winner: Art Reed Rating: A (Match) B+ (Attack) Overall: B+[/B] [B][I]Coming up: Showdown is on tap, with the Knights of the Squared Circle making their first title defense, Danny Jacobs putting the Tri-State Title on the line against dual sport superstar Roland Hall, Nemesis teaming up with Havoc to face Mean Jean Cattley and Frankie Perez, and a big main event featuring a rematch from The Empire Strikes Back, which'll see Scout facing Art Reed in a battle of the former and current DAVE unified champions, respectively. [/I][/B]

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][B]Week 3, June 2009[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW: Live From New York Seen across the U.S. and Canada on National Pride TV Crowd: 6688 Viewers: 123594[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Champagne Lover started the show[/COLOR][/B] Saying that if the EPW management wouldn't put him in matches against the top contenders, he'd take on anyone -- better yet, he'd take on two of the lower carders looking for their big break. "This ees your chance to dance with the Champagne Lover, and if you want to take it, prepare to have your feet stepped on." All right... [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Ace Youngblood vs Champagne Lover vs Tony The Tank[/COLOR] [/B] Decent match, as this mini angle with Champagne vs the undercard has multiple purposes -- getting them some face time, seeing how they do against a big part of the roster, and training them up against arguably the best worker on the roster, Champagne. Still, Lover is the star here, and is treated as such, going over The Tank clean with the Champagne Breakfast submisison at 6:05 [B]Winner: Champagne Lover Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Champagne's back on the mic.[/COLOR][/B] "You see that? Another example of the dominance, of the sheer grace, the beauty of Champagne Lover. No man can stop it, no two men can withhold it, so it's time for these boys to go back down to the tag teams where they belong." That comment brought out Gregory Gibson, taking exception to the comment. Gibson said that since Champagne is issuing these open challenges, he'll take him up at Tradition Begins Anew. [B]Rating: C+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Robert Oxford & Barry Kingman vs G-Squared (Gregory Gibson & Dickie Gellar)[/COLOR] [/B] With Champagne Lover taking Gellar's spot on commentary, running down Gibson most of the time, we had a solid tag encounter between the veterans and the young guns. It was Gibson's turn to shine here, rolling up Kingman with a small package, leading to the mild upset win at 6:34. [B]Winners: G-Squared Rating: C+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Scout vs Havoc[/COLOR] [/B] Mitch and Dickie made note that it was Scout that caused Terry Agony's arm injury, which in turn catalyzed his metamorphosis into Havoc. Very good brawl at the start, with Scout eventually taking over and making it more of a wrestling match, leading to a pinfall at 8:42 with Danger Ahead. [B]Winner: Scout Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Backstage....[/COLOR][/B] Barry Kingman is apologizing to Robert Oxford. "C'mon Ox, we've been down this road before. We're in a slump, we'll work through it." Oxford just nodded, at the same time shoving Kingman hard into a locker. Kingman tried to fight back, but was jumped by Alex Braun, who joined up with Oxford for a beatdown. [B]Rating: C+ [I]Barry Kingman's face turn was a complete success[/I] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Big Cat Brandon vs Art Reed [/COLOR][/B] The main event here was a solid one, between two veterans who can always be relied on to put on a good match, especially when paired up together. Reed played it careful here, going at Brandon methodically, trying to avoid power moves, which he would inevitably be hit with. Trickery and good old heeling ended this one, thanks to interference from both Lords of War, allowing Reed to hit the Art Attack for the pin at 9:56. Afterward, Brandon was jumped by Pain and Agony, leading to The Wolverine hitting the ring and clearing house with a chair. [B]Winner: Art Reed Rating: A (Match) B+ (Attack) Overall: B+[/B] [B][I]Coming up: Showdown is on tap, with the Knights of the Squared Circle making their first title defense, Danny Jacobs putting the Tri-State Title on the line against dual sport superstar Roland Hall, Nemesis teaming up with Havoc to face Mean Jean Cattley and Frankie Perez, and a big main event featuring a rematch from The Empire Strikes Back, which'll see Scout facing Art Reed in a battle of the former and current DAVE unified champions, respectively. [/I][/B]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]EPW: Showdown Seen across the U.S. and Canada on The Pop! Network Crowd: 6688 Viewers: 121184[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Danny Jacobs was in-ring to start the show[/COLOR][/B] DJ had the Tri-State title clasped around his waist, and started off admiring the gold before boasting about how he had Roland Hall's number. Jacobs told everyone in attendance tonight that this match would be a replay of the tag team match from two weeks ago, ending with him putting Hall's shoulders down for the three count. [B]Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW World Tag Team Titles Intercontinental Connection vs Knights of the Squared Circle (c)[/COLOR] [/B] A nice tune-up for the champions here, as they didn't struggle too much with the young Connection, whose best days are still a little way off. Nice matwork here, especially between Squire Flemmy & Bryan Bruce, who happened to be the pair that finished off the match, when Bruce found himself caught in the Medieval Torture Device submission, a modified Cross Armlock, the time of match was 5:58 [B]Winners, and still EPW World Tag Team Champions: Knights of the Squared Circle Rating: C+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Post-Match, Nevada Nuclear appeared on stage[/COLOR][/B] "Valiant, you're a hero right? Flemmy, you're a hero too?" The champs stared at EPW's resident nutcase, baffled. "SAVE MEEEEEE!!!! SAVE ME PLEASEEEEE!!!!" Nevada wailed. Valiant took the mic, inquiring on just how they could save him. "We neeed gollddddddddddd, we need your golddd," Nuclear replied. "Give a title shot to Unssssssssstable.... or we'll have to hurt you, we'll have to hurt everyone... we may even have to hurt oursssselvessss." Valiant insisted that the Knights wouldn't back down from a challenge, and granted Nuclear his shot." [B]Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW Tri-State Title Roland Hall vs Danny Jacobs (c) [/COLOR][/B] Classic strength vs skill setup here, and strength dominated from the opening bell, with Jacobs being thrown around for all he was worth, begging off and playing the old-school heel champion. Jacobs just couldn't get anything started, and was on the wrong end of a virtual squash before taking a breather, which progressed into a full-out run to the back. Hall gave chase, leading to a double countout at 6:33. [B]Result: Double Countout Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] John Maverick vs Joanne Rodriguez [/COLOR][/B] Terrific match here, as Joanne returned sans facemask, the announcers stating that whatever scarring was present was not permanent, and JRo had been given a clean bill of health. This match exceeded any expectations set for it, and was really nothing short of incredible overall. This match was the set Maverick up as a legit threat, and he definitely looked the part, submitting Rodriguez cleanly with his "Deadly Silence" choke sleeper submission at 7:41. [B] Winner: John Maverick Rating: A [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]The Swami was out[/COLOR][/B] And he was talking about Mean Jean Cattley, "the most bearable of my adversaries, because Jean, you're the only one who has been able to admit to the world that he's jealous of my army. You're jealous that since I came into EPW, my guys -- Art Reed, Jimmy Cox, and C4, have thrived while you had to make a big stunt out of attacking Art to get attention. Well, Mr. Cattley, you have Art Reed's attention, and soon enough, you're going to wish you never had it." Rating: B Nevada Nuclear vs Mean Jean Cattley Nevada has stalled in the months following his monumental victory over Scout. He was fast-tracked for a program with Steve Flash, but that pairing didn't work out, so the planned program with Nemesis was pushed up a month. So-so match here, good for most people, but Cattley has done much, much better. MJC got the victory here, planting Nevada with the Mood Swing and scoring a three at 7:44 [B] Winner: Mean Jean Cattley Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Nemesis and Havoc have words for their opponents[/COLOR][/B] "My life has been nothing but a procession of chaos and suffering. I've been born and bred to savor the unsavorable, to relish in sorrow." Of course, it was Havoc talking, but Nemesis walked into the shot. "And that makes you perfect for this God forsaken line of work, kid. Because, you see, you have to be a little crazy to be in this line of work. If you want to be really good at it, you have to be more than a little bit crazy. Steve, Frankie, that's where you'll find your downfall -- the two of you both, you're good guys. " [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Rating: B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Nemesis & Havoc vs Steve Flash & Frankie Perez[/COLOR][/COLOR] Flash and Perez are amazing technicians, but can also brawl, and that's what they did here in a wild one. The heels took control early, establishing a more methodical pace with hard hitting strikes and power moves, but the energetic faces rallied late, using a combination of dizzying mat work some aerial expertise to finish off the opposition, with Flash putting Havoc down with his Flash of Brilliance at 9:28. [B] Winners: Flash & Perez Rating: B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Scout promo[/COLOR][/B] "I've never been one to back down from a fight, as most of you know," Scout stated. "So I have to respect the fact that Art Reed wants another piece of me, because he did get burned at the pay-per-view, he did get the shaft from Cattley. He can call that a b.s. decision, I call it poetic justice, but no matter what you call it, it doesn't change the fact that Jean has left the building already, and tonight Art, is your chance to show what you can do: no excuses." [B]Rating: A [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Art Reed vs Scout [/COLOR][/B] For two guys who don't really click, Art and Scout really put on some stellar matches every time they're put together, going all the way back to Scout's first big program as NYCW Empire Champion and their 30 and 45 minute draws. This one didn't go quite that long, as things got wild after a little while, and once chairs got involved, referee Jez McArthur had no choice but to call for a Double DQ at 13:33. [B]Result: Double DQ Rating: A OVR: B+ [I]Up Next: With a week to go before Tradition Begins Anew, The Lords of War are in action, as are The Animalz, Future Shock, and more in a night of tag team matches, including the main event, where two of the greatest champions in the history of the company, Scout and Mean Jean Cattley, team up to square off against Champagne Lover and John Maverick. [/I][/B]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]EPW: Showdown Seen across the U.S. and Canada on The Pop! Network Crowd: 6688 Viewers: 121184[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Danny Jacobs was in-ring to start the show[/COLOR][/B] DJ had the Tri-State title clasped around his waist, and started off admiring the gold before boasting about how he had Roland Hall's number. Jacobs told everyone in attendance tonight that this match would be a replay of the tag team match from two weeks ago, ending with him putting Hall's shoulders down for the three count. [B]Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW World Tag Team Titles Intercontinental Connection vs Knights of the Squared Circle (c)[/COLOR] [/B] A nice tune-up for the champions here, as they didn't struggle too much with the young Connection, whose best days are still a little way off. Nice matwork here, especially between Squire Flemmy & Bryan Bruce, who happened to be the pair that finished off the match, when Bruce found himself caught in the Medieval Torture Device submission, a modified Cross Armlock, the time of match was 5:58 [B]Winners, and still EPW World Tag Team Champions: Knights of the Squared Circle Rating: C+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Post-Match, Nevada Nuclear appeared on stage[/COLOR][/B] "Valiant, you're a hero right? Flemmy, you're a hero too?" The champs stared at EPW's resident nutcase, baffled. "SAVE MEEEEEE!!!! SAVE ME PLEASEEEEE!!!!" Nevada wailed. Valiant took the mic, inquiring on just how they could save him. "We neeed gollddddddddddd, we need your golddd," Nuclear replied. "Give a title shot to Unssssssssstable.... or we'll have to hurt you, we'll have to hurt everyone... we may even have to hurt oursssselvessss." Valiant insisted that the Knights wouldn't back down from a challenge, and granted Nuclear his shot." [B]Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EPW Tri-State Title Roland Hall vs Danny Jacobs (c) [/COLOR][/B] Classic strength vs skill setup here, and strength dominated from the opening bell, with Jacobs being thrown around for all he was worth, begging off and playing the old-school heel champion. Jacobs just couldn't get anything started, and was on the wrong end of a virtual squash before taking a breather, which progressed into a full-out run to the back. Hall gave chase, leading to a double countout at 6:33. [B]Result: Double Countout Rating: B- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] John Maverick vs Joanne Rodriguez [/COLOR][/B] Terrific match here, as Joanne returned sans facemask, the announcers stating that whatever scarring was present was not permanent, and JRo had been given a clean bill of health. This match exceeded any expectations set for it, and was really nothing short of incredible overall. This match was the set Maverick up as a legit threat, and he definitely looked the part, submitting Rodriguez cleanly with his "Deadly Silence" choke sleeper submission at 7:41. [B] Winner: John Maverick Rating: A [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]The Swami was out[/COLOR][/B] And he was talking about Mean Jean Cattley, "the most bearable of my adversaries, because Jean, you're the only one who has been able to admit to the world that he's jealous of my army. You're jealous that since I came into EPW, my guys -- Art Reed, Jimmy Cox, and C4, have thrived while you had to make a big stunt out of attacking Art to get attention. Well, Mr. Cattley, you have Art Reed's attention, and soon enough, you're going to wish you never had it." Rating: B Nevada Nuclear vs Mean Jean Cattley Nevada has stalled in the months following his monumental victory over Scout. He was fast-tracked for a program with Steve Flash, but that pairing didn't work out, so the planned program with Nemesis was pushed up a month. So-so match here, good for most people, but Cattley has done much, much better. MJC got the victory here, planting Nevada with the Mood Swing and scoring a three at 7:44 [B] Winner: Mean Jean Cattley Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Nemesis and Havoc have words for their opponents[/COLOR][/B] "My life has been nothing but a procession of chaos and suffering. I've been born and bred to savor the unsavorable, to relish in sorrow." Of course, it was Havoc talking, but Nemesis walked into the shot. "And that makes you perfect for this God forsaken line of work, kid. Because, you see, you have to be a little crazy to be in this line of work. If you want to be really good at it, you have to be more than a little bit crazy. Steve, Frankie, that's where you'll find your downfall -- the two of you both, you're good guys. " [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Rating: B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Nemesis & Havoc vs Steve Flash & Frankie Perez[/COLOR][/COLOR] Flash and Perez are amazing technicians, but can also brawl, and that's what they did here in a wild one. The heels took control early, establishing a more methodical pace with hard hitting strikes and power moves, but the energetic faces rallied late, using a combination of dizzying mat work some aerial expertise to finish off the opposition, with Flash putting Havoc down with his Flash of Brilliance at 9:28. [B] Winners: Flash & Perez Rating: B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Scout promo[/COLOR][/B] "I've never been one to back down from a fight, as most of you know," Scout stated. "So I have to respect the fact that Art Reed wants another piece of me, because he did get burned at the pay-per-view, he did get the shaft from Cattley. He can call that a b.s. decision, I call it poetic justice, but no matter what you call it, it doesn't change the fact that Jean has left the building already, and tonight Art, is your chance to show what you can do: no excuses." [B]Rating: A [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Art Reed vs Scout [/COLOR][/B] For two guys who don't really click, Art and Scout really put on some stellar matches every time they're put together, going all the way back to Scout's first big program as NYCW Empire Champion and their 30 and 45 minute draws. This one didn't go quite that long, as things got wild after a little while, and once chairs got involved, referee Jez McArthur had no choice but to call for a Double DQ at 13:33. [B]Result: Double DQ Rating: A OVR: B+ [I]Up Next: With a week to go before Tradition Begins Anew, The Lords of War are in action, as are The Animalz, Future Shock, and more in a night of tag team matches, including the main event, where two of the greatest champions in the history of the company, Scout and Mean Jean Cattley, team up to square off against Champagne Lover and John Maverick. [/I][/B]

Archived