CGC: Dawn of DeColt Country [CVerse 1997]

CGC Tag Team Title Match: Eddie Chandler & Johnny Maverick vs Soldiers of Fortune (c)
Chandler & Maverick still have some learning to do
Land Mass & Mammoth vs The Flock (Black Sheep & Battering Lamb)
I'm guessing Battering Lamb is still in the dog house, so he can take the fall here
Rocky Psycho vs Vigilante Hawk
Rocky Psycho's aggression to cost him again here

image.png

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "The School of Tradition want Eddie Chandler and Johnny Maverick punished, and they're going to use the CGC Tag Team Champions to do it. We- Hold on a second. It's seems like there's some kind of commotion in the parking lot."

image.jpeg

PARKING LOT

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

JULIE FORLETTA is with ROGER ROGERS, who is wearing a "Justice for Barry" t-shirt and has a "Say No To Suspensions" sign bolted to his wheelchair. 

JULIA FORLETTA
Sorry, Jerome. False alarm. No commotion here. Just 
Roger Rogers and-

ROGER ROGERS
How dare you! This is a protest! An honest, family man has been 
unfairly punished and we demand justice! Barry's Bowen's suspension
 is unjust, unfair, and we will not stand for it any longer!

Julie looks around. The only other person nearby is JON JETSON, who doesn't look particularly thrilled to be taking part. 

JULIE FORLETTA
"We"?

ROGER ROGERS
Laugh all you want. My message will reach the people, and soon 
this place will be swarming with angry wrestling fans, just as eager 
for justice as I am. And we're going to stay here until the CGC
 Matchmaking Committee bow down to our demands and roll
 out the red carpet for the Runaway Train!

image.jpeg

FRANKIE FLAME VS ALEX DECOLT

Jerome Turner "Eric Tyler's Students will take on Team George DeColt at 'In the Company of Legends'."

Alex struts his stuff until Frank follows the Eric Tyler playbook with a handful of hair. Frank assaults all five senses. Hits hard. Smells bad. Looks bad. Talks trash. Alex doesn't want to find out how he tastes. Powerful Punches! Pretty Powerslam! Smooth Driving Elbow! Frank goes for the hair but Alex responds with an Iron Claw, driving his opponent to his knees for extra torque! Frank taps! 

ALEX DECOLT WINS (5:33)

image.jpeg

Alex barely gets a moment to celebrate before DAN DALAY hits the ring and attacks! The two rivals are at each other's throats, throwing hands with reckless abandon as Security rush in to try to separate them. 

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

JULIE FORLETTA is back indoors, standing by with GEORGE DECOLT and ERIC TYLER. 

GEORGE DECOLT
Is that what you're teaching your students, Tyler?
To attack people from behind?

ERIC TYLER
Daniel was simply overcome with school spirit. Besides, you're 
one to talk with the stunt your boy just pulled. I counted three 
separate instances of hair pulling in that match alone!

GEORGE DECOLT
Your student doesn't have any hair. 

ERIC TYLER
Exactly! A regulation haircut. Alex's hair is in clear violation of 
Rule 73.2-c of the British Columbia Rules and Regulations circa
 1942. He was asking for it.

GEORGE DECOLT
Those rules are as outdated as your teaching methods. My boy
won tonight, fair and square, just like my team is going to win
at 'In the Company of Legends'.

ERIC TYLER
This was a fluke. Nothing more. I'll have the last laugh later on, when 
my Soldiers defend their tag belts against your two new pets. Those 
miserable rejects Eddie Chandler and Hollywood Johnny. My Soldiers
 will teach them discipline and respect. Just like I taught them. 

GEORGE DECOLT
You can't take credit for your hired guns. You didn't teach them a damn
 thing except how to cash a dodgy cheque. They won't be able to help 
you at 'In the Company of Legends', and I think they'll be in for a 
surprise tonight.

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Last night CGC were back in Kamloops, for some more exciting action."

BIFF THE BRUISER pins BOB CASEY after a Lariat, and runs away when Referee Francis Long tries to give him back his Poor Widdle Baby title belt. 

NELSON BLAIS shoots TEMPEST APPLEBY out of the sky with the Anti Air Missile (Dropkick to Flying Opponent) as Condor watches him like a hawk from ringside. 

image.jpeg

/w Wolfgang Zimmerman ROCKY PSYCHO VS VIGILANTE HAWK
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.png

Jerome Turner "A veteran wrestler with ties to Howling Dog's tribe, Hawk wants to reclaim the magical tomahawk that Rocky stole."

All smiles, Rocky shows off elegant arm drags and fancy head scissors, before mocking Hawk with a culturally inappropriate war dance. Hawk replies with a brutal headbutt. Rocky Psycho snaps and launches himself at his opponent with wild punches and kicks, but Hawk responds in kind! They brawl wildly inside and outside of the ring, overturning furniture, until Rocky dodges a Top Rope Tomahawk Chop and hits the Slice of Life (Spinning Headlock Elbow Drop) for the pin. 

ROCKY PSYCHO WINS (5:58)

Rocky is done, but Wolfgang isn't. He climbs into the ring and starts ragdolling Hawk with a violent bear hug, as Rocky taunts him, disrespecting the tomahawk by threatening to stomp on it.

image.jpeg

HOWLING DOG sprints into the ring with a choice to make. Save his tribesman, or get the tomahawk. He chooses to save Hawk, attacking Wolfgang with chops and a sky high spinebuster. Rocky takes his chance to flee, but Dog is hot on his heels, tackling him at the entrance curtain. Security try to split it up and out comes...

image.jpeg

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS
Break it up! Rocky! You may have convinced the Matchmaking
 Committee that you can just refuse any match you don't want
 to take, but at 'In the Company of Legends' I get to make the 
matches. Anything I want to see. And I really want to see you
two settle the score. Rocky Psycho vs Howling Dog. Winner
gets the tomahawk. 

image.jpeg

PARKING LOT

The protest continues. ROGER ROGERS has been joined by what appears to be an army of Homeless People, getting paid off by JON JETSON. STEVE DECOLT approaches, face still bandaged up, still without a date. Rogers immediately hides behind Jetson. 

ROGER ROGERS
What do you want? We have a right to be here! This is a peaceful
 protest and we have no problem using violence to keep it that way.

Finally, Jetson looks excited about something.

STEVE DECOLT
You've got it wrong, Rogers. I'm not here to stop you. I'm 
here to join you. I want this suspension lifted just as much as 
you do. There's nothing I want more than to see an 'honest', 
'family man' like Barry Bowen back here in CGC... so I can break
 every bone in his body. 

Steve takes a sign and joins the protest. 

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpeg

JOHN McCLEAN
I told you! I told you that I was better than Jack DeColt in every 
way, and I proved it last week. Even better, I proved it using 
Mr. Tyler's extra special super secret counter to the Iron Claw. 
I knew I was destined to be his greatest student, and now Mr. 
Tyler knows it too. I will lead my classmates into 'In The 
Company of Legends', flying the flag for good, clean, 
traditional wrestling, and we will show up the DeColts 
for the degenerate frauds that they are. 

image.jpeg

/w Helen Wheels
LAND MASS & MAMMOTH
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.png
THE FLOCK

Black Sheep & Battering Lamb

Battering Lamb tries to knock the big men off their feet with headbutts and mutton chops, but Black Sheep is distracted by Helen Wheels. Entranced. Captivated... by the CGC Bubbleweight Title around her waist. Black Sheep snaps out of it long enough to saves his partner from getting squished and squashed, using eye pokes and matador skills to ram them into each other, but Helen grabs his foot. Ten Ton Avalanche (Corner Splash)! 1... 2... 3.

LAND MASS & MAMMOTH WIN (6:24)

image.jpeg

PARKING LOT

The Protest continues. ROGER ROGERS is thrilled with the turnout, even if it's mostly paid homeless people and very few actual fans. JON JETSON watches STEVE DECOLT with suspicion. BIFF THE BRUISER has also joined, but his "I am not a baby" sign doesn't exactly match everything else. 

image.jpeg

GEORGE DECOLT appears, accompanied by several members of Security. 

ROGER ROGERS
Finally Management appear from their ivory tower to negotiate with  
the righteous masses. We demand justice! We demand... Is that pizza?

George has indeed brought pizza. And lots of it. The bulk of the protesters immediately abandon the cause in exchange for a hot meal.

GEORGE DECOLT
The CGC Matchmaking Committee will not be negotiating on this
 matter. Barry Bowen's suspension stands. And Steve, I expected 
better from you, son. 

image.jpeg

UPCOMING EVENTS

Saturday Week 1 June - CGC Live! Medicine Hat, Alberta
Sunday Week 1 June - Title Bout Wrestling in Calgary, Alberta
Saturday Week 2 June - CGC Live! Grande Prairie, Alberta
Friday Week 3 June - In the Company of Legends. Vancouver, British Columbia
Sunday Week 3 June - Title Bout Wrestling in Edmonton, Alberta
Sunday Week 1 July - Title Bout Wrestling in Langley, British Columbia

image.png

image.jpeg

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS
You never know when a tag team is going to click. Me and George
 weren't friends when we became the Calgary Wolverines. We were 
just two guys from Calgary who Ed Henson thought would work well
 together. He ended up being right. It was a winning partnership that 
has continued to this day, and together we've always been on the 
lookout for the next great wrestling tag team.

image.jpeg

CGC TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
  image.pngimage.png

/w George DeColt
EDDIE CHANDLER & JOHNNY MAVERICK
image.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
THE SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE
Chance & Fate
/w Eric Tyler

Jerome Turner "The last time these two teams faced, Chandler and Maverick came within a hair of a gigantic upset. That was their first match together. Has George DeColt taught them enough to make a difference?"

George DeColt gives instructions from ringside, coaching Eddie and Johnny keep it simple, play to their strengths, and stay out of the other's way. Eric Tyler tries to bark his own orders in response, but the Soldiers don't take kindly to that level of micromanagement. Chance brings Johnny behind enemy lines where he suffers a brutal Fate, and the Soldiers do exactly what they've been paid to do... until Tyler berates Fate for using a front facelock instead of a front chancery, and Chance has to physically restrain his partner. Tyler shuts up but Johnny makes the tag!

Eddie unleashes a spirited flurry of forearms and a fabulous dropkick. The Soldiers try to work together for some cohesive destruction, but Johnny's back to keep them separated. Armbar to Fate! Abdominal Stretch to Chance! Eddie and Johnny compete over who can make their Soldier tap first, and Eddie drives Chance to his knees to prevent him from powering free... 

On Tyler's command, FRANKIE FLAME, RASH REILLY and DAN DALAY rush to the ring. 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

...and here come the cavalry! ALEX DECOLT continues his brawl with DaLay, while JACK DECOLT pounces on Frank & Rash to stop them from interfering. Security and referee Francis Long jump in to restore order. 

With Security and the Referee distracted by the brawl, Eric Tyler grabs a Tag Team Title belt and tries to hit Eddie Chandler with it, but George shouts a warning, Eddie ducks, and Fate gets hit instead! George pulls Tyler out of the ring and here comes the referee! 1... 2... 3!

CHANDLER & MAVERICK WIN THE CGC TAG TEAM TITLES (11:16)

image.jpeg

PARKING LOT

The Protest is over. ROGER ROGERS and JON JETSON slink away, but STEVE DECOLT grabs the cameraman. 

STEVE DECOLT
You know what? The Matchmaking committee want me to
 play their game? Be their champion? Fine. I'll give them their 
precious Title Bouts. Next week. Calgary. How about a good old
 fashioned Stunning Steve Double Open Challenge! Any woman 
who thinks they can date me, and any man who thinks they can 
take me. 

Jon Jetson perks up and picks up a nearby pipe and-

image.jpeg

BIFF THE BRUSIER bashes Jetson out of the way and gets in Steve's bandaged face. 

BIFF THE BRUISER
You wanna fight? I'll give it to ya! Cuz I ain't no baby! I think we 
got our belts mixed up! You got my belt and I got yers! I'll trade
 ya! I'll bruise you up ev'n worse than Bowens did! Like a peach! 
Mmm! Juicy!

STEVE DECOLT
It's a date. 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

image.jpeg

SUNDAY WEEK 4 MAY 1997
Langley, British Columbia (753 in attendance)
Broadcast on Alberta on Air (3,462) and BCB (3,449). Combined Rating <0.01

• Protest Part 1   39
  • FRANKIE FLAME VS ALEX DECOLT  50
  • Julia interviews Eric Tyler & George DeColt   67
  • VIGILANTE HAWK VS ROCKY PSYCHO   51 
  • Whipper Makes A Match   36
  • Protest Part 2   49
  • John McClean Promo  48
  • LAND MASS & MAMMOTH VS THE FLOCK   6:24   38
  • Protest Part 3   54
  • Whipper Talks Tag Teams  47
  • CHANDLER & MAVERICK VS SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE   50   11:16
  • Steve DeColt Promo   70
  • FINAL RATING   57

I'm falling behind. Usually I have the shows written well before Saturday, but this week I still had four scenes left to write, and next week... I don't even know the full card yet. Other hobbies have been taking my interest (recently bought that Baldur's Gate 3) and it's always a struggle to get me to sit down to actually write words. Planning? Easy. Brainstorming? Always fun, especially when driving. Writing words? Ugh. I'm not saying a hiatus is coming, but don't be surprised if I take a month off after the next big show. Just to catch up and get good midcard stuff in all of the gaps. 

Don't get too used to Vigilante Hawk on the roster. He announced he was retiring a couple of months ago, so I brought him in for a quick cameo. I'd always vaguely planned to bring him in "eventually", but the years of indy deathmatches caught up with him. He managed to get Match of the Night here, so he probably would have made a good addition to the roster. 

Other roster news. Switchblade Mike, Xander Robinson and referee Andy Gordy are finishing up in the next couple of days. Mike and Xander deserve better than being perpetual job guys, and Gordy just lives too far away. Not worth the plane ticket when I have three local referees. 

In annoying news, there was an injury in the week between this show being taped and it airing. You'll find out who next week. It's annoying but not devastating. I wonder how I'll pivot. 

image.jpeg

CGC World Title Match: Biff the Bruiser vs Steve DeColt (c)
Nelson Blais vs Condor
Question: Who's right? Are the CGC Matchmaking Committee right for upholding the suspension on Barry Bowen? Or is Steve DeColt right for demanding a chance to get revenge? Who's the babyface to you? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nelson Blais vs Condor
Question: Who's right? Are the CGC Matchmaking Committee right for upholding the suspension on Barry Bowen? Or is Steve DeColt right for demanding a chance to get revenge?

Who's the babyface to you? Steve DeColt

Edited by Herrbear
  • Like 1

We already had our ludicrous upset for the decade, thank you.
Nelson Blais vs Condor
Question: Who's right? Are the CGC Matchmaking Committee right for upholding the suspension on Barry Bowen? Or is Steve DeColt right for demanding a chance to get revenge? Who's the babyface to you?
This is wrestling, do the wrestles ya pansies.

• Like 1

CGC World Title Match: Biff the Bruiser vs Steve DeColt (c)
I think Steve will win the match, but won't get the girl... Heel turn inbound?
Nelson Blais vs Condor
You mentioned Condor was surprisingly over, and Blais is more of a tag guy
The CGC Matchmaking Committee are in the right here. The matchmaking committee's motives are to protect the rest of the roster from a similar attack in the future, whereas Steve's are purely driven by his selfish thirst for revenge. I'm interested to see if this will be the catalyst for an (on screen) fall out between Steve/George and the start of Steve's 'Outsider' gimmick?

I'm also interested to see who the injury you mentioned is. Injuries are annoying, but sometimes being forced to pivot can force you into more creative solutions.

• Like 1

Nelson Blais vs Condor

I think you portray the mantra "two sides to every story" very well with the DeColts. Yes, all of them are face, but they are a family. They bicker and fight and disagree and this is just another aspect of that. Of course I want to see Stev v Bowen, but George is completely justified in his action with suspending Bowen.

image.png

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Tonight, just one month out from a horrific facial injury, Steve DeColt is stepping back into the ring. You have a commend him for his bravery, his dedication, and for being the bigger man and forgetting about getting revenge on Barry Bowen." 

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpegimage.jpeg

JULIE FORLETTA interviews STEVE DECOLT, still bandaged up.

STEVE DECOLT
It's a good old fashioned Stunning Steve double open challenge! 
Any man who thinks they can take me, and any woman who thinks
 they can date me. I'm not gonna lie. Since you-know-who did a
 number on my face the women haven't been lining up around the 
block to spend the night on my arm, but luckily I've found one CGC 
super fan willing to help me out and cheer me on from ringside. 
Introducing; Little Lisa!

image.jpeg

8-year old LITTLE LISA is decked out in DeColt merchandise from head to toe. She is thrilled. Her mother watches from the sidelines, trying not to appear on camera.

STEVE DECOLT
As for finding a man who thinks he can take this sweet, sweet belt
 from my sweet, sweet waist? That was a lot easier. There's blood
 in the water and I've got a biggest, ugliest shark I've ever seen
 swimming towards me. Don't let the silly belt fool you, Biff the 
Bruiser is no baby, but tonight me and Little Lisa Bowen are 
going to show him... Who Rule?

LITTLE LISA BOWEN
DeColts Rule!

STEVE DECOLT
Let's go get some ice cream!

Steve and Little Lisa head off. 

JULIE FORLETTA
... Lisa Bowen

image.jpeg

NELSON BLAIS VS CONDOR

Jerome Turner "Nelson Blais has been beating high flyers left and right, but Condor sees that as a challenge."

Arm Drags! Dropkicks! Running! Running! Running! Condor gets shot out of the sky with an Anti-Air Missile (Dropkick to Flying Opponent) but wisely manages to roll outside to avoid being pinned. Blais grounds his opponent with a military grade beatdown, until Condor fights back with karate kicks and judo throws. Condor tricks Blais into trying to shoot him out of the sky again, but it's a feint! Blais misses the dropkick and Condor hits Flight of the Condor (Splash) a moment after! 1... 2... 3! The steak is over!

CONDOR WINS (7:53)

image.jpeg

SCHOOL OF TRADITION CLASSROOM

image.jpeg  image.jpegimage.jpeg  image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

ERIC TYLER has brought CHANCE and FATE to the front of the class, watched by his students. 

ERIC TYLER
You have failed me. Last week you were supposed to put Chandler 
& Maverick in their place. You were supposed to teach them a 
lesson that every single impressionable youth could learn from... 
but you let yourself get distracted. Now those reprobates are walking 
around with your tag team titles. Now an entire generation of kids 
are going to believe that rebellion and loose morals are the way to 
success. Take a good look, Students. This is what failure looks like. 

FATE
Hey! You don't pay us enough to stand here and take this.

Tyler throws a handful of cash in his face. Fate gets mad, but Chance holds him back, and starts picking up the cash. 

ERIC TYLER
I don't just want to beat George DeColt's team at 'In the Company of 
Legends'. I want to destroy them. I want to make an example out of
 them. You want to keep cashing my cheques? Give me one less 
DeColt to worry about. 

image.jpeg

/w Chance FATE VS JACK DECOLT
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.png

Jerome Turner "Eric Tyler is confident that his Students can get the job done at 'In the Company of Legends'... but he still wants his hired thugs to soften up the enemy beforehand."

Jack's eager to be the best DeColt he can be, but Fate is big and strong and does exactly what he's been paid to do. Sort of. He attacks Jack's back, but doesn't seem particularly motivated to be doing it, despite Chance's encouragement. Jack takes him by surprise with some suplexes and a Can Do attitude. His back's in pain but he counters the Spinebuster into a roll up! 1... 2... 3! 

JACK DECOLT WINS (5:55)

Chance jumps Jack after the bell, getting a few more shots to the back in before Security get between them. Fate doesn't join in.

image.jpeg

SECURITY CAMERA - LOCKER ROOM

image.jpeg

BIFF THE BRUISER is sitting in the locker room, staring at the fluffy, plush Poor Widdle Baby Title belt. Just staring. 

image.jpeg

BACKSTAGE

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg  image.jpegimage.jpeg

LITTLE LISA is having the time of the life hanging out with some of the CGC wrestlers. BATTERING LAMB is giving her a piggy back ride while BLACK SHEEP hits on her mother. ALEX DECOLT has pulled STEVE DECOLT aside. 

ALEX DECOLT
Are you crazy? What are you doing? That's Barry Bowen's daughter!

STEVE DECOLT
Is that right? Wow. I had no idea. Small world. I was just trying to be
 a good champion. Defending my title. Showing a fan a good time.
 Just like Dad wanted.

ALEX DECOLT
Dad wanted you to leave this alone. Barry Bowen's already been
 punished. He's suspended.

STEVE DECOLT
You call that a punishment? He broke my face, Alex. The only fitting
punishment for Barry Bowen is pain and lots of it. And if I'm not
allowed to get him in the ring where I can beat him into oblivion, 
I guess I'll have to settle for making him watch his daughter cheer
 me on as I once again successfully defend the title he could never
 even dream of taking from me.

image.jpeg

Jon Jetson & Pedro Monsoon
THE NEW ENFORCERS
image.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
MOORE MOOSE
Ted Moore & Moose Mulder

Jerome Turner "Jetson hasn't had much success since the break up of the Canadian Enforcers. Could a new partner be what he needs?"

Jetson teaches his rookie partner the tricks of the trade, and together they manage to enforce their will on Ted Moore. Ted might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but he knows what the crowd want. Moore Moose! Moose Mulder batters his opponents with burly brawling. Seeing the writing on the wall, Jetson abandons his young partner. Moose Punch! 1... 2... 3.

MOORE MOOSE WIN (5:59)

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpegimage.jpeg

JULIE FORLETTA interviews JACK DECOLT.

JULIE FORLETTA
Congratulations on your win. Are you excited for 'In the Company of Legends'?

JACK DECOLT
You'd better believe it, Miss Forletta. I'm so excited. I can't
 wait to see how everyone celebrates Mr Whipper, and I can't
 wait to be part of my Dad's team, but I mostly can't wait to get back 
in the ring with John McClean. For weeks he's been calling me a 
fraud and my family degenerates, but he's the one cuddling up to 
that crook Mr. Tyler. He's the one who had to cheat to beat me. 

image.jpeg

JOHN McCLEAN
How dare you, Jack DeColt? You may have gotten lucky against 'the
 help' tonight, but don't let that give you delusions of grandeur. I
 have never cheated a day in my life. I am a paragon of virtue. A
 true hero to the common man. 

JACK DECOLT
Oh yeah. How about you put your money where your mouth is? Next 
week. I challenge you to a Gallant Gauntlet!

JOHN McCLEAN
I don't know what that is and I don't care. I'm better than you in every
 single way and I'll prove it every single day. You're on! 

image.png

BACKSTAGE

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

CONDOR, MARIO HEROIC and TEMPEST APPLEBY have surrounded WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS, all talking over one another.

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS
One at a time! One at a- I know you all want a shot at the Bubbleweight 
Title, but Helen Wheels isn't answering her phone so-

image.jpeg

BLACK SHEEP wanders over and hands the CGC Bubbleweight Title belt to Whipper.

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS
How did you...? What happened to Helen?

BLACK SHEEP
Don't worry about it. 

Black Sheep walks away, leaving the others very confused.

image.jpeg

CGC WORLD TITLE MATCH
 image.png
BIFF THE BRUISER VS STEVE DECOLT /w Little Lisa
image.pngimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Jerome Turner "I thought Steve DeColt making this open challenge was a sign he was moving past Barry Bowen, but clearly not. I hope Barry isn't watching. "

Little Lisa is thrilled to be given the CGC World Title belt to hold. Biff tries to give her the Poor Widdle Baby belt, but she doesn't want it. It smells now. 

Steve struts his stuff early, sticking and moving to avoid the big man's fearsome strength, and delighting his 'date' by busting out a Little Lisa Leaping Legdrop just for her. Biff gets lucky with a wild elbow to the face and Steve goes down. Biff can't believe his luck. He batters, bludgeons and bruises, but Steve won't stay down without a fight. Not with Little Lisa cheering him on. She argues with Biff, even trying to attack him with a foam finger. Referee Francis Long gets her out of the ring and Biff tries to take advantage by hitting Steve with a belt... but his plush Poor Widdle Baby belt bounces harmlessly off the back of Steve's head. 

Powerful Punches! Sexy Slam! Steve ducks a Wild Lariat and responds with a Luscious one of his own! He hits a Running Bulldog and signals for his Dad's Iron-

image.jpeg

Here comes BARRY BOWEN and he is pissed! Dressed in street clothes, he barges through the guardrail, pushing aside Security and sliding into the ring. Steve is ready for him, and the pair slam into each other, throwing hands with reckless abandon. 

NO CONTEST (10:23)

Security try to separate the two, but get easily tossed aside. Bowen is enraged. Out of his mind. And Steve's happy to respond in kind. They brawl inside the ring! Outside of the ring! At one point Biff the Bruiser has to get Little Lisa out of harm's way. Security can't handle it. 

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

The locker room empties out to try to keep them apart. Wrestlers. Referees. Even they struggle. Bowen hurls Bubbleweights aside to continue the fight, only stopping when he notices his scared daughter... and that's when Steve breaks free of his brothers to get a few more shots in. But eventually both men are pinned down. 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

GEORGE DECOLT
Bowen! You're suspended! Get out of here before it gets a whole 
lot worse! Steve... You're suspended too. You did this. You knew
exactly what you were doing and you brought this little girl
 into it. I don't want to see you again.

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS
But I do. You want them suspended, George. That's fine by me.
 We'll put it to a vote and I'll even vote with you... but if they 
want to fight, let them fight. 'In the Company of Legends' I make
 the rules, and I make the matches that I want to see. I want to 
see Steve DeColt and Barry Bowen.

Steve DeColt is thrilled. George DeColt is not. Barry Bowen suddenly breaks free and attacks as the show goes off the air.

image.jpeg

• Like 7

image.jpeg
Sunday Week 1 June 1997
Calgary, Alberta
0.01 rating on Alberta On Air! (4,103 viewers) and BCB (4,002 viewers)

• Steve DeColt introduces Little Lisa   72
  • NELSON BLAIS VS CONDOR   42
  • Tyler dressed down Soldiers of Fortune   56
  • FATE VS JACK DECOLT   33
  • Alex & Steve Argue   69
  • NEW ENFORCERS VS MOORE MOOSE   34
  • Jack & McClean Argue   54
  • Return of the Bubbleweight Title   47
  • BIFF THE BRUISER VS STEVE DECOLT   62
  • Big Brawl. Much Chaos   73
  • FINAL RATING   64

Ratings wise, I'm really happy. Steve had a great night, and Biff held up his end nicely. He's a frequent Live Event opponent for Steve. Big enough to look threatening in the moment, but I don't lose too much from beating him. 

Lisa Bowen was kind of a no brainer for any prequel project with her Dad in it. One day, she'll be a manager on the indies. In 1997  she's an 8-year old girl living in Calgary while her Dad works the territory. This was one of the original ideas for the project, and I'm glad Barry Bowen didn't get poached as quickly as he typically does in my private games. 

Injury news. Unfortunately, Helen Wheels suffered a strained hamstring while challenging for the AAA Tag Team Titles, messing up my plans for the Bubbleweight Title. Some of them, anyway. If she was still able to do angles I wouldn't have taken the belt off of her, but she can't even travel right now, and I really need to belt to fill my Title Bout quota. That's the main reason I introduced the thing. Naturally, I'm blaming Victoria Stone, one half of the AAA Tag Team Champions, who must have done this on purpose to sabotage me. 

Unless I missed something, this was Jack's first singles victory on TV in this project. He's won plenty of tags. He's won plenty on untelevised live events. But no TV singles wins. For fun I put together a Who-Beat-Who tier list for this project, and it was quite the shock to discover that Jack was F-tier. This win helps... but not by much as Fate is also F-tier as a singles competitor. 

Eric Tyler is causing trouble. He's been feeling isolated backstage for a while, and he's taking it out on Fate, turning the locker room against him. I don't have much of a silver tongue, so this problem might get worse before it gets better. 

Pedro Monsoon is another graduate of the Power House, and he looks like he's got some potential. He's certainly he's got some size to him (6'2, 232lbs). Unlike Rash Reilly, I haven't debuted him right into a top storyline, but what I need right now are some lower card heels who can just sorta bounce around, fill some gaps, and try to build personality. He's been working the live events, but he's still very green. 

Only one episode of Title Bout Wrestling to go before 'In the Company of Legends', and it's not the strongest card with only three matches announced. 

image.jpeg

Just one more Title Bout Wrestling before 'In the Company of Legends'...

CGC Bubbleweight Title Match: Black Sheep vs Condor vs Mario Heroic vs Nelson Blais vs Tempest Appleby
Chance vs Alex DeColt
Wolfgang Zimmerman vs Howling Dog

I'm bad at Tag Team names. For my private games I usually just use the built in name generator in TEW. Any good suggestions for Chandler & Maverick? Or Land Mass & Mammoth? Do people really want Moore Moose? 

• Like 2

Condor's the one with juice right now, I'd say Black Sheep but there's no way the Ten Ton Twits aren't going to try and get revenge for whatever he did to (or with, ooh la la la~) Helen.

Alex, especially with the Soldier Boys on the outs

Invader Zimmerman

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

CGC Bubbleweight Title Match: Black Sheep vs Condor vs Mario Heroic vs Nelson Blais vs Tempest Appleby
Chance vs Alex DeColt

I'm bad at Tag Team names. For my private games I usually just use the built in name generator in TEW. Any good suggestions for Chandler & Maverick? Or Land Mass & Mammoth? Do people really want Moore Moose?

Tag team names are always surprisingly hard to come up with. I've been on a streak of good ones in my latest personal game tho (imo), so I'm gonna try to give these duos some branding to work with.

Chandler & Maverick:

The Silver Studs - Maybe a bit too on the nose regarding their status as second-string babyfaces to the DeColts, but I think it fits their Hollywood & Fabulous personas.

The Famous & The Fabulous - Retools Maverick's Hollywood moniker a bit, and satisfies that nerdy need for alliteration.

The Canadian (Insert Plural Animal of Choice Here) - They're getting coached by George DeColt and have Spencer Marks' seal of approval, why not make them the next-gen version of the Calgary Wolverines? It'll make their inevitable heel turns all the more devastating.

Land Mass & Mammoth:

The Prehistoric Powers - Land Mass technically isn't age specific as a name, but I feel like it's catchy & Mammoth's name as well as their 1980's plodding style make this work.

Monster Mash - This is more of a joke, but in game both of their starting gimmicks are labeled as "Monsters" so it can work.

Moore Moose

Perfect.

Edited by SomeLazyMagic
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Since you have so many Face Cruiserweights, you need a Heel Champion for them to pursue

Chance vs Alex DeColt

DeColts don't lose on TV

I'm pretty sure he is ex-SWF

Edited by Temes1066
  • Like 1

Just one more Title Bout Wrestling before 'In the Company of Legends'...

Depending on how long Helen Wheels is out for I could see Black Sheep winning, then Helen returning with a sordid tale of how he ended up with the title... but balance wise a Heel champ makes sense, so I'll go for Blais
Chance vs Alex DeColt
This is still DeColt country!
Assuming this is in match order as usual, I'm surprised Alex's match isn't the Main Event. Unless you have an unannounced Main Event on the night.

I think I speak for everyone when I say we want MOORE MOOSE!

• Like 1