All Elite Wrestling League

NEWS

Taya Valkyrie, Bishop Kaun and Dante Martin returned clean drug tests at Collision.

Bandido has left AEW. He requested his release from his contract which still had a year and a half to run.

AEW made a profit of $764,720 in July.

Top AEW merchandise for July
1. Becky Lynch
2. Steve Austin
3. Adam Copeland
4. Kenny Omega
5. MJF

AEW have upgraded the training level at the All Elite Performance Centre at a cost of $450,000

Kenny Omega has struck gold with a new catchphrase he debuted on Collision, which has left AEW fans buzzing overnight.

El Desperado has recovered from chronic upper back pain.

Roberto Bawey has founded Notorious Wrestling Championships, based in Eastern Europe.

Pro Wrestling ZERO1 have risen to Small, they are ranked 20.
Ice Ribbon have risen to Small, they are ranked 25.
Beyond Wrestling have risen to Small, they are ranked 28.

Masato Tanaka has won the ZERO1 Fire Festival.
Takuya Sugawara has won the ZERO1 International Junior Heavyweight Championship for the fourth time.
Tam Nakano has won the vacant Gatoh Move Super Asia Championship.
The Bollywood Boyz have won the DEFY Tag Team Championship for the third time, defeating Second Gear Crew.

• Like 1

ALL IN LONDON
Sunday, week 4, August 2024
Current card

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Bryan Danielson (c) v Sami Zayn
WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Jamie Hayter (c) v Mercedes Moné
WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Lucha Brothers (c) v The Bucks
WORLD TRIOS CHAMPIONSHIP - Blackpool Combat Club (c) v LAX
Seth Rollins v Kenny Omega
Becky Lynch v Deonna Purrazzo

NEW WORKERS
Melissa Tufnel (23, American, WWA4 Wrestling School)
Kan Okanaya (22, Japanese, New Japan Dojo)
Norogumi Haruguchi (20, Japanese, Pro Wrestling NOAH Dojo)
Allan Jones (21, American, Black and Brave Wrestling Academy)
Urako Chikamatsu (24, Japanese, STARDOM Workshop)
Harry Barnes (21, English, PlayFight)
Derek Bach (20, American, Nightmare Factory)
Allen Couture (24, Australian, MCW Academy)
Arnold James (23, American, Create A Pro Wrestling School)
Kiyohira Seo (22, Japanese, DDT Dojo)
Melanie Regal (22, American, Reality of Wrestling)
Ichisake Ogura (18, Japanese, Ibushi Pro-Wrestling Technical Institute)
Toyokuni Katsura (18, Japanese, BJW Dojo)
Florence Donovan (21, American, The Monster Factory)
Gary Christison (22, Australian, The Fale Dojo)

RETURNS
Cassandro (54, American)

RETIREMENTS FROM THE RING
Yoshiaki Fujiwara (75)
Tinieblas Jr (58)
Victoria (53)
Saraya Knight (52)
Mammoth Sasaki (49)
Black Terry (71)
Emi Sakura (47)
Cuervo (50)
Bob Sapp (50)
Josef Samael (50)
Sting (65)
Magnitude Kishiwada (53)
Hiroyoshi Tenzan (53)
Ricky Morton (67)
MAZADA (49)

LEFT THE BUSINESS
Theodore Long (76, retired)
Villano V (62, retired)
Ted DiBiase (70, retired)
Fit Finlay (66, retired)
Ricky Knight (70, retired)
Rey Misterio Sr (66, retired)
Rafa El Maya (71, retired)
Bill Alfonso (66, retired)
Sal Hamaoui (50, moved on to other ventures)

DEATHS
None

• Like 1

FRANCHISE PLAYERS
Becky Lynch, MJF, Bryan Danielson, Seth Rollins, Swerve Strickland

NEXT BIG THINGS
Action Andretti, El Hijo del Vikingo, Billie Starkz, Nick Wayne

HOT PROSPECTS
Jamie Hayter, Tay Melo, Konosuke Takeshita, Action Andretti, Billie Starkz

TALK THE TALK
MJF, Chris Jericho, Steve Austin, Becky Lynch, Jon Moxley

SHOW STOPPERS
Kenny Omega, Seth Rollins, Mercedes Moné, Hiromu Takahashi, Swerve Strickland

RING GENERALS
Bryan Danielson, Kenny Omega, Will Ospreay, Jay White, Seth Rollins

WHO’S HOT
Jamie Hayter, MJF, Rey Fénix, Penta El Cero Miedo, Samoa Joe

WHO’S NOT
Adam Page, Matt Riddle

HIDDEN GEMS
Florence Donovan, Miranda Alize, Trish Adora, Ashley Vox, Kiera Hogan

• Like 1

@christmas_ape @DinoKea @stratusfaction @Dawn @PH71 @KyTeran

AEW LEAGUE SEASON 2 IS STARTING

Week 1 fixtures

DYNAMITE
The Peak of Perfection v The Golden Phoenix Club - men trios
The Spooky Club v Timeless Ensemble - women singles
The Monarchy v The Bryan Danielson Appreciation Society - women singles

COLLISION
The Peak of Perfection v Timeless Ensemble - women trios
The Golden Phoenix Club v The Monarchy - men trios
The Spooky Club v The Bryan Danielson Appreciation Society - men tag

UNAVAILBLE
None

POSSIBLY UNAVAILABLE
Nick Nemeth (potentially working for NJPW)
Stephanie Vaquer (potentially working for NJPW)

The deadline for selections and playing manager cards is Tuesday 1 October at 21:00 UK time, 16:00 US East coast time.
The signing/transfer window is still open and will be until the same time as the deadline for selections and manager cards. At this point, no more signings other than to replace wrestlers who become unavailable will be allowed until the mid season opens after all teams have had 12 matches.

A repost to remind you of the manager cards...

@christmas_ape @DinoKea @stratusfaction @Dawn @PH71 @KyTeran

MANAGER CARDS

With the introduction of Team Managers in Season 2, those who have one will be able to use each of these managers cards once per season, with the % giving you that much of an increase % chance of winning the match you will play it for.

The seven cards are...
KILLER PROMO - +10% of your manager's microphone skill. This is doubled if you also write your own promo to go on the show, as said by your Team Manager
PRE MATCH MIND GAMES - +5% basic +10% of your manager's psychology skill
EXCELLENT PREPARATION (TRAINING & SCOUTING) +15% basic
COACHING FROM RINGSIDE - +5% basic +10% of your manager's basics skill
RINGSIDE DISTRACTION - +5% basic +10% of your manager's charisma skill
INTERFERENCE FROM RINGSIDE - +15% basic
INTERFERENCE IN THE RING - +25% basic, however there is also a 25% chance of being caught which will lead to immediate disqualification and loss of the match.

So an example of how a couple of these work...
If you play the pre match mind games card with CJ Perry, you get an automatic 5% boost to what I determine your chance of winning the match is, as well an additional 4% due to her psychology skill (her range is 28-58, giving a mid way point of 43 and 10% of that is 4.3, rounded down to 4). Therefore if I were to give you an equal chance of winning the match (49%, giving 2% for a draw), then you would be boosted by 9% to give you 58%, your opponent would therefore drop to 40% and the draw would remain at 2%
If you play the interference in the ring card, your boost would be an automatic 25%. So in the same match chance example, your chance of winning would now be 74%, your opponent down to 24% and 2% for the draw. However, this also carries a 25% chance of being caught and disqualified, so a second random number would then be 'rolled' and if this came in the 25% range, you would lose the match by disqualification. So this one carries risk for greater reward.

Playing the cards is not compulsory during the season, though you can only play each one once.
Playing the cards would need to be done by the selection deadline, though it doesn't have to be at the same time as you make your selections. It must be in by the deadline, I will be strict with this, whereas in the past I have given leeway with selections as long as I haven't written the show in the game.
If you don't have a Team Manager then you can't play any cards.

• Like 2

DYNAMITE

Claudio and The Lucha Brothers

I know that this is the first week, but I have a great promo for this so I am playing my KILLER PROMO card here.

"Peak of Perfection, you think that you are so high and mighty because you won the league's first season, but don't you forget who it was made your name a lie and cost you your perfect streak.  That's right it was our Swiss Superman Claudio who beat your puny switchblade, Jay White, but I know what you are thinking this isn't the same this is a trios match right, and you are correct, but we still got you beat.  Not only are you facing the Swiss Superman, but you are facing the greatest tag team in AEW the Lucha Brothers.  We may have faltered last season, but The Golden Lion Club is dead and from the ashes The Golden Phoenix Club shall rise and claim its spot at the top of the AEW league.  Rest assured Peak of Perfection this week will be far from perfect for you.  Cero Miedo"

COLLISION

If possible, could I switch Chris Jericho for Seth Rollins and if so, my choice will be 

Seth Rollins and The Lucha Brothers

but if not then I choose

Chris Jericho and The Lucha Brothers

• Like 2

20 hours ago, stratusfaction said:

I was so excited to get my hands on Nick Nemeth, now I have to share him with NJPW and probably never get to use him. I'm off to a great start!

Whenever NJPW have a tour, it takes a number of guys away from me, but then they don't all end up working so some do unexpectantly become available for a show. Problem is I've then written the show considering they're away. It's a bit of a ballache really.

15 hours ago, KyTeran said:

DYNAMITE

Claudio and The Lucha Brothers

I know that this is the first week, but I have a great promo for this so I am playing my KILLER PROMO card here.

"Peak of Perfection, you think that you are so high and mighty because you won the league's first season, but don't you forget who it was made your name a lie and cost you your perfect streak.  That's right it was our Swiss Superman Claudio who beat your puny switchblade, Jay White, but I know what you are thinking this isn't the same this is a trios match right, and you are correct, but we still got you beat.  Not only are you facing the Swiss Superman, but you are facing the greatest tag team in AEW the Lucha Brothers.  We may have faltered last season, but The Golden Lion Club is dead and from the ashes The Golden Phoenix Club shall rise and claim its spot at the top of the AEW league.  Rest assured Peak of Perfection this week will be far from perfect for you.  Cero Miedo"

COLLISION

If possible, could I switch Chris Jericho for Seth Rollins and if so, my choice will be 

Seth Rollins and The Lucha Brothers

but if not then I choose

Chris Jericho and The Lucha Brothers

Yes, the signing/transfer window is still open until 9pm next Tuesday UK time. I'm surprised it's taken so long for somebody to sign Rollins.

• Like 1