Death of the Territories Reborn (1983) [Beta Release]

1 hour ago, Jaysin said:

If a worker's performances weren't affected by their drinking or drug use, they shouldn't have the attributes. Guys like Flair weren't affected by their drinking in the 80s and should not have heavy drinker attribute. 

I haven't downloaded the data yet, but I'm referencing comments in this thread, but the mobile version of the forum won't let me quote for some reason.

It's an interesting point to make and I'll consider it. When I began working on the database most of the lifestyles were already established and I haven't really touched that. If it's gamebreaking they will absolutely need to be removed.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, AndHesLoose92 said:

Hey there! Thanks so much for your suggestions. I completely agree with most of them and made the changes. I think adding personality depth is important to making this mod as deep as possible

Thanks for the reply. re: Hogan, I probably overstated my case. The most important thing is that the bio doesn't mislead players on how to handle Hogan in the scenario - so it should talk more generally about the Gagnes and Hulk disagreeing over money and his place in the company (which the game simulates) rather than suggesting that he has to have the belt to be happy.

And thanks for adding Robin. I recently found out that she called all of her matches throughout her career, even when working face and including that excellent bout she and Martel had in Paris. If the mod you sourced her from gave her the "Smith family psychology", it could be justified!

edit: In the same vein as my first comment, I noticed that nobody has Shoots from the Lip. Maybe make a cautious start to that by giving the attribute to famously quick-witted talkers Cornette, Heenan, and Lawler, plus Bockwinkel and Piper (both known for preparing their own "soundbites" for promos)? There are probably a lot of candidates for Improv Training (including A-list talkers like Hogan and Savage), but starting with the higher impact trait might be best.

Edited by Big Mark Smark
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Big Mark Smark said:

Thanks for the reply. re: Hogan, I probably overstated my case. The most important thing is that the bio doesn't mislead players on how to handle Hogan in the scenario - so it should talk more generally about the Gagnes and Hulk disagreeing over money and his place in the company (which the game simulates) rather than suggesting that he has to have the belt to be happy.

And thanks for adding Robin. I recently found out that she called all of her matches throughout her career, even when working face and including that excellent bout she and Martel had in Paris. If the mod you sourced her from gave her the "Smith family psychology", it could be justified!

edit: In the same vein as my first comment, I noticed that nobody has Shoots from the Lip. Maybe make a cautious start to that by giving the attribute to famously quick-witted talkers Cornette, Heenan, and Lawler, plus Bockwinkel and Piper (both known for preparing their own "soundbites" for promos)? There are probably a lot of candidates for Improv Training (including A-list talkers like Hogan and Savage), but starting with the higher impact trait might be best.

Awesome ideas again, I'll include these updates on the next release (Friday) and see if I can find anymore that fit what you are talking about. Thanks a lot! Exactly what I need/am looking for

• Like 2

I found myself stuck in the house this week and wound up listening to some interviews from old-timers. A few more points of interest for your mod:

Worker Relationships

• Greg Valentine claims to have become good friends with Andre the Giant while touring Japan. I think he was referring to the '75 Golden Fight series, so a strong friendship by '83 seems right.
  • Valentine also said that he and his father had heat with Bruno Sammartino. I'm not 100% sure on this one, as Greg has a tendency to sound off, but maybe Simmering Tensions?
  • Jerry Sags (note that the Death of the Territories DB incorrectly spells his ring name "Saggs") claimed that Brad Rheingans and Masa Saito were best friends. As that's an outsider's take and I have yet to hear anyone else say the same, it's probably better to just put them at strong friendship.
  • I think it's fairly well known that Larry Zybyszko was Bruno's protege so this is more of a reminder. While the "Tips" event is somewhat unlikely in the mod, the backstage atmosphere effect probably justifies the chore of adding the relationship.

Personalities and Attributes

• The Iron Sheik probably should be a Party Animal. Sags talked about Sheiky having what the game terms a Badass Reputation due to his amateur wrestling skills. (Sags made the same kind of badass claims about Rheingans, and notably put the two of them well out of his own league.)
  • Larry Zybyszko was a non-drinker and while he tried drugs, he found them passe compared to the thrill of flying a light plane. They didn't call that Straight Edge in the 1980s but I think it's the right fit for him. I'm also a little surprised that he doesn't have Amazing Heel - while part of the reactions he got were due to the Bruno feud, Larry had the skill to keep that heat on himself.
  • Bill Alfonso is one of the most upbeat nice guys you'll ever hear when he's out of his gimmick. I'd pull for the guy getting People Person and Positive Outlook.
  • Like 1

Forgot to mention on Friday! New update above with tweaks recommended by Big Mark Smark and Jugg!

I completely overhauled "yet to debut" workers and borrowed a ton from Mammoth's 1970s mod. I have removed anyone who debuts after 1991 as I want to give that special attention in the near future. Feel free to take a look. Might be a slower week this week but the game is definitely playable!

Picture pack should be accessible now.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Crusher Bloomfield/One Man Gang needs a picture assigned for his MACW. The Ninja Warrior/Mr.Pogo, Sgt Slaughter, Jim Nelson/Boris Zhukov, Oliver Humperdink, Mike Rotundo, Dory Funk, Dizzy Hogan/Brutus Beefcake & Bob Orton Jr. are the same.

MACW's house shows are cancelled as they don't have enough wrestlers signed to written contracts.

Jim Crockett Jr, Tony Garea and David Crocket don't work well as road agents, I can't remember what skills need to be bumped for it to work.

Bruiser Brody should be added to MACW he wrestles on Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling 01/01/83 taped on 12/29/82.

Bronko Lubich needs his picture assigned in WCCW. Checkmate/Tony Charles, Magic Dragon/Haru Sonda and Yoshiaki Yatsau/Tola Yatsu is the same.

Jose Estrada Sr. needs his WWF picture assigned. Jose Luis Rivera/Mac Rivera, Mr. Fuji, SD Jones, The Grand Wizard, Col DeBeers/The Polish Prince, The Destroyer and Vincent J. McMahon are the same.

Mr. Fuji is only contracted to work as a manager in the WWF but is set as an occasional wrestler.

Edited by StanMiguel