This is entirely my own conjecture, but I highly doubt he's planning on releasing a pro game for this year's pro season. Take a look at a calendar and tell me how that's even remotely likely. Its not that long ago that he released BB, and he's still making updates to it, which take time. Besides, GDS would have already announced it if it was coming out in September. Again, that's just my take.

[QUOTE=btmlltt]This is entirely my own conjecture, but I highly doubt he's planning on releasing a pro game for this year's pro season. Take a look at a calendar and tell me how that's even remotely likely. Its not that long ago that he released BB, and he's still making updates to it, which take time. Besides, GDS would have already announced it if it was coming out in September. Again, that's just my take.[/QUOTE] Its not likely unless he's a long way towards finishing it.

Right, nobody's ever made that statement. However, it is still making the college game tougher to play, if only because I have all these classes piling up and no output for them. It may be a bit...I don't know, odd...but it's frustrating when I go through, get all these recruting classes and build a dynasty...and then there's no closure for my kids. It's times like these that I really abhor Joe Stallings.

Guys, here's a little more about my plan for this year (and the football season). First, there has been a ton of great feedback on BBCF and about 3-4 months ago I didn't really want to just abandon the game and move on to a pro version. Now, I think BBCF is a very solid first version, but it seemed to me that with a few changes and additions BBCF could really take another step without needing a full version update. So, I made the decision to start designing an update for later this year that would address some lingering issues and add in a few new features. Now, this means that there will not be a pro version this year, but there is work underway on the pro game already. I just won't have the time to finish it this year given the additional time I'm spending on BBCF. Now, I will admit that if I was just making games full time, it probably would not be financially feasible to do this. However, this is one of the advantages of having another fulltime job in that I can decide to expand a product and offer additional updates and features for no additional cash to those who bought the game. So, I am working currently on this update with much of my free time (hence the recent reduction on my posts here) and I think it will add a great deal to the BBCF experience. As I get closer to release, I will start mentioning some of the fixes and new features. I appreciate all the interest you guys have in this series and want to reiterate that a pro version will be coming down the road. However, I want to make sure everyone knows it will not be out this year.

Guest ggyoun0
Fantastic news!!! I always love this aspect about buying a game from GDS, and similarly customer-oriented companies. They always think about how they would want to be treated if they were the customer opposed to blindly adhering to bottome lines. Can't wait to hear more about the updates--you know when time permits!

Wow. I am so impressed with they way Arlie and GDS is committed to making sure the games they have available are kept updated and improved. It's far more important for me to have a game that works properly and includes so many updated features as BBCF than for the developers to leave a game hanging in a rush to develop another one (a pro game). I would love to have a pro game to complement BBCF, but I would rather wait until Arlie has maximized the college game's potential before turning his attention to the pro game. Then we benefit from having TWO great games at some point down the road. Thanks Arlie and GDS for your wonderful games, hard work on updates, and top-notch customer support/feedback.

Polls need tweaking (he's said that was included) transfers need a look (hope he does this) I also think offense could be tweaked down a bit. I see alot of high scoring games when both teams have good defenses. Other than that, I'm happy with it.

Archived