nAqY8Wo.png
September 16th, 2005

It's the 72nd Anniversary Show of Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre, their biggest show of the year. Held in "The Cathedral of Lucha Libre", Arena México. We've seen several matches so far that have kept the crowd on their feet all night! Místico, Último Guerrero, Dr. Wagner Jr, Último Dragón and even some stars of New Japan Pro Wrestling have competed thus far.

A mysterious, skeevy man with a briefcase and flanked by his own personal security makes his way to the ring. The crowd isn't quite sure how to react to him at first.

TgbyIFT.png
"My name... is Dario Cueto."

Mr. Cueto invites the promoter of CMLL, Paco Alonso, to the ring. The owner obliges, making a very rare appearance.

"I'm a business man, and I'm opening the door to all of your luchadores. Let them compete for me... in America."

Paco Alonso is initially unsure of what to do, and the audience in Arena México definitely do not like the cut of this Dario Cueto guy's jib.

"Sign this contract, and walk away with all this money!"

The briefcase of cash is presented to Paco Alonso, as well as a contract. He pauses for a moment, before hesitantly signing and accepting the money. The crowd has quite the hostile reaction to this, as they can already see that Dario Cueto is not one to be trusted.

"Tell your luchadores, I will see them... at Lucha Underground!"

2CACKNk.png

e1cowtv.png
October 1st, 2005

Spike TV has announced that a new take on professional wrestling is making its way to the channel. The high-flying luchadores of Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre will crash land on your television screens in the new year. 

Every week, the stars of the upcoming Lucha Underground will bring fast-paced action, drama, and a unique character-driven perspective to American professional wrestling audiences that has yet to be seen before.

With a combination of television writers and some of the best minds in the wrestling business. Spike TV executives are reportedly very excited for their audience to see what they have in store. The shifting sands of the professional wrestling landscape continue to surprise us.
AUTHORS NOTE: A little bit of an explanation about how this came to be! I've recently started revisiting Lucha Underground, at the same time that I started playing the fantastic Shifting Sands mod. And so I got to thinkin', 2006 was the year that I not only started to get into Lucha Libre, but also the year I got into Extreme Warfare Revenge. And so I figured, let me combine one thing I love with a time period that is very special to me, and we'll see how it goes! There are going to be some familiar faces from the actual Lucha Underground that pop up in here, they're just either younger or played by different people. And honestly, I was waaaay more of a CMLL head at the height of my lucha libre fandom. So fuck it, CMLL is backing this instead. But that doesn't mean I'm NOT gonna steal some cool AAA guys! You seriously think I won't book Abismo Negro? You're out your mind.
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
e1cowtv.png
November 3rd, 2005

Lucha Underground, coming to American television audiences on Spike TV, has announced a start date of January 2006. They are advertising their first set of tapings to be on the second Wednesday of the month, taping four episodes at a time. 
In addition to this, they have also announced several of the luchadores that will be part of these tapings. Including one of the fastest rising stars in Mexico, Místico, who is slated to be at the forefront of the program. The former WCW star, La Parka, who is now known as L.A. Par-K, will be a familiar face for American audiences tuning in.

In a bit of shocking news, two former AAA luchadores have reportedly jumped ship to not only CMLL but take part in Lucha Underground as well. One of Los Barrio Boys, Alan, has reportedly been brought in and will be working under the new name of Drago and will be working under a completely different gimmick.

The other star in question is Abismo Negro, who you might remember from his appearances in TNA Wrestling throughout the beginning of 2004. Abismo Negro has been having issues with AAA for quite some time. No-showing events, disputes over pay. It looks like the rumor of him jumping over to CMLL has finally come to fruition. 

A legend of Lucha Libre, El Hijo del Santo, is set to come over. And in order to promote the upcoming Nacho Libre film, the luchador known as Silver King will be portraying King Ramses in Lucha Underground. 

Fans of WWE will recognize "The Japanese Buzzsaw," Tajiri, and the former Essia Rios, now known as Mr. Águila. The son of the legendary El Fantasma will reportedly be working under the new character, Prince Cuerno. And known for his work in ROH, Jack Evans will be working as a character familiar to WCW fans, Blitzkrieg II.

These are just a selection of the many names that are coming through Boyle Heights, California, in the new year. Lucha Underground promises to be a fresh, unique take on the presentation of professional wrestling, and you won't want to miss what they have in store.

pKYvuih.png

TgbyIFT.png
Dario Cueto

9csqSLn.png 5VNUG0m.png IpKuZHk.png MpD2MEp.png
Místico | L.A. Par-K | El Hijo del Santo | King Ramses

5feaOud.png 3rYD6Yj.png E6WMEmW.png wP7xAJW.png
Abismo Negro | Volador Jr | Último Guerrero | Tajiri

AVzGsQg.png RlLEFqT.png pvq5UYt.png Xx7s39n.png
Mephisto | Averno | Hechicero | Mr. Águila

jg6tAmu.png Np1mGh7.png y1OzQI9.png FtLq8nW.png
Kaz Hayashi | Prince Cuerno | Drago | Blitzkrieg II

c2lbMgu.png Is6SQaZ.png 7uaaZ6z.png GPPgpN3.png
Pheonix Star | Zokre | El Generico | El Fantastico
Edited by AURELIA
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, AURELIA said:
e1cowtv.png
November 3rd, 2005

Lucha Underground, coming to American television audiences on Spike TV, has announced a start date of January 2006. They are advertising their first set of tapings to be on the second Wednesday of the month, taping four episodes at a time. 
In addition to this, they have also announced several of the luchadores that will be part of these tapings. Including one of the fastest rising stars in Mexico, Místico, who is slated to be at the forefront of the program. The former WCW star, La Parka, who is now known as L.A. Par-K, will be a familiar face for American audiences tuning in.

In a bit of shocking news, two former AAA luchadores have reportedly jumped ship to not only CMLL but take part in Lucha Underground as well. One of Los Barrio Boys, Alan, has reportedly been brought in and will be working under the new name of Drago and will be working under a completely different gimmick.

The other star in question is Abismo Negro, who you might remember from his appearances in TNA Wrestling throughout the beginning of 2004. Abismo Negro has been having issues with AAA for quite some time. No-showing events, disputes over pay. It looks like the rumor of him jumping over to CMLL has finally come to fruition. 

A legend of Lucha Libre, El Hijo del Santo, is set to come over. And in order to promote the upcoming Nacho Libre film, the luchador known as Silver King will be portraying King Ramses in Lucha Underground. 

Fans of WWE will recognize "The Japanese Buzzsaw," Tajiri, and the former Essia Rios, now known as Mr. Águila. The son of the legendary El Fantasma will reportedly be working under the new character, Prince Cuerno. And known for his work in ROH, Jack Evans will be working as a character familiar to WCW fans, Blitzkrieg II.

These are just a selection of the many names that are coming through Boyle Heights, California, in the new year. Lucha Underground promises to be a fresh, unique take on the presentation of professional wrestling, and you won't want to miss what they have in store.

pKYvuih.png

TgbyIFT.png
Dario Cueto

9csqSLn.png 5VNUG0m.png IpKuZHk.png MpD2MEp.png
Místico | L.A. Par-K | El Hijo del Santo | King Ramses

5feaOud.png 3rYD6Yj.png E6WMEmW.png wP7xAJW.png
Abismo Negro | Volador Jr | Último Guerrero | Tajiri

AVzGsQg.png RlLEFqT.png pvq5UYt.png Xx7s39n.png
Mephisto | Averno | Hechicero | Mr. Águila

jg6tAmu.png Np1mGh7.png y1OzQI9.png FtLq8nW.png
Kaz Hayashi | Prince Cuerno | Drago | Blitzkrieg II

c2lbMgu.png Is6SQaZ.png 7uaaZ6z.png GPPgpN3.png
Pheonix Star | Zokre | El Generico | El Fantastico

Awesome concept, launching lucha underground less than a decade earlier then irl.

So if lu is on Spike, what happens to tna impact? Does it air alongside lucha Underground, air on a different network or stick to webcasting? And speaking of tna around this time, you planning on using x division stars that would fit in with the lucha style either by trading or poaching?

Will the Rameses thing last just to promote Nacho Libre and he'll redebut as Silver King after the hype dies down or will it be his permanent gimmick for the promotion?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...