Coach Mau: Rewind! Aztecs are back!

Hopefully there will be readers for this one like there was for my previous dynasty report! I didn't finish Texas' season because I wasn't really interested in them anymore and there were problems with the file. After a while it was just.. blah. I'm wanting to do another dynasty and I figured why start over when I can just bring back the good 'ol Aztecs which we all got to know and love quite dearly... at least I know I did. The SDSU reign for me as a coach ended on page 9(40 posts per page) part way down in this thread: [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8830[/url] So for those of you who want to remember who were the stars and stuff, go back and read some. I know I'll be reading up on the last two seasons so I can get familiar with how my team worked, as there is a big difference between Texas and a little school like SDSU. I haven't quite started the dynasty yet, but it will be underway soon and you'll be reading about the Aztecs again in no time.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[b]San Diego State Mini History[/b] Some of you may be able to remember one of the greatest quarterbacks in the history of this league. Cecil Coleman! Career completion % of 66.8% while throwing for 14,501 yards. He threw 131 touchdowns while only throwing 33 interceptions. He started every single game during his four year career as an Aztec. The guy was just amazing. He's #2 on the all-time list for passing yards, just 300 yards behind the all time leader. But he is the all time leader in touchdowns thrown, by 14 touchdowns. Impressive career, I tell ya. Hopefully I'll get another one like him soon! But these past two years we've been having a tough time trying to find his replacement. The same goes with running back, Lamar Carlson had a fluke season, running for 2000+ yards a few years back but is a senior now and will barely see the season for the second straight season. Our wideouts for the past five years have all been pretty average to above average. We went 6-6 in the last season and before that, during the Cecil Coleman era, we had a tough time losing... well, we won more than lost anyways, including a 12-1 season. I'm ready to get this going again!!!!!

[b]2016 Offseason[/b] We picked up a good offensive coordinator to replace the previous coach who didn't think he was getting paid enough. And now we're sitting at the Transfer Stage! [b]Transfers Period[/b] - 13 available scholarships We're in desperate need of a kicker so we go after one despite the fact that we won't be able to use him until next year.. but that's all right. Our defense is also very suspect at almost every position, so we're going to look for lots of help there. During the second week of transfers we were able to sign a DE and ILB, and they're definitely good ones! So next season, look for our defense to step it up big time for us. And sadly we were not able to land a kicker, so we'll just have to work hard at signing a recruit.

[b]Recruiting - Week One[/b] We went after an array of players, scouting as much as our money would allow us. In the end, we don't sign anybody, of course... [b]Recruiting - Week Two[/b] Once again, we don't sign anybody, but we're getting somewhere with a few of our top recruits. We've got our eye on three players that are rated in the top 100 in the country. They would be some nice signings. [b]Recruiting - Week Three[/b] For the third straight week, we go without a signing, but of course that's okay since it's pretty rare for a smaller school to get signings so quickly. I suspect we'll get a few within the next few weeks though. We also lost a player that had a scholly offer. [b]Recruiting - Week Four[/b] No signings again and we lose two players that we offered scholarships too. There is tons of interest for us with some nice names, but I'm guessing they're waiting for teams like Texas, Wisconsin, Miami to make offers to them, or somethin... [b]Recruiting - Week Five[/b] We get our first signing, a SS from California. He's a strong safety with good ability to cover receivers too. He's ranked #148 in the country. Too bad he's our only one so far, but we didn't lose any players we had offers too... so that's a plus. [b]Recruiting - Week Six[/b] ILB Sheldon Graham will be our next recruit of the offseason, and he's the only one of the week. Talent-wise, he's comparable to SS Eric Pruitt, who we got last week. We need more than this though. [b]Recruiting - Week Seven[/b] We land our biggest recruit of the year in OG Chas Spinney. He's got some great potential, but he is very raw, so I won't expect to see him on the field anytime soon. We also got a speed WR in John McGee. He'll be stellar for us over his career. He's got good potential too. Negatives during the week: We've got to find five new players to give these scholarships. [b]Recruiting - Week Eight[/b] We finally land a kicker, albeit not a very good one, but that's all right. He's ranked 1935th...... heh, oh well who cares if he's only the 37th best kicker in the country, he's still decent though!! We landed another receiver and a very raw DT who probably won't see the field until his third year. [b]Recruiting - Week Nine[/b] We landed ourselves another defensive tackle, not much difference to the first one we got. [b]Recruiting - Final Week[/b] We close out the recruiting period by giving away the rest of our scholarships. All the players we got this year were all potentials of six or better. About half were six, which is okay for a school like ours. Chas Spinney is our best talent-wise, with a 2/9. Instant impact players are ILB Graham and SS Pruitt. Let's get the show on the road!

[b]Training Period[/b] Our recruiting session went very well and we just found out today that we had the 23rd best recruiting class in the country! Very impressive considering we were ranked 72nd this year with a 6-6 record...I'm very happy with the results. Especially since I took such a long hiatus from the game. Regardless of what we run on defense, we'll be counting on our freshman DT's to hold their own from the get go. Second year starter, and sophomore QB will be the opening day starter for us. He's still raw, but he's got good potential and had decent numbers for us last year. Besides, he's going to be behind a very good offensive line. Five true freshman will be getting the starting nod this year. For the next few years we're going to be a good young team.. Happy happy joy joy. [b]Scheduling[/b] We pick up Cincinatti and Baylor as non conference games and that puts us at 11 games for the season. Time to get this baby underway! I'm getting very tired, but I'm going to try getting at least one game in! I'm so excited.. lol

[b]Season Schedule[/b] Team Schedule WEEK OPPONENT SCORE 1 at Louisville - 2 Baylor - 3 OPEN - 4 at Colorado State - 5 Cincinnati - 6 Texas Christian - 7 Brigham Young - 8 OPEN - 9 at Utah - 10 Nevada-Las Vegas - 11 at Air Force - 12 at Wyoming - 13 at New Mexico - 14 OPEN - 15 OPEN - Since I put together this screenshot after the first week, you can see we're missing our sophomore quarterback, Promuto. No other injuries for week two though. [b]Offense[/b] [IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e178/mauboy/2016offense.jpg[/IMG] [b]Defense[/b] [IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e178/mauboy/Defense2016.jpg[/IMG]

[b]Week One - SDSU @ Louisville[/b] - SDSU favorites by 3 Surprisingly we open up our first game of the season as favorites. But after looking at the Louisville team, we understand why we're faves and we start asking why we aren't favored by about 20 points more. This will be the first game I've coached in about three months, so hopefully it all comes back to me no problem. We're going with the Run n Gun offense along with a 3-4 defense, since our LB's are all pretty good compared to the DL. Next season our DL will be studly and we might be able to go with a 4-3 again. Who knows. Lets worry about this year right now. [b]1st Quarter[/b] We open up the season with the ball and run it twice before we threw an incomplete pass to force us to punt after good field position at the 45 yard line. Our defense comes back with a three and out of their own and the punter for Louisville is going to be questioned after the game for taking steroids after that 75 yard punt. Holy crap. We pick up our first first down of the season thanks to a 3rd and 7 conversion by Promuto who floated out a pass to Black for a 10 yard gain. The celebration would have to wait as our offensive line picked up their first hold of the season denying us from getting six points on the play. We moved back ten yards to the 15 yard line where we then gained only five more yards before settling for a 28 yard field goal. Our first points of the season, 3-0, four minutes to play in the first quarter. A 19 play drive.. wowza. Classic Aztec football though. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Louisville ties up the game with a 29 yard field goal on their possession. Kicker Keyshawn Walker already missed his first field goal of the season.. short even, from 35 yards out. Stays 3-3 midway through the second quarter. Promuto gets taken out due to injury and Long will replace him for the rest of the game. Hopefully we can still win this one; our running game seems to be doing fine so it shouldn't be too hard.. hopefully. We won't be able to take the lead anytime soon as Long throws the first pick of the season with just four to play in the half. We were threatening to score too, just about in field goal position, if not already. Damn him. But we answer right back, one play later with a pick of our own. LB Travis Walker with the interception, our ball on the 35 yard line of Louisville now. We move the ball quickly down to the two yard line where Smith gets stuffed for a 3 yard loss forcing us to go to the air and that's not cool at all... Long throws his second pick in as many minutes almost, so touchback and that will lead us up to halftime. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Lamar Carlson will get the scoring going for us in the second half. A 5 yard touchdown run gives us a 10-3 lead just a few minutes into the second half. A very nice drive. Finally. Louisville wastes no time as they tie up the game with a 4 minute drive of their own. 10-10. Our defense was no where to be found on that drive. [b]Fourth Quarter[/b] The defensive battle continues as Louisville starts out with the ball as we start the fourth quarter. We're outgaining them 298 to 185, but they're still with us thanks to the two picks by Long. We try a for sure miss field goal from 55 yards out and it is indeed missed by freshman kicker, Walker. Stays 10-10 with 10 to play in the game. Avon Morin picks up the fumbled caused by the Aztec defense and he runs it 45 yards for the touchdown to give the Aztecs a six point lead!! Wow! What a hit. 17-10. Louisville ties it right back up! They only score when we score... so we're going to try and hold the ball until the final second so they can't answer back. Sheesh. 1:51 left on the clock as we get the ball back after a punt that went into the endzone for a touchback. Time to work some late game magic with our crappy backup quarterback, Long. He opens up the drive with a nice 11 yard gain then throws an incomplete pass.. Its all right, plenty of time. Bam! Kevin Barber makes a great catch and takes it 46 yards for a first down and MORE! 1:13 left and it's 1st and 10 at the 23 yard line of Louisville. We run the ball three straight times as to not allow Long to throw this game away. After four yards of gainage we set up for a 37 yard field goal for the freshman. Will he be a hero or a choker... this will tell me about his career right here, right now! C'mon kid, choose the right destiny. It is over folks! Walker comes up with the big clutch field goal to win it! 13-10 opening day victory for the Aztecs!! Player of the game goes to LB Filipovic who had 11 tackles and 2 sacks on the day. We found out after the game that our QB, Promuto will be out for at least a few months with a severe spine injury. Ouch, that hurts us big time. We'll need to change our offense up a little since Long does not fit the system at all. He's more of a scramble kinda guy.. We'll figure it out, no problem. 1-0, baby! Welcome back Coach Mau!

[b]Week Two - Baylor @ SDSU (1-0)[/b] - Aztecs by 10 We're favorites for the second straight week and rightfully so. We might change things up this week a little bit with Promuto out and Lamar Carlson trying to prove that he wasn't a fluke two seasons ago when he ran for over 2000 yards. He's averaging over 6 YPC, so I may just have to give him a shot over Smith who did terribly last week. We do end up deciding that Carlson should get the nod. [b]1st Quarter[/b] We open up the game with the ball.. well, Carlson really opened up the game with the ball. The decision to start him paid off on our first play as he ran for 23 yards! The rest of the drive was pretty much all him as well as we ended up getting a 14 yard pass play to George Green for a quick 7-0 lead. Baylor answered back with a quick unstoppable drive of their own. Neither defense stepping up at all. 7-7 early on still. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Carlson continues his brilliance with some very nice runs. With over 10 minutes left to play in the half, Carlson already has 118 yards rushing. This all helped Bud Long run into the endzone for a touchdown to make it 14-7! Awesome. Carlson is no fluke!!! His ratings say otherwise, but his stats two years ago and today tell me different. Free Safety Joe Baker gets his first interception of the season as he takes the pick 17 yards to give us first and ten in the red zone. WR George Green picks up his second touchdown of the game as the defense was predicting a run from Carlson but instead it's a 4 yard touchdown pass. 21-7 with still over 10 to play in the half. Bud Long continues his brilliance as he leads our team down the field for three points, 24-7 with four to play in the half. Bud is 8 of 11 so far with 120 yards. Keyshawn Walker capitalizes the impressive drive with his second field goal of the day. 27-7 after the 39 yard field goal. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Carlson makes it 34-7 after just demoralizing the defense all the way down the field. It is his first touchdown of the high scoring game. Time to fast forward to the end, baby. 2-0! Carlson is not surprisingly the player of the game. He made up for not being the starter in the first game of the year by running all over Baylor for 320 yards! What a beast this guy is! He is a 3/4 but somehow, someway he just freakin' kills!!! It helps with 50+ carries, but he was averaging over 6 a carry again. [code] Baylor: 7, San Diego State: 34
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
Baylor
(0-1)
San Diego State
(2-0)
Team Statistics
BAY
SDSU
First Downs1032
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency3-1110-17
4th-down Efficiency0-01-1
Total Net Yards182509
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing125329
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing57180
   Completed-attempted
8-19
13-19
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
1-3
3-19
   Had intercepted
Punts-average7-39.12-39.5
Return Yardage11576
   Punts-returns
1-6
1-18
   Kickoffs-returns
5-109
1-25
   Interceptions-returns
1-0
3-33
Penalties-yards4-602-10
Fumbles-lost0-02-1
Touchdowns14
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points1-14-4
Field Goals0-12-3
Red Zone Efficiency1-1-100%6-7-85.7%
Time Of Possession22:0137:53
First Quarter
SDSU
TD
11:42
7-0
George Green 13 YD Pass from Bud Long (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
BAY
TD
06:50
7-7
Randy Scukanec 4 YD Run (Adger Spagnola Kick).
Second Quarter
SDSU
TD
13:31
14-7
Bud Long 9 YD Run (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
SDSU
TD
10:16
21-7
George Green 4 YD Pass from Bud Long (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
SDSU
FG
03:19
24-7
Keyshawn Walker 23 YD
Third Quarter
SDSU
FG
02:53
27-7
Keyshawn Walker 36 YD
Fourth Quarter
SDSU
TD
12:39
34-7
Lamar Carlson 3 YD Run (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
BAY PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB B. Metcalf
8/19
1-3
SDSU PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB B. Long
13/19
3-19
BAY RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB M. Donaldson
FB R. Scukanec
RB P. Satterwhite
QB B. Metcalf
SDSU RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB L. Carlson
RB T. Smith
QB B. Long
FB J. Mahan
BAY RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR V. Meade
WR J. Price
TE J. Dorsey
WR C. Watson
RB M. Donaldson
SDSU RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
RB L. Carlson
WR G. Green
WR M. Black
WR K. Barber
WR D. Lewis
FB J. Mahan
BAY O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG R. Davis
OG T. Harrison
TE J. Dorsey
SDSU O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG G. Counts
OT M. Carpenter
OG C. Spinney
OT E. Adams
C S. Wade
BAY FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
DE J. Costa
SDSU FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB L. Carlson
RB T. Smith
TE T. Tripplett
BAY KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K A. Spagnola
0/1
1/1
SDSU KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K K. Walker
2/3
4/4
BAY PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P K. Lyght
SDSU PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P J. Cloman
BAY KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR V. Meade
SDSU KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR J. McGee
BAY PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
FS K. Meade
SDSU PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
FS J. Baker
BAY DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB R. Bellini
11-1
ILB J. Wilson
6-6
FS K. Meade
6-5
SS Z. Nimmo
5-2
DE J. Costa
5-0
SS C. Bennett
3-5
OLB G. Dean
3-2
OLB J. Thaxton
3-2
CB S. Kelly
3-1
DE C. Owens
3-0
CB L. Lake
1-2
CB J. Wistrom
1-1
DE M. Wallace
1-0
OLB B. Studwell
1-0
SDSU DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
OLB B. Armstrong
6-2
OLB S. Filipovic
5-0
ILB T. Walker
4-1
CB L. Stevens
4-0
ILB S. Graham
3-2
DE C. Phillips
2-0
FS J. Baker
1-1
DT S. Mack
1-0
DT K. Greenwood
1-0
SS E. Pruitt
1-0
CB B. Hodgins
0-2
DT P. Craft
0-1
Player of the Game
Lamar Carlson, Running Back
AT
Yards
TD
LNG
REC
Game Information
Attendance: 48,435
Temperature: 81
Weather: Sunny and clear
[/code]

[b]Week Four - 2-0 SDSU @ 1-1 Colorado State[/b] - Rams by 5 in this one... We're forced to start Carlson for sure this week, because Todd Smith is out for three weeks with academic problems along with leading wide reciever, George Green. But its not so much a problem since we're pretty deep at both positions, especially with the week Carlson had last week. The worst news is, is that we may have lost our backup quarterback, Bud Long, who actually had a great game last week.. We're going to make it a game time decision on whether or not he'll play; he's got a torn tendon in his finger. This is not a good way to open up conference play. [b]1st Quarter[/b] Because I feel we have no other option, I have went ahead and started Bud Long against doctors suggestions. Midway through the first quarter we Aztecs score first with a field goal from the consistent kicker of ours. 3-0. The rest of the quarter goes quietly as our defense continues to dominate the game but our offense isn't doing a whole lot. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Keyshawn Walker makes it 6-0 with another field goal with that reliable foot of his. The drive ended at the four yard line where we had to kick the field goal this time rather than turning it over on downs like we did last time on the three yard line. Oh, well. CSU strikes back big with a touchdown on a 53 yard touchdown pass. 7-6, 10 minutes to go in the half. Thankfully Carlson's legs were there to help us regain the lead. A 52 yard touchdown run gives us a 13-7 lead. Walker continues to impress with his freshman leg. I haven't had a real reliable kicker in a long time. It's nice to have one for once.. 16-6 with four to play in the half. Colorado State gets the last shot at a score before halftime and a big 55 yard gain set them up for a touchdown to make it a 2 point game, 16-14. Halftime. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] The Rams continue to have our number as they start the second half off with a field goal to take a one point lead 17-16. 20-16 as CSU gets another field goal. We close out the third quarter with yet another field goal, hopefully we'll finally get a touchdown so we can put this game away once and for all. 19-20, CSU [b]4th Quarter[/b] We finally make a nice defensive stand, but Bud Long has to go and ruin that with an interception. Ah, well, twelve to play and we're only down one. The defense comes up with an interception of their own! A 52 yard pass and catch gives us a touchdown, but a failed two point conversion leaves us with a 5 point lead. WR John McGee was on the receiving end of that pass from Bud Long who has battled through his torn tendon in his finger to have a decent game! Just seven minutes to play and to hold this lead! Our defense comes up strong and both teams will punt it back and forth twice each before it comes down to the final drive of the game with 1:22 left on the clock! CSU ball on their own 20 yard line, so they have to go 80 yards for the win. There was only one little scare as our defense was up to the task of shutting down the Rams offense to close out the game and give us a 25-20 victory in our first conference game of the season! We go 3-0! [code] San Diego State: 25, Colorado State: 20
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
San Diego State
(3-0)
Colorado State
(1-2)
Team Statistics
SDSU
CSU
First Downs1818
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency8-175-15
4th-down Efficiency0-10-1
Total Net Yards335413
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing141122
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing194291
   Completed-attempted
17-34
18-38
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
0-0
1-2
   Had intercepted
Punts-average5-41.46-43.5
Return Yardage235107
   Punts-returns
5-84
1-9
   Kickoffs-returns
5-135
6-94
   Interceptions-returns
2-16
1-4
Penalties-yards3-386-55
Fumbles-lost2-00-0
Touchdowns22
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points1-12-2
Field Goals4-42-3
Red Zone Efficiency3-4-75%3-4-75%
Time Of Possession32:0028:06
First Quarter
SDSU
FG
06:46
3-0
Keyshawn Walker 28 YD
Second Quarter
SDSU
FG
13:15
6-0
Keyshawn Walker 22 YD
CSU
TD
10:31
7-6
Cannonball Davis 53 YD Pass from Jim Elias (Marques Gilbert Kick).
SDSU
TD
07:25
13-7
Lamar Carlson 52 YD Run (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
SDSU
FG
04:01
16-7
Keyshawn Walker 43 YD
CSU
TD
00:20
16-14
Steve Parker 1 YD Pass from Jim Elias (Marques Gilbert Kick).
Third Quarter
CSU
FG
09:59
17-16
Marques Gilbert 21 YD
SDSU
FG
00:10
19-17
Keyshawn Walker 26 YD
Fourth Quarter
CSU
FG
12:11
20-19
Marques Gilbert 21 YD
SDSU
TD
10:03
25-20
John McGee 50 YD Pass from Bud Long (2 Pts Failed)
SDSU PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB B. Long
17/34
0-0
CSU PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB M. St. Clair
14/33
0-0
QB J. Elias
4/5
1-2
SDSU RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB L. Carlson
QB B. Long
WR D. Lewis
CSU RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB K. Dominguez
RB B. Andrie
SDSU RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR K. Barber
WR J. McGee
RB L. Carlson
WR D. Lewis
TE T. Tripplett
FB J. Mahan
WR M. Black
CSU RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR J. Elam
RB K. Dominguez
TE C. Davis
WR F. Thompson
WR S. Parker
WR D. Johnson
SDSU O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT M. Carpenter
OG G. Counts
OG C. Spinney
CSU O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT R. Mossoni
OG G. Shuler
OG K. Leftridge
C S. Moore
SDSU FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB L. Carlson
TE T. Tripplett
CSU FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
SDSU KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K K. Walker
4/4
1/1
CSU KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K M. Gilbert
2/3
2/2
SDSU PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P J. Cloman
CSU PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P N. White
SDSU KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR J. McGee
CSU KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
SS T. Kirby
WR M. Williams
SDSU PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
FS J. Baker
CSU PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR S. Parker
SDSU DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
OLB B. Armstrong
6-2
ILB T. Walker
4-2
OLB S. Filipovic
4-0
ILB S. Graham
3-3
FS J. Baker
3-2
SS E. Pruitt
3-2
CB A. Brunell
2-0
OLB J. Galimore
1-4
DE C. Phillips
1-0
CB L. Stevens
0-1
CB B. Hodgins
0-0
CSU DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
SS B. Lang
7-0
ILB J. Aldridge
6-1
OLB J. Rivers
5-1
FS J. Ellis
4-1
OLB J. Evans
4-1
DE J. Query
3-0
CB R. Dupree
2-1
ILB G. Kozlowski
2-0
CB J. McCaffrey
2-0
FS H. Cotton
1-1
CB T. Aikman
1-0
CB D. Warner
1-0
OLB J. Faison
1-0
DE J. Ballard
1-0
DE D. Hamdan
1-0
DT M. Jackson
1-0
Player of the Game
AT
Yards
TD
LNG
REC
Game Information
Attendance: 20,991
Temperature: 82
Weather: Overcast
[/code]

[b]Week 4 - 0-3 Cincinatti @ 3-0 SDSU[/b] - Aztecs favorites by 13 We're heavy favorites this week as Cincinatti pretty much sucks this year. That's all right, it'll still be a good learning experience for our players and coaching staff. We're not going to take them lightly either, by any means.. I've had too many games in the past where we took the team lightly and just blew up as a team.. Boo! Not today. Injuries continue to mount up as we get deeper and deeper into the season. A few defensive players are nursing injuries, a few which may sit out this game just because we've got conference games coming up in the next few weeks.. Those are more important. [b]1st Quarter[/b] The Aztec offense will be the first to score in this game, and on the first drive even! 7-0 as Long connects with Mike Black for the touchdown pass and catch. Carlson stepped it up a notch too on the drive, not so much last week though. After a fourth down conversion for the Bearcats, they have to settle for a field goal to make it 7-3 with a few minutes to play in the first quarter. A nice kick return to the Cats side of the field allows for us to run two running plays with Carlson, that went nowhere mind you. But the following play was a screen pass to Carlson again and that turned into a 45 yard touchdown play! 14-3 as we head into the second quarter. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Touchdowns. Touchdowns. Touchdowns. That's all we'll do today says Coach Mau. It took three plays to get our next touchdown as well. The first two plays were unsuccessful runs by Carlson and on the third play, a simple short route turned into a 72 yard touchdown to Kevin Barber! 21-3 as we start to cruise along to victory. But its not over yet, of course. It didn't take us three plays the next time to score, but Keyshawn Walker did nail another field goal for us, this one from 40+ yards out. Nice. 24-3. After a punt back to within our five yard line, the Bearcats get some momentum going into half time as they safety us for two points. 24-5. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Momentum, schmomentum. We continue to dominate and Bud Long continues to impress. Bud Long is now benched after connecting with TE Triplett for his fourth touchdown pass of the day. 31-5, but then a few quarter later, backup quarterback Waters connected with Mike Black for his second touchdown reception of the game. 38-5. Cruising along now baby and that would be all she wrote, folks. 38-5 victory of a pretty helpless Cincinatti team. Bud Long was the POG, 4 touchdown passes. [code] Cincinnati: 5, San Diego State: 38
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
Cincinnati
(0-4)
San Diego State
(4-0)
Team Statistics
CIN
SDSU
First Downs1520
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency7-188-15
4th-down Efficiency0-00-0
Total Net Yards290461
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing84156
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing206305
   Completed-attempted
17-34
16-23
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
2-6
1-5
   Had intercepted
Punts-average10-39.35-45.4
Return Yardage14580
   Punts-returns
2-10
2-8
   Kickoffs-returns
6-135
2-72
   Interceptions-returns
0-0
1-0
Penalties-yards7-606-50
Fumbles-lost1-11-1
Touchdowns05
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points0-05-5
Field Goals1-11-1
Red Zone Efficiency1-3-33.3%1-2-50%
Time Of Possession32:1827:43
First Quarter
SDSU
TD
08:07
7-0
Mike Black 5 YD Pass from Bud Long (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
CIN
FG
01:18
7-3
Earl Baker 37 YD
SDSU
TD
00:00
14-3
Lamar Carlson 45 YD Pass from Bud Long (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
Second Quarter
SDSU
TD
11:33
21-3
Kevin Barber 72 YD Pass from Bud Long (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
SDSU
FG
05:37
24-3
Keyshawn Walker 44 YD
CIN
SAF
02:50
24-5
James Gross stuffed Lamar Carlson in the end zone for a safety.
Third Quarter
SDSU
TD
12:00
31-5
T.J. Tripplett 35 YD Pass from Bud Long (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
Fourth Quarter
SDSU
TD
05:38
38-5
Mike Black 22 YD Pass from Charles Waters (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
CIN PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB J. Namath
16/30
2-6
QB L. Mack
1/4
0-0
SDSU PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB B. Long
11/17
1-5
QB C. Waters
5/6
0-0
CIN RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB B. Edwards
WR J. Zellars
RB T. Waters
QB J. Namath
SDSU RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB L. Carlson
QB B. Long
RB D. Bennett
FB J. Mahan
WR M. Black
QB I. Meade
QB C. Waters
CIN RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
TE T. DeLeone
WR L. Dixon
WR J. Zellars
WR W. Fenderson
RB B. Edwards
WR R. Gooch
SDSU RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR K. Barber
WR M. Black
RB L. Carlson
TE T. Tripplett
WR D. Lewis
FB J. Mahan
CIN O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT C. Hape
OG D. Mills
OT J. Troup
C M. Smith
C M. Meier
SDSU O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG G. Counts
OT M. Carpenter
OT E. Adams
C S. Wade
OG C. Spinney
CIN FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB B. Edwards
OLB J. Gross
SDSU FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB L. Carlson
OLB B. Armstrong
CIN KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K E. Baker
1/1
0/0
SDSU KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K K. Walker
1/1
5/5
CIN PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P M. Graham
SDSU PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P J. Cloman
CIN KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
CB B. Peppers
SS J. Newman
SDSU KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR J. McGee
CIN PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
CB M. Porter
SDSU PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
FS J. Baker
CIN DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
SS T. Parker
6-0
OLB J. Gross
5-3
OLB J. Blanchard
5-1
FS P. Milanese
4-1
DE C. Thornhill
4-0
ILB P. Laidlaw
3-3
FS G. Hebert
2-3
SS J. Newman
2-1
CB G. Trufant
2-1
CB B. Peppers
1-1
DE S. Young
1-0
DE C. White
1-0
SDSU DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
OLB B. Armstrong
6-1
ILB S. Graham
6-0
FS J. Baker
5-4
ILB T. Walker
5-2
OLB J. Galimore
4-1
SS E. Pruitt
3-4
CB B. Hodgins
3-1
CB L. Stevens
2-1
DT J. Simmons
2-0
DE C. Phillips
1-0
CB A. Brunell
0-1
Player of the Game
Bud Long, Quarterback
CP/AT
Yards
TD
INT
RUSH
11/17
Game Information
Attendance: 47,978
Temperature: 70
[/code]

[b]Notes on Season[/b] We're 5 weeks into the season and we're 4-0! But as always, there is one team that we always had a tough time beating and that was UTAH! They always had a good team and this year is no different. They're keeping pace with us so far at 4-0. We'll be playing them in a few weeks, during week 9. Hopefully we can stay undefeated; it shouldn't be too tough a task. While Carlson is getting tons of yards, he's still missing tons of holes that our offensive line is creating. He's missed five holes this season already while creating none. But, he's still getting the job done for us, so I can't be too mad about it. WR George Green will be back this week from grades. Bud Long is 100%, and raring to go! Hopefully he can continue to stay hot. Our defense is ranked seventh in the country while our offense isn't doing too bad either at #37. Time to face the rest of our conference schedule, starting off with 2-2 Texas Christian.

[b]Week 6 - 2-2 TCU @ 4-0 SDSU[/b] - TCU by 6 TCU has not played well so far this season, but that might be because they faced #12 Colorado earlier in the season and got killed 54-7... but they also lost to BYU who is just about as average as you can get. But, we'll see with today's game! We're starting to get some love in the polls, too, by the way. In the Computer Poll we're #12, but in GDCS we're 25. Give it time, give it time. [b]1st Quarter[/b] Not a good start. Literally. TCU opens up with a 79 yard touchdown run on our defense. What the hell happened guys? 7-0, very early on. Not a good start for our offense as we lose three yards and go three and out. Sheesh. Is TCU underrated? We'll find out soon enough. Well at least we made 'em take four plays to score the touchdown this time. 69 yards, 4 play drive for TCU to make it 14-0 in another quick hurry. What the hell do they want from us!? *cry* We're down to -9 yards on the day as we go three and out again........ WHEW! WE stop them at the one yard line, but they still get three points to make it 17-0 with five to go in the first quarter still. So sad. We finally get a first down, but that's about it before we have to punt it away for the third time in the quarter. 24-0 as TCU gets on the board again before the first quarter comes to and end. WOW. Their offense is good, our defense is bad. Sheesh. What a reality check for our young boys. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Are we alive and kicking again? 24-7 as Mike Black catches a 5 yard pass from Bud Long for the touchdown. A nice drive for us, finally. Let us force a punt for once. Yay, we do just that as we get the ball back on the 9 yard line after the 3 n' out. Oooh, boy. Carlson is going to be benched as he's a fumble machine, it's his fifth fumble on the season and the third he's lost to the other team... and this time it really cost us as they picked it up and ran it back three yards for a touchdown. 31-7 just like that. Just when we were trying to come back a little. It's 41-7 at the half. I'm just going to get this one over, sadly... [b]2nd Half[/b] Horrible horrible game. 54-14 is the final score as we get KILLLLLLED against the Horned Frogs. There was no hope whatsoever since the stupid fumble. So much for a great defense too, we gave up 623 yards.. and we barely gained a third of that. Lets hope our guys are willing to forget this game, because they should. [code] Texas Christian: 54, San Diego State: 14
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
Texas Christian
(3-2)
San Diego State
(4-1)
Team Statistics
TCU
SDSU
First Downs3415
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency8-147-14
4th-down Efficiency0-00-0
Total Net Yards623250
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing29161
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing332189
   Completed-attempted
29-38
15-32
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
2-9
7-25
   Had intercepted
Punts-average1-477-39.4
Return Yardage101106
   Punts-returns
2-17
0-0
   Kickoffs-returns
3-76
6-106
   Interceptions-returns
2-8
1-0
Penalties-yards3-179-69
Fumbles-lost1-03-2
Touchdowns52
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points6-62-2
Field Goals4-50-0
Red Zone Efficiency6-8-75%2-2-100%
Time Of Possession32:1327:47
First Quarter
TCU
TD
14:34
7-0
Lee Williams 79 YD Run (Dan Henderson Kick).
TCU
TD
11:25
14-0
Lee DeLamielleure 28 YD Pass from Rob Bellini (Dan Henderson Kick).
TCU
FG
05:35
17-0
Dan Henderson 19 YD
TCU
TD
01:33
24-0
Keith Cumby 20 YD Pass from Rob Bellini (Dan Henderson Kick).
Second Quarter
SDSU
TD
12:56
24-7
Mike Black 5 YD Pass from Bud Long (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
TCU
TD
10:16
31-7
3 YD Fumble Return by Bruce Walker (Dan Henderson Kick).
TCU
TD
06:08
38-7
Lee Williams 6 YD Run (Dan Henderson Kick).
TCU
FG
00:11
41-7
Dan Henderson 36 YD
Third Quarter
TCU
FG
12:14
44-7
Dan Henderson 33 YD
TCU
TD
04:41
51-7
Lee DeLamielleure 13 YD Pass from Art Justin (Dan Henderson Kick).
SDSU
TD
02:27
51-14
Kevin Barber 14 YD Pass from Bud Long (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
Fourth Quarter
TCU
FG
11:20
54-14
Dan Henderson 40 YD
TCU PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB R. Bellini
14/17
1-4
QB A. Justin
12/15
0-0
QB G. Tucker
3/6
1-5
SDSU PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB B. Long
15/31
6-20
QB C. Waters
0/1
1-5
TCU RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB K. Cumby
RB L. Williams
FB P. Thomas
QB G. Tucker
SDSU RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB L. Carlson
QB B. Long
RB D. Bennett
TCU RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR L. DeLamielleure
WR M. Flatley
RB K. Cumby
TE M. McDaniel
WR C. Small
FB P. Thomas
RB L. Williams
WR B. Wright
WR L. Rutkowski
SDSU RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR G. Green
WR K. Barber
WR M. Black
WR D. Lewis
TE T. Tripplett
FB J. Mahan
RB L. Carlson
TCU O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT D. Williams
C R. Stanfel
OG B. Mazurek
OT J. Willis
TE M. McDaniel
TE S. Barton
SDSU O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT M. Carpenter
OT E. Adams
OG G. Counts
OG C. Spinney
C S. Wade
TCU FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
FB P. Thomas
FS B. Walker
OG D. Lewis
SDSU FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
QB B. Long
C S. Wade
TCU KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K D. Henderson
3/4
6/6
SDSU KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K K. Walker
0/0
2/2
TCU PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P P. Tuttle
SDSU PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P J. Cloman
TCU KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR C. Small
SDSU KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
FS J. Baker
WR J. McGee
RB J. Nomellini
TCU PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
CB B. Whitted
SDSU PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
TCU DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
FS A. Brown
6-1
ILB B. Campbell
4-2
SS T. Banta-Cain
4-1
DE D. McAllister
4-0
FS B. Walker
4-0
OLB B. Sikahema
3-1
OLB K. Muncie
3-0
DE K. Hall
2-0
DT R. Pucillo
2-0
CB G. Brown
1-1
CB B. Whitted
0-1
SDSU DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
OLB B. Armstrong
7-4
FS J. Baker
7-1
OLB S. Filipovic
6-5
SS E. Pruitt
6-2
ILB S. Graham
4-0
CB A. Brunell
3-1
ILB T. Walker
3-0
CB B. Hodgins
2-1
DE A. Morin
2-0
OLB J. Galimore
1-0
DE C. Phillips
1-0
FS J. Stephens
1-0
DT S. Mack
0-1
CB V. Hope
0-1
CB L. Stevens
0-1
Player of the Game
Keith Cumby, Running Back
AT
Yards
TD
LNG
REC
Game Information
Attendance: 48,027
Temperature: 70
[/code]

[b]Week 7 - 2-4 BYU @ 4-1 SDSU[/b] - SDSU by 5 Promuto is still 7-8 weeks out from full recovery, so we're looking at having him for the bowl game at best, but we'd be weary on whether he'd start that game even. Long seems to be doing an okay job for us so far this year, so... we'll see. [b]1st Quarter[/b] Our defense played like they did for the first four games of the year.. at least on the first drive they did. Carlson opened up the game with a bang.. a 58 yard run. But the drive ends abruptly on a Bud Long interception. We tried catching the defense off-gaurd but, uh, it didn't work. After a few changes in possession, the Cougars are the first on the board with a field goal from 49 yards out. 3-0 with five minutes to play in the first quarter yet. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] BYU starts off the second quarter with another field goal to take a 6-0 lead. If we don't start doing something on offense we're going to be stuck with our second loss in a row. 9-0 after yet another field goal for BYU. We finally get a chance at some points on a 39 yard field goal try on 4th and 6.. We miss it but BYU is offsides and we accept the penalty, of course. Now a tough decision. We decide to go for it and we come up with no yards which means we turned it over on downs.. Yay! What a great game so far. Sheesh. On the first play of BYU's drive, they throw an interception, giving us the ball right back on the 31 yard line. Three plays later we give Walker another shot to redeem himself and he does just that with a 43 yard field goal. 9-3 with four to play in the half. We get the ball back and we run down the field with Carlson's legs, but we have to settle for a 35 yard field goal which ends up being called back because of a silly penalty, but thankfully Walker knocks in the 40 yarder to make it 9-6 in this field goal fest. Under a minute to go til halftime. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Here we go. Time to show America what we're all about. We cannot do the same thing we did in the first half or we're going to be in trouble. However, we did outgain them 200 to 148 in the first half, we just didn't come up with any big plays in the redzone. We open up the half with a three and out on offense, but our defense gets the ball right back by forcing a fumble and recovering it deep in BYU's territory! 1st and 10 on the 22 yard line. After two losses we went to the air a little deeper and completed a 25 yard pass to put us on the one yard line where we ran three straight times with Carlson and FINALLY got into the endzone and FINALLY took the lead, 13-9. Our defense comes up with another three and out and our offense takes over but within the ten yard line, backup quarterback, Waters throws his first pick of the game. Bud Long has been out since halftime with an injury. What a whacked up play.. A huge gain for BYU turns into a huge gain for us. After running it all the way down to the 10 yard line, our defense poked out the ball, picked it up and ran it back into BYU territory to the 34 yard line after a 58 yard fumble recover return! Wow. Lets get some points before the fourth quarter.. three minutes to go. [b]4th Quarter[/b] We obviously didn't score before the fourth quarter like we wanted, but our defense continues to play pretty well. Waters continues to do well enough for us at quarterback which he set Carlson up for a 32 yard run for a touchdown. Carlson has 33 carries for 168 yards on the day. A decent game for the kid. But he still fumbles way too much. 20-9 with 10 minutes to play in the game. Joe Baker continues to play very well on defense, picking up another interception putting us with the ball on the BYU 20 yard line. We're looking to put the game away right here, right now. It doesn't put the game away, but it allows us to be a little more comfy, Walker nails his third field goal of the game to make it 23-9 with 8 minutes to play. With just over a minute to go, BYU comes up with a big play, scoring on a 38 yard pass and setting themselves up for a chance to get back in it with an onside kick. But they don't get the onside kick so that pretty much ends it. And it does end. 23-16 final score. We move to 5-1 on the season as we head into a bye week before we face the best team of the season, Utah. Carlson was the POG, with 181 yards and two touchdowns. [code] Brigham Young: 16, San Diego State: 23
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
Brigham Young
(2-5)
San Diego State
(5-1)
Team Statistics
BYU
SDSU
First Downs1716
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency6-166-17
4th-down Efficiency1-30-0
Total Net Yards369359
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing63176
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing306183
   Completed-attempted
22-43
16-26
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
2-16
1-5
   Had intercepted
Punts-average6-36.25-37.4
Return Yardage136139
   Punts-returns
3-17
3-24
   Kickoffs-returns
4-100
4-77
   Interceptions-returns
2-19
2-38
Penalties-yards7-405-37
Fumbles-lost5-21-0
Touchdowns12
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points1-12-2
Field Goals3-33-3
Red Zone Efficiency1-3-33.3%3-4-75%
Time Of Possession27:4632:14
First Quarter
BYU
FG
05:09
3-0
Al McAdoo 46 YD
Second Quarter
BYU
FG
14:35
6-0
Al McAdoo 39 YD
BYU
FG
10:09
9-0
Al McAdoo 31 YD
SDSU
FG
04:20
9-3
Keyshawn Walker 43 YD
SDSU
FG
00:49
9-6
Keyshawn Walker 40 YD
Third Quarter
SDSU
TD
10:02
13-9
Lamar Carlson 1 YD Run (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
Fourth Quarter
SDSU
TD
10:32
20-9
Lamar Carlson 32 YD Run (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
SDSU
FG
07:38
23-9
Keyshawn Walker 31 YD
BYU
TD
01:03
23-16
Jim Richardson 34 YD Pass from Larry Loville (Al McAdoo Kick).
BYU PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB L. Loville
22/43
2-16
SDSU PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB C. Waters
15/23
1-5
QB I. Meade
1/1
0-0
QB B. Long
0/2
0-0
BYU RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB M. Russell
RB M. Romanowski
FB J. Stone
QB L. Loville
SDSU RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB L. Carlson
QB B. Long
BYU RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR J. Richardson
WR R. Rice
WR F. Cheek
TE K. King
WR P. Stabler
RB M. Russell
RB M. Romanowski
SDSU RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR G. Green
WR K. Barber
WR M. Black
TE T. Tripplett
RB L. Carlson
BYU O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT C. Casares
OG G. Sims
OT K. Mossoni
C D. McDonald
OG D. Denson
SDSU O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG G. Counts
OT L. Cook
OG C. Spinney
C S. Wade
BYU FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB M. Romanowski
WR F. Cheek
WR R. Rice
RB M. Russell
WR J. Richardson
OT C. Casares
QB L. Loville
SDSU FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB L. Carlson
DE A. Morin
OT M. Carpenter
OLB B. Armstrong
BYU KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K A. McAdoo
3/3
1/1
SDSU KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K K. Walker
3/3
2/2
BYU PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P L. Blundin
SDSU PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P J. Cloman
BYU KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
CB M. Shaw
SDSU KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
FS J. Baker
WR J. McGee
BYU PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
CB M. Scott
SDSU PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
FS J. Baker
WR G. Green
BYU DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
SS F. Sipe
11-0
ILB L. Harris
8-3
DE B. Thornton
6-0
FS E. White
4-2
CB M. Scott
4-2
OLB K. Griffin
3-4
OLB K. Johnson
3-0
DT G. Denny
1-0
ILB A. Jones
1-0
SS A. Easley
0-1
CB M. Hovan
0-0
CB L. Stephens
0-0
SDSU DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
OLB S. Filipovic
7-3
ILB T. Walker
6-2
OLB B. Armstrong
5-4
FS J. Baker
5-2
ILB S. Graham
2-3
CB B. Hodgins
1-1
DT S. Mack
1-0
DE C. Phillips
1-0
SS E. Pruitt
0-2
CB L. Stevens
0-1
Player of the Game
AT
Yards
TD
LNG
REC
Game Information
Attendance: 48,723
Temperature: 78
[/code]

[b]Week 9 - 5-1 San Diego State @ 6-0 Utah[/b] - Utah by 20 If we were underdogs to TCU by 5 points, being 20 to Utah doesn't leave me with too high of hopes. But, uh, we'll give it our best shot of course. If we can win this game, we'll be in good shape to win the conference... but lets not get ahead of ourselves here. We get our academic problems taken care of and Smith will be backing up Carlson for the time being.. at least until he fumbles it. Promuto is still a month away from playing, so, too bad for him. He's missing out on the whole season, poor guy. [b]1st Quarter[/b] We're going to try keeping the ball on the ground most of the game along with keeping the passes short in order to pass time. Wow. This is exactly what we can use! Utah started out with the ball. The first play of the game, they took the hand off and ran for a few yards before fumbling it into the hands of LB Billy Armstrong who took it to the house! 7-0 after the 43 yard fumble return and extra point! We're under a minute into the game, so it's by far over. The Utah team has a verrrry good offensive line and verrrry good skill players to go along with them. We'll be happy to keep the game close, seriously. They're a BCS school type team. It's crazy; I forgot how good they've become. We had the lead for 11 minutes before Utah finally put together a stellar drive to tie the game. They actually had a good drive to start the game but our defense did just enough to stop them from scoring.. but not this time; they're just too good. And just before the first quarter comes to an end, Utah is able to get another touchdown to take the lead. 14-7. Our defense is just overmatched. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Our offense has gained 8 yards so far, and we just got done punting another one away after a 12 yard sack.. Yuck. Our defense comes up with a big interception to give us the ball back just a minute later. But the drive doesn't start out well as we get sacked for a big 9 yard loss. Sheesh, these guys are killers!! And on third and long they just proved it even more with an interception. Waters has entered the game for some reason... he's the one who threw the pick, not that it matters, Long has been pretty ineffective; besides I'm sure he got hurt on one of the sacks. And Utah will take three plays, 55 yards to score another touchdown. 21-7 as we get closer to halfway through the second quarter. I'm starting to get scared, to be honest.. LOL After 11 carries for a total of ONE yard, Carlson is being benched for the more talented Smith... maybe he'll be able to make something happen on offense. Utah will get another touchdown to make it 28-7 with four to play in the half still. This is starting to get embarrassing. We started out on such a great note too, but I shouldn't be surprised.. they're so much more talented than us. Still there is just under four minutes for us to come back. Holy cow, we get lucky. Well, I guess I shoud call it skill, after all, I am the coach. Just two plays into our drive, Waters connected with WR George Green for a 65 yard touchdown play! 28-14! Woot. Still, there is time for UTah to score on our asses again, sadly. That will be the end of the half for both teams.. Whew! We stay within striking distance of Utah as we head into halftime. Yay. We're getting killed in every phase of the game though. 285 to 68 in yards. Ouch. Lets hope that changes a little in the second half. Waters is 1 of 11, 65 yards, 1 touchdown. That needs to change, for sure. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Waters may have taken the last straw as the throws his second pick of the game.. may have to let Long play injured. And it will take Utah one play, 72 yards to make it a 21 point game again. Damn it. 35-14. Bummer, we had a chance to get three points with under six to play in the 3rd quarter, but Walker missed the 44 yarder. That would have been nice. Within minutes the game became over. 45-14 after two Utah scores and we're going to fast forward the rest of the game, barring a miracle. 52-21 would be the final score of this one, with Utah, of course, coming out on top. At least we scored three times. I guess I can be happy. [code] San Diego State: 21, Utah: 52
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
San Diego State
(5-2)
Utah
(7-0)
Team Statistics
SDSU
UTAH
First Downs1728
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency6-167-14
4th-down Efficiency0-00-1
Total Net Yards249577
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing86163
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing163414
   Completed-attempted
11-31
26-36
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
5-30
0-0
   Had intercepted
Punts-average7-43.35-42.8
Return Yardage175172
   Punts-returns
0-0
6-65
   Kickoffs-returns
7-171
4-110
   Interceptions-returns
1-4
2--3
Penalties-yards3-184-35
Fumbles-lost2-12-1
Touchdowns27
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points3-37-7
Field Goals0-11-1
Red Zone Efficiency1-1-100%7-7-100%
Time Of Possession30:0329:57
First Quarter
SDSU
TD
14:38
7-0
43 YD Fumble Return by Billy Armstrong (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
UTAH
TD
04:23
7-7
Henry Neumann 12 YD Pass from Bill Echols (Terry Evans Kick).
UTAH
TD
00:14
14-7
Charles Taylor 4 YD Run (Terry Evans Kick).
Second Quarter
UTAH
TD
09:21
21-7
Charles Taylor 1 YD Run (Terry Evans Kick).
UTAH
TD
03:50
28-7
Henry Neumann 14 YD Pass from Bill Echols (Terry Evans Kick).
SDSU
TD
02:50
28-14
George Green 65 YD Pass from Charles Waters (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
Third Quarter
UTAH
TD
12:47
35-14
Troy Faggins 72 YD Pass from Bill Echols (Terry Evans Kick).
UTAH
FG
38-14
Terry Evans 21 YD
Fourth Quarter
UTAH
TD
12:35
45-14
Henry Neumann 15 YD Pass from Bill Echols (Terry Evans Kick).
SDSU
TD
06:37
45-21
Todd Smith 1 YD Run (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
UTAH
TD
04:48
52-21
Charles Taylor 2 YD Run (Terry Evans Kick).
SDSU PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB C. Waters
5/17
2-21
QB B. Long
6/13
2-5
QB I. Meade
0/1
1-4
UTAH PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB B. Echols
26/36
0-0
SDSU RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB T. Smith
RB L. Carlson
QB B. Long
UTAH RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB C. Taylor
RB R. Lofton
QB B. Echols
WR D. Whitaker
SDSU RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR G. Green
WR K. Barber
WR M. Black
RB T. Smith
UTAH RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR H. Neumann
WR T. Faggins
WR P. Antwine
TE A. Fuller
RB C. Taylor
WR D. Whitaker
SDSU O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT L. Cook
OG G. Counts
C S. Wade
OG C. Spinney
UTAH O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG C. Urlacher
OT M. Shy
OG D. Fenney
OT B. Olson
C N. Anderson
SDSU FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB L. Carlson
WR G. Green
OLB B. Armstrong
UTAH FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB C. Taylor
WR T. Faggins
DT M. Lindsay
OG C. Urlacher
SDSU KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K K. Walker
0/1
3/3
UTAH KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K T. Evans
1/1
7/7
SDSU PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P J. Cloman
UTAH PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P C. Harkey
SDSU KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR J. McGee
RB J. Nomellini
UTAH KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
CB J. Graham
SDSU PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
UTAH PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
CB C. Williams
SDSU DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
OLB B. Armstrong
7-2
OLB S. Filipovic
6-2
ILB S. Graham
5-3
FS J. Baker
4-3
SS E. Pruitt
4-2
ILB T. Walker
3-2
CB L. Stevens
1-2
DE A. Morin
1-0
OLB J. Galimore
1-0
DT J. Simmons
1-0
FS J. Stephens
1-0
DT S. Mack
1-0
CB A. Brunell
1-0
CB B. Hodgins
0-3
UTAH DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
SS K. Davis
6-2
FS R. Dess
6-0
OLB J. McCrary
6-0
CB E. Maitland
4-1
DE J. Anderson
4-0
DE L. McGeoghan
3-1
CB B. Thornton
3-0
OLB J. Poole
2-2
CB J. Graham
1-0
CB C. Williams
0-1
Player of the Game
Henry Neumann, Wide Receiver
Rec
Yards
YAC
TD
LNG
Game Information
Attendance: 43,242
Temperature: 69
[/code]

[b]Week 10 - 3-4 UNLV @ 5-2 SDSU[/b] - Aztecs by 8 in this one Hopefully we can bounce back after that beating, much like we did when we lost to TCU a while back. Promuto is still going to be sidelined for at least another month it looks like. He may be able to see the field sooner, but probably not; depending on my decision, that is. UNLV hasn't done a whole lot this year, but at this point, neither have we. We're still a little ways from being competetive with the big boys. [b]1st Quarter[/b] Through ten minutes of the first quarter there has been nothing but punts. We've got no first downs while UNLV has picked up only one. Pretty sad so far. The rest of the quarter went down quietly as we finally picked up two first downs, but nothing else. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Long is sitting yet again due to his injury bothering him and Waters will come in relief. Carlson, too is about to be benched, 11 carries for 20 yards so far. But we'll give him another drive, maybe two, before Smith comes in. Finally we get into the endzone on a 9 yard touchdown pass to Carlson from Waters. 7-0. Midway through the second quarter. George Green makes it 14-0 after the defense was able to shut down UNLV once again. How did he do it? A punt return! He put on a few moves and took it 75 yards for the touchdown. With only 19 seconds left on the clock and 32 yards to go to the endzone, we decided to take another shot for six, and it paid off as George Green pulled in the pass and ran it in for six points from 32 yards out. 21-0 at the half as QB Waters has taken control of the game, offensively. He took the team 93 yards on 14 plays to close out the half. Excellent job. Glad to see us putting the hurt on an inferior team. Waters might start getting starts over Long from now on. We'll see. But really, the defense is the one that's in complete control of the game. They've allowed three first downs and allowing only 26 yards of offense for UNLV. Impressive. Very impressive. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] With just over a minute to play in the third quarter, the Aztec kicker, Walker, nailed a 38 yard field goal to make it 24-0 as we head into the fourth quarter. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Joe Baker picks up his fourth pick on the season as our defense continues to mutilate the Rebels offense. UNLV finally gets on the board with a nice drive that was capped off with a touchdown. 24-8 with ten to play. Smith will cap off his stellar 18 carry, 75 yard day with a touchdown, putting this one away for good. 31-8 with two minutes to play. Carlson may have lost his starting job for at least one week. A pretty sad showing from him against a pretty sad defense. We move to 6-2, 3-2 on the season as we head into the final three games of the year. [code] Nevada-Las Vegas: 8, San Diego State: 31
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
Nevada-Las Vegas
(3-5)
San Diego State
(6-2)
Team Statistics
UNLV
SDSU
First Downs926
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency3-149-20
4th-down Efficiency0-12-3
Total Net Yards173384
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing84115
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing89269
   Completed-attempted
10-34
21-36
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
1-6
6-35
   Had intercepted
Punts-average8-49.46-44
Return Yardage90131
   Punts-returns
4-36
4-84
   Kickoffs-returns
3-48
2-41
   Interceptions-returns
1-6
2-6
Penalties-yards3-251-15
Fumbles-lost0-01-0
Touchdowns14
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points0-04-4
Field Goals0-11-1
Red Zone Efficiency0-0-0%3-4-75%
Time Of Possession21:3938:21
First Quarter
Second Quarter
SDSU
TD
08:01
7-0
Lamar Carlson 9 YD Pass from Charles Waters (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
SDSU
TD
06:03
14-0
62 YD Punt Return by George Green (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
SDSU
TD
00:11
21-0
George Green 32 YD Pass from Charles Waters (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
Third Quarter
SDSU
FG
01:29
24-0
Keyshawn Walker 38 YD
Fourth Quarter
UNLV
TD
10:23
24-8
Terry Bishop 36 YD Pass from Darryl Combs (2 Pts - Jed Douglas Pass from Darryl Combs)
SDSU
TD
02:09
31-8
Todd Smith 1 YD Run (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
UNLV PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB D. Combs
10/34
1-6
SDSU PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB C. Waters
16/26
4-31
QB B. Long
4/9
2-4
QB I. Meade
1/1
0-0
UNLV RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB R. Porter
QB D. Combs
RB R. Ball
SDSU RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB T. Smith
RB L. Carlson
QB B. Long
QB C. Waters
UNLV RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR T. Bishop
WR J. Douglas
RB R. Porter
WR R. Young
TE B. Shepherd
WR J. Zofko
SDSU RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR G. Green
WR M. Black
WR K. Barber
RB L. Carlson
FB J. Mahan
WR D. Lewis
TE T. Tripplett
UNLV O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT J. Cropper
OG E. Morrow
C D. Lewis
SDSU O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG G. Counts
C S. Wade
OT E. Adams
TE T. Tripplett
OG C. Spinney
OG B. Baker
UNLV FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
SDSU FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
WR M. Black
OG C. Spinney
UNLV KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K T. Wilder
0/1
0/0
SDSU KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K K. Walker
1/1
4/4
UNLV PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P B. Hall
SDSU PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P J. Cloman
UNLV KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
RB K. George
SDSU KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR J. McGee
RB J. Nomellini
UNLV PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR R. Young
SDSU PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR G. Green
UNLV DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
FS K. Smith
9-1
SS D. Dockery
9-0
ILB K. Jackson
9-0
OLB B. Johnson
8-2
CB S. Northcutt
4-2
OLB E. Wallace
4-2
CB T. Shaw
3-3
FS H. Jones
2-1
DT L. Teteak
2-0
DT J. Childs
2-0
DE L. Fiedler
1-1
DE J. Harris
1-0
DT W. Kingsbury
1-0
DE M. Dottley
1-0
CB J. Wilson
1-0
SDSU DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB S. Graham
4-2
ILB T. Walker
4-1
OLB B. Armstrong
3-1
FS J. Baker
2-1
CB B. Hodgins
2-0
DT S. Mack
1-0
DE A. Morin
1-0
SS E. Pruitt
0-2
OLB S. Filipovic
0-1
DE C. Phillips
0-1
OLB J. Galimore
0-0
CB L. Stevens
0-0
Player of the Game
Damon Dockery, Strong Safety
TAK
SCK
INT
PD
TD
Game Information
Attendance: 50,746
Temperature: 65
[/code]

Sorry about the margins of these last few weeks.. I've been using notepad to write this on my laptop when I am without internet.. heh. I hope everyone is enjoying the comeback to the Aztecs as much as I am. Feel free to say "WELCOME BACK!" or something, letting me know I've got readers this time around. Hah! Anyhow, enjoy the rest of the show.

[b]Week 11 - SDSU(6-2) @ 2-8 Air Force[/b] - Aztecs by 10 in this one.. This is a game that our AD really wants us to win, and it shouldn't be too tough of a task as AF has been really down this year, including previous seasons, too. Smith will get the nod this week as the starting RB, but I won't hesitate if he goes 10 carries for 8 yards early on. We've lost LB Filipovic for 6-8 weeks, and that pretty much puts us at the bowl game, if not beyond it. Hopefully he'll be probably within a few weeks. Promuto is a little further into the healing process, but is still a few weeks away from having a chance to step on the field. [b]1st Quarter[/b] The Cougars take the first drive down the field into field goal territory where they missed the 46 yard field goal. Our ball and time to dominate..... I hope. Oops, hope went real far as Carlson fumbles it a few plays in and it will be AF ball in our territory. Our defense had to step it up a little and they did and held AF to three points as they take the lead midway through the first quarter. 3-0. After a brilliant kick return down to the three yard line of Air Force we thought it'd be easy to get into the endzone and that proved to be wrong as we get twenty yards in penalties to push us back to 4th and Goal for a 42 yard field goal try... but then we get another penalty, false start to make it a 47 yard try. *sigh* And Keyshawn Walker misses the field goal, I don't blame him though, I blame our offensive line. . Sheesh. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Our offense can't get anything going.. Nothing! That whole first quarter we went without a stinkin' first down. That will change! I'll bench all my starters if I have too! After a little pep talk to start the second quarter our offense started to turn it up a notch.. at least on the first play of the drive where they gained 12 yards for our first first down. Yay. We turn it over on downs as we made our way down the field.. it was turned over on the 32 yard line of AF. OH, well, we got to see some life in our offense. CB Hodgins gets a pick to put us at midfield to start our next drive! Nicely done. Walker ties up the game with a 44 yard field goal right down the middle of the goal posts.. 3-3 with seven minutes to go in the first half. We need to do more than this on offense if we want to win. LUckily our defense is showing up today. On third and 10 at the 48 yard line Air Force turned what looked like to be another three and out into a 52 yard touchdown gain instead. 9-3 AF leads as they miss extra point. Our offense gets all the way down to the five yard line were we have to settle for another field goal, this one from 23 yards out. 9-6 as we near halftime, plenty of time though for Air Force to get some points... so we need to close out the half strong on defense and start off the second half with some points. Our defense not only stops them, they stop them on three quick plays, two of which were incomplete passes so the clock stopped twice for us and left us with just over a minute to get down the field while starting at the 26 yard line... and that was plenty for Bud Long! Bud Long had three passes that were over 20 yards each and the fourth one resulted in a touchdown to Mike Black from 24 yards out to close out the first half! 13-9, and we'll get the ball back again to start the 2nd half. Too bad for the Cougs. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Air Force wasted no time as they score quickly and easily following our quick three and out. 16-13 still early on in the second half. After a turnover for each team, both deep in our territory we were able put together a great drive which started with Bud Long but ended with Waters who came in for Long because of injury... again. Waters completed a pass to Lewis for an 8 yard touchdown pass. 20-16 as we near the fourth quarter. [b]4th Quarter[/b] 23-20 as Air Force gets a touchdown to pretty much start the final quarter... our pass defense is getting mutilated despite the fact that I'm pretty much always in a pass defense. Errrgh... With seven to play and following a three and out for Air Force, we'll get another shot to get things going, starting at our own 26 yard line. The previous drive for us ended horribly after such a great start.. We were in field goal range until an 18 yard sack put us on the 39 yard line.. LOL Hoooorrrible mobility from Waters, apparently. Another big sack forces us to a three and out with just over five minutes to go. On third and 10 Air Force converted with under four to play so now we'll have to step it up big time and likely work a big part of the field. And that's what happens, we finally force them to punt with just under two to play and we'll take it at the 20 after the touchback. 1:40 left on the clock.. We need a field goal to tie and touchdown to win. C'mon Waters.. or should we let an injured Bud Long play.. Hmm.. Ouch, we went with Long and his first play he totally biffed up and threw a pick... Ugh, I guess he was a little cold from not playing the last two quarters. My fault, damn it. We still have a little life with three timeouts. Air Force gets a field goal with 55 seconds to play, but the games very STUPID GAME CLOCK ran down 18 seconds when its a damn field goal. When do field goals last that long.. and YES there was a timeout called on the prevoius play. That's my only beef with the game, to be honest. Happens a few times a year, and I complain, but nothing happens. So now instead of about 40 seconds to work with, we've got to go 71 yards within 30 seconds. **** You Bud Long. You've lost your job FOREVER, you ass wipe. He threw another pick. I figured with the good game he had in the first half, he'd be okay to pick it up again... I can't believe I trusted him twice. Ass munch. Game over, 23-16 as we fall to one of the worst teams in the conference. We move to 6-3. Pitiful. At least we've already sealed a bowl game, but still. That's pathetic. The AD is going to hate me when I go to his office later. [code] San Diego State: 20, Air Force: 26
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
San Diego State
(6-3)
Air Force
(3-8)
Team Statistics
SDSU
AIRF
First Downs2018
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency6-167-17
4th-down Efficiency0-10-1
Total Net Yards349350
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing50122
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing299228
   Completed-attempted
18-36
17-32
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
5-41
0-0
   Had intercepted
Punts-average6-38.86-45
Return Yardage234171
   Punts-returns
2-3
4-47
   Kickoffs-returns
6-212
4-104
   Interceptions-returns
1-19
2-20
Penalties-yards7-607-66
Fumbles-lost2-22-1
Touchdowns23
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points2-22-3
Field Goals2-32-3
Red Zone Efficiency2-4-50%3-3-100%
Time Of Possession30:0329:57
First Quarter
AIRF
FG
08:44
3-0
Carey King 37 YD
Second Quarter
SDSU
FG
06:49
3-3
Keyshawn Walker 44 YD
AIRF
TD
05:53
9-3
Dennis Davis 52 YD Pass from Hardy Milanese (Carey King Kick Failed).
SDSU
FG
02:22
9-6
Keyshawn Walker 23 YD
SDSU
TD
00:20
13-9
Mike Black 24 YD Pass from Bud Long (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
Third Quarter
AIRF
TD
11:04
16-13
George Gregg 2 YD Run (Carey King Kick).
SDSU
TD
00:58
20-16
Daryl Lewis 8 YD Pass from Charles Waters (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
Fourth Quarter
AIRF
TD
10:29
23-20
Dennis Davis 18 YD Pass from Hardy Milanese (Carey King Kick).
AIRF
FG
00:34
26-20
Carey King 42 YD
SDSU PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB B. Long
15/30
3-14
QB C. Waters
3/6
2-27
AIRF PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB H. Milanese
15/30
0-0
QB D. Baber
2/2
0-0
SDSU RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB T. Smith
WR M. Black
QB B. Long
RB L. Carlson
AIRF RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB G. Gregg
RB L. Csonka
FB W. McDonald
QB H. Milanese
SDSU RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR M. Black
WR G. Green
WR K. Barber
RB T. Smith
TE T. Tripplett
WR D. Lewis
AIRF RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR D. Davis
RB L. Csonka
WR D. Lloyd
WR C. Scott
RB G. Gregg
WR K. Kendall
SDSU O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG G. Counts
TE T. Tripplett
OT E. Adams
OG C. Spinney
C S. Wade
OLB J. Galimore
OT L. Cook
AIRF O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG L. Pucillo
TE D. Carroll
SDSU FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB L. Carlson
WR G. Green
DE A. Morin
AIRF FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
WR C. Scott
RB L. Csonka
DE J. Hammond
DE J. Hampton
TE D. Carroll
SDSU KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K K. Walker
2/3
2/2
AIRF KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K C. King
2/3
2/3
SDSU PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P J. Cloman
AIRF PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P L. Cappelletti
SDSU KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR J. McGee
FS J. Baker
TE T. Tripplett
AIRF KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
FS H. Bishop
WR B. Frazier
SDSU PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR G. Green
AIRF PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR K. Kendall
SDSU DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB T. Walker
7-1
ILB S. Graham
6-0
OLB B. Armstrong
5-5
SS E. Pruitt
4-3
FS J. Baker
4-2
CB B. Hodgins
3-2
OLB J. Galimore
3-1
CB L. Stevens
2-4
CB A. Brunell
1-0
DE C. Phillips
1-0
AIRF DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB P. Monroe
7-1
SS E. Lynch
6-0
DE J. Hampton
5-0
OLB R. Mitchell
3-2
FS H. Bishop
3-1
DE C. Washington
3-1
CB B. Sledge
2-4
FS D. Walker
2-1
CB D. Washington
1-1
DE J. West
1-0
DE H. Leaf
1-0
CB A. Boone
0-1
Player of the Game
Dennis Davis, Wide Receiver
Rec
Yards
YAC
TD
LNG
Game Information
Attendance: 31,455
Temperature: 55
[/code]

[b]Week 12 - SDSU (6-3)@ Wyoming (3-5)[/b] - SDSU by 7 We shouldn't have a tough time beating a team that has one of the worst offenses in the country. But WE shouldn't have had a tough time against Air Force last week, but we did, and lost. Utah picked up their first loss of the season last week, against TCU. Utah remains in first place though, with an 8-1 record. Smith will get the start this week again, despite a below average showing...I just can't stand the fact that Carlson has a great chance of fumbling it. [b]1st Quarter[/b] Bud Long gets us off to a good start.. well good enough to get us three points from Walker's leg. 3-0 after a good six minute drive to start the game. The defense comes up with a turnover after a decent start for Wyoming... 1st and 10 on our 11 yard line. Wyoming comes back with a field goal as the first quarter closes out to make it a 3-3 tie. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] George Green catches a pass from Bud Long from 20 yards out for a touchdown! 10-3 our lead. Just a few minutes later we get the ball back and march right back down the field for another touchdown. This one to Mitchell, for 56 yards from Long who is having a darn good game now. Still nine to play in the half though. With a few minutes to play in the half, we get another shot at some points and we do just that.. and just barely. We kept pushing the limits of the clock and with 10 seconds to go on the three yard line we pass one into the endzone as the time clock ran down to zero. 24-3 at the half. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Wyoming starts the half with a field goal to make it 24-6, not completely over, I guess but it's still not looking good for the Cowboys. Us Aztecs come storming down the field to make it 31-6 real quickly. Todd Smith scored the touchdown on this one. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Midway through the fourth quarter George Green puts this game away with a punt return of 69 yards. 38-6. Final score would be 45-20. A great game all around by all our players. 300+ yards for Long, 100+ yards for Smith... Woohoo! [code] San Diego State: 45, Wyoming: 20
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
San Diego State
(7-3)
Wyoming
(3-6)
Team Statistics
SDSU
WYO
First Downs2520
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency8-168-17
4th-down Efficiency0-01-1
Total Net Yards491368
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing156124
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing335244
   Completed-attempted
24-38
20-42
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
0-0
2-10
   Had intercepted
Punts-average7-39.17-31
Return Yardage197245
   Punts-returns
1-69
3-37
   Kickoffs-returns
4-102
7-208
   Interceptions-returns
2-26
0-0
Penalties-yards7-851-5
Fumbles-lost0-01-1
Touchdowns62
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points6-62-2
Field Goals1-12-2
Red Zone Efficiency4-5-80%2-2-100%
Time Of Possession30:1229:48
First Quarter
SDSU
FG
08:20
3-0
Keyshawn Walker 34 YD
WYO
FG
00:17
3-3
Lonnie Esiason 48 YD
Second Quarter
SDSU
TD
12:09
10-3
George Green 20 YD Pass from Bud Long (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
SDSU
TD
09:16
17-3
Delvin Mitchell 56 YD Pass from Bud Long (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
SDSU
TD
24-3
T.J. Tripplett 3 YD Pass from Bud Long (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
Third Quarter
WYO
FG
06:58
24-6
Lonnie Esiason 30 YD
SDSU
TD
31-6
Todd Smith 2 YD Run (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
Fourth Quarter
SDSU
TD
05:59
38-6
69 YD Punt Return by George Green (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
WYO
TD
04:20
38-13
Larry Vick 23 YD Run (Lonnie Esiason Kick).
SDSU
TD
01:50
45-13
26 YD Int Return by Billy Armstrong (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
WYO
TD
00:08
45-20
Ben Williams 3 YD Pass from Trevor Nattiel (Lonnie Esiason Kick).
SDSU PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB B. Long
24/37
0-0
QB C. Waters
0/1
0-0
WYO PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB M. Williams
17/35
2-10
QB T. Nattiel
3/7
0-0
SDSU RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB T. Smith
QB B. Long
RB L. Carlson
WYO RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB L. Vick
RB M. Rutgens
WR J. Young
FB M. Goode
SDSU RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
TE T. Tripplett
WR G. Green
WR M. Black
WR D. Mitchell
RB T. Smith
WR J. McGee
WYO RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR B. Williams
WR D. Hall
TE C. Lang
RB L. Vick
WR D. Davis
WR J. Young
RB M. Rutgens
WR J. Jarrett
TE R. White
SDSU O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG G. Counts
C S. Wade
OT L. Cook
OG C. Spinney
TE T. Tripplett
OT E. Adams
WYO O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT O. Campfield
OG V. Jefferson
OT T. Lachey
SDSU FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
ILB S. Graham
WYO FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB M. Rutgens
SDSU KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K K. Walker
1/1
6/6
WYO KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K L. Esiason
2/2
2/2
SDSU PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P J. Cloman
WYO PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P A. Gibbs
SDSU KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR J. McGee
WYO KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR D. Hall
WR B. Williams
SDSU PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR G. Green
WYO PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR J. Jarrett
CB D. Williams
SDSU DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
OLB B. Armstrong
7-3
ILB T. Walker
5-0
FS J. Baker
4-2
CB B. Hodgins
4-0
SS E. Pruitt
3-2
OLB J. Galimore
3-1
ILB S. Graham
3-0
DE A. Morin
2-0
CB L. Stevens
1-1
CB V. Hope
1-0
CB A. Brunell
1-0
DE C. Phillips
1-0
WYO DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
OLB C. Miller
6-1
FS W. Sauerbrun
4-4
ILB J. Harris
4-3
DE T. Clark
4-0
SS M. Price
4-0
CB G. Casares
3-3
ILB J. Carr
2-1
CB D. Williams
1-1
DE J. Mitchell
1-1
CB B. Sullivan
1-1
DE D. Larson
1-0
OLB R. Bryant
1-0
OLB A. Green
1-0
FS L. Schmidt
0-2
CB T. Young
0-1
Player of the Game
Bud Long, Quarterback
CP/AT
Yards
TD
INT
RUSH
24/37
Game Information
Attendance: 20,056
Temperature: 51
Weather: Slightly overcast
[/code]

[b]Week 13 – SDSU (7-3) @ New Mexico[/b] – SDSU by 6 The awards finalists came out this week and we don’t find a single one of our players on any of the lists, sadly. Oh, well. We really didn’t have that good of a season, so I understand. Promuto looks to be ready for the Bowl Game, I wish I could’ve used him in a game before that, but I’ll be happy to risk it in the bowl game, unless of course Bud Long has a great game this week against New Mexico. [b]1st Quarter[/b] Our defense finally makes a stop on the one yard line to force New Mexico to kick a field goal to make it 3-0 early on. Time for Long to make a case to start in the post season. Three penalties by our offensive line, including one unnecessary roughness forces us to only tie up the game rather than take a lead. 3-3 midway through the first quarter. LB Billy Armstrong comes up with a pick to give us the ball right back. We take partial advantage of the turnover as both backs help us get into field goal range. 6-3 as Walker’s leg continues to impress for the most part. That is the end of the first quarter. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] The lead extends to six as Walker knocks in another field goal for our struggling offense…well struggling enough, that is. They can’t put the ball in the endzone. New Mexico makes it 9-6 with the fifth field goal of the game. Crazy, we’ve had a game like this already this year… it was recent too, I think. Whatever, we’re winning, that’s all that matters, just under four to play before we head into halftime; where we’ll get the ball right back. Back to back scores for us would be great. Walker has a chance to make it a two field goal game again but missed the 40 yard try. Halftime it is, 9-6, our ball again. We were lucky to even have another shot. After New Mexico’s field goal we punted twice and they turned it over to us twice. We aren’t taking well enough advantage of the turnovers. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] We open up the half with our fourth field goal. Thanks Walker for at least making 75% of your kicks today. Hopefully we won’t need him anymore besides for extra points. To close out the third quarter, New Mexico gets their first lead of the game with a touchdown. 13-12 as we head into the fourth quarter. C’mon Long! A huge kick return down to the four yard line allows us to get an easy touchdown. Long connected with Green for the touchdown. 18-13 as we miss the two point conversion. Long connects with McGee for his second touchdown pass of the day, this one from 41 yards out! 25-13 with seven to play in the game. Wow, just when it seemed we were going to lose the lead again our defense came up with ANOTHER turnover. Crazy. The defense comes up with their SEVENTH pick of the game as we finish off the Lobos of New Mexico. Final score: 25-13. We finish the regular season with an 8-3 record and probably a matchup against a good power conference foe, in which we’ll have our hands full. We also finish the conference in third place, which is what the prediction was for us at the start of the season. It was actually a decent season for us, all things considered. We lost our starting quarterback and lots of skill players from academic problems to injuries. Crazy good season, actually. We missed out on one game that we should have won, but that’s the past! Can’t dwell on the past.. but, but, I want to dwell, damn it. I can’t believe we lost to Air Force. Guhhh. [code] San Diego State: 25, New Mexico: 13
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
San Diego State
(8-3)
New Mexico
(3-7)
Team Statistics
SDSU
UNM
First Downs1826
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency8-237-11
4th-down Efficiency2-20-1
Total Net Yards375438
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing119174
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing256264
   Completed-attempted
20-33
20-37
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
2-6
5-14
   Had intercepted
Punts-average4-43.52-42.5
Return Yardage153147
   Punts-returns
2-11
3-44
   Kickoffs-returns
3-126
6-103
   Interceptions-returns
4-16
0-0
Penalties-yards6-475-35
Fumbles-lost0-03-3
Touchdowns21
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points1-11-1
Field Goals4-52-2
Red Zone Efficiency4-5-80%2-3-66.7%
Time Of Possession31:0728:55
First Quarter
UNM
FG
10:28
3-0
Mike Brown 19 YD
SDSU
FG
04:48
3-3
Keyshawn Walker 35 YD
SDSU
FG
6-3
Keyshawn Walker 28 YD
Second Quarter
SDSU
FG
09:24
9-3
Keyshawn Walker 41 YD
UNM
FG
04:04
9-6
Mike Brown 39 YD
Third Quarter
SDSU
FG
04:02
12-6
Keyshawn Walker 25 YD
Fourth Quarter
UNM
TD
14:32
13-12
R.J. Reese 3 YD Pass from Kris Carlyle (Mike Brown Kick).
SDSU
TD
13:30
18-13
George Green 5 YD Pass from Bud Long (2 Pts Failed)
SDSU
TD
07:35
25-13
John McGee 41 YD Pass from Bud Long (Keyshawn Walker Kick).
SDSU PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB B. Long
20/33
2-6
UNM PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB K. Carlyle
19/36
5-14
QB D. Webster
1/1
0-0
SDSU RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB T. Smith
QB B. Long
RB L. Carlson
UNM RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB B. Hoerner
RB E. Pollard
FB J. Lewis
QB K. Carlyle
SDSU RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR G. Green
WR J. McGee
RB T. Smith
WR M. Black
TE T. Tripplett
FB J. Mahan
UNM RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR V. Tucker
RB E. Pollard
WR I. Kab
WR C. Slaughter
TE R. Reese
RB B. Hoerner
WR R. Maston
FB J. Lewis
SDSU O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG G. Counts
OG C. Spinney
OT L. Cook
C S. Wade
OT E. Adams
UNM O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT A. Wallace
TE R. Reese
OG R. Corey
OT R. Blackwell
C J. Chamblin
OG J. Trotter
SDSU FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
FS J. Baker
OG B. Baker
UNM FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB B. Hoerner
QB K. Carlyle
WR I. Kab
SDSU KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K K. Walker
4/5
1/1
UNM KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K M. Brown
1/1
1/1
SDSU PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P J. Cloman
UNM PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P N. McKibben
SDSU KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR J. McGee
UNM KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
RB D. Pihos
SS S. Farmer
RB E. Pollard
SDSU PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR G. Green
UNM PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR I. Kab
SDSU DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
OLB J. Galimore
7-0
ILB T. Walker
6-4
FS J. Baker
6-2
ILB S. Graham
6-2
OLB B. Armstrong
5-3
DT K. Greenwood
5-1
FS J. Stephens
2-2
CB B. Hodgins
1-3
CB L. Stevens
1-2
UNM DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB B. Leigh
7-1
OLB B. Johnson
6-2
OLB R. Lee
5-1
SS H. Reed
4-3
CB P. Green
3-4
DE S. Edwards
3-1
CB B. Carter
3-0
ILB J. Hill
2-2
DT D. Barber
2-1
FS K. Miller
2-1
DE F. Garcia
1-0
CB J. Taylor
0-1
Player of the Game
Kevin Greenwood, Defensive Tackle
TAK
SCK
HUR
STF
FF
Game Information
Attendance: 18,457
Temperature: 62
[/code]

While we had no real dominant offensive players, we still we able to get points on the board. Carlson led the team in rushing with just under 1000 yards, but he fumbled like a crazy man. Bud Long had a decent season, nothing special, but decent and the best we had this year, stats-wise. Promuto will likely get the start for the Bowl Game, but, we’ll probably rotate between Long and Promuto. It will be pending the performances of each quarterback over the next few weeks in practice. Despite missing out on two games, George Green was the leading wide receiver for us. 700 yards, and six touchdowns; leader in both for the team. On defense, LB Billy Armstrong was the defense MVP. He had two touchdowns, defensively, along with four interceptions, but it was FS Joe Baker who led the team in picks, with six. [code] Bowl Bound - 2016 San Diego State Aztecs Stats
San Diego State
Player Stats
Links: | Attributes | Depth Chart | Off/Def Ratings | Overview | Roster | Special Teams Ratings | Stats |
2016 Passing Stats
#POSNAMEGATTCMPCMP%YDSYDS/ATTTDINTLGGPBPSACKRATING
QB
Bud Long
55.1%
QB
Charles Waters
55.0%
QB
I.M. Meade
66.7%
QB
Randy Promuto
55.6%

2016 Rushing Stats
#POSNAMEGRUSHYDSYPGYPCTDLGCRMHFUMFLOST
RB
Lamar Carlson
RB
Todd Smith
QB
Bud Long
WR
Mike Black
RB
Dennis Bennett
WR
Daryl Lewis
FB
Jim Mahan
QB
I.M. Meade
QB
Charles Waters

2016 Receiving Stats
#POSNAMEGATTRECYDSYPGYPCYACTDLGGCDPDP%IR
WR
George Green
WR
Kevin Barber
WR
Mike Black
TE
T.J. Tripplett
RB
Lamar Carlson
WR
John McGee
RB
Todd Smith
WR
Daryl Lewis
WR
Delvin Mitchell
FB
Jim Mahan

2016 Offensive Line Stats
#POSNAMEGRBPNKSAHOLDFALSEMISSBL
OG
Chas Spinney
OG
Gary Counts
OT
Michael Carpenter
OT
Ed Adams
C
Shaun Wade
OT
Lonnie Cook
TE
T.J. Tripplett
OG
Bill Baker
C
David Williams
OLB
Jean Galimore
FB
Jim Mahan

2016 Kicking Stats
#POSNAMEGXPFG 1-29FG 30-39FG 40-49FG 50+FG%LONGPOINTS
K
Keyshawn Walker
32-32
8-8
6-7
6-10
0-1
76.9%%

2016 Punting Stats
#POSNAMEGPUNTSAVGNETTBIN20LONG
P
Jeff Cloman
K
Keyshawn Walker

2016 Kick Return Stats
#POSNAMEGRETYDSAVGLONGTD
WR
John McGee
FS
Joe Baker
TE
T.J. Tripplett
RB
Jim Nomellini

2016 Punt Return Stats
#POSNAMEGRETYDSAVGLONGTD
FS
Joe Baker
WR
George Green

2016 Defensive Stats
#POSNAMEGTAKSOLOASTSACKSTFHURDPPDINTDEF TDMISSTAKOOPBPA
OLB
Billy Armstrong
ILB
Travis Walker
FS
Joe Baker
ILB
Sheldon Graham
OLB
Steve Filipovic
SS
Eric Pruitt
CB
Brenden Hodgins
OLB
Jean Galimore
CB
Lethon Stevens
CB
Alexander Brunell
DE
Clarence Phillips
DT
Kevin Greenwood
DE
Avon Morin
DT
Sebastian Mack
FS
James Stephens
DT
Jim Simmons
CB
Vinny Hope
DT
Phillip Craft
DT
Adam Kircus
[/code]

[b]First Team[/b] Sr FS Joe Baker Sr LB Billy Armstrong It will be sad to see the both of them go; they had great careers here at San Diego State U. [b]Second Team[/b] So WR George Green – He’ll get a full season next year to show off his mad skills. Sr RB Lamar Carlson So OG Gary Counts Fr K Keyshawn Walker Sr DT Kevin Greenwood Fr SS Eric Pruitt [b]Bowl Bound[/b] We’ll be facing off with another team with an identical record to ours, 8-3 Miami(Ohio). Miami has a great, great offense, and a great, great defense. They’ll be tough to stop and do anything against. We’ll definitely have our hands full here, but hopefully in the end we’ll come out on top.

[b]Week 16 – 8-3 SDSU vs 8-3 Miami(Ohio)[/b] – Miami by 16. Ouch, Vegas isn’t giving us much of a chance against these guys, but we’ll surprise people, just you wait. Promuto will get the nod with a great practice this week, but like I said two weeks ago, Long will likely get some snaps too. Good luck to both teams. [b]1st Quarter[/b] Our defense comes up with a big three and out to start the ball game! Yeeesss! Our ball near midfield after a piss-poor punt from the Miami punter. Herrrrre we gooooooo, PROMUTOOOOO!!!! *no crowd noise* not surprisingly But we also go three and out with a rotten punt of our own, but it’s still Miami’s ball on their own 25 yard line. 7-0 after Miami marches down the field on our defense. There were a few chances for us to make a stop on third and long, we just couldn’t do it though. Here we go, Promuto. We get one first down before we have to punt it away, and the punt return is a good one from the Miami special teams to put us in our territory to start their next drive. Ruh-roh. 14-zip as we near the end of the first quarter. Miami’s offense didn’t have to go far and it didn’t have to do much thanks to a silly penalty on a second and long sack which would have made it third and very long; but instead a first down for Miami. Here comes the blowout? We’ll see. Time to give Long a few series’. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Having Long didn’t help much as our special teams game comes up horribly again allowing Miami to start on our 30 yard line and march 30 yards for a quick touchdown. 21-0. ****! Crikey, 5 to go til halftime and we’re already out of the game pretty much. 28-0. Our defense sucks today. At least this time they didn’t have a short field to work with, but this time around they were able to gain more yards than the previous touchdown drives. What happened to our opening drive defense? *sigh* Aaaaagh. Could anything go more wrong? Just as we were about to jump into the endzone for a touchdown, WR Black fumbles it on the two yard line to give Miami the ball. Hopefully we can safety ‘em or something. We get one more shot at a score before halftime and we come up short yet again. On the 28 yard line, we turn it over on downs after falling short on 4th and 2. Time to bring Promuto back in. Neither quarterback can find any holes in the defense so far. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Miami gets on the board first in the second half. 31-0. Bummer. Holy Cow! It’s Carlson who gets us our first score. Guess who’s playing the rest of the game until I get so pissed off after he fumbles it a few times. But we’ll see. 31-6 as the third quarter nears its end. [b]4th Quarter[/b] 43-6 is the final score in this absolute domination of Miami over our little measly SDSU squad. Well, minus this game, it was a pretty good season, in the grand scheme of things. We finish 8-4, which is nothing to be ashamed about. Next year we’ll be even better, so, lets move on. Pittsburgh finishes a great season on a high note. Pitt Killed USC 31-6 in the National Championship game to complete their undefeated season. Whoever won, would’ve been undefeated. Too bad for USC. Har har. [code] San Diego State: 6, Miami OH: 43
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
San Diego State
(8-4)
Miami OH
(9-3)
Team Statistics
SDSU
MIAO
First Downs1328
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency4-1410-17
4th-down Efficiency1-10-2
Total Net Yards291401
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing70212
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing221189
   Completed-attempted
15-41
18-23
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
2-11
1-3
   Had intercepted
Punts-average6-41.23-32.3
Return Yardage159108
   Punts-returns
2-25
5-65
   Kickoffs-returns
6-134
1-15
   Interceptions-returns
1-0
3-28
Penalties-yards5-364-30
Fumbles-lost2-10-0
Touchdowns15
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points0-04-5
Field Goals0-03-3
Red Zone Efficiency1-1-100%7-9-77.8%
Time Of Possession25:2434:37
First Quarter
MIAO
TD
06:36
7-0
Mitch Dooley 5 YD Run (Lee Groce Kick).
MIAO
TD
01:33
14-0
Jeremy Anderson 3 YD Run (Lee Groce Kick).
Second Quarter
MIAO
TD
11:56
21-0
Carroll Ross 8 YD Pass from Tom Graham (Lee Groce Kick).
MIAO
TD
05:52
28-0
Jason Gault 1 YD Pass from Rodney Williams (Lee Groce Kick).
Third Quarter
MIAO
FG
08:46
31-0
Lee Groce 29 YD
SDSU
TD
00:45
31-6
Lamar Carlson 14 YD Run (2 Pts Failed)
Fourth Quarter
MIAO
FG
12:17
34-6
Lee Groce 34 YD
MIAO
FG
02:09
37-6
Lee Groce 20 YD
MIAO
TD
01:13
43-6
14 YD Int Return by Todd Curry (Lee Groce Kick Failed).
SDSU PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB R. Promuto
14/30
0-0
QB C. Waters
1/6
1-8
QB B. Long
0/4
1-3
QB I. Meade