Trying to Use Real World Stuff

I just recently purchased this game after hearing about it on the OOTP forums. I've previously only played baseball sims, but have been a huge wrestling fan for 16+ years, so I figured I would give this game a try. I like a lot of the features, altho it seems to take a long time to advance in the game. I have downloaded a bunch of the varous mods (the New Members thread was mostly helpful). However I'm confused as to how some of this stuff works. I've read thorugh a number of the threads (40+ pages even!), so no flaming please. I have come across the FORC mod, and would like to use it, however the links on the main page download at less than 10k/s, which is brutal when I normally get stuff from rapidshare at 800k. Can anyone provide rapidshare links for all of these files in their most up to date versions? I've also seen several people recommend RaveX Live. From their forums, it sure seems like it's dead, but is this still a good one to use? Or should I stick to FORC? As for the various year-specific scenarios, can you just put any pics in there and they will link up, or what? I have tried a couple tests on TCP's 1993 scenario, but after failing to get over at all, I'm wondering about trying something more recent, like 1998 or 1997, or 1995. But can I just use the same pics for these or what? Finally, I'd really appreciate some recommendations for what you guys think are the "best" real life mods, pic packs, belts, logos, etc? Not having stuff like the New Members thread stickied really makes searching for this stuff difficult. While that specific thread is helpful, it seems to be quite dated. All help is much appreciated. Thanks guys!

You can use the same pictures you just have to have a copy of it in each mods People folder. It should auto link up as long as it is named the same as the persons name as if they were a free agent. (some have different names once cut like Lita=Amy Dumas)

BTW I just found panix's angle/storyline pack, quite good! Just what is needed for someone as uncreative/lazy as me :) Thanks for the info about the pics. As I read more it seems like TCP's mod is the best available. Now if only someone could give me some rapidshare links..... :)

TCP's 1993 and FORC mods are the best two mods out there. When I downloaded the FORC from the links he gives, I got the max download speed that I usually get. Also, if you are having trouble getting any mods to work, even the pictures and such, you should check out the Useful Threads in the general discussions forum.

Archived