Anyone catch Rhyno's TNA promo?

Trashbear

TNA opened up the show with Rhyno in the ring cutting a promo on how he turned down WWE/ECW's contract offer to stay in TNA. I was just wondering if anyone saw it, and what they thought? Personally, I thought it was one of the better promos I've seen of late. Rhyno really seemed to mean the things he said. I used to be sort of lukewarm to TNa, but they really seem to be moving up as of late.

how did it compare to Foleys promo on Ric Flair on this wek's RAW? That was an awesome segment. I know im a huge Foley fan but there are not many people who can articulate things as well as Foley, in my opinion he is one of, if not the best promo guy around

Foley is better at conveying more emotion and can tell a better story than Rhyno (is it back to Rhino now?), but Rhy(i)no's promo was pretty damn impressive. It just gets down to taste. I liked the R man because his wasn't born out of a storyline or anything.

I thought it was easily the best promo I've ever seen him cut, and one of the best I've seen out of anybody in a long time. That shouldn't be much of a surprise, though. All the best promos come from the heart, and Rhino was clearly shooting with a lot of his comments. Since the premier of the new "ECW" I've often though how hard it must be for the vets of the orginal to stand by and watch Vince take a big dump on their legacy. I think it's great that first the Dudleys and now Rhino have been given the mic time to call a spade a spade. Hard to believe that this is the guy that Vince once knocked as lacking intensity, isn't it? Rhino's not perfect; you can knock his ring work or his mic work (usually), or criticize his (allegedly) short temper, but what's NOT open to debate is that he is one intense dude. I'm glad he was smart enough to stick with a fed that will give him a chance to make the most out of his career.

Archived