TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

My only real wish now at this point is a full free-range narrative system. For example, I want to be able to create a narrative that let's say Jack Bruce leaves TCW. Also being able to make another narrative that if Jack Bruce joins SWF his lets say Charisma, Mic, Acting and Pop go up by X amount of points. Could use SCSA in the real world leaving WCW and joining ECW at a specific date than going to WWF at another specific date. Would be awesome to have more ability to control a world 

Each time I check I'm like "I wonder what Adam will throw at me next." Each time I'm surprised, and elated. I love stats and numbers, and title lineages, and etc etc. Because of this, I love longer games. Development reports let me see the young workers grow up.

Edited by Peria
  • Like 6

Everyone talking about long-term saves, and watching young workers grow from developmental etc., how do you actually do this? I struggle to have a developmental, because 3 years in it is full of guys with the default picture and it breaks the immersion

6 minutes ago, TL2011 said:

Everyone talking about long-term saves, and watching young workers grow from developmental etc., how do you actually do this? I struggle to have a developmental, because 3 years in it is full of guys with the default picture and it breaks the immersion

I just change their picture when they start to regularly have performances in the 30s or higher and maybe edit their bio if they seem good. Of course, I play with the C-Verse, so I can't comment on how players who use real-world mods do it.

Edited by TheDeep5ix
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Blessed said:

Feel like a media scrum is going to bring out the absolute worst in me, can't wait!

me too. I'm an honest brutal guy. so I will be playing as such. but I may throw in a few lies for fun.

15 minutes ago, TL2011 said:

Not sure if you use RW mods or the C-Verse but if you use C-Verse...

Takes some house keeping on your part. Generally, how I've done it is once I have someone that i have identified with potential to move up, I use the editor to change pictures, edit their bio, do what I need to do to fit them in better with the world. The ReRendering the C-Verse thread is wonderful for this. 

• Like 3

I’m really loving the Dev Logs so far, exciting to see so many new things!

I’d personally love to see an option to return to assigning a push to a worker, “Main Eventer” “Upper Midcarder” etc rather than the “Top Star” “Well Known” perception system. I preferred being in control of who sat where on the roster. 

47 minutes ago, TL2011 said:

because 3 years in it is full of guys with the default picture and it breaks the immersion

I mean it's just a picture that you can always change if you need to.  Plenty of resources around for that.  On the flip side of that argument... just look at how much John Cena changed between 2005 to... idk, 2017?  2018?   Or Hogan from the late 80s until the NWO turn?

44 minutes ago, ubernoobDXA said:

I mean it's just a picture that you can always change if you need to.  Plenty of resources around for that.  On the flip side of that argument... just look at how much John Cena changed between 2005 to... idk, 2017?  2018?   Or Hogan from the late 80s until the NWO turn?

I'm in c verse. Real world is fine, I just pull stuff from newer mods. Stupidly, I had no idea there were places you could get fresh cverse pictures.

1 hour ago, HighVoltage said:

Not sure if you use RW mods or the C-Verse but if you use C-Verse...

Takes some house keeping on your part. Generally, how I've done it is once I have someone that i have identified with potential to move up, I use the editor to change pictures, edit their bio, do what I need to do to fit them in better with the world. The ReRendering the C-Verse thread is wonderful for this. 

Thank you, had no idea about any of this.

Sorry guys, not been back playing for too long

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MegaCity1 said:

Going to manage my scrums better than irresponsible EVPs who couldn't manage a Target. *eats donut, Homer Simpson-like*

o no, thats my goal. HE CAN"T WORK AT A BURGER KING!!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MegaCity1 said:

Going to manage my scrums better than irresponsible EVPs who couldn't manage a Target. *eats donut, Homer Simpson-like*

4 hours ago, d12345 said:

Can't wait to do my best powdered substance Tony Khan impression in the media scrums

Reading these two close together is making me think donut sugar is a legal high.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SuperBooker420 said:

My only real wish now at this point is a full free-range narrative system.

Same. I'd like it to be linkable to traits rather than specific workers. For example, 'any worker with TV Actor attribute appears on a popular talk show, effect minor pop gain' (maybe further conditions like 'must be from Europe' to replicate real life awards or whatever), - and the AI picks which worker out of all eligible ones, then sticks to it with follow-up narratives. Also more options for effects, and less randomness with those. 'Worker with any addiction realizes they have a problem, speaks out about it (no effect)' --> 'Worker checks into rehab (worker becomes unavailable/goes into rehab, no cost to employer)' --> 'Worker beat addiction (returns from rehab, loses whichever addiction attribute they had)'. Instead of 'specific worker gains or loses random negative/positive attribute'.

On 7/11/2024 at 5:28 PM, chm39 said:

I've never made it to a save long enough for that to happen. I think my longest save is about 6 years.

Phew... I've had some Effverse saves go 70+ years. CVerse I've had some go 40-50. I recently picked up Mammoth's (absolutely amazing) 1970 Territory Daze mod and am creeping up on the year 2000.

All of these are edge cases and the new avatar setting doesn't affect most players. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Amyzyng said:

Phew... I've had some Effverse saves go 70+ years. CVerse I've had some go 40-50. I recently picked up Mammoth's (absolutely amazing) 1970 Territory Daze mod and am creeping up on the year 2000.

All of these are edge cases and the new avatar setting doesn't affect most players. 

Man I wish I had that level of commitment.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TL2011 said:

My pic folder is filled to the brim with a bunch of re-renders and free pictures. If it's my own save (where I'm actually playing for once) then I'll edit the pic and bio of someone I actually like and breathe some life into them. Sometimes its like that for young talent - they need the corporate hands to mold them into something that can be produced 😉

That brings me to another thing I hope to see in IX... the generated workers have really wonky stat distribution sometimes and I'd love to see this fine-tuned. Example being the hundreds of characters who come out with 90+ entertainment skills across the board but have single digit SQ... Or the workers with high athleticism but the rest of the physical stats suck. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Blessed said:

Feel like a media scrum is going to bring out the absolute worst in me, can't wait!

I remember in one of the old Football Manager titles ( I wanna say 2014) I'd just go on tirades against the umpires and constantly get my coach in deep sh--.

Edited by Big Roguey
swearing

39 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I remember in one of the old Football Manager titles ( I wanna say 2014) I'd just go on tirades against the umpires and constantly get my coach in deep sh--.

i wanna do that

Very hyped for this. Read the dev diary, and seems a lot of additions have gone into this. Most excited about the booking team additions.

A suggestion (and please note I've used the search function to check if anyone has but haven't seen a mention of this):

Please add the ability to assign TV Shows to a particular venue.

In TEW 2020, there was only the ability to assign an Event to a venue, but not TV Shows, which made real life mods (whether current or historical) not as accurate as they could have been - particularly if the companies were under CPU control. CWA Memphis studio wrestling would take place outside of the WMC TV studio. Crockett era 6:05 Saturday World Championship Wrestling outside of the Techwood Drive studio, and Turner-owned WCW of the '90s outside of Center Stage (WCW Saturday Night) or Disney/MGM (Bischoff era TV, pre-NWO). Made it hard to completely mimic early '80s era WWF tapings, which were held in Allentown Agricultural Hall (Championship Wrestling) and Hamburg Fieldhouse (All-Star Wrestling), or (for more recent history) NXT's TV from Full Sail or the Performance Center.

Another suggestion (and again, apologies if anyone else already mentioned this, but I searched and didn't see a mention):

The ability to hold multilocation/multivenue shows on the same day/time. I don't know if this is even possible in the game, but it'd be cool to actually be able to do WrestleMania 2 (NY, CHI, LA) or Starrcade '85 & '86 (NC and GA) style events.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, TL2011 said:

I admit, my longer saves have been with CV97 or any real world 90s mod. I know why as well, it isn't because "the canon history is gone" because I never stay on that course 1:1 anyways. It is because I can't predict how 2030 will look, you know? 2040 might be like... floating cars and stuff. I can't just... book wrestling when cars are flying! I admit I'm being half-silly but this is legitimately why I don't play modern day games. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Peria said:

I admit, my longer saves have been with CV97 or any real world 90s mod. I know why as well, it isn't because "the canon history is gone" because I never stay on that course 1:1 anyways. It is because I can't predict how 2030 will look, you know? 2040 might be like... floating cars and stuff. I can't just... book wrestling when cars are flying! I admit I'm being half-silly but this is legitimately why I don't play modern day games. 

Cars were already supposed to be flying!😡

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MegaCity1 said:

Not hard to manage them better, let’s be honest lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, MegaCity1 said:

but like actually this got me thinking... I wonder if a Brawl Out situation will be able to occur at one of the scrums?

• Like 2