UFC: As Real As it Gets (2023 Save)

Playing a lot of WMMA 5 recently. I've been having a lot of fun with it so decided to post the happenings in my current game save. If you folks end up hating the topic, I'll just fuck off, but maybe someone here will enjoy this shit? Who knows, we'll see.

The save originally started right after UFC 298, so February 2024. When I started jotting show results and stuff down, I had progressed all the way to November 2024. I pretty much followed UFC's actual schedule up until somewhere between June and July where I finally figured out my own format which I'll talk about more in a second. I did make a couple of exceptions: for instance, UFC 302 was headlined by Jon Jones vs. Stipe Miocic instead of Makhachev and Porier. In fact, Porier lost to Benoit Saint-Denis in my save. I also kept McGregor vs. Chandler for UFC 303.

Now allow me to elaborate on my format. I really hate doing modern UFC saves on WMMA because I feel like the amount of events that UFC has in real life makes for an overwhelming schedule in game, especially when some of the cards that UFC books irl get big time penalized for lacking name value. As I got more accustomed to putting together cards and seeing what I was and wasn't getting penalized for, I decided to shake things up.

Essentially, there are four tiers of UFC events in my save:

The numbered UFC PPV event. These shows will always be headlined by either a title fight or a fight between two big blockbuster names.

UFC on ABC. These shows are secondary to the PPV events. They're major primetime network shows that will feature title fights that might not necessarily have the drawing power to headline a Pay Per View or they'll feature popular top ranked fighters. The first event I booked with this philosophy in mind was Grasso vs. Shevchenko III

UFC on ESPN. Touring events that will be headlined by fan favorites. The first main event fight I booked with this new format was Nick Diaz vs. MVP.

Then, there's UFC APEX. These are developmental shows specifically designed for prospects to climb up the ranks as well as for long time vets to prove they can still hang with the young, hungry talent. I also use these events to snap losing streaks for guys so I can have guys coming off of wins for PPV, ABC, and ESPN preliminary cards.  UFC APEX events are ESPN+ exclusives.

I've been posting this content for a few weeks in a WMMA discord. You'll see the style and format change in this thread several times and that's because it reflects the changes I incorporated on Discord as I started to get a better of idea of how I wanted to share this stuff.

So with that...as Bruce Buffer would say...

IT'S TIME!

363ec42f.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first couple of posts are a little rough because I was just posting screen grabs of the events and their results. So we'll start with the first event that I actually recorded for this save.

UFC APEX: Umar vs. Yan (November 16, 2024)

ESPN+ Main Card
920dba4c.jpg

ESPN+ Preliminary Card
ae35087c.jpg

UFC returns to the fight capital of the world with UFC 308. Two title fights headline a STACKED PPV event.

Ilia Topuria shocked the world with his defeat of the Featherweight kingpin Alexander Volkanovski to claim the Featherweight Championship. On November 16th, he returns to the octagon. His opponent, the phenom Max Holloway who is coming off the heels of one of the greatest knock outs in UFC history against Justin Gaethje.

Alexa Grasso proved that she was the undisputed Women's Flyweight Champion when she defeated Valentina Shevchenko to win the trilogy in July. During that time, French superstar Manon Foirot has dominated the division to position herself as the #1 contender.

In the undercard:

Jack Della Maddalena faces Vincente Luque.

Jessica Andrade and Carla Esparza meet in a Women's Strawweight tilt that will have immediate effects on the top five rankings.

In the opening PPV bout, the Russian Sniper returns after his knock out victory of Jared Cannonier. Nassourdine Imavov faces Anthony 'Fluffy' Hernandez who is riding a six fight win streak.

UFC 308: Holloway vs. Topuria (Saturday, November 23rd 2024)

Main Card
a0463705.jpg

Preliminary Card
9914f0c5.png

So I was really disappointed in UFC 308 because during the first time I played through it, the game crashed and there were entirely different outcomes on some of the main card fights.

UFC 308: Holloway vs. Topuria Results

Main Card
b292b64f.jpg

Preliminary Card
b21f13e3.jpg

With UFC 308 in the books, the road to UFC 309 begins with UFC's return to ESPN live in New Mexico. In the main event, Dan Hooker returns from a fifteen month layoff facing off against the always dangerous Justin Gaethje.

Dominick Cruz saw a return to form when he knocked out Rob Font at July's UFC on ABC event. Knowing that this could be his last chance at championship glory, Cruz faces #2 ranked Bantamweight Cory Sandhagen.

On the undercard, Marcin Tybura faces Sergey Pavlovich in a heavyweight tilt. Kennedy Nzechukwu squares off with Johnny Walker in a light heavyweight bout. In women's bantamweight action, Melissa Dixon faces Pannie Kianzad and in the opening bout on the main card, flyweights Kleydson Rodrigues and Su Mudaerji aim to make their way closer to the top ten rankings.

UFC on ESPN: Hooker vs. Gaethje (Saturday, December 7th 2024)

Main Card
32772d3e.jpg

ESPN+ Preliminary Card
6bdc3952.png

Dan Hooker and Justin Gaethje have a fight of the year contender; Cory Sandhagen proves to be a major obstacle for Dominick Cruz

The road to UFC 309 begins with the UFC’s return to ESPN with Justin Gaethje and Dan Hooker headlining a six card television special live from New Mexico.

In the main event of the night, Justin Gaethje looked poised for a hard fought victory but late in the third round, Dan Hooker put the pressure on Justin Gaethje lighting him up with a barrage of strikes that led to an uppercut slipping between Gaethje’s guard, sending him to the canvas. With Gaethje still showing signs of life, Hooker let loose a series of hammerfists that left Marc Godard with no choice but to stop the fight.

In the co-main event, Dominick Cruz weathered a first round storm from Cory Sandhagen. Cruz looked like he was in trouble during the first five minutes of the fight with Cory Sandhagen connecting on Cruz with pinpoint accuracy. Cruz kept it competitive enough to tie up the fight 19-19 on all three judges' scorecards heading into the third round but despite that Cory Sandhagen displayed beautiful footwork and dictated the third round to earn a 29 - 28 unanimous decision victory.

On the undercard, Sergey Pavlovich earned a TKO victory over Marcin Tybura. Kennedy Nzechukwu scored a major win, defeating Johnny Walker by decision. Melissa Dixon moved one step closer to title contention by defeating the #5 ranked women’s bantamweight Pannie Kianzad and in the opening fight, Su Mudaerji defeated Kleydson Rodrigues by unanimous decision.

For the full results for UFC on ESPN: Hooker vs. Gaethje, look below

8d209407.jpg

4dfbe293.png

UFC Returns to the Apex Center

UFC returns to ESPN+ this December with UFC APEX: Williams vs. Brown. In the main event, Khaos Williams, coming off of his devastating knockout of Michael Morales steps in the cage with ‘The Immortal’ Matt Brown who is competing in his 44th UFC bout.

In the co-main event, LFA Bantamweight Champion, ‘Hollywood’ John Sweeney makes his UFC debut facing the former UFC Bantamweight Champion, Cody Garbrandt, in a fight that is assuredly guaranteed to bring fireworks.

On the undercard, Gilbert Burns meets Alex Morono in a welterweight bout. Magomed Gadzhiyasulov shares the octagon with Da Un Jung in a light heavyweight tilt. In women’s flyweight action, Natalia Silva squares off with Montana de la Rosa and in the opening bout of the evening, lightweights Drew Dober and Jalin Turner will look to bounce back from their recent losses.

For the full UFC APEX: Williams vs. Brown card, see below.

UFC APEX: Williams vs. Brown (Saturday, December 14th 2024)

ESPN+ Main Card
73d978dd.jpg

ESPN+ Preliminary Card
a9c3b39e.png

Breaking News

UFC 311 Announced

The Ultimate Fighting Championships heads to Perth, Australia Saturday, February 15th with UFC 311. In the night’s main event, Israel Adesanya looks to reclaim the UFC Middleweight Championship. To do that, he must defeat the boogeyman of the UFC’s middleweight division, reigning Middleweight Champion, Khamzat Chimaev.

In the co-main event, the UFC Flyweight Champion Alexandre Pantoja looks for title defense three by defeating #4 ranked flyweight, Kai Kara-France.

Expect more fight announcements for UFC 311: Adesanya vs. Chimaev in the coming weeks!

Natalia Silva Tears Bicep; Fight With Montana de la Rosa Canceled

It's as if the fight game has a cruel sense of humor as announced on UFC's social media accounts, Natalia Silva tore her bicep the morning of weigh ins. As a result, her fight with Montana de la Rosa on the upcoming UFC APEX: Williams vs. Brown has been canceled and de la Rosa will compete against a new opponent at a future UFC event.

The women's strawweight bout between Cheyanna Vlismas and Angela Hill has been bumped up from the closing preliminary bout to the opening bout on the main card.

We would like to take this time to wish Natalia Silva a speedy recovery!

Matt Brown Retires After A Classic Middleweight Bout. John Sweeney Makes Successful UFC debut

UFC APEX: Williams vs. Brown is in the books and this show did not disappoint. In the main event, Matt Brown looked as if he had turned back time. With a minute and forty seconds left in the second round, Matt Brown caught Khaos Williams with a right hand and went in for the kill. Khaos Williams displayed the heart of a true warrior and survived the round only to finish Matt Brown in the third by trapping him against the cage, pasting him with several rights and lefts until Jason Herzog had no choice but to stop the fight.

After the fight, Matt Brown announced his immediate retirement from the sport of MMA. Brown made his mixed martial arts debut in 2005, signing with the UFC in 2008 amassing a final UFC record of 17 wins and 14 losses. Here’s to hoping for the best for Matt Brown in his life after the octagon.

In the co-main event, John Sweeney made a statement in his debut. Sweeney was able to put Garbrandt away with a left hand that dropped Garbrandt. Initially, Garbrandt showed signs of life but Sweeney was on him, swarming him with a barrage of punches. Garbrandt had no answer for Sweeney’s onslaught except to turtle up and that was enough for Herb Dean to call a stop to the fight.

In the undercard, Gilbert Burns snapped his losing streak with a knockout win over Alex Morono. Magomed Gadzhiyasulov continued his undefeated streak with a unanimous decision victory over Da Un Jung. Jalin Turner picked up a TKO victory over Drew Dober and in the opening fight, Cheyanna Vlismas picked up a third round submission victory over Angela Hill.

For the complete UFC APEX: Williams vs. Brown results, see below.

5d2202cf.jpg

08d128ff.png

Fight Week - UFC 309

With UFC APEX: Williams vs. Brown in the history books, the Ultimate Fighting Championships make the trip to New York City with UFC 309: Lewis vs. Jones! On December 21st, UFC returns to Pay Per View with its final event of the year where UFC Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones defends the UFC Heavyweight Championship against UFC Interim Heavyweight Champion Derrick Lewis in a title unification bout. In his last fight, Derrick Lewis shocked the world when he knocked out Tom Aspinall to lay claim to the UFC Interim Heavyweight Championship. In the post-fight interview, Derrick Lewis called out Jon Jones by name and proceeded to do it again during the post-fight presser.

Jon Jones wasn’t long to respond, telling Dana White and fight fans on X that he was ready to sign the contract. Only one man can sit on top of the mountain. Who will leave New York City as the undisputed UFC Heavyweight Champion?

In the co-main event, after finishing Conor McGregor at one of the biggest Pay Per Views of the year, Michael Chandler steps in the octagon at UFC 311. His opponent: knockout artist Bobby Green. This will be a can’t miss bout in the lightweight division.

Joining these two exciting bouts on the undercard…

#13 ranked Khalil Rountree faces former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jamahal Hill.

Sean Brady looks to extend his winning streak to 3 and 0, looking to earn a HUGE win over the always dangerous Kevin Holland.

And in the opening PPV bout, top flyweights Muhammad Mokaev and former UFC Flyweight Champion Brandon Moreno look to recover from their recent losses with a big win in a fight that will undoubtedly shake up the flyweight rankings.

For the complete UFC 309 card, see below.

UFC 309: Lewis vs. Jones (Saturday, December 21st 2024)

Main Card
54e3e573.jpg

Preliminary Card
85f73f93.png

Derrick Lewis Becomes the First Man to finish Jon Jones in Upset of the Year; Michael Chandler Eyes Championship Fight After Finish of Bobby Green

UFC closed out 2024 in an unforgettable way when +630 underdog Derrick Lewis became the first and only fighter to finish perhaps the greatest mixed martial arts champion of all time, Jon Jones, to become the Undisputed UFC Heavyweight Champion!

The way Jon Jones was able to muscle Derrick Reed to the canvas in the first round led many MMA pundits to believe that the main event was going to be a long night for Lewis. Jones was able to take him down on command and aimed to finish the fight in the first round with a kimura. Lewis refused to quit and because of that tenacity, he was able to make it out of the first round.

Eight seconds into the second round, Lewis did what no one thought would be possible as he caught Jones with a right hand that buckled the Heavyweight Champion. Jones knew that he was in trouble and tried backing away from the challenger, but stumbled over himself and Lewis seized the moment and rained down on Jones with several giant punches. Concerned with Jones taking unnecessary damage, Herb Dean stepped in to call the fight, making Lewis the only man in MMA history to finish Jon Jones.

In the co-main event, Michael Chandler and Bobby Green were head hunting the moment the fight started. Ultimately, Michael Chandler stunned Bobby Green with a right hand that floored Bobby Green. Not wanting to give Green any opportunity to recover, Chandler pursued the stunned Green, laying into him with a series of punches that caused referee Jason Herzog to call the fight.

In the undercard…

Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jamahal Hill earned a Performance Bonus by knocking out Khalil Rountree in the second round.

Down two rounds, Kevin Holland was able to turn the fight in his favor in the third round after a brutal roundhouse kick would lead to a TKO finish over Sean Brady.

Muhammad Mokaev rebounded from his loss to UFC Flyweight Championship challenger Kai Kara-France with a unanimous decision victory over the former two time UFC Flyweight Champion Brandon Moreno.

For the complete UFC 309: Lewis vs. Jones results, see below.

554e762f.jpg

42b0c363.jpg

UFC APEX Returns to Vegas

With UFC 309 in the books, the Ultimate Fighting Championships kicks off 2025 with UFC APEX: Orolbai vs. Nelson taking place live from the UFC Apex Center on January 18th!

In the main event, Welterweight prospect Myktykbek Orolbai faces welterweight mainstay Gunnar ‘Gunni’ Nelson. ‘Gunni’ is currently enjoying a three fight win streak with his most recent victory being a TKO finish over Geoff Neal. ‘Gunni’ will be Orolbai’s toughest test to date but a win could position the Kyrgyzstani fighter with a top fifteen berth in the welterweight rankings.

In the co-main event, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu wizard Ryan Hall looks to extend his UFC run to 7 - 1 when he steps in the octagon with Nathaniel Wood. Wood rebounded from a loss to Muhammad Naimov with a knockout victory over Bryce Mitchell at UFC 304. With both men eyeing their place among the top fifteen in the featherweight rankings, this should be a can’t miss tilt.

In the undercard…

Undefeated women’s strawweight prospect Viktoriya Dudakova faces Montserrat Ruiz

Bantamweights Cristian Quinonenz and Bezkat Almakhan compete in a three round tilt

Welterweights Gabriel Bonfim and Wellington Turman both look to move on to a two fight win streak.

And in the opening bout, heavyweights Jarjis Danho clashes with Hamdy Abdelwahab

For the complete UFC APEX: Orolbai vs. Nelson card, see below.

UFC APEX: Orolbai vs. Nelson (Saturday, January 18th 2025)

ESPN+ Main Card
bdb80b1c.jpg

ESPN+ Preliminary Card
5dac0ce4.png

Looking Ahead: Main Card for UFC 311 Revealed

While doing the rounds for UFC 310, UFC President Dana White has announced the main card for February 15th's UFC 311: Adesanya vs. Chimaev emanating live on PPV from Perth, Australia.

The show will be headlined by two title fights. In the main event, Khamzat Chimaev defends the UFC Middleweight Championship against Israel Adesanya. In the co-main event, Alexandre Pantoja defends the UFC Flyweight Championship against Kai Kara-France.

Joining the two title fights in the undercard...

Former Welterweight Champion Kamaru Usman looks to snap his recent losing streak by facing the #9 ranked Vincente Luque.

#10 ranked Tabatha Ricci and #3 ranked Jessica Andrade compete in a women's strawweight tilt that could possibly have UFC Women's Strawweight Championship title fight implications.

Australian native and former UFC Flyweight Championship challenger Steve Erceg faces Tim Elliott.

The full UFC 311 card will be announced at a later date

UFC 311: Adesanya vs. Chimaev (Saturday, February 15th 2025)
00b3a434.jpg

UFC 312 Announced for Brazil

While doing the promotional rounds for UFC 310, Dana White has announced that the Ultimate Fighting Championships will make the trek to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for UFC 312.

The main event will see Alex Pereira defending the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship against Jiri Prochazka in a highly anticipated rematch. Co-headlining the event will be former UFC Lightweight Champion, Charles Oliveira facing Benoit Saint-Denis in what is slated to be a five round fight.

More fights will be announced for UFC 312 in the coming weeks.

For some reason I didn't screenshot the announced card for this show...so...my bad.

Orolbai and Wood Earn First Round Finishes at UFC APEX

The Ultimate Fighting Championships wrapped up another UFC Apex Center event with UFC APEX: Orolbai vs. Nelson.

In the headlining bout, Myktykbek Orolbai dispatched Gunnar Nelson one minute and forty-six seconds into the first round. With the victory Orolbai moves one step closer toward a top ten berth in the UFC lightweight ranking and Orolbai expressed interest in a future bout with the winner of Neil Magny and Randy Brown.

Nathaniel Wood stopped Ryan Hall’s two fight win streak by earning a TKO victory with just two seconds remaining in the second round. Nathaniel Wood expressed interest in stepping back in the cage as soon as possible, eyeing a return to the octagon sometime this summer.

In the undercard…

Women’s bantamweight Montserrat Ruiz, earned a unanimous decision victory over Viktoriya Dudakova.

In a bantamweight division tilt, Bekzat Almakhan earned a W with a victory over Cristian Quinonez.

Underdog Wellington Turman scored a shocking 31 second TKO victory over the odds on favorite Gabriel Bonfim.

And in the opening bout, Hamdy Abdelwahab scored a decision victory over opponent Jarjis Danho in a heavyweight clash.

For the complete UFC APEX: Orolbai vs. Nelson results, see blow.

4be17a9e.jpg

8759e605.png

Fight Week: UFC 310

The Ultimate Fighting Championships returns to Pay Per View January 25th with UFC 310: Figueiredo vs. O’Malley. Emanating live from Sacramento, California ‘Suga’ Sean O’Malley could lay claim to being only the second bantamweight to defend the Bantamweight Championship three times. Standing in his way, is the former UFC Flyweight Champion Deiveson Figueiredo who is aiming to join an elite class of fighters who have won UFC Championships across multiple divisions.

Joining them is a UFC Women’s Bantamweight Championship match in the co-main event featuring Raquel Pennington making the first defense of her UFC Women’s Bantamweight Championship against Julianna Pena.

The story of Julianna Pena vs. Raquel Pennington is one that comes full circle. These two first crossed paths when they were both contestants of the eighteenth season of The Ultimate Fighter in 2013. Now, eleven years later, both women find themselves at the top of the mountain but only one woman will be left standing.

Rounding out the Pay Per View card will be a light heavyweight tilt between former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jan Blachowicz and Alonzo Menfield who will certainly be eyeing title contention with an emphatic win.

Song Yadong and Victor Henry compete in a bantamweight clash where the winner is hoping to find a top five berth.

And in the opening fight, riding high off her victory over Jessica Andrade at UFC 303, Cory McKenna returns to the octagon where she will face Amanda Lemos in a fight that is certain to have Women’s Strawweight Championship fight implications.

For the complete UFC 310: Figueiredo vs. O’Malley card, see below

UFC 310: Figueiredo vs. O'Malley (Saturday, January 25th 2025)

Main Card
7b8f4c87.jpg

Preliminary Card
e5055883.png

O’Malley Successfully Defends a Third Time With 41 Second Finish; Raquel Pennington Shuts Out Julianna Pena

UFC 310 is in the books and the defending champions left Sacramento with their championship reigns still intact.

In the main event of the evening, Sean O’Malley earned a 41 second victory after buckling Deiveson Figueiredo with a left hand. Figueiredo was glassy eyed from the moment O’Malley connected with the left and before O’Malley could dole out any more damage, Herb Dean stepped in to call off the fight.

In the co-main event, Raquel Pennington out struck and out wrestled Julianna Pena to prove to the world that she is the new queen of the women’s bantamweight mountain. Pennington has never looked better as Pena never quite had an answer for any of Pennington’s offensive pressure. During the post fight interview with Daniel Cormier, Pennington indicated that she was sick of Kayla Harrison being a keyboard warrior. Cormier pressed the issue and Pennington revealed that if Harrison beats Aldana in their upcoming bout, that’s the fight she wants next.

On the undercard…

Jan Blachowicz bested Alonzo Menifield in a three round unanimous decision victory.

Victor Henry scored his biggest win to date by beating Team Alpha Male’s Song Yadong in a three round bantamweight tilt.

In the opening fight on the PPV, Amanda Lemos did enough to earn the bout on two of the judges' scorecards, earning her a split decision victory over Cory McKenna.

For the complete UFC 310: Figueiredo vs. O’Malley results, see below.

5b3edcf2.jpg

a9c1e5b5.jpg

UFC Returns to the APEX Center February 1st

The road to UFC 311 begins Saturday February 1st live from the Apex Center with UFC APEX: Haqparast vs. dos Anjos.

In the main event, Afghan standout Nasrat Haqparast looks to extend his record to 9 and 4 by defeating the former UFC Lightweight Champion Rafael dos Anjos who is currently riding a two fight win streak with wins over Mateusz Gamrot and Jalin Turner.

In the co-main event, flyweights Tagir Ulanbekov and Akhmed Khamzaev meet a three round tilt that is sure to shake up the flyweight rankings.

Joining them on the undercard…

Womens flyweights Karine Silva and Carolina Jimenez will face each other in an effort to move closer to title contention.

Superior Challenge Lightweight Champion Soren Bak makes his debut against #17 ranked lightweight Joel Alvarez

Jean Matsumoto looks to extend his UFC win streak to 2 and 0 against Aiemann Zahabi

And women’s strawweight Victoria Souza makes her UFC debut against Brianna Van Buren in the opening bout on the main card.

For the complete UFC APEX: Haqparast vs. dos Anjos card, see below.

UFC APEX: Haqparast vs. dos Anjos (Saturday, February 1st 2025)

Main Card (ESPN+)
852bdff5.jpg

Preliminary Card (ESPN+)
5e7313c7.png

HYPE ALERT: UFC 313 Teaser

During an intermission period on the UFC APEX: Haqparast vs. dos Anjos broadcast, a teaser aired for UFC 313.

Highlights of Islam Makhachev’s past title defenses air and a narration from Ron Perlman accompanies the footage.

“The apex predator of the lightweight division steps into the octagon once more to prove that the cage is his serengeti.”

Highlights of Michael Chandlers’ knockout victories over Conor McGregor and Bobby Green are then showcased on the video package.

”But awaiting him is a battle hardened warrior who believes that his moment to take the crown is now!”

Michael Chandler. Islam Makhachev. UFC 313. Live From Las Vegas, Nevada. Only on Pay Per View.

As the teaser trailer seems to be coming to an end the video begins scrambling and static airs over the speaker as if the feed is cut. The video then restores, but this time the video package showcases Holly Holm knocking out Ronda Rousey at UFC 195. The footage loops, the knock out playing multiple times until the camera cuts to a locker room, where Ronda Rousey is seen watching the footage on repeat.

The camera then cuts to Ronda Rousey who stares directly at the camera and there’s an intensity to her stare.

Ronda Rousey: "RUN IT BACK”

PLUS

THE RETURN

Holly Holm. Ronda Rousey.

Run.
It.
Back.

UFC 313: Chandler vs. Makhachev
LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW
APRIL 19TH

UFC 313: Chandler vs. Makhachev (Saturday, April 19th 2025)
d5786305.png

Rafael dos Anjos Submits Nasrat Haqparast; Tagir Ulanbekov Picks Up Win in Razor Thin Decision

Rafael dos Anjos proved once again that despite fighting in his 40s, he still has what it takes to compete with the elites in the division. Dos Anjos’ striking was far superior to Nasrat and his wrestling defense allowed him to keep it standing during the moments where Haqparast would have preferred that the fight goes to the ground.

In the final round, with half a minute left dos Anjos and Haqparast took the fight to the canvas but it was dos Anjos who would also win in that department, wrestling Haqparast’s arm away from his body to earn a kimura submission victory.

Tagir extends his UFC record to 6 - 2 by besting Akhmed Khamzaev in an incredibly close three round tilt. The fight was heavy on grappling with each man wanting to prove why they were the better wrestler leading to a close and competitive match up. Judge Frederick Wachter scored it 29 - 28 in favor of Khamzaev. Judges Cai Rodman and Sal D’Amato scored it 29 - 28 Ulanbekov, bringing Tagir’s record to 16 - 3

On the undercard:

Karine Silva defeated Carloina Jimenez with a rear naked choke two minutes into the third round.

Lightweights Soren Bak and Joel Alvarez put on an early fight of the year contender, that saw Soren Bak make a successful debut with a third round TKO finish.

Jean Matsumoto continues his climb up the bantamweight ladder by snapping Aiemann Zahabi’s three fight win streak with a guillotine submission win.

ONE FC’s Victoria Souza opened the main card with a successful debut in the UFC Strawweight division by finishing Brianna Van Buren in the third rond

For the complete results for UFC APEX: Haqparast vs. dos Anjos, see below

b00c04cf.jpg

77c42911.png

Fight Week: UFC Heads to Detroit for ESPN Event

The Ultimate Fighting Championships are Detroit bound with UFC on ESPN: Allen vs. Rodriguez.

Featherweights Arnold Allen and Yair Rodriguez headline a stacked night of fights that are available for free live on ESPN!

In the co-main event, Neil Magny and Randy Brown compete in what is sure to be an action packed welterweight tilt.

Joining the two fights on the ESPN undercard:

Featherweights Joanderson Brito and Sodiq Yusuff clash in a three round bout that will result in one man extending their winning streak.

Knockout artists Edson Barboza and Josh Emmett face off in a featherweight clash.

TUF Winner Kelvin Gastelum and long time fighter Lyman Good look to snap their recent losing streak.

Women’s strawweight prospects Norika Ryu and Yazmin Jauregui will open the ESPN broadcast.

For the complete UFC on ESPN: Allen vs. Rodriguez card, see below

UFC on ESPN: Allen vs. Rodriguez (Saturday, February 8th 2025)

Main Card (ESPN)
154efe6f.jpg

Preliminary Card (ESPN+)
cf12cd89.png

Sean O’Malley: “Sometimes in life, you re-evaluate what’s most important.

On The Timbo Sugarshow podcast, UFC Bantamweight Champion Sean O’Malley made a bombshell announcement that he was taking a step back from mixed martial arts.

“I’ve been doing this thing non-stop for ten years, you know? The work was worth it. It paid off. And I’m grateful for the life that I can live because of this sport, but I have a daughter now and sometimes in life, you re-evaluate what’s most important. Nothing in my life is as important as she is. So I’m taking this time to let all of my fans know that I’m taking a step back from the octagon.”