General Gameplay Questions Thread

20 hours ago, CheapPopRob said:

was generative AI used in any part of making the game? the new pictures for cornellverse characters look quite like it, though I'd hope not.

From the Developer's Journal :

"Additionally, the old "blue background" style renders will no longer be used. Instead, everyone has been re-rendered using AI to give the game world a much fresher and cleaner look. As I know some people have strong feelings on AI content and don't like to use it, I will also be making available a version of the default data that is set up to use the old style renders. This will not be an official part of the game (and therefore won't be in the installer) but will be made available via the forums on release day."

• Like 1

I have purchased TEW 9 but it doesn't  fully download the process seems to stop 1/2way do I have to turn my Windows Defender off or is it because I bought the retail version

It seems bizarre it won't work since TEW2020 runs fine

Edited by ian

4 hours ago, Lionhart said:

From the Developer's Journal :

Thank you, slightly disappointing, but I understand Adam is just one person making a whole game and it was just for this one aspect. Though I can't help but feel an actual artist could have had a chance to work with him on the game and help make these pictures instead of using something that undermines that community.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2024 at 5:11 AM, HamKing said:

Not even the antivirus for me but the Windows defender

My Windows Defender seems to be the same reason I may just have to turn it off while downloading then put back on

Is there a good way to represent a gauntlet match?  I want him to beat 3 opponents and lose to the 4th.  

With 4 separate matches, I'm not sure if the overuse penalty would come into play.  Or recognize that the loss is after going through 3 guys. 

A 4 vs 1 handicap match with elimination and mid and late additions maybe?  

28 minutes ago, CheapPopRob said:

Thank you, slightly disappointing, but I understand Adam is just one person making a whole game and it was just for this one aspect. Though I can't help but feel an actual artist could have had a chance to work with him on the game and help make these pictures instead of using something that undermines that community.

The thing is it doesn't actually undermine the community - a member of the community is doing the pics.  Other members of the community are doing traditional renders too.  This game has always used community resources and the beauty of it is that it is very easy to choose which of those art resources you decide to use.  I think there was a debate over the use of AI and in the end most people realised that it was probably inevitable for a small game developer like this but were happy there was still an option for those who dont like AI to use more traditional rendered art.  The fact the game itself is so easily modable is it's greatest strength.

Personally I am okay with AI in this sort of use - in a wider context I feel it's somewhat under regulated which could potentially be problematic in the wider scheme of things.  So I guess I am a bit ambivalent about it.  

14 hours ago, RockySmith said:

Is there a good way to represent a gauntlet match?  I want him to beat 3 opponents and lose to the 4th.  

With 4 separate matches, I'm not sure if the overuse penalty would come into play.  Or recognize that the loss is after going through 3 guys. 

Over-use penalties are based on total minutes of time on the show, not how many matches or segments they are in.

I've only ever done gauntlet matches a hand full of times with TEW over the years, but I've always just done a series of matches to represent them and it's worked out just fine for me.

If your worker you want to run the gauntlet is a Major Star or Star, you shouldn't have any issues. If they're below that, you may run into problems with over-usage, but you can also just modify match times to make sure that doesn't happen.

15 hours ago, RockySmith said:

There are opitons for multiple people elimination matches which could conceivably fit the bill.  Not really the same thing but we work with what we have.

On 9/18/2024 at 3:26 AM, BuddyGarner2 said:

What’s the purpose of different parts to an angle?

An advantage is that you can raise the rating of an angle. Let's say I want to push Pretty Deadly and put them in an angle, it won't do a great number. But if I put Randy in the ring on his own and then put Pretty Deadly in another part, then the segment will be much better rated although, it won't be as good as if I just had Randy do it all.

• Like 1