Joint/Cross-Promotion shows?

Really looking forward to IX and looks like there's some really cool additions for this release!

But I am a little surprised to see a lack of an option for a  Cross-Promotion show, i.e. Forbidden Door. 

I know there might be a roundabout way of doing this with alliances, borrowing workers etc. 

But I'd love to be able to approach another company, propose a joint show, and be able to book a show with all their workers (with maybe a bit of AI feedback, refusal etc).

Any chance this could be added in? Hopefully I didn't miss anything that suggested this in the dev log! 

No, there would be no scope for that to be added.

When we talk about patching things in, it's referring to making alterations to the way things currently work or minor alterations. Cross promotional shows would be hugely complex and involve a fundamental change to how the fabric of the game - contracts and events - work. I realise it's not always easy for non-coders to make that distinction, so the easiest way to think about it is that this would be "marquee feature that a new game would be marketed around", not "something patched in at the last moment". Hope that was clear!

Thanks for the reply Adam. You're right, I'm not anywhere near a coder. 

That's disappointing, but there's still some great additions to look forward to. Appreciate all your work.