VWA Discussion Thread

I haven't used them yet, but I ran VWA a few times with 2020.  (Personal note, I always get kind of frustrated that Albert Thorpe is supposed to be super rich and cut throat but he only put $250,000 into a professional wrestling company that intended to take over Europe..meh...)

I saw The Bern Boys had actually improved (Fabian esp) in the ring, which is great.  I had previously brought in a revolving door of veteran contenders for them to work with just to get them respectable by 2023.  

Mallory leaving and Walker van Cleer having a broken leg is heart-breaking, I had actually risen VWA to a point where I had them under exclusive written contracts, running a weekly show on WrestleWorld Europe, and making a profit per month.  Looking at their roster now, I'd definitely build up Ben Markram, but eventually, I'd probably aim to pillage or sign Konrad Makinen or Marcello Ricci (workers who are really good in ring/entertainment, who can work both face and heel) because I think the only real draw main event outside Walker is Lauro... and he's 41.  There's definitely a 4-5 year gap before Fabian and Hans are ready to be doing world-class main event matches from the start of this c-verse build.

Anyone ever get into a bidding war with EWA over Bret?  I'm hoping stuff like that, in this new game, will lead to more bad feelings because a few weeks later, I'd have Byron on TV jobbing to his son... I'm looking to cause long lasting family rifts over here.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, elmiticomark said:

Anyone ever get into a bidding war with EWA over Bret?  I'm hoping stuff like that, in this new game, will lead to more bad feelings because a few weeks later, I'd have Byron on TV jobbing to his son... I'm looking to cause long lasting family rifts over here.

I think that in 2020 I've experienced Bret wanting to move on from EWA after 1-2 years so that I could just pick him up. But that was back when he was only ranked as unimportant so I don't know how likely it would be in IX now that he's a pretty pushed talent.

3 minutes ago, Genking said:

I think that in 2020 I've experienced Bret wanting to move on from EWA after 1-2 years so that I could just pick him up. But that was back when he was only ranked as unimportant so I don't know how likely it would be in IX now that he's a pretty pushed talent.

I had to look back at 2020 files... I had 2 sims... First was right out of the gate, signing immediately on Jan 1, 2020... Bret took an exclusive handshake deal with a token offer from EWA.  In 2022, after a 2 year watcher sim, and Bret being pushed, they outbid me on an exclusive handshake, so I would guess the latter is more likely.