Some suggestions for Hall of Fames and Hall of Immortals

Hey everyone, I've been always obsessed with the HOF and HOI for a long time with these games, but I think they're still a bit away from being perfect. I didn't see these mentioned in any of the live journal entries, and I haven't played the new game yet (or... TEW20, I spent my time working on a mod off and on, whoops), so if something I mention is in already, let me know! 

1. Stables. Stables are not well represented in the HOF and HOI, and it's a noticeable omission. So many great stables have existed in the history of wrestling. From the NWO, to DX, to the Four Horseman, to the Fabulous Freebirds. Even allowing 3 together would be huge, but I'd like to see 5-6 total. Even if it means the worker's pictures are tinier than others, I think it's important to represent stables. It also allows for cases like the Von Erich's in the WWE HOF, where they inducted the entire family, and not just the trio of Kevin, Kerry, and David. 

2. Non-company specific HOFs. There are workarounds for this currently (Hardcore HOF can be covered by ECW, for example), but it doesn't entirely fix the issue. Maybe there can be HOFs set up for a region, such as the Memphis HOF, and cover multiple companies, such as the previously mentioned Hardcore HOF. Since they wouldn't be covered by a specific company, there would be an option to select multiple companies and championships for coverage, and be calculated the same way. For example, the Hardcore HOF can be based on ECW and CZW, and would actually be titled correctly, as opposed to the company filling in for it. Can also open up more options for modders, like a Lucha HOF. 

3. Alliance HOFs. In the unique case of the NWA HOF, unless you're playing on a modern save with the single company, rather than the alliance, you just do not have a good way to correctly cover it, and it's impossible even using the previous method mentioned, as you can't even begin to have all the separate regional titles listed. Could work similar to the non-company specific ones, where you select multiple companies/championships, but would be controlled by the alliance entirely. 

4. Gimmicks in the HOF. Simple one, just allow the choice to put a worker's gimmick in the HOF for representation, rather than their base name and picture. For example, in the WWE HOF, for someone like that is in the game under their real name like Glenn Jacobs (Kane), you can select a masked Kane gimmick to see, rather than have his real name and current picture represented. Or, if a worker had a small (yet) impactful run with a promotion, that era of that worker can be represented, maybe by just allowing for a custom picture instead of their base/current one, which would open up a lot for every HOF. This would likely only work for the database and the current user, but would still be nice to have. 

5. Ceremonies and group inductions. To mimic the WWE HOF, it would also be nice to have these. Even if the Ceremony is purely cosmetic, with no impact on the game, and is just text for a group induction, it would help make things a bit more realistic. This could also extend to the HOI, so companies/HOI selects new inductees the same time each year, and a certain amount, rather than randomly. 

That's everything! I haven't had much chance to play recently, outside of modding, so please let me know if something I listed it actually in the game, and I just wasn't aware. 

• Like 2

Thanks! You've already covered most of my ideas but I do have a few more after thinking about it.

HOI:
1. Medium Companies: I said this in the Developer's Journal thread but I'll say it again here - I would love it if achievements in Medium sized companies qualified for the HOI. For real world mods, this would allow for joshi legends to qualify, since I don't think any joshi company has ever made it to Big size in TEW terms. And for the modern landscape, WWE is the only Big/Huge company in the world and arguably has been for at least two decades now, which means the HOI essentially just becomes a more exclusive WWE HOF. Dropping the threshold to Medium would open it up for NJPW, CMLL, AAA and yes even AEW, which I think reflects the modern landscape a little better. There are even time periods where the WWF/E and WCW were arguably Medium, so this would allow achievements during those times to still count.

2. Non-Wrestlers: I'm specifically thinking of managers, commentators and referees, with similar requirements as company HOFs (e.g. Non Wrestler of the Year awards, commentating/refereeing main events on Historic/Legendary shows, etc.). There are so many legendary non-wrestlers; it would be great to see them qualify. This could potentially even expand to owners and bookers, but that's obviously much tougher to quantify.

3. Fixed Annual Inductions: Tying into the Ceremonies idea (which I love), this is just something to help with immersion a little bit, so that the HOI functions like real life HOFs rather than immediately inducting people within a month of retirement/death. Maybe it could happen at the end of January or something, to cut down on End of Year loading times.

4. Trios: Already covered with the Stables idea, but I do think trios should have a dedicated category, both for existing real life examples (Freebirds, countless lucha examples, etc.) and also with the growth of trios wrestling in the modern era.

HOFs:
1. Managers and Referees: Since they're already eligible for awards - both globally and company specific - why not include them in the HOF? There are so many real life examples who would qualify in their home promotions.

2. Trios: Same as above.

I feel like I had more ideas but they escape me right now.