Problems with this game

These are the problems with this game, all are valid. 1) The fact that you can only work for 3 promotions at a time, its impossible to make a living when you are unknown, not knowing if you will ever get a match. 2) The rate of promotions rising and falling and getting new TV shows, this never happens and how can you be succesful in the UK, Europe or anywhere other than USA and Japan if the promotions dont get TV deals and PPV deals? 3) The DQ rule is harsh, I have been Low Blowed 4-5 times in a match in front of the referee and ref has not done a thing about it. In wrestling a low blow is a DQ if it is done in front of the ref. 4) The pay of each match is low most times, how can you make relationships if you can only earn 1.000 - 5.000 in most companys? 5) Never being booked. I was on a winning streak with one Japanese Garbage company, they booked me every month until one month they never booked me, after not being booked for a few shows they released me, dont make sense to me. I know this game has to be a challenge but unless you are a big name it is near impossible to succeed.

[QUOTE=Jacko00]These are the problems with this game, all are valid. 1) The fact that you can only work for 3 promotions at a time, its impossible to make a living when you are unknown, not knowing if you will ever get a match. 2) The rate of promotions rising and falling and getting new TV shows, this never happens and how can you be succesful in the UK, Europe or anywhere other than USA and Japan if the promotions dont get TV deals and PPV deals? 3) The DQ rule is harsh, I have been Low Blowed 4-5 times in a match in front of the referee and ref has not done a thing about it. In wrestling a low blow is a DQ if it is done in front of the ref. 4) The pay of each match is low most times, how can you make relationships if you can only earn 1.000 - 5.000 in most companys? 5) Never being booked. I was on a winning streak with one Japanese Garbage company, they booked me every month until one month they never booked me, after not being booked for a few shows they released me, dont make sense to me.[/QUOTE] 1. I am making more then enough money to survive, if I could work for more then 3 the game would be far too easy. So this feature to me seems to be doing it's job. 2. I've never noticed that to be a problem. 3. That's not true, it's not an instant DQ in all feds. In fact in NJ (and most puro feds) it's not at all, they almost never have DQ's unless it's referee violence. The only time you'd see a low blow (vital parts attack :D ) get a DQ in most Puro and some UK feds is if the guy has been cheating non stop the whole match. If strict rules is on you may see a few more DQ's, but i'm not sure. Also if you don't like that lower end cheating moves don't always get a DQ then go into the editor and change it. Adam has stated several times that this is exactly what the Editor is supplied for. 4. Short answer, save up. Long answer, ya gotta save up money, no one makes friends instantly. The whole point of paying for the friendship and the card game is too make the process ahrder then WS1. Which is has, but even though it is much harer personally I still don't have al that much trouble makng friends. My current game I am in a UK fed, JPN Fed and a CAN fed (all small) and I have no problem saving money for new skills AND friendships, and I'm not even winning half my matches. 5. Can't answer ya that one, does seem a bit off. [QUOTE=Jacko00]I know this game has to be a challenge but unless you are a big name it is near impossible to succeed.[/QUOTE] That's not true in the least. I along with many others are havign no problems finding success and furthering our careers. (And I suck at the game)

1. From the getgo, you can make up to 3000 a month, If you'll win your matches. + the income from portfolio. 2. In this case, I agree with you. I really would like them (promotions) to rise and fall, get and lose tv and PPV-deals. 3. That totally depends on the promotion, and wrestler who cheats, 'cause every wrestler has his/her own meter of how far can he/she go on with cheating. Read the help file. :) 4. I'm in 2012, I have three relationships: One wrestler as my protege (choosed him when I created the RTL wrestler), and two relationships that have come randomly, over the News Sticker (He/she said on the radio good things about him/her). So, you really shouldn't be making relationships from the start, you should concentrate on winning matches and raising your wrestlers skills. 5. Maybe you're small rookie in a large promotion; Enchantment talents and opener tend to be not-booked, you know. Remember, it's Rookie to Legend, you should be Main event material right from the start. Try to stick with Small - Local, or maybe regional promotions. I'm in US, and I remember not being booked in USPW, so I sticked with MAW, NYCW and CZCW, and never ever looked back. Try to be patient: It takes time to rise in popularity, gain money, buy skills and form relationships, but it's worth it; when you're the top dog in a huge promotions, or winning championships etc. with your own wrestler, it feels just that damn good.

[QUOTE]These are the problems with this game, all are valid.[/QUOTE] Your absolute confidence in that statement would seem to be a bit misplaced given the responses so far! A lot of people on this board seem to be doing pretty well with "unknown" workers, so calling it impossible seems to be quite an overstatement. Missing out the other points as they have already been addressed well by other posts, [QUOTE]2) The rate of promotions rising and falling and getting new TV shows, this never happens and how can you be succesful in the UK, Europe or anywhere other than USA and Japan if the promotions dont get TV deals and PPV deals?[/QUOTE] It doesn't "never" happen, it's merely a very slow process, much like in reality.

[QUOTE=Jacko00]To me they are valid reasons, once I do have matches its great, i just think it takes too long to gain popularity and money.[/QUOTE] I understand that you are struggling with the game, I merely think that you could have worded your post a bit better. Your very first line was "These are the problems with this game, [B]all are valid[/B]" - that comes across as very hostile, you weren't even giving people a chance to help you, you'd already made up your mind that you were right and these were things that could not be overcome. Had they all been undisputable points then it might have been OK, but as the later posts have shown, your "impossible" tasks actually have been achieved by lots of people on the board. Again, I'm not saying that these aren't valid problems for you, and hopefully the other posts have helped you overcome them, I'm simply a little annoyed at the tone you took in your post, especially when this forum has so far been a very friendly place with people giving advice and tips freely.

Hey, hang on Adam I never in any way written that as a hostile complaint, I am sorry it seemed like that but I have been posting on this board for a long time and have purchased all your games and I have never written anything in a bad tone before. What I meant by valid was that they were problems that i felt could not be fixed but I just wanted to vent them. Everyone who was nice to reply has given me a new outlook on it and I will try and be more patient with this game and see what happens. After all we are allowed to vent our feelings and give you positive and negative feedback. I dont mean any malice and I thank you for making these great wrestling games and I hope you will keep making them as long as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived