[BETA] Territory Daze

26 minutes ago, Oranmilne said:

I don't think this is officially a bug but this happened... I don't even think I want whatever fix would've changed this. image.png.dca585088a98ee0355e409b59ae3de60.png

The two tag champs feuding for the belt, very Hangman vs. Omega-esque.

Edited by raspymorten
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Out of curiosity, would people be happy with the data as it is now for a while? As it's completely playable and the only real issue is dates, I was thinking I might start work on Shifting Sands to get it in to a similar state and then come back to Territory Daze to finish it offer afterwards. Obviously, if anyone finds any big holes or problems I can put out "patches" but I think that's what I'm going to do as I think I need a break from Territory Daze anyway. 

• Like 12

Fairly minor, but the booking team for the WWWF consists of Dick Woerhle, Fabulous Moolah and Baron Mikel Scicluna but they all have 0 booking skill.

EDIT: Would be worth working through the respect levels as well as the stats for the locker room leaders and chief enforcers aren't high enough in lots of cases (I think it needs to be above 75).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jhd1 said:

Fairly minor, but the booking team for the WWWF consists of Dick Woerhle, Fabulous Moolah and Baron Mikel Scicluna but they all have 0 booking skill.

EDIT: Would be worth working through the respect levels as well as the stats for the locker room leaders and chief enforcers aren't high enough in lots of cases (I think it needs to be above 75).

For some reason, I got it in my head that they were glorified road agents as part of the booking team and didn't need "Booking Skills". 😅 This'll be corrected in later versions.

Respect is something I've wanted to look at for a while so I knew this was going to be a problem but wanted to make use of the booking teams for people in the interim. Again, this is almost certainly something that'll be looked at in future updates.

Thank you for taking the time to have a look. ❤️

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mammoth said:

Out of curiosity, would people be happy with the data as it is now for a while? As it's completely playable and the only real issue is dates, I was thinking I might start work on Shifting Sands to get it in to a similar state and then come back to Territory Daze to finish it offer afterwards. Obviously, if anyone finds any big holes or problems I can put out "patches" but I think that's what I'm going to do as I think I need a break from Territory Daze anyway. 

honestly yeah , probably gonna start a long play soon and wont update database for a while anyway

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2024 at 8:58 PM, Ahmed4040 said:

Out of curiosity, why did you name the WWWF show just "Studio Wrestling" rather than actually use the names of existing shows back then? (Like WWWF's Heavyweight Wrestling, for example)

I'm sorry, I thought I'd already replied to this but it appears I read it and never got 'round to replying.

I don't use "WWWF's Heavyweight Wrestling from Washington" because there's conflicting information on when its run ended. Some say early-70s and some say late-60s, so I erred on the side of caution. If anybody has any definitive evidence that they were still running (like in an old TV guide or something) then I'm more than willing to add them a second show. By the way, "Studio Wrestling" was a real show - it's not a place holder. They just didn't have much imagination for names in the 1970s. 😅

12 hours ago, ATN90 said:

Is Jerry Jarrett a child of Eddie Marlin on purpose even though Marlin is Jerry's father-in-law?

Yes. There isn't an "in-law" option and by all accounts, Jerry and Eddie basically had a parental relationship so it's the relationship that made most sense rather than, say, a "Distant Relationship" with a "Strong Friendship" thrown in there as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mammoth said:

I'm sorry, I thought I'd already replied to this but it appears I read it and never got 'round to replying.

I don't use "WWWF's Heavyweight Wrestling from Washington" because there's conflicting information on when its run ended. Some say early-70s and some say late-60s, so I erred on the side of caution. If anybody has any definitive evidence that they were still running (like in an old TV guide or something) then I'm more than willing to add them a second show. By the way, "Studio Wrestling" was a real show - it's not a place holder. They just didn't have much imagination for names in the 1970s. 😅

Yes. There isn't an "in-law" option and by all accounts, Jerry and Eddie basically had a parental relationship so it's the relationship that made most sense rather than, say, a "Distant Relationship" with a "Strong Friendship" thrown in there as well.

I’d personally go with “like family” since they aren’t blood relation, but I understand your reasoning.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mammoth said:

Wouldn't "Like family" work?

13 hours ago, Mammoth said:

Thanks for the reply! According to Wrestling Wiki and Wikipedia, the last Heavyweight Wrestling show aired on September 25, 1971. I checked Cagematch for September 1971 and found this show: https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=346800&page=2

Also as for Studio Wrestling I did actually find more about that when I was searching more about that "Battman" guy. Apparently it was never actually promoted by WWWF but rather by Bruno Sammartino himself, and WWWF allowed him to use their titles and roster for his show and to hold it inside the WWWF territory. I think it makes sense to include it under WWWF though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ahmed4040 said:

Also as for Studio Wrestling I did actually find more about that when I was searching more about that "Battman" guy. Apparently it was never actually promoted by WWWF but rather by Bruno Sammartino himself, and WWWF allowed him to use their titles and roster for his show and to hold it inside the WWWF territory. I think it makes sense to include it under WWWF though

One thing I should have also mentioned about Studio Wrestling was that Bruno Sammartino and Battman were never recognized as WWWF International Tag Team Champions by WWWF, but only by Bruno's own Studio Wrestling territory. WWWF had Tony Marino (Same guy as Battman) and Victor Rivera recognized as champions, or at least that's what's written in WIkipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_International_Tag_Team_Championship

• Like 1