Hey I am having trouble understanding installing patch 146. I know to unzip but after that I am stuck also I'm confused on Database/Data Files. Once again I am new to doing something like this. I tried looking up videos for the game to see how others do it but nothing. I'm new to the terms of PC gaming so excuse me if I'm a little slow with the downloads. Hopefully this is posted to the right person/forum. Thank you

On 7/30/2024 at 6:57 PM, littlestarwatcher said:

Hey I am having trouble understanding installing patch 146. I know to unzip but after that I am stuck also I'm confused on Database/Data Files. Once again I am new to doing something like this. I tried looking up videos for the game to see how others do it but nothing. I'm new to the terms of PC gaming so excuse me if I'm a little slow with the downloads. Hopefully this is posted to the right person/forum. Thank you

Once you've unzipped, you will have a file called TEW2020.EXE (you may not necessarily see the ".EXE" part, depending on your settings). Right click on it and select Cut or Copy.

Making sure that TEW is not running, navigate to your TEW folder - this will likely be in Program Files > GDS  > TEW2020, but may be different depending on how you installed the game.

If you're in the right place, you will be looking at a folder that contains subfolders called things like Databases, Skins, Pictures and System and there will also be a file called TEW2020.EXE (again, you might not see the ".EXE" part).

Single click on that TEW2020.exe file to highlight it, then press CTRL-V on your keyboard. This will paste the patch that you copied / cut in the first paragraph. You will be asked if you want to replace the current file - say Yes.

You are now up to date.