Can't get into TNA(national fed)

I know for a fact I have more popularity than their lower midcarders. Shouldn't that be enough? I thought I would only need to be better than the enhancement talent, but I'm just about at their midcarders' level. Still, I was rejected. How much popularity do I need? My stats are good by this time too. I'm much better than any TNA lower midacarders I fight in other feds. What do I need?

The thing you have to remember is that your wrestler operates under somewhat different rules than the A.I. In this particular situation, the A.I. started with less popular workers in their undercard - so they will keep them over you to maintain the status quo. In many ways, it is just like the AI move sets: If you preassign a move in the AI move sets, regardless of stat requirements, the AI will use them. Your player, on the other hand, is bound to the requirements. You are held to a higher standard than the AI.

Yeah, but how do I know when I'll be acceptable to them? I have to quit a fed or keep 1 of 3 spots open to reapply every so often. I'm more over than Roderick Strong and Austin Aries. Do I need to wait until I'm at Alex Shelley level at 45%, which is a little less than 20 points away!

I don't want to quit a fed and be unable to come back until 6 months just to hear TNA still won't take me when I'm more over than half their roster. I'm the ROH champion for crying out loud! I know that would only count in real life and doesn't translate to mean anything in this game, I'm just saying. Do I seriously need to wait until I'm in TNA's upper midcarder level before even getting a job at all?

Have you made friends with anyone on TNAs roster? Is TNA's roster already stacked to the gills? What style are they? Perhaps Regular Wrestlers do not interest them. Despite complaints of lack of realism, if you decide to work three promotions at once, these are the situations you will run into. It's the very same reason I limit myself to working 2 promotions at any one time: something is always bound to pop up.

Have you been putting money into stats other than you wrestling skills, like consistency, charisma, psychology, etc.? Those are supposed to help in getting hired. I'm guessing since they're national most of their guys are on exclusive written contracts but if any aren't and work for other promotions you can get into try to get a friendship relationship with them which also improves your odds. And if there are any regions with promotions in the US you haven't worked in yet try them also even if they're small, having some popularity all across the US instead of just 1 or 2 regions may help though I'm not sure. That's all I can think of other than saying keep winning.

Archived