TEW IX Real World Updates by TheWho87

3 hours ago, RobinS said:

Just my personal opinion based on this ranking:

• Cena should almost be on the same level as The Rock.
  • Logan Paul and Rey Mysterio should be higher.
  • Iyo Sky could be lower, or maybe move Bayley up so they're on the same level, and Rhea Ripley above those two?
  • Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows should be lower.
  • Omos should be lower as he has barely appeared in the past year.
  • Trish Stratus could be higher, but I'm not sure.
  • Piper Niven and Chelsea Green should be at the same level.
  • Joe Hendry could at least be on the same level as Ethan Page and Trick Williams given how hot he is right now.
  • Liv Morgan should have a significant boost and be on the same level as Bayley and Iyo.
  • Pat McAfee could be more popular due to his fame outside of wrestling.
  • R-Truth should be higher.
  • Maybe Uncle Howdy—I’m not sure how you want to handle this one, as Bo Dallas is taking over an already established character, which makes it tricky to incorporate into the game.
  • Samantha Irvin could use a boost.
  • Jacob Fatu, as pointed out by Questlove, could use an increase.

There was also a typo for JD McDonagh, written as DJ McDonagh. I don't know if it was a copy/paste error from the database, but it gave me a gimmick idea.

• Mercedes could be on the same level as Bayley, Iyo, and Liv.
  • Christian Cage should be up, or Claudio Castagnoli down.
  • I'm not a Darby Allin fan, but he's more over than others in the same popularity range.
  • Jay White around 15 seems low, especially with Austin Gunn around 20.
  • Riho could get a bit more, but maybe that's just because I like her.
  • Juice Robinson could be around the same level as Austin Gunn.
  • Willow is also too low.
  • And Will, as Questlove pointed out.

I hope this list is helpful! Best of luck! 😊

Case could be made for Rhea being the most over woman in the company. Like 70-75 pop. If anything else, she's slightly behind Becky Lynch.

Edited by Michael Wayne
  • Like 4

Asuka, and Shotzi Blackheart are both missing starting injuries (unless you've added them since the TEW 2020 release) 

Asuka's was undisclosed but obviously required surgery. So prolly something around 30 week recovery.

Shotzi had an ACL injury, which also required surgery which she had a few months ago.. Supposed recovery time is 9 months.

Paul Heyman and Roman Reigns should be removed from the Bloodline with Roman removed as the requirement and Solo set as the leader.

Chad Gable, the Creed Brothers and Ivy Nile are a stable known as American Made (Creed Brothers should also be renamed this as the WWE team)

Chad should be removed from Alpha Academy.

Ivy Nile turned heel tonight. 

Priest and Rhea should be set to babyface and removed from Judgement Day with Carlito and Liv Morgan added to Judgement Day. There's talk that Judgement Day is being rebranded as Street Trash.

Sonya Deville, Shayna Baszler and Zoey Starks are now known as The Pure Fusion Collective

Damage Ctrl members should be set to babyface.

CM Punk should be set to babyface and Drew McIntyre to heel

Edited by Michael Wayne

2 hours ago, seanzie87 said:

I may be stupid, but is there a way to convert the worker pictures to the new style with the promotion/stable borders?

You would need to convert hem into that style, I haven't figured the right settings to get that to work yet.

7 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

You would need to convert hem into that style, I haven't figured the right settings to get that to work yet.

If I figure it out I'll let you know and attach a folder with the new style. No promises though, especially if it's super time consuming.

8 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

So I took the SAMP gifs from TEW 2020, and put them in the pic folder you used, moved a couple things around. It works okay, but there are obviously some pictures missing, or not formatted right in their name, and the stables would need to be completely re-named.

But if you add the attached folders to the correct folders in your pics, and then do the following in the editor:

Companies
Logo Becomes 'Their Initials.jpg'
Backdrop Becomes Same As Logo

Workers
Picture Becomes 'Their Name.gif'

...it becomes a start, at least. Not perfect, but something.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/iksexglgrpzi7a7/GIF+Pics.zip/file

1 hour ago, seanzie87 said:

So I took the SAMP gifs from TEW 2020, and put them in the pic folder you used, moved a couple things around. It works okay, but there are obviously some pictures missing, or not formatted right in their name, and the stables would need to be completely re-named.

But if you add the attached folders to the correct folders in your pics, and then do the following in the editor:

Companies
Logo Becomes 'Their Initials.jpg'
Backdrop Becomes Same As Logo

Workers
Picture Becomes 'Their Name.gif'

...it becomes a start, at least. Not perfect, but something.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/iksexglgrpzi7a7/GIF+Pics.zip/file

That's not converting my pack in that style, it's using someone else pack IN that style.

Been working mostly on sorting out the dates/heights/weights, put a few things mentions into the database.

On 8/4/2024 at 7:45 PM, AdamantiumGrowells said:

First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO WHO87

since TEW9 uses a new gender identity and pronouns data
as a non binary person I feel the need to mention for the next update:
Abadon - non binary - uses they/them pronouns
Maxx the impaler - non binary - they/them
Mike bailey - non binary - he/them
Veda scott - non binary - she/them

I've put the above into the database, in regard to other changes of gender ID, there are the ones I know of and have changed, the trans females were easier to remember/find as I had given them the "no pregnancies" attribute, is there anyone else in the database that would need to have their gender ID changed in a similar manner.

Trans Male
- Aiden Von Engeland
- Kagetsu

Trans Female
- Candy Lee
- Dark Sheik
- Edith Surreal
- Gabbi Tuft
- Jamie Senegal
- Jessica Love
- Kidd Bandit
- Mariah Moreno
- Miss Gaviota
- Nyla Rose
- Sonny Kiss
- VENY

On 8/27/2024 at 11:39 AM, Kafei01 said:

Hi TheWho87

Are you planning a post All In patch ?

If so, there are some things you can change and the most important : Nigel McGuiness is now an active wrestler 🥳

Is he though? From what I saw and heard from him post match it seems like a one off.

Also just a reminder, there won't be an update for September.

However with how things are progressing there could be an update for October.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, dashrvddw said:

This has been playing really well for me. Always enjoy your mods!

One height update: Tracy Williams is listed as 5'8" but he is actually 6'2"

He also has a training school with Drew Gulak and Wheeler Yuta based in Philadelphia, https://thecatchpoint.com

Heights and weights were not changed for this release they are the defaults the converter spat out, that is getting fixed for the next update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bit of an update, I've finished the "easy" part of fixing up workers, I've now got Mexico and Non-Wrestlers to go through, a bit more effort needed for these, Mexico needs double checking against Luchawiki as well as Cagematch, and for Non-Wrestlers who knows, that's fun.

There is also around 350 workers I've marked for removal, mostly due to not having a Cagematch profile. There were some exceptions, I won't be removing Tombstone Jesus any time soon.

• Like 6

Finished geo tags for locations and promotions, updated the contract start dates for WWE and NXT, currently planning out some pop changes. for WWE, NXT and AEW, these are the current plans on what to change, this would be their base American pop.

WWE/NXT
Bayley: 45>50
Bron Breakker: 40>60
Charlotte: 70>60
Dexter Lumis: 30>40
Dominik Mysterio: 50>55
Dragon Lee: 20>30
Erik Rowan: 30>40
Giulia: 0>30
Gunter: 60>70
IYO SKY: 50>40
Jacob Fatu: 0>45
Joe Gacy: 20>30
Kelani Jordan: 10>20
LA Knight: 65>70
Liv Morgan: 30>45
Nick Aldis: 30>40
Nikki Cross: 30>40
Omos: 40>30
Rhia Ripley: 45>60
Ridge Holland: 40>25
Sami Zayn: 60>70
Solo Sikoa: 45>55
Tama Tonga: 30>40
Tiffany Straton: 30>45
Tonga Loa: 0>40
Uncle Howdy: 25>40

AEW
Adam Copeland: 60>50
Beast Mortos: 15>20
Brian Cage: 30>20
Buddy Matthews: 30>25
Chris Jericho: 60>50
Daniel Garcia: 20>40
Darby Allin: 40>50
Jack Perry: 25>45
Kamille: 0>20
Kazichika Okada: 50>45
Killswitch: 20>25
Konosuke Takeshita: 0>30
Kris Statlander: 20>25
Malakai Black: 40>30
Maria May: 0>40
Marina Shafir: 10>20
Mercedes Mone: 45>40
Nick Wayne: 0>20
Nigel McGuinness: 25>30
Orange Cassidy: 30>40
PAC: 30>40
Paul Wight: 45>40
Serena Deeb: 25>20
Skye Blue: 0>15
Thunder Rosa: 25>20
Toni Storm: 30>40
Will Ospreay: 0>45
Willow Nightingale: 0>20

Other
Becky Lynch: 70>60

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Teravangalo said:

So you have Uncle Howdy at 25>40 pop... is their a reason why? I feel like he should be higher. At least a 60

Rhea Ripley is also crazy to me her pop should rival Roman Reigns which I would personally put at a 80

Uncle Howdy is going from 25 to 40, they have hyped them for a while and only started doing stuff with them, was thinking in the 40-50 range,

60 for Rhea Ripley would put her in the main event of women in WWE, I was thinking pushing up to 70.

Also bare in mind I tend to prefer to underate pop in my mod to allow for some developent, there is a full breakdown of the current set up before any changes on the previous page.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

Uncle Howdy is going from 25 to 40, they have hyped them for a while and only started doing stuff with them, was thinking in the 40-50 range,

60 for Rhea Ripley would put her in the main event of women in WWE, I was thinking pushing up to 70.

Also bare in mind I tend to prefer to underate pop in my mod to allow for some developent, there is a full breakdown of the current set up before any changes on the previous page.

I really appreciate the lower pop ratings, I think it reflects reality well. Sure acts get a boost from being on TV, but truly over acts who can draw and make a difference are hard to find. 

Personally I prefer indie workers being quite low on pop (or isolated pop to a region) and TV workers ranging from 20 - 100 with big gaps. 

When everyone on the big promotions rosters is rated 60-90 it feels very unrealistic, especially when we've seen what happens when a lot of these acts go back to the indies, be it Dijack, Santana or even some of the bigger midcard names. They often have an initial pop and then cool right down.

Rhea I do think is legitimately over huge though.

Anyway, I appreciate it and for a new act like the Wyatt Sicks you can always buff the popularity a fair bit (as you have) and give them flavour of the month to simulate the hotness of a new gimmick.

Edited by daveportivo
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

I understand that. Thanks