[IWF] A Night To Remember 2006

For those of you who enjoyed "Imperial Games 2007", here is the supercard that came before it, "A Night To Remember 2006". Truth is, I really don't have the time or desire to post an entire dynasty, but I [i]am[/i] willing to bring you all my two biggest yearly events (A Night To Remember and Imperial Games) as they happen. I hope everyone enjoys these! I'm particularly proud of my lineup here. For now, I'll give you all the card and explain what's going on leading into the event. So without further ado . . . [center] [color=Red][size=5] [b]A Night To Remember 2006[/b] Jump in the Fire [/size][/color] Live from the IWF Arena in Pontiac, Illinois [/center] [size=4]PRE-SHOW MATCHES:[/size] Backseat Boyz (Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere) Vs Joshi Alliance (Michiko Omukai and Sakura Hirota) Dawson Polaris & Sting (Dawson Polaris and Sting) Vs The Blue Bloods (Steven Regal and Robert Eaton) [size=4]A NIGHT TO REMEMBER:[/size] The Sandman Vs Goldberg [i]The Story: Goldberg made waves upon his debut with unprovoked attacks on IWF Champion Kurt Angle. After getting sick of Goldberg's boasts, Angle challenged him to beat his old WCW streak. Taking this a step further, IWF Owner Brandon Harwell got both Goldberg and Angle to sign a contract stating that Goldberg is not allowed to challenge for any IWF gold until he bests his previous streak of 173 straight wins without a single loss; in addition, if he fails, not only can he never challenge for IWF gold, but he also will not get his contract renewed whenever it comes up! Between IWF Sunday Night Fights and house show appearances, Goldberg has manageds to work his way up to 55 straight wins, but now he actually has a tough challenger stepping in the way: The Sandman.[/i] [size=3]Barbed Wire Match:[/size] "The Beast" Bob Sapp Vs "Babyface Assassin" Josh Barnett [i]The Story: Does a shootfight with barbed wire ropes need any story?[/i] Joshi Alliance (Jaguar Yokota, Manami Toyota, and Nanae Takahashi) Vs Jim Cornette Talent Agency (Chuck Liddell, Aja Kong, and The Bloody) [i]The Story: Ever since the formation of Joshi Alliance, they have been hounded by some less respectable people higher up on the ladder. As of late, Aja Kong and The Bloody in particular have cheated several times in order to screw these girls over. Now Joshi Alliance mentor Jaguar Yokota has laid down the challenge to Jim Cornette's entire crew: put up or go home. In a brazan move, she even challenged IWF Title contender Chuck Liddell to join the fun, if only to get rid of any variables. Still, Jaguar's team has an uphilll climb here, with the fierce Liddell standing across the ring.[/i] [size=3]Pure Rules Match:[/size] Mika Akino Vs Mariko Yoshida [i]The Story: Mariko Yoshida is the best female in the wrestling industry today, able to compete relatively evenly with the men. She even took AJ Styles on the ride of his life, barely missing scoring a win over him a few weeks ago on IWF Sunday Night Fights. Mika Akino made a helluva debut against Jimmy Dragon, busting his eye socket and nearly ending his chances of competing for the IWF Title tonight. Now these two Joshi badasses will clash in the ring in what promises to be one of the best matches of the year.[/i] [size=3]Inferno Match:[/size] Brandon Harwell Vs Edge [i]The Story: IWF Owner Brandon Harwell is out for blood: Edge's. Edge made his debut by joining up with D'Lo Brown, and did not endear himself over the following weeks. First he creamed Harwell himself, then clobbered Harwell's crush Lindsey Lewis. He followed this up by setting Harwell up for an attack by D'Lo that would send him to the hospital, and D'Lo followed up the attack in an attempt to take the boss out completely. Edge then did the unthinkable by setting Lindsey on fire. Harwell has had enough and is looking for revenge, using Edge's favorite weapon against him: fire![/i] [size=3]Two-Out-Of-Three-Falls Match:[/size] Lindsey Lewis Vs D'Lo Brown [i]The Story: This is the other half of the love story taking place between IWF Owner Brandon Harwell and Lindsey Lewis. D'Lo Brown lost a match to the young woman and went absolutely berserk, first stalking Lindsey, then bullying the backstage staff, and then destroying a lot of IWF equipment. Harwell came to Lindsey's aid, but D'Lo recruited Edge to help even the odds. Now with Harwell keeping Edge busy, Lindsey plans to settle things with D'Lo once and for all![/i] [size=3]IWF TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT Tornado Tag Match:[/size] Shelley & Malenko (Alex Shelley and Chad Malenko) Vs The Impact Players (Justin Credible and Lance Storm) (c) [i]The Story: Justin Credible's tag team partner, Perry Saturn, lost match after match for the team, so Credible called up an old friend: Lance Storm. By the time he arrived, though, Kurt Angle and Jimmy Dragon had already won the IWF Tag Team Titles. With the revival of The Impact Players, though, it was only a matter of time (and several sneak attacks) before the IWF Tag Team Champions would have to defend the belts against them. Due to a single error, a miscommunication between Angle and Dragon, Credible and L. Storm managed to take the IWF Tag Team Titles. They are now the hunted: Shelley & Malenko defeated KroniK to earn a shot here tonight.[/i] [size=3]War Games:[/size] New Blood (John Sebastian, Sean O'Haire, Jerry Dunvegan, Austin Aries, and Matt Stryker) Vs The Old Guard (Roddy Piper, Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, Diamond Dallas Page, and Doug Dunvegan) [i]The Story: With the IWF debut of John Sebastian on Piper's Pit came IWF's hottest feud. What started as a sinple skirmish between Classic and Roddy Piper became so much more. Vince Russo brought Classic together with his team of Sean O'Haire and Jerry Dunvegan, and this thing blew up. They started picking fights with everyone they considered "old enough to retire", and at the top of their list were Ultimate Warrior and Randy Savage. The two sides continued to clash, but then the tides turned in the summer when Classic angered Diamond Dallas Page, making the fight four-on-three. Russo had a plan, though, and eventually hired Austin Aries and Matt Stryker to back up his men. As November rolled around, New Blood got so out of control that Jerry D.'s own father, Doug Dunvegan, ended up getting tangled up in the war, leading to this fateful encounter.[/i] [size=3]IWF TITLE BOUT Iron Man Match:[/size] Jimmy Dragon Vs Kurt Angle (c) [i]The Story: This match has been in the making since Jimmy Dragon made his debut back in May. Kurt Angle has held the IWF Title since becoming the first IWF Champion way back in February. Both men have proven to be nearly unstoppable in the ring. Angle and Dragon even teamed up and demolished the tag team division, becoming the first IWF Tag Team Champions. Unfortunately, it was not to last. A miscommunication cost them the belts to The Impact Players and sparked a raging debate over who was superior. They were unstoppable, but one of them had to be better. No normal match could contain these two, though, and so it was decided: an Iron Man Match would decide the fate of the IWF Title. This is a match of honor and respect between these old friends and former partners for the most coveted gold in wrestling today, and there must be a winner! Who will prevail, the Olympic Hero or The Dragon?[/i] [b]CAST:[/b] Dave Pouliot as Dawson Polaris Sarah Stock as Lindsey Lewis Chad Collyer as Chad Malenko John Walters as "The Classic" John Sebastian Jeremiah Negray as Jerry Dunvegan Dutch Mantell as Doug Dunvegan Bryan Danielson as Jimmy Dragon

Pre-Show Matches [b]Note: The pre-show match results were copied directly from TEW2004. The rest of the matches are [i]all[/i] written by hand by me alone. Note also that this was all written up about a month ago, which is how I'm posting it all at once like this. ENJOY![/b] [b]Backseat Boyz v Joshi Alliance[/b] Acid walked into a kick to the gut from Michiko Omukai...Michiko short-arm clotheslined Kashmere...Sakura Hirota blasted Kashmere with a series of forearms to the face...Sakura Hirota hit Acid with a clothesline from the second rope...Michiko Omukai hit Johnny Kashmere with a chop... Sakura missed a charge into the turnbuckle when Acid slipped behind her, and then got hit with a back suplex as she staggered backward...After an irish whip, Sakura ducked for a backdrop. Acid blocked it by grabbing a suplex, and blasting Sakura with a brainbuster suplex...That led to a count that was a split-second away from being three...Michiko Omukai hit an Implant DDT on Acid...A blind charge into the corner by Sakura Hirota only found turnbuckle. Kashmere followed up with a swinging DDT out of the corner...Michiko Omukai was whipped into the ropes, and rebounded into a Backseat Boyz double shoulder tackle...Johnny Kashmere got hit from behind with the Tiger Suplex by Michiko, and got pinned. [b]Joshi Alliance (Mickiko Omukai and Sakura Hirota) defeated Backseat Boyz (Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere) when Michiko pinned Kashmere after a tiger suplex in 0:09:51. Rating: B+[/b] [u]In-ring interview with Dawson Polaris & Sting[/u] [i]Dawson Polaris & Sting were interviewed by Kimberly in the ring. They hyped up the upcoming match with The Blue Bloods.[/i] Rating: B [b]Dawson Polaris & Sting v The Blue Bloods[/b] A short powerbomb by Eaton left Sting down on the mat...Regal walked into a big right hand from Sting...An amateur-style takedown from Steven Regal put Sting on the mat...Dawson was choked in the corner by Eaton...Sting was taken over with a suplex from Regal...Steven Regal applied a hammerlock to Dawson, then turned it into a bodyslam to weaken the arm...An amateur-style takedown from Steven Regal put Dawson on the mat... Regal hit Sting with a gutwrench suplex...Robert Eaton suplexed Dawson...An arm bar by Regal let him control Sting...An amateur-style takedown from Steven Regal put Dawson on the mat...Sting hit Regal with a clothesline...With Regal grounded, Sting applied a sleeper hold to weaken him...Eaton slammed Dawson...A wild swing by Dawson left him vunerable, and Regal capitalized with a belly to back suplex... Robert Eaton hit Dawson in the back with an elbow, then followed up with a spinning back suplex...Steven Regal blasted Dawson with a brainbuster...Regal missed a charge into the turnbuckle when Dawson slipped behind him, and then got hit with a back suplex as he staggered backward...Regal applied a hammerlock on a grounded Dawson, then drove knees into the back of his arm, softening it up...A stunned Dawson Polaris fell victim to a Eaton flying clothesline from the top rope...Steven Regal got stunned. Sting came from behind him to hit the Scorpion Deathdrop...That led to a count that was a split-second away from being three...Dawson Polaris hit a superplex on Regal...Sting came off the ropes, but right into a huge Eaton dropkick...Robert Eaton countered a backdrop attempt with a stump piledriver on Dawson...After flooring him, Sting locked Robert Eaton in the Scorpion Deathlock, getting the tap out. [b]Dawson Polaris & Sting (Dawson Polaris and Sting) defeated The Blue Bloods (Steven Regal and Robert Eaton) when Sting made Eaton submit to the Scorpion Deathlock in 0:13:24. Rating: B[/b]

The Sandman V Goldberg The Sandman attacked Goldberg before the belt with his Singapore cane, beating him down to the mat as he entered the ring. Goldberg quickly came back from that and hit the Spear, going for the quick win. Sandman wasn't about to just roll over, though, and kicked out at one. Sandman backed Goldberg into a corner, stomped him down, and started choking him with the ropes. The fans were going nuts for Sandman to kick Goldberg's ass, but Goldberg cleaned Sandman's clock with a big punch before tossing him with a couple suplexes. Goldberg tried to whip Sandman into the ropes, but Sandman reversed it and hit a powerslam. Sandman went to the outside and set up a table, then pulled Goldberg out of the ring. After a hotshot on the guardrail, Sandman set Goldberg up on the table. The crowd popped huge when Sandman put Goldberg through the table with a slingshot somersault legdrop from the inside of the ring. Sandman tossed Goldberg back into the ring and went in for the kill. Sandman grabbed his Singapore cane, looking for the White Russian Legsweep, but Goldberg hit another Spear. Goldberg grabbed Sandman, hit the Jackhammer, and got booed out of the building as he picked up win #56. [b]Goldberg pinned The Sandman with the Jackhammer in 0:07:12. Rating: B+[/b]

Bob Sapp V Josh Barnett [size=4]Barbed Wire Match[/size] Bob Sapp was eager to rip Josh Barnett to threads and pick up a win against him at last in IWF. Barnett went for a series of punches early, but Sapp ducked down and tackled Barnett. Sapp rained down heavy punches on Barnett, but Barnett threw him off. Barnett tried to whip Sapp into the barbed wire, but Sapp grabbed him in a big belly-to-belly suplex. Sapp took control, stomping Barnett into the mat, and tried to choke him with the barbed wire. Barnett fought back hard, and ended up tripping Sapp into the barbed wire, busting him open. Barnett tried to hit a sitdown splash in the barbed wire, but Sapp moved, and Barnett crotched himself in it. Sapp leveled Barnett and stomped him some more. Barnett continued to fight back, but Sapp grinded his face across the barbed wire, busting him open. Barnett hit a series of back elbows to fight Sapp off, then whipped him into the barbed wire to do some more damage. Sapp staggered back, and Barnett hit a dropkick on him, sending him back into the barbed wire. Sapp was bleeding like a faucet at this point, but he countered Barnett's attempt at the Captured Buster with a high knee. Sapp flung Barnett into the barbed wire hard, ripping him up. Barnett fought back hard, laying into Sapp with a series of punches. Both men were bleeding like crazy at this point, and starting to slow down from the damage. Sapp still had plenty left in him, though, and flattened Barnett with another high knee. Sapp went outside the ring now and got wire cutters out from under the ring. He cut off a length of the barbed wire at this point and wrapped it around his arm. Barnett got up, only to get nailed by Sapp with the Lariat with the arm wrapped in barbed wire. Sapp immediately followed up by using the same arm to apply a sleeperhold, to which Barnett tapped. [b]Bob Sapp made Josh Barnett submit after a sleeperhold in 0:18:50. Rating: A[/b]

Joshi Alliance V Jim Cornette Talent Agency [u]Backstage interview with Joshi Alliance[/u] [i]Joshi Alliance were interviewed by Kimberly backstage. They hyped up the upcoming match with Jim Cornette Talent Agency.[/i] Rating: B+ [u]Match[/u] Jaguar Yokota and Aja Kong started the match. Jaguar took Aja to the mat, but Aja fought back and pounded on her. Aja tagged in The Bloody, and the two started double-teaming Jaguar. Nanae Takahashi tried to intervene, but was cut off by Chuck Liddell. Manami Toyota went to the top turnbuckle and wiped out Aja, Bloody, and Jaguar with a flying leg lariat. Jaguar tossed Bloody out of the ring, then tagged in Manami. Jaguar and Manami started double-teaming Aja at this point, but Liddell entered the ring and laid them both out. Nanae dragged Aja out of the ring at this point and hurled her into the ring post before ramming her head into the ring post multiple times. Liddell tried to interfere, but Manami hit a tope con hilo and took him down. Jaguar hit the Jaguar Driver on Bloody, but Liddell got back in time to break up the pin. Liddell cleaned house, sending all three Joshi Alliance members to the floor. Jim Cornette got involved at this point, smacking Manami with his tennis racket while the ref tended to the charging Liddell. Liddell tossed the ref aside, but Manami tagged out to Nanae. Nanae tackled Liddell, but was attacked from behind by Aja. Aja and Liddell double-teamed Nanae now. Jaguar and Manami tried to help Nanae, but Aja laid them out with a double clothesline. Liddell hit the Punch Rush on Nanae to get the pin. [b]Jim Cornette Talent Agency (Chuck Liddell, Aja Kong, and The Bloody) defeated Joshi Alliance (Jaguar Yokota, Manami Toyota, and Nanae Takahashi) when Liddell pinned Nanae with the Punch Rush in 0:12:41. Rating: A[/b]

Mika Akino V Mariko Yoshida [size=4]Pure Rules Match[/size] The match started out slowly, with Mika Akino locking up with Mariko Yoshida. Mariko took Mika down to the mat and tried to apply an armbar, but Mika got out of it and hit a dropkick to the face. Mariko got up, but Mika took her back down with an Asai bodyblock for one-count. Mariko shot for Mika's legs and took her back down, going for a kneebar this time, but Mika kicked her in the face and sent her into the corner. Mariko charged back out, but Mika caught her with a spike belly-to-belly suplex. Mika tried to pick Mariko up, but Mariko countered with a small package for a two-count. Mariko hit a short powerbomb at that point and put Mika in an armlock leglock submission. Mika got to the ropes, using her first rope break. Mika went to the floor to take a short break, getting back in after 10 in the count. Mariko immediately took her back to the mat, bringing her down with an Exploder. Mariko caught Mika in the Figure-Four, and Mika got to the ropes, using her second rope break. Mariko tried to grab Mika again, but Mika got up and levelled her with an enzuigiri. Mariko got up, but Mika hit a savate kick to level her and get a two-count. Mariko got up and instantly went for the Air Raid Crash, but Mika slid down her back and brought her down with a sunset flip. Mariko was in the ropes, using her first rope break. Mariko kicked Mika off, then hit a slingshot bodyblock to take her down from the ring apron. Mariko waited, and when Mika got up, she hit a rolling elbowsmash. Mariko got a one-count for that one. Mika caught Mariko with a lung blower, and Mariko barely managed to kick out of that one. Mika took control of the match at this point, whipping Mariko into the ropes and hitting a roundhouse kick. Mika went to the top turnbuckle and hit a frog splash for another near-fall. Mika went and tried for a flying somersault splash, but Mariko got her knees up. Mariko whipped Mika into the ropes. Mika came back, trying a springboard cross-body block, but Mariko caught her with a huge fallaway slam. Mariko went for the Mariko Sleeper, but Mika used her final rope break to escape. Mika hit a slingshot headscissors from the ring apron, but Mariko got up and tackled her. Mika gave her a stiff knee and got up, but Mariko caught her with the Air Raid Crash, getting the three-count. [b]Mariko Yoshida pinned Mika Akino with the Air Raid Crash in 0:24:31. Rating: A*[/b] [u]Post-Match[/u] [i]After the bout, Mariko Yoshida and Mika Akino shook hands in the ring.[/i]

Brandon Harwell V Edge [u]Video[/u] [i]A video was shown to hype the storyline 'Brandon & Lindsey: Love'.[/i] Rating: B [u]Backstage interview with Brandon & Lindsey[/u] [i]Brandon & Lindsey were interviewed by Kimberly backstage. They hyped up the upcoming match with D'Lo Brown and Edge.[/i] Rating: B+ [u]Match[/u] [size=4]Inferno Match[/size] IWF Owner Brandon Harwell was furious enough at Edge, but Edge antagonized him further by taunting him before the bell. Harwell immediately shot for Edge's legs, tacking him and getting him into a single-leg takedown into a leglock. Edge knew what he was dealing with now. Harwell let go and hit a series of stomps. Edge got up and speared Harwell and laid into him with a fury of punches. Harwell sent him flying with a monkey flip. Edge got up and brawled with Harwell, getting the upper-hand. Edge tried to knock Harwell out with the Edgecution, but Harwell countered it with a Northern Lights suplex. Harwell went outside and grabbed the lighter fluid from ringside. Edge came off the top turnbuckle with a plancha, but Harwell was ready and hosed him down with lighter fluid. Edge got up and kicked the matches out of Harwell's hand, then grabbed him and put him in a bearhug. Now they were both covered with lighter fluid. Harwell gave Edge a stiff knee to the groin, stunning him. Harwell hit the Stone Cold Stunner at that point, then grabbed the matches. He carefully lit one and tossed it at Edge, setting him on fire and picking up the win as he laughed. [b]Brandon Harwell defeated Edge by setting him on fire in 0:10:06. Rating: B+[/b]

Lindsey Lewis V D'lo Brown [size=4]Two-Out-Of-Three-Falls Match[/size] D'Lo Brown taunted Lindsey Lewis from the start, slapping her and laughing at her. Lindsey speared him and started pounding on him. D'Lo tossed Lindsey off easily, then put her in a Camel Clutch. Lindsey reached the ropes, and D'Lo slammed her face-first on the mat, busting her open. D'Lo went outside the ring and grabbed a chair, but once he got back in the ring, the ref disarmed him. Lindsey went for the Angel Cutter, but D'Lo picked her up with a backdrop driver for a two-count. D'Lo pulled Lindsey up, and she whipped him into the corner. Lindsey went for a Stinger Splash, but D'Lo pulled the ref in the way. D'Lo clotheslined Lindsey, grabbed the chair, and then smashed her face in with it once she got up. D'Lo woke up the ref, then hit the Sky High and got a three-count to get a fall. D'Lo tried to hit the Sky High again right away, but Lindsey countered it with a front dropkick, sending D'Lo out of the ring through the ropes. Lindsey hit a Tornado Dive, getting a big pop from the crowd. D'Lo got back up and shrugged it off, then rammed Lindsey into the ring post before tossing her back into the ring. D'Lo climbed the turnbuckle and went for the Low Down, but Lindsey grabbed the chair and propped it up with her knees, hurting D'Lo badly. She shrugged off her own pain from the counter as the ref gave her a warning and discarded the chair. Lindsey got ready to pounce, and hit the Angel Cutter as D'Lo got up, getting the three-count to even the falls out. D'Lo recovers and whips Lindsey into the turnbuckle hard. D'Lo goes to the opposite turnbuckle and removes the turnbuckle pad, then grabs Lindsey and whips her into the exposed turnbuckle, getting a warning from the ref in the process. D'Lo shoved the ref, and Lindsey rolled him up with an inside cradle for a near-fall. D'Lo rose and kicked Lindsey in the head, nearly knocking her out. Lindsey rolled out to the floor, and D'Lo hit her with a baseball slide. D'Lo was content to let her get counted out as he taunted the fans, but Lindsey recovered and climbed back into the ring. D'Lo charged, but she hit a single-leg takedown, catching him in the ropes. Lindsey bounced off the opposite ropes, then came back and hit the 619 on D'Lo. Lindsey waited, and when D'Lo got up, she took him down with an impressive slingshot backspin DDT. She immediately switched around and caught D'Lo in the Rear Naked Choke, and with no where to go, D'Lo was forced to tap. [b]Lindsey Lewis defeated D'Lo Brown 2 falls to 1: x D'Lo beat Lindsey via the Sky High in 0:05:20 x Lindsey beat D'Lo via the Angel Cutter in 0:10:35 x Lindsey beat D'Lo via the Rear Naked Choke in 0:15:48 Rating: A[/b] [u]Angle[/u] [i]Brandon Harwell and Lindsey Lewis were backstage. After a brief conversation, they ended up kissing.[/i] Rating: B

Shelley & Malenko V The Impact Players [size=4][u]IWF Tag Team Title Bout[/u] Tornado Tag Match[/size] Lance Storm and Alex Shelley started things off. L. Storm tried to wrestle Shelley down, but Shelley kept up with him easily. Shelley caught L. Storm in an armbar, but it was broken up by Justin Credible. Chad Malenko entered the ring and levelled Credible with a lariat. Shelley tossed L. Storm into the turnbuckle and went to town on him with a series of punches followed by a monkey flip. Shelley dragged L. Storm to his team's corner and tagged in C. Malenko. C. Malenko and Shelley double-teamed L. Storm for a bit, but then Shelley went over to deal with Credible while C. Malenko took care of things in the ring. Shelley speared Credible through the ropes and to the floor. C. Malenko schooled L. Storm at this point, countering all of L. Storm's attempts to get back into the match. C. Malenko slammed L. Storm's face on his knee, then hit a knee breaker. C. Malenko caught L. Storm in the Texas Cloverleaf, and L. Storm tapped while Shelley kept Credible busy on the outside. Credible grabbed his Singapore cane, entered the ring, and wiped out the ref. He then nailed C. Malenko with it over and over, sending him out of the ring and to the floor. Shelley entered the ring, ducked a shot from Credible, and hit a dropkick to the knee. Shelley tossed the Singapore cane out, and Credible rolled out of the ring. Credible grabbed one of the IWF Tag Team Title belts from ringside and clocked C. Malenko with it, knocking him out. He then entered the ring and levelled Shelley with it. Credible woke up the ref and went for the pin, but Shelley still managed to kick out. Credible went for the That's Incredible, but Shelley slipped out of it, switched position to get behind Credible, and hit the Shellshock out of nowhere, getting a huge pop from the crowd. Shelley went for the pin and got the three-count to win the IWF Tag Team Titles! [b]Shelley & Malenko (Alex Shelley & Chad Malenko) defeated The Impact Players (Justin Credible and Lance Storm): x C. Malenko beat L. Storm via the Texas Cloverleaf in 0:15:41 x Shelley beat Credible via the Shellshock in 0:19:37 Rating: A (Shelley & Malenko won the IWF Tag Team Titles.)[/b]

New Blood V The Old Guard [u]Sit-down interview with New Blood[/u] [i]New Blood were interviewed by Kimberly in a sit-down backstage interview. They hyped up the upcoming match with The Old Guard.[/i] Rating: A [u]Sit-down interview with The Old Guard[/u] [i]The Old Guard were interviewed by Kimberly in a sit-down backstage interview. They hyped up the upcoming match with New Blood.[/i] Rating: A [u]Video[/u] [i]A video was shown to hype the storyline 'Piper versus Classic'.[/i] Rating: A [u]Video[/u] [i]A video was shown to hype the storyline 'New Blood v Ultimate Maniacs'.[/i] Rating: B+ [u]Match[/u] [size=4]War Games[/size] Austin Aries and Randy Savage started things off. Aries was able to out-maneuver Macho Man at first, but once Macho Man caught him, things turned around. Macho Man pounded Aries into a corner. Macho Man rammed Aries's head into the turnbuckle ten times, then hurled him to the middle of the ring. Macho Man went to the top turnbuckle and hit the Sky Scorcher Elbow, taking the advantage. While waiting on the clock, Macho Man kept up the heat on Aries, picking him up and giving him a bodyslam, then picking him up again and dumping him between the two rings. New Blood wins the coin toss! Matt Stryker enters the cage and goes after Macho Man, who levels him with a stiff kick to the midsection. Macho Man is on fire, and as Aries tries to get back into things, Macho Man whips Stryker into him, sending them both between the two rings. Ultimate Warrior enters the cage next, and he and Macho Man completely dominate Aries and Stryker from that point on. Vince Russo is trying to bark orders from outside the cage to no avail; it's finally time to send someone in, so Sean O'Haire enters the cage. Macho Man and Warrior go after him, but he ducks down and evens things out with a double low blow. Diamond Dallas Page enters the cage and goes after O'Haire. DDP tries for a DDT, but O'Haire counters it with the Northern Lights Suplex. O'Haire goes to the top turnbuckle and hits the Seanton Bomb on DDP as Aries and Stryker recover and go for revenge on Macho Man and Warrior. Jerry Dunvegan enters the cage and goes to assist Aries and Stryker. Warrior fights them both off, huffing and puffing and Hulking Up. Jerry D. just laughs at him and spikes his head off the mat with a bulldog. Warrior no-sells it, gets up, and hurls Jerry D. to the next ring. He then picks up Aries and hurls him at Jerry D., sending them both down. Doug Dunvegan enters the cage and goes after his son, who begs off. Aries attacks Doug D. from behind. Warrior clobbers Stryker. DDP comes back and takes down O'Haire. John Sebastian enters the cage at last and immediately levels DDP with a flying clothesline, then hits the Classic Low Blow on Warrior. Warrior no-sells it, so Classic shoots on him and kicks him in the nuts, and down he goes. Aries and Stryker double-team Doug D. while Jerry D. tries to avoid his father. Jerry D. goes after Macho Man instead. Roddy Piper enters the cage at last and goes after Classic. War Games, THE MATCH BEYOND, has begun! Classic and Piper duke it out in one ring while Aries and Stryker double-team Doug D. in the other. DDP gets the upper-hand on O'Haire and eventually takes him out with the Diamond Cutter. Jerry D. wipes out Macho Man with the Enforcer. DDP and Jerry D. go at it now, with Jerry D. getting the upper-hand and grinding DDP's face on the cage. Almost everyone is busted open at this point, blood everywhere. Doug D. comes back and slams Aries and Stryker with a double clothesline. Warrior tries to recover, but Classic catches Piper in the corner and then clotheslines Warrior to between the rings, trapping him and tangling him up. DDP goes for the Diamond Cutter on Jerry D., but gets shoved into the cage. Aries grabs Doug D.'s leg and trips him up, stopping him from helping DDP. Jerry D. and Classic double-team Piper now, with Jerry D. hitting the Enforcer. New Blood cleans house! John Sebastian executes the Classic Cloverleaf on Roddy Piper, grinding his head against the cage door. Piper tries to fight off the pain, but there's no one to help him as the members of New Blood keep the other members of The Old Guard at bay. Piper submits at last, bringing the match to an end! [b]New Blood (John Sebastian, Sean O'Haire, Jerry Dunvegan, Austin Aries, and Matt Stryker) defeated The Old Guard (Roddy Piper, Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, Diamond Dallas Page, and Doug Dunvegan) when Classic made Piper submit to the Classic Cloverleaf in 0:23:17. Rating: B+[/b]

Jimmy Dragon V Kurt Angle [u]Sit-down interview with Kurt Angle[/u] [i]Kurt Angle was interviewed by Kimberly in a sit-down backstage interview. He hyped up his upcoming match with Jimmy Dragon.[/i] Rating: A [u]Video[/u] [i]A video was shown to hype the storyline 'Real American Heroes'.[/i] Rating: A [u]Match[/u] [size=4][u]IWF Title Bout[/u] Iron Man Match[/size] Jimmy Dragon and Kurt Angle shook hands as the opening bell rang. After studying each other for a moment, the two men locked up, both of them trying to get a good position over the other. Angle picked Dragon up and slammed him, then went down to the mat on him. Angle tried for an armlock leglock submission, but Dragon countered it with a kick to the head. Dragon kicked up, and Angle shot for his legs. Dragon rolled over him and tried for a bbelly-to-back suplex, but Angle countered with a backflip. Angle tried for the Olympic Slam, but Dragon countered it with a bulldog. Dragon caught Angle in a front facelock, but Angle backed him into the corner hard. Angle gave Dragon a series of punches to the stomach, then placed him on the turnbuckle. Angle took Dragon over with a spike belly-to-belly suplexplex, getting a huge pop. Dragon tried to shrug it off, but Angle was all over him. Angle went for a rear naked choke, but Dragon got his arms up. Angle switched to a full nelson, but Dragon got a foot on the top rope to force a break. The fans went nuts for that chain. Dragon went for a waistlock takedown on Angle, who turned it around and hit a waistlock suplex. Dragon rolled to the outside of the ring for a short break. Angle worked the crowd and Dragon just nodded. Dragon got on the ring apron, waited for Angle to turn around, then hit a slingshot bulldog. Dragon pulled Angle up, and Angle tossed him with an Exploder. Angle grabbed Dragon, who hit a series of kicks all over Angle and then gave him a stiff thrust kick to the stomach. Dragon went for the Dragon Driver, but Angle countered it with a rana for a two-count. Angle staggered Dragon with a Polish Hammer, then bounced him off the ropes, hit a backdrop, pulled him up, and rammed him into the turnbuckle. Dragon staggered back out of the corner, and Angle caught him. Kurt Angle executes the Olympic Slam on Jimmy Dragon! Angle gets the three-count to go up 1 fall to 0. Dragon shrugs off going down a fall and fights back hard, taking Angle to the mat. Angle tries to get on top of Dragon, who keeps him down and applies a side headlock. Angle rams him into the turnbuckle, and Dragon hits a Yakuza kick. Angle staggers back, and Dragon hits a springboard cross-body press, getting a one-count. Angle gets up and picks up Dragon, who slides down his back. Dragon clocks Angle hard in the back of the head with a Roaring Elbow, staggering him. Dragon heads to the top turnbuckle, waits for Angle to turn, and hits the Dragon Fly for a big pop. Jimmy Dragon executes the Dragon Driver on Kurt Angle! Dragon gets the three-count to even things up 1 fall to 1. Dragon pulls Angle back up and catches him in an airplance spin. Dragon intends to hit a rolling Samoan drop, but Angle gets free of him and hits him with a lariat from behind. Dragon gets up, but Angle catches him with a high knee. Angle goes to the top turnbuckle and hits an amazing moonsault for a near-fall. Dragon grabs Angle in a small package for a one-count. Dragon pushes Angle into the corner and hits a series of knife edge chops. Dragon monkey flips him to the middle of the ring and climbs the turnbuckle. Dragon goes for a diving headbutt, but Angle rolls out of the way, spins around, and catches Dragon by surprise. Kurt Angle executes the Angle Lock on Jimmy Dragon! Dragon tries to fight the pain. Dragon tries to crawl to the ropes, but Angle sits down on the leg, immobilizing him while putting more and more pressure on the ankle. Dragon taps out, and Angle goes up 2 falls to 1. Dragon seems a little worried at this point, and is more careful with his offensive now. Angle goes on the attack, and Dragon takes him over with a huge spike belly-to-belly suplex. Dragon whips Angle into the corner and hits a Stinger Splash, then slams him down with a flying bulldog. Dragon goes back up top and hits a frog splash for a two-count. Angle fights back when Dragon pulls him up, and the two wrestle back and forth a bit. Dragon manages to get the upper-hand with a single-leg takedown into a leglock. Angle refuses to give up, so Dragon switches over to an STF. Angle still refuses to give up. Dragon gets up and hits a standing moonsault for a one-count. Angle tosses him off, gets up, and hits a high knee. Angle takes over, whipping Dragon into the corner and hitting an avalanche. Dragon staggers out of the corner, but drops down and rolls out of the ring to avoid the Olympic Slam. Angle goes after him, and Dragon jumps up on the ring apron and hits a running shooting star bodyblock, getting "holy ****" chants. Dragon gets up and gives Angle a cradle back suplex on the concrete floor, then rolls him back into the ring and heads to the top turnbuckle. Dragon goes for the Dragon Fly, but Angle catches him with a gutbuster counter. Angle goes for the Angle Lock, but Dragon turns over and gives him a springing dropkick to the face as he kicks to his feet. "IWF" chants are heard now as they lock up again. Angle whips Dragon into the ropes and tries to catch him with a waistlock suplex, but Dragon counters with a backflip and hits a dragon suplex on Angle. Unfortunately, Angle's weight pushes Dragon down, and it ends up as a double pin! The match is now 3 falls to 2, with no change in advantage. Dragon is in trouble at this point as the clock winds down. Angle tries to just conserve his energy now, forcing Dragon to make the next move. Dragon shoots for Angle's legs, but Angle is ready and slams Dragon down with a forearm to the back. He follows this up with a kneedrop. Angle covers, but only gets a one-count. Angle slows it down again, and Dragon is forced to go on the offensive. Dragon gives Angle a series of kicks, but Angle's defensive position allows him to shrug most of them off. Dragon goes for an Asai bodyblock, but Angle catches him with a Tombstone piledriver for a near-fall. Dragon pulls Angle down with a quick small package for a two-count. Angle leaves the ring now, biding his time. Dragon hits a running tope, wiping him out on the floor. Dragon pulls Angle up and whips him into the guardrail, then whips him into the ring post. Dragon slams Angle's face into the ring post, then tosses him back into the ring. Dragon goes to the turnbuckle, but Angle jumps up and tosses him down with a Super Exploder. Angle lets the straps on his tights down now and gets ready for another Olympic Slam. Dragon gets up and counters the Olympic Slam with a crucifix for a one-count. Angle immediately goes for the Angle Lock, but Dragon grabs the bottom rope and forces a break. We're in the final moments of the match now, and Dragon is feeling the pressure. Angle starts playing defensive again, and Dragon goes after him with everything he has. Dragon starts Hulking Up, and whips Angle into the turnbuckle, hitting a Stinger Splash and then giving him a Stunner. Dragon jumps to the top turnbuckle, and as soon as Angle is up, Dragon hits the Dragon Fly. Jimmy Dragon executes the Dragon Driver on Kurt Angle! Dragon gets the three-count to even the match up at 3 falls to 3. Seconds later, the bell ring, the time limit having expired. The ref lets the match go into sudden death overtime, as THERE MUST BE A WINNER! More "IWF" chants as Angle nods to Dragon and the two lock up again. Angle tries to take Dragon down, but Dragon spins around and gets on Angles back. After a series of forearms to the back to slam Angle down, Dragon catches him under his arms. Jimmy Dragon executes the Final Countdown on Kurt Angle! Angle tries fighting the pain and tries to get to the ropes, but Dragon has him in the middle of the ring. Angle keeps fighting, almost passing out several times, but stays strong for a whole minute. Angle keeps trying to break the hold, but Dragon refuses to let go. Angle tries picking him up, but Dragon throws his weight down on him, keeping him on the mat for a second minute. Angle tries to fight the pain, but his willpower finally gives out as he taps out, and Dragon wins the IWF Title! [b]Jimmy Dragon defeated Kurt Angle 4 falls to 3: x Angle beat Dragon via the Olympic Slam in 0:20:18 x Dragon beat Angle via the Dragon Driver in 0:25:19 x Angle beat Dragon via the Angle Lock in 0:30:05 x Double Pin (Dragon and Angle) in 0:50:29 x Dragon beat Angle via the Dragon Driver in 0:59:50 x Time Limit Expired (Dragon and Angle) in 1:00:00 x Dragon beat Angle via the Final Countdown in 1:02:48 Rating: A* (Jimmy Dragon won the IWF Title.)[/b] [u]Post-Match[/u] [i]After the bout, Jimmy Dragon and Kurt Angle shook hands in the ring. Angle then handed the IWF Title belt to Dragon and raised his arm in victory.[/i]

A Night To Remember 2006: Recap [font=Courier New]PRE-SHOW: Joshi Alliance (Mickiko Omukai and Sakura Hirota) defeated Backseat Boyz (Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere) when Michiko pinned Kashmere after a tiger suplex in 0:09:51. Rating: B+ Dawson Polaris & Sting (Dawson Polaris and Sting) defeated The Blue Bloods (Steven Regal and Robert Eaton) when Sting made Eaton submit to the Scorpion Deathlock in 0:13:24. Rating: B A NIGHT TO REMEMBER: Goldberg pinned The Sandman with the Jackhammer in 0:07:12. Rating: B+ Barbed Wire Match: Bob Sapp made Josh Barnett submit after a sleeperhold in 0:18:50. Rating: A Jim Cornette Talent Agency (Chuck Liddell, Aja Kong, and The Bloody) defeated Joshi Alliance (Jaguar Yokota, Manami Toyota, and Nanae Takahashi) when Liddell pinned Nanae with the Punch Rush in 0:12:41. Rating: A Pure Rules Match: Mariko Yoshida pinned Mika Akino with the Air Raid Crash in 0:24:31. Rating: A* Inferno Match: Brandon Harwell defeated Edge by setting him on fire in 0:10:06. Rating: B+ Brandon Harwell was sidelined with a Major Thigh Injury, and will be out of action until January 15 2007. Two-Out-Of-Three-Falls Match: Lindsey Lewis defeated D'Lo Brown 2 falls to 1: x D'Lo beat Lindsey via the Sky High in 0:05:20 x Lindsey beat D'Lo via the Angel Cutter in 0:10:35 x Lindsey beat D'Lo via the Rear Naked Choke in 0:15:48 Rating: A Tornado Tag Match: Shelley & Malenko (Alex Shelley & Chad Malenko) defeated The Impact Players (Justin Credible and Lance Storm): x C. Malenko beat L. Storm via the Texas Cloverleaf in 0:15:41 x Shelley beat Credible via the Shellshock in 0:19:37 Rating: A (Shelley & Malenko won the IWF Tag Team Titles.) War Games: New Blood (John Sebastian, Sean O'Haire, Jerry Dunvegan, Austin Aries, and Matt Stryker) defeated The Old Guard (Roddy Piper, Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, Diamond Dallas Page, and Doug Dunvegan) when Classic made Piper submit to the Classic Cloverleaf in 0:23:17. Rating: B+ Iron Man Match: Jimmy Dragon defeated Kurt Angle 4 falls to 3: x Angle beat Dragon via the Olympic Slam in 0:20:18 x Dragon beat Angle via the Dragon Driver in 0:25:19 x Angle beat Dragon via the Angle Lock in 0:30:05 x Double Pin (Dragon and Angle) in 0:50:29 x Dragon beat Angle via the Dragon Driver in 0:59:50 x Time Limit Expired (Dragon and Angle) in 1:00:00 x Dragon beat Angle via the Final Countdown in 1:02:48 Rating: A* (Jimmy Dragon won the IWF Title.)[/font] [b]Attendance: 10,881 Rating: A PPV Buyrate: 0.88 (387,748 buys)[/b] So what did you guys think of that one? I am especially proud of the main event. Totally awesome!

[QUOTE=TCP1]Where is your promotion set? Also what style is it? There seems to be so many MMA and joshis in there.[/QUOTE] Oh, hey there TCP1! You about got lost in the middle of all that, heh! Anyway, to answer your questions . . . First note that this is from my ongoing TEW2004 game (I'm too far into it to give it up, although I do also play TEW2005 as well as another wrestling sim) . . . Anyway, the promotion is a Hybrid promotion called Imperia Wrestling Franchise (then-Imperia Wrestling Federation, IWF for short), and it does business out of Illinois in the USA area. I do indeed have several MMA fighters and a ton of Joshi wrestlers on my roster, as well as a healthy mix of just about everything else save for hosses, which are more or less banned from my promotion except during the early rounds of Imperial Games (my other big event). I have built up a lot of my workers over time to insane stats; as of this writing, I'm in September of 2007 and have nine workers with 100 Mat Work (Ace Steel, AJ Styles, AKINO, Alex Shelley, Chad Collyer, Homicide, James Gibson, Bryan Danielson, and Low Ki), and a majority of my people have over 80 in at least one in-ring skill and over 80 in both Wrestling Basics and Psychology (many over 90 in both, in fact). In my current game, I am the top promotion in the USA with 95.5 overness across the entire area, and I am quickly rising to be the top promotion worldwide (although WWE had a huge head start in all areas outside of the USA, so it'll be a while before I catch them, despite my worldwide television deal). It's taken a lot of work and careful planning to get to where I am. I have a training camp (Imperia Boot Camp) and I bought out both Pro Wrestling Guerrilla and Ring of Honor (turned both into developmental territories). My [i]skinny[/i] Dana Dameson is a hula dancer (don't ask, lol) and my Goldberg is up to 179 and 0 (all part of the storyline; I doubt I'm gonna renew his contract when it comes up, and he'll probably never touch IWF gold). I'm so big I have Randy Orton as a Lower Midcarder and Randy Savage as an Interviewer, hahaha!

Archived