Will TEW iX be released on Steam?

Probably not, Greydog Software has always been a stubborn opponent of the big storefront model.  They trialed Steam for a while by putting their older titles on the platform, but evidently they still didn't like what they were getting in exchange for Steam taking a cut of the profit.

• Like 1

I always disliked GDS not using Steam - I think it lessens their chance of their games ever getting a big audience.  Especially since other Wrestling Booking games are on the platform.  They have probably done the math and decided it isn't worth it because none of their older games boomed but I still think it's an inherently success limiting strategy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I think they disliked Steam cuz of piracy issue and big middlemen cut. They had not been using Steam for a long while.

Regional pricing could eat into the profit as well. Recently, I got Wrestle Spirit 3 on Steam because its $8.24 in Malaysia there compare to $24.95 on the webstore here.

Edited by Goliathus

49 minutes ago, Goliathus said:

I think they disliked Steam cuz of piracy issue and big middlemen cut. They had not been using Steam for a long while.

Regional pricing could eat into the profit as well. Recently, I got Wrestle Spirit 3 on Steam because its $8.24 in Malaysia there compare to $24.95 on the webstore here.

Steam doesn't control DRM distribution (see: Denuvo) or regional pricing, so these would be non-issues.