War Of The Immortals

So been along time fan of this mod and the way Jan left it off on 2020 sounded like he wasn't going to be working on it much anymore. So my question is... Is anyone gonna be continuing that mod? I have thought about trying to work on it but I have never modded before and would love some help with it if no one is planning on continuing with it. I do have some ideas!

Since it's the mod that got me into TEW I'm considering at least cleaning up the conversion... Like, heights, weights, any relations that are noticeably wrong, that kind of thing. Don't know if I have the time to really commit to even that sort of project though. It's a very big mod. 😅 Likewise not used to doing big mods like that, just stat adjustments to my personal preferences.

Edited by jaythewizard1
Elaboration is all.

Is Tommy still around at all? If memory serves he started this idea way back in 05. I wonder what he's up to these days I'm sure he'd be happy to know its been carried on all these game generations later.  Good luck to whoever tackles it. Its always a fun idea. 

Yes, pls do so. It would be a shame if such a traditional mod and all our work go to waste. I know this mod is a monster, so if anybody is hesitant about picking this up, i offer my help with everything WOTI related and getting into the Database

21 hours ago, Stennick said:

Is Tommy still around at all? If memory serves he started this idea way back in 05. I wonder what he's up to these days I'm sure he'd be happy to know its been carried on all these game generations later.  Good luck to whoever tackles it. Its always a fun idea. 

I think both, Tommy and Mr. Kayfabe, lurk here from time to time. Would be awesome if they get involved.

Edited by janS

1 hour ago, janS said:

Yes, pls do so. It would be a shame if such a traditional mod and all our work go to waste. I know this mod is a monster, so if anybody is hesitant about picking this up, i offer my help with everything WOTI related and getting into the Database

I think both, Tommy and Mr. Kayfabe, lurk here from time to time. Would be awesome if they get involved.

Care if I DM you?

wrote you.

To get you guys started i converted the mod to TEWIX and fixed all errors and minor conversion related issues.

Download Link: WOTI7

Here is a list of things that could be worked on:

-Updated most US workers, but stopped at "Shawn D."
-Mexican and Japanese workers haven´t been touched for a long time, so they need to be updated
-Fix: Dragon Lee not being Mistico
-Important Side Note: "Worker Relationships" have the biggest impact on loading times for the mod
-Many workers have "Attributes" missing
-Players always like new additional pictures;)
-TEWIX doesn´t allow future "Title Lineages". So i had to set the mod date to a current year and change workers debut year etc. This means most "Narratives" and timed changes like "Broadcaster Changes" will not occur. You could set them to a fitting date in the future to make them appear in the game again.
-Title Lineage dates are messed up from the conversion. As fixing them by hand would be a pain, maybe use some SQL Editor to mass convert dates from 2020 to IX?
-Conversion List: You can find a list with things that may need adjustments from the conversion here

Edited by janS
  • Like 2

On 8/5/2024 at 6:26 PM, jaythewizard1 said:

Since it's the mod that got me into TEW I'm considering at least cleaning up the conversion... Like, heights, weights, any relations that are noticeably wrong, that kind of thing. Don't know if I have the time to really commit to even that sort of project though. It's a very big mod. 😅 Likewise not used to doing big mods like that, just stat adjustments to my personal preferences.

DM Me

Would anyone be interested in rosters being changed? I’ve got a few ideas on rosters but would love to hear other opinions. 

Company wise… I have a plan to make all inactive companies re debut at a random date. 
speaking of companies… Anyone interested in making others active and/deactivating? 

Currently working on this mod! I do plan on continuing the legacy this mod has!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2024 at 5:20 AM, KingBDL said:

Would anyone be interested in rosters being changed? I’ve got a few ideas on rosters but would love to hear other opinions. 

Company wise… I have a plan to make all inactive companies re debut at a random date. 
speaking of companies… Anyone interested in making others active and/deactivating? 

Currently working on this mod! I do plan on continuing the legacy this mod has!

I Would love help with the mod doing things Like Dojo's and venues