No PGHW thread yet? Kozue is the Glory Crown champion, Kitoaji and Makiguchi both got their Elite Series wins but didn't have the split and feud that seemed to be the go in 2020, Yano & Kikuchi being successful in the tag division, Takano continuing his climb up the ranks

• Like 2

From my experiences so far, the company is set up similar to how they were in 2020, but stronger, and I think I may be enjoying it more than I did then. The popularity boosts to stars like Chojiro Kitoaji, Bussho Makiguchi, Avalanche Takano, and Magnum Kobe make the main event scene a lot more settled, young wrestlers like Shinji Mihara, Shozo Furuta, Nobuyo Hikichi, and Matt Blackburn have either been around long enough to win matches without making people mad, or are just about to lose young lion status, and Shinji at least has the stats to match a very quick push up the card. 

Starting off just a bit more popular than BHOTWG, but massively lacking in the money department, you have an interesting dynamic between the two where PGHW players have the potential to start signing away a lot of major stars from BHOTWG after a few months of build-up, potentially putting them within collapse range. The addition of touring contracts also provides a little extra motivation for the player to have a rotating cast of wrestlers, making any Japan game more interesting imo.

Overall, I'm glad I picked them for my first save. They were one of my favourites in 2020, and they will almost be one of my favourites in TEW9 by the time we're one TEW10.

🙌Praise Kozue Kawashima, the Royal Road never ends🙌

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely agree that the main event scene looks great with a "big six" of Kawashima, Jimbo, Ugaki, Kobe, Kitoaji and Makiguchi the guys for the next few years. With BHOTWG seemingly in decline and a lot of workers potentially available I can see the midcard getting a serious overhaul with plenty of aging guys not getting their contracts renewed (Reaver, Yamanoue, Kada, Nagahama to name a few).

But then there's a new wave of young talent about to break out, led by Shinji Mihara. When you include workers expected to return from excursion, there's about a dozen guys aged 18-26 (and lots aged 22 or 23) with plenty of upside that are surely destined to be a golden generation. I guess the booking challenge is about how much you import from other failing companies (short-term gains) and how much you focus on youth (long-term stability). Very exciting to have that decision.

Speaking of youth, here's a question: which of the young wrestlers do you think has the highest ceiling? Mihara is the obvious answer, but is he just a fast starter?

Mihara is the most ready/primed to be the next big star on the roster imo but the guy on the TCW roster ( I can't recall his name atm) that's on excursion has a ton of potential too. A lot of the young guys out on excursion have a ton of potential to be big parts of the roster when they return.

Just booked Night of GLORY and we are firing on all cylinders. Three title changes mark the first I've booked so far in the save and the formation of my first stable. We open the show with Mihara beating Hikichi for the historical Japan title. Mihara is clearly the standout of a really talented crop youngsters and I felt he was ready for his first singles reign. Then The Ring Generals end the almost 400 day reign of Yano & Kikuchi. Kikuchi was carrying a knee injury coming into this one and that was the story of the match. I wasn't a big fan of passing the belts between these two teams so much but I needed time to build up another team and I wanted to give Kikuchi some time off to heel. Takano then defended the International strap against an aging Muruyama. 

Newcomers Senmatsu & Gensai scored a win over old guard team of Kwakami & Sanda. After Gensai scored the pin on Kwakami, he continues to stomp on him, Senmatsu who was fighting Sanda on the outside, throws Sanda in the ring and the two continue the assault with Gensai holding Sanda's limp body for Senmatsu to hit a super smash lariat. After doing the same to Kwakami, Senmatsu grabs a mic and declares war on PGHW locker room. Saying Senmatsu-gun will take the opportunities that the PGHW management are failing to give them and anyone who feels the same way can join the revolution. The another former BHOTWG man Nakasawa takes on Jimbo in a dream match but the veteran falls short giving the former Glory Crown holder the bragging rights. Furusawa beats Kada to try and elevate him but his pop is only going up 1 point at a time. still a good showing though, hopefully he can start getting over soon. The semi main saw Makiguchi beat Ugaki, finally cementing him as a major star,

The main event was a rematch from the Night Of PRIDE where Kitoaji was hoping lightning would strike twice after beating Kawashima for the Elite Series in a classic 99 rated match. After a near 40 minute war Kitoaji claims his first Glory Crown and is joined by an emotional Makiguchi in the ring as he thanks the fans for all their support. 

image.thumb.png.f2ced2c7d53d8033e147ee6c9f7ceff4.png