Forumverse: The Forum's Mod

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A bit of a problem . . . From the looks of it, events, tag teams, stables, PPV agreements, relationships and worker contracts can't be imported . . . How do you wanna do this for the data? I can't figure out any way to give you the complete data when I'm done with it. Dammit! I spent all the last two days on this, too, but it looks like it won't work. How the heck do mod makers manage to work together to put this data together, anyway? It doesn't seem possible . . .

Okay, I suppose that'll work. Just make sure you grabbed that updated TV networks and PPV carriers file, as that's the one I'll be working off of for my promotions media deals. Anyway, I have more details, for those interested, and for your own information as well. Now for a summary of everything I'm currently working on. American Promotion: [i]Imperia Wrestling Franchise - National - Great Lakes (USA) - Cutting Edge - 45 Workers (Anubis)[/i] [i]Note that all of this is based around my e-fed, which ran on and off from 1999 until 2004. Basically, I am filling in the holes and logically progressing how things may have gone in reality. All of the characters are e-wrestlers who were involved at one point or another.[/i] The Harwell Wrestling Federation opened its doors in 1999 as a Local promotion in Illinois. Funded by the prize money garnered by Brandon Harwell winning a shootfight, the plan was to become the biggest promotion in the world. Harwell set out to find talented workers, and he explored the underground fighting scene in Asia to find his franchise player. The result of his search was a Kumite Champion by the name of Ryu Akimoto. Repackaging Akimoto as heroic Jimmy Dragon, the HWF was ready to take on the world. The promotion was a hit, and business was good. Even after the departures of Harwell's best friends, Jerry Dunvegan and Dawson Polaris, the HWF prospered, but things slowed down for a bit at that point. By 2002, the HWF was a successful Regional promotion running shows all around the Great Lakes region. At this time, the promotion was renamed Imperia Wrestling Federation, and Harwell forged ties with other regional promotions across the country. This period was known as the Second Golden Age of Imperia, which was named after the parent company of the promotion, Imperia Corporation, which was headed by Harwell himself. Soon thereafter, the stable disbanded, with the members going their own ways. With the return of several former workers such as Joey T, Gothic Dragon, and Big Kahuna, business was great once more. IWF, by then, was practically an MMA promotion with the drama of professional wrestling. In addition, Harwell's heavy use of women produced three very talented female workers who managed to break down the gender barrier completely: Felicia Duarte, Kristanna Vola, and Apathy. The good times would not last, though, as unfortunately, mental stress and internal conflicts began taking their toll on not only the company, but Harwell's mental state as well. Even Harwell's new girlfriend, Josie Hendrix, could not stop the paranoia developing in Harwell's mind. Unfortunately, his fears turned out to be very real, as several of his workers had made secret deals with the other regional territories in order to bring down Harwell. Harwell's storylines continued to become riskier and more dangerous, and even the local television networks refused to continue airing his product. IWF was shrouded in darkness. This was when Harwell's infamous "serial killer" storyline was unveiled. The angle, while creative, had no place in professional wrestling, and offended almost everyone. There were mass defections, and in the end, the seriousness of Harwell's actions landed him in a mental institution, leaving Imperia Corporation Vice President Bob Russano in charge of things. Russano brought in wrestling legend Doug Dunvegan to straighten things out, and IWF changed its image entirely, starting on the road to recovery. While the controversial storylines caused a lot of harm to IWF's image in the mainstream, they also gained IWF a very loyal following, and the promotion had become a Cult promotion and a serious contender for nation-wide growth if the problems were fixed. Once Harwell was released from the mental institution, thanks to Josie's efforts, he worked with Doug D. and Russano in order to get IWF noticed. This brought about the hostile takeover of the formerly allied territories by 2005, and the promotion was once again renamed, to Imperia Wrestling Franchise. After weeding out the traitors and rewarding the loyalists, IWF began running a strict Cutting Edge product, adding more in-ring action and getting rid of the ludicrous angles of the past. This was the beginning of the Third Golden Age of Imperia, and IWF had now become a National promotion with a lot of recognition even outside USA. The question is, can IWF continue to grow under the newly reformed business model? Time will tell . . .

Well, I have all the pictures planned out, and the based include everything from wrestlers to celebrities to supermodels and beyond. Just depended upon what kind of look I needed. Now at the moment, the plan is to just put these all on the background, but if there is someone doing renderings for the actual release, I don't want to waste time putting these on the background. If you want them rendered, I can just attach a ZIP file with all the picture bases and let the rendering artist do whatever is needed. Let me know how you want it done. Oh, and before I do any more work, is this project even still being worked on? I haven't seen much activity here or in the other thread for a while save for my own posts. I just don't want to take all the time if this mod isn't going to see a release, you know?

I haven't really had too much to update on. I'm still catching up on all the pictures, but I haven't heard anything from Jonfun. He's not answered the PM I sent last week and he's never on MSN so I haven't been able to talk to him. I've never seen him give an update on this, so Jonfun, how far have you got with your part of the data? Anubis, I think we might need to get renders of those pics. I know Undertaker666 and Clarity have done a LOT of work for the TEWF renders, so are there any other volunteers to render them? I don't want to put too much work on them, unless they really wanted it. Anyone willing to volunteer?

Any update from Jonfun? Any renderers willing to volunteer? Anubis, I can allow real pictures of actors, but not of wrestlers. That's something Jonfun and myself decided a while back. How does that leave the pictures for your workers?

Well i cant speak for Undertaker666 but as long as i get clear cut descriptions on other workers that people want - in that i mean hair length, style, face shapes, details of specific features ie scars etc- then i will carry on making renders

Hey guys, For the Arizona Wrestling Federation, I apologise I haven't been able to get pics for the superstars on my roster thus far however I'll add those into the game world myself upon beta release and submit the finished AZW to you all. Work's been kicking my ass as of late, which is why I can't seem to finish what I start! AAAH!!! :mad: However, I'm moving to on-call status with my job so I'll be able to devote more time to things such as this.

Am I still in on this project. I haven't spoken to you recently, and have been plugging along when I had time. Still not exactly sure what all you want from me. Just let me know what's going on there. email [email]wynn@logjamlimited.com[/email] AIM IanWynn2001 Thanks.

I wont say "yeah i'll help with them" just in case as I wouldn't want to let you down (got other stuff on) but if you're really struggling just let me know and i'll ask Clarity which ones need doing to see if I can help out. :) (i'll still be finishing the TEWF pics however) Haven't you got a "Mr X" lurking in the background though Richard? Is he (she?) still doing pics specifically for the mod?

I'm guessing it's not too late to add a promotion... But I'm kinda tired, so I'll post it tomorrow. I hope I'll be able to do my own pics, but they'll be crap, as I suck at Poser 5 (though I've only used it once or twice). Anyway, it's kinda not completely loading, so maybe I'll have to reinstall it, but I'll prolly be able to use it. If not, maybe I'll get that DAZ thing, or someone will be nice enough to help me out.

ODW (Odd Degenerative Wrestling) Underground From The South East, USA Local Fed Owned by: Kris "Big Daddy" Hagemann ----- Road Agent Main Event [5] King Krush ---- Brawler, HVY---- A mean 6'8 300lb. monster (heel) "Oak Tree" Tim Berk ---- Brawler, Large HVY ---- massive 6'10 450lb.(face) Ronnie Easton ----- MMA, Mid --- 6'3 235lb.former ISKA Kickbox champion (face) Danger Zone ---- pyschopath Mid --- 5'11 225lb. Very little respect for his body or anyone else's (heel) Broadway Bull --- Brawler, HVY --- 6'4 260lb. A big, well developed worker, who's looking to become famous as an actor (face) Uppercards [4] Bo Puke ---- Brawler, HVY Twin brother of Luke.... 6'6 275lb. (face) Luke Puke ---- Brawler, Hvy Twin Brother of Bo....6'4 280lb..(face) "The Pukes of Hazzard" Militia Mike ---- Psycopath, Hvy... Brother of Matt (The Militia Men).. 6'3 260lb (heel) Militia Matt----- Pyscopath, Hvy.... " " " Mike (The Militia Men).. 6'4 265lb (heel) Midcarders[4] Bud "The One" Wiser ---- Brawler, Hvy...6'4 285lbs. A drunkin' sot....(heel)... The Drunkin' Sots George "The Gorge" Dickel ---- Brawler, Hvy..6'3 270lbs. A drunkin' sot (heel).... The Drunkin' Sots Pig Slop ---- Brawler Large Hvy... 6'9 355lbs.(face)...... Pinto Beans and corn Bread(tag) Horse Trough ----- Brawler Large Hvy 6'7 345Lbs.(face).....Pinto Beans and Cornbread(tag) Low Midcarders[3] Crisco ----- Brawler Lt. Hvy 5'10 185lbs. Slippery in the ring and sloppy as well (face) Pistol Paul Price (Triple P)--- Brawler Hvy 6'3 245lbs. A roughneck deputy.. with a big nightstick(heel) "Rooster" Banny Andrews ---- Psychopath Mid 6'1 215lbs... ****Y (heel) Openers[2] Trucker ---- Brawler Lg. Hv... 6'3 340lbs.. Jobber... a jobless truck driver....(face) Warrant Wagner ---- Brawler Hvy... 6'4 260lbs.. Jobber... An escaped convict... (heel) Manager [1] "Double D" Donna Dune ---- A hot, well endowed manager for Pinto Beans and Corn Bread (face) Referee[1] Sly Devil ---- a small man who can't be trusted.... (heel) Announcers and Commentators SparkPlug ---- announcer , an energetic announcer... Lons Lanier --- an overweight commentator who's always eating grocery store sandwiches(already made) I am the Owner and Road agent no backstage workers or Authority figures... Taker666 has a logo for ODW.... I will post it when he's finished....thanks again Taker... and thank you rlobb17

Archived