Noticing a trend here....

My rookie heavyweight works for NYCW, and everytime he has a match there....its with Land Mass..... Every match. And its not an official feud. I even left the promotion for like 6-8 months came back and back to my best of 100 against the guy. I just beat him in a 2 out of 3 falls match, and the next booking, was just a regular match. I wouldn't complain if the guys offense didn't consist of punch, punch Jelly Belly Suplex, Avlanche finisher. I am trying to use NYCW to gain popularity to springboard into DAVE.....kinda hard when they keep sticking me with a guy who I struggle with to get a D-C match with... This happen with anyone else?

Other than getting bored fighting the same guy so long as you're winning the match rating doesn't matter, an F win or an A* win will give you the same amount of popularity. It may be a fluke but trying checking the Push screen, under Creative. It may be that he's the only guy on their roster near your popularity also.

How on earth people still don't understand that match rating [B]DOESN'T[/B] affect your popularity in any way. It's just about wins, and losses that count. EDIT: Do you work for other companies aswell? If you're just in NYCW, It'll take you forever to rise to the popularity level that getting into DAVE needs. I've also had to face the same opponent many times during my almost 7 year career, but I really don't care. Isn't it a good thing, to face the same opponent? You learn to know his/her's weaknesses and strenght's :)

[QUOTE=FINisher]How on earth people still don't understand that match rating [B]DOESN'T[/B] affect your popularity in any way. It's just about wins, and losses that count. EDIT: Do you work for other companies aswell? If you're just in NYCW, It'll take you forever to rise to the popularity level that getting into DAVE needs. I've also had to face the same opponent many times during my almost 7 year career, but I really don't care. Isn't it a good thing, to face the same opponent? You learn to know his/her's weaknesses and strenght's :)[/QUOTE] Sorry I don't have the Help file of the game memorized Fin. I do other stuff. Ill take that into account next time I feel the need to post a question about the game. Yes I work for other companies. I say no its not a good thing if you read my first posting before you decided to remind me I was unaware that match rating had an effect on popularity.

Archived