Lowest chance of success you've won/lost on?

Just curious as to how often people are losing or winning with moves that have low success rates. Personally, I've lost to an Over the shoulder back breaker, which has a 3% submission chance. This was with a young wrestler that didn't have much in the way of spirit. None of my wins have been remarkable, I don't I've won on anything less than a 30% chance yet.

I've had opponents kick out of my two 90% finisher moves. (I'm playing DOTT with Sting) The lowest i've lost on is.. 50%, I think.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]Remember that the Success Rate you see is the [I]base rate[/I], it doesn't necessarily mean that that is the final figure. A 1% Camel Clutch may actually get up to a 5% or 10% level if it's on someone with a back that has been attacked all match.[/QUOTE] Wow, that's useful information to have. I don't mean to nitpick, but has this ever been mentioned before? It's not in the help files, I just checked...

It doens't say that straight out but how do you think it calculates reversals? The reversal you use takes away from the success rate, how much is based on your skills. If you hit 'g' at the screen where it has your picture and your opponents adn lists the rules it will turn on the frequency guide (you must do this every match I think as it turns of after the match again). With that on it will show you exactly how much your reversals and other aspects are effecting it. The hitting 'g' thing is in the help files if ya hadn't noticed it yet. [B]*EDIT*[/B] Actually I was wrong it does say it straight out, in the paragraph talking about frequency adn succes rates. [QUOTE]Note that these values are only the base values, they can be altered by other factors, which will be discussed later on.[/QUOTE] Then this little chart doesn't say "these effect the frequency number" but that is what it is implying. [QUOTE]What can affect the result... Several factors can affect the result of each turn. Momentum - Each wrestler has a momentum bar, showing how he is doing so far. The higher the bar is, the better the chance he has of hitting moves. The lower it is, the less chance he has. Momentum increases and decreases as moves are applied, and it is the biggest factor in a wrestler attacking success. Stamina - As the match goes on, wrestlers will become more and more tired. The lower a worker's stamina value, the quicker he will tire. The more tired a worker gets, the less he'll be able to defend himself, and so the higher the attacker's chance of successfully completing his move or action. Physical - The workers' physical attributes often come into play. Bigger powerful workers are better at using the Break and Fall On Top counters. Small quick wrestlers are better at using the Avoid and Move counters, and are also less likely to be caught going to the top rope. Tag Team Experience - In tag matches, regular teams have an advantage over two individuals. Their tags will be less likely to be missed by the referee, and will be harder for the opponents to block. [/QUOTE] The finally the 'g' thing. [QUOTE]Frequency Guide By loading the match overview screen (see above) and pressing the G key on your keyboard you can activate the Frequency Guide. This means that you will get an on-screen prompt showing you the percentages being used for any Move (not not Action) attempted. This is useful for beginners who want to get a better idea of how the moves work. You can turn it off by pressing G again on the same screen.[/QUOTE]

Oh come on really now, if the health level of a body part did not matter for submissions being successful (and possibly other moves IE head condition being low and hitting a head drop move helping get a pin) what the hell would the point of having body part health be then? It's just common sense.....which appearently is lacking in droves.

[QUOTE=Sartagis]Oh come on really now, if the health level of a body part did not matter for submissions being successful (and possibly other moves IE head condition being low and hitting a head drop move helping get a pin) what the hell would the point of having body part health be then? It's just common sense.....which appearently is lacking in droves.[/QUOTE] Um, it's common sense to deduce the existance of a secret, undocumented modifier that doesn't show up in the Frequency Guide (which supposedly shows all the modifiers and final chance for success)? I'm afraid I don't agree. This is exactly the kind of vital, basic information that belongs in the docs.

I have to agree with the Common Sense brigade. While it would be useful to have it backed up in the help files, the theory that locking an armbar on an opponent with a damaged arm is more effective than locking it on someone without a damaged arm, should really be common sense :p It's the basic foundation of wrestling psychology, for a start...

[QUOTE=Sartagis]Oh come on really now, if the health level of a body part did not matter for submissions being successful (and possibly other moves IE head condition being low and hitting a head drop move helping get a pin) what the hell would the point of having body part health be then? It's just common sense.....which appearently is lacking in droves.[/QUOTE] you're wrong. the point of having body part health? you can't do certain moves without a minimum level of arm/leg health. matches can be ended for medical reasons if you fall to zero health on more than one body part. guessing secret modifiers has nothing to do with "common sense". I mean, we're playing blackjack to get friends and spending money to increase selling ability. no one really knows exactly where things switch from "wrestling simulation" to "game" and vice-versa.

Still doesn't change the fact that it should be common sense that it effects submission rates and such. Actually the fact that it opens up certain moves due to body part health only strengthens the fact that the parts health comes into play. Since you have proof that the health is being calculated into something.

Archived