Martinete?

according to adam from another post The definition is actually any move that involves a worker being "spiked" downward onto the top of their head, so it does not cover moves where the worker is driven down on the back of his head (like a Edge-O-Matic) or face-first (like an X-Factor)

I was always under the impression it was a lucha term for piledrivers - and, as Mystic mentioned, piledriver-type of moves that drop the victim on the top of their head. It's one of the super concepts that Adam introduced into the game, in my opinion, as it allows for a better diversity in promotion types. It is a lot of fun working towards knocking the ref down and timing a well placed piledriver in a fed that disallows it. Or to play a fed that has a lot of 2 out of 3 falls in their booking; pound on the guy and throw one of your falls away just to destroy him with an illegal piledriver. :)

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]I was always under the impression it was a lucha term for piledrivers - and, as Mystic mentioned, piledriver-type of moves that drop the victim on the top of their head. It's one of the super concepts that Adam introduced into the game, in my opinion, as it allows for a better diversity in promotion types. It is a lot of fun working towards knocking the ref down and timing a well placed piledriver in a fed that disallows it. Or to play a fed that has a lot of 2 out of 3 falls in their booking; pound on the guy and throw one of your falls away just to destroy him with an illegal piledriver. :)[/QUOTE] I'm not sure if it implies the regular piledriver. Because I dont think that the piledriver is the that common in Mexico. So when I hear martinete I always think of the Tombstone piledriver. Daniel

According to Luchawiki: [QUOTE]Known elsewhere as the piledriver; the Tombstone version of the move is most commonly used. All piledriver varations are currently illegal in normal lucha libre matches, and grounds for an immediate DQ.[/QUOTE] You're right, Damiende; I guess the inverted piledriver variants are more common these days.

Archived