New race option - Turkic or West Asian

55 minutes ago, thadian said:

As I said with languages - lets have "Edit Race" and just let people add/remove/edit, and do what they want with it. Some people might want to break down every heritage/culture as a "race". Someone might want to add/remove a few they believe should be present ,or even reduce the number of they want. As I said in languages we should not ask for default database space to be used on redundancies that will open a can of everyone saying "add this one, add that one". The best option is "satisfy everyone".

That would be ideal, yes. The system could be extended to training facilities, too, so they generate the correct workers for a country or region. Geo Tags could be used in more places than they are. The main reason I'm asking for the addition of a race option is - it's probably a lot easier to just add one more of what is already there than to revamp the entire system. The addition of Turkic would mean that, very broadly speaking, all countries listed in the game world have an option that is 'accurate enough', without going into detail. Freeform everything would be best, obviously. The next best thing would be broader default options that are at least 'eh, I guess it works, people will know what it is supposed to mean' levels of accurate.

On 8/20/2024 at 12:24 AM, Chikbot said:

I actually do agree with this too. American Indian is not really a term used anymore.

I'm not a fan of the term but the last two textbooks I taught from used "American Indian" to represent the people who were in America before Columbus showed up and other European explorers followed. To try to limit confusion I use the term when I teach because the textbook does. 

I like "Pre-Columbian Inhabitants" myself. I know it won't be used but I think it sums up how the group is being referenced (a group of people who were part of many tribes and societies who had more cultural characteristics in common than the Europeans who showed up later. If it's a single society use the name but that's the collective term as sometimes they need to be referred to as a group). 

Adam changed it now but the term is still used in textbooks, which is a pretty big usage.