Retaining real history in historical mods

So, I've been thinking about playing / editing a historical mod but I have a few questions about the real historical aspect. I would like to book storylines and matches, maybe give a guy a bigger push than in real life, but for the most part, keep the framework of what actually happened. For example, have workers leave companies when they actually did and move to other companies (eg, Hogan still leaves WWF in '93, goes to WCW in '94). Still have the same companies as in real life, the same workers, etc.

The problem is that the game creates new wrestlers and companies and I can't control AI hires either. Is there any way to limit this? I mean, if I pre-set everyone's contracts in the editor to the dates they really worked and turned off graduations, I could probably reduce movement and new workers. I'm guessing that the AI wouldn't open new companies either if there weren't enough unemployed workers.

Another thing is the destiny roll. If there any way to make sure someone gets where they are supposed to? I mean, can I make sure I get Stone Cold Steve Austin instead of a WCW-released Stunning Steve, for example? I guess this would be the potential settings in the editor. But how to set this? Are the potential settings minimum or fixed, like if I set potential to Good, does that mean Good is the best they can acheive or the least?

Quite a lot of questions! I haven't played a historical mod before, so I would appreciate any advice that anyone can give. Thanks!

20 minutes ago, TheChef said:

I mean, can I make sure I get Stone Cold Steve Austin instead of a WCW-released Stunning Steve, for example?

This one you can do with Alter Egos and setting them to be used only in specific companies. So you'd have the worker 'Steve Austin', with the Alter Egos 'Stone Cold Steve Austin (WWE)' and 'Stunning Steve Austin (WCW)'.

• Like 1