Idea... Diary Awards

Just a thought but how about at some stage, just so the writers get some extra feedback, people who read/write diaries on here vote for their favourite angle, storyline/feud, match, card (etc.) Obviously you wouldn't vote for your own diary :D. What do people reckon of the idea? Quote The Raven Nevermore

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
question for nevermore: are you planning this to cover both c-verse and real world diaries? I ask becuase while I personally like both c-verse and real world diaries and have a current c-verse diary going. some people focus only on the real world diaries, because they get to become "Name favorite owner promotion etc.." I don't know how many posts I have read from "new members" who will not even touch TEW or wrespi until a mod is complete.

Personally, I was thinking for both C-Verse and Real World. It's all up to the reader's discretion. Or, if you think it better, we could do two categories. But then, if you have one realworld and one C-Verse diary going at the same time, as I do, you might have an unfair advantage. I'm open to public opinion :D. Quote The Raven Nevermore

Just wanted to gauge some opinion. I reckon for categories we have: [LIST=1] [*]Best presentation of a single character [*]Best feud/storyline [*]Best diary presentation (i.e. visually) [*]Best backstory [*]Most effort (i.e. have they done anything others haven't bothered to do?) [*]Best Match (including the build up to it) [*]Best overall card/show [/LIST] Anything that should be there that I have forgotten? Quote The Raven Nevermore

Okay, I need 5 guys to help with the nominations (I've come to the conclusion this is, by, the most sensible way to organise it). So far on the list of "Go To Guys" (as I rather stupidly dubbed them) are: [LIST=1] [*]Nevermore (obviously) [*]The Stallion [*]The Ego [*]jrmatthews [*]Imarevenant [/LIST] Leave a post or pm me if you want to be included on "The List". [B]NB: Don't apply unless you think you read the diaries section quite widely. You don't have to leave constant feedback but you do need a good idea of what's on the board. The final decision as to whether you're put on "The List" lies with me and the other "Go To Guys" (oh, what was I thinking?) You don't have to write a diary to be on "The List".[/B] Quote The Raven Nevermore

[QUOTE=Nevermore]Personally, I was thinking for both C-Verse and Real World. It's all up to the reader's discretion. Or, if you think it better, we could do two categories. But then, if you have one realworld and one C-Verse diary going at the same time, as I do, you might have an unfair advantage. I'm open to public opinion :D.[/QUOTE] Stick with two seperate catagories... that'll probably make it easier, especially due to the number of people on these forums who seem to follow just one type of diary. I mean, I must confess myself that I soon tired of C-Verse and unless it's really outstanding, I can't see myself following any C-Verse diaries in the near future. Plus, it's probably unfair to compare a fictional universe to a real one.

[QUOTE=Nevermore]Just wanted to gauge some opinion. I reckon for categories we have: [LIST=1] [*]Best presentation of a single character [*]Best feud/storyline [*]Best diary presentation (i.e. visually) [*]Best backstory [*]Most effort (i.e. have they done anything others haven't bothered to do?) [*]Best Match (including the build up to it) [*]Best overall card/show [/LIST] Anything that should be there that I have forgotten? Quote The Raven Nevermore[/QUOTE] This is really shaping up tp be an awesome thing Nevermore. Glad I thought of it :D JK brother!

Questions... 1. Is there any criteria that would qualify a diary for nomination? Such as, but maybe not limited to: -- Should the diary being active? -- Should there be a certain number of events? 2. How often will these awards be um, awarded? -- If on a regular basis, will that effect newer versus established diaries this round? -- If not on a regular basis, how far back will nominations be considered? 3. Will this be written out as a "show" or will the awards just be posted? I understand, I've only just joined (6/30/06), the same day I purchased TEW2005 in fact (trivial information). I love the game and I'm an EWR fanatic since the EW Q-Basic days. I've moved away from other boards because it seems most are strictly "real world" diaries. Not that I'm biased against real world diaries, but I'm looking to absorb Cornellverse information for a diary I'm planning to write myself. I've read A LOT of the diaries here, real and c-verse, since joining. In short, I offer my services as an avid reader and decent writer to help with whatever may be needed to make this a success.

To jrmatthews: I wanted one real newbie ;). Plus, you're grammar is good, which is a rarity on many boards so consider yourself one of the "Go To Guys". Only active diaries can be nominated as this is suppossed to, in part, create a higher profile for them. No specific number of events is required. As far as making this a regular thing, I think we should see if this first one goes well and then make a decision from there. I really like the idea of presenting the final thread/post in the form of a show. I'll consider how we can pull this off. Quote The Raven Nevermore

Archived