Idea... Diary Awards

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've already considered this and it is a very fair point. I reckon we'll just have to rally up support for it. Short of that, who knows, I could find out people's addresses and use my own special blend of intimidation ;). Nah, seriously, just drum up support from all the major diary writers. Quote The Raven Nevermore

Suggestion... When it comes to actual voting, in my experience as an e-fed promoter, here's how I put together my awards and hall of fame shows. I created a panel of tenured or respected members (ala "Go To Guys"). This panel, not counting myself, then turned in their nominations on the award categories. Using odd numbers, ie. five panel members turning in three nominations, produced the best results. I then calculated a final list of nominations based on the votes of the panel, keeping the three most nominated for each category. I turned this list over to the "public" and tabulated their votes to decided the award winners. Again, just a suggestion on how this can be organized in a controlled and fair fashion. Take note, this may be just as much a headache as it could be beneficial, where I was dealing with one promotion/twenty or~so members/quarterly events versus thousands of diaries/characters/events.

I agree with the jrmatthews, about voting. use the "go to guys" to decide the list, then use the public to vote from that list. using the panel to form the "master list" keeps the results from being a 100 way tie for first because their are too many options to vote for. turning the final voting over to the public allows for readers outside of the "panel" to vote. If you keep voting to panel people only you may allienate new members who find this idea cool, but can't vote because they are not a panel memeber. I am sure you will get enough people to vote once the first list comes out.

Although I'm more of a lurker than anything, I'd support the idea of having separate categories for C-Verse and Real World diaries. It's the format that the other message boards I hang out on use for their awards voting and it works extremely. The one exception to the division would be, of course, the overall Diary of the Year (or its equivalent)

I think that a Writter's Choice should be put in where the diary writters vote for their favorite dairies (besides theirs). Kind of like how the NCAA has a Media Poll and then a Coach's Poll, this would be like the coaches poll.

Seperate all awards into 2 categories... Real World and Fake Work(in case people use a made up fed not in the cornellverse). I definately like the idea. Even have the 5 go to guys vote for their favorite 3 in each category. 1st place gets 3 points in that category 2nd place gets 2 and last gets 1. Then take all the points and decide a winner for that category. Then for top diary take all the points from every single category and add them up. I dunno maybe my system is flawed somehow.

I asked the same thing earlier with a slew of other questions. I think Nevermore made the best decision (see below). [QUOTE=Nevermore] ... As far as making this a regular thing, I think we should see if this first one goes well and then make a decision from there. ...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Nevermore]Right, I want one more "Go To Guy" so we can kick things off... anyone who's interested, first, read my little disclaimer on the second page, then if it fits with you, apply ASAP please. Quote The Raven Nevermore[/QUOTE] I can be a "Go To Guy" especially if you need someone a little more familiar with the cornellverse stuff, as I read or have read pretty much everything out there. I read some of the real world stuff so I do have some familiarity with what's out there on that front. **Note** only problem is I can't post on the weekend, since my hard drive died**End Note**

It might now becasue starting next Monday I most likely not have internet at work so I will have to post and read when I get home. That does not give me a whole lot of time becasue I do have a wife that demands my attention (why do you think I am called Stallion :D ). However we can work around all of these problems I think!

[QUOTE=Nevermore]Fair enough, will that pose a problem do you think? Quote The Raven Nevermore[/QUOTE] Don't think it will be a problem as I'm a Researcher and most of my time at work is spent on the internet anyway. So it's no stretch to just pop on the forum to check out what's going on.

The final and official "Go To Guys" list is as follows: [LIST=1] [*]Nevermore (that's me :D) [*]The Stallion [*]The Ego [*]jrmatthews [*]Imarevenant [/LIST] I'll organise how we sort out the nominations via pms to you boys. Quote the Raven Nevermore

Archived