• Front Office Football 2004
    • Front Office Football: The College Years
    • Out of the Park Baseball 6 (OOTP6)
    • Total Pro Basketball
    • Total Pro Football
    • Tournament Dreams College Basketball
    • Other

Guest IrishHand
Obviously, most posters on this board are fans of multiple sports sims. If you were going to be stranded on an island with a laptop and one game, which would it be? (Assume the most current version of the game, if not specified.)

I recently just started playing OOTP6 (I dont even like baseball all that much). I never thought a text sim could be this great but I was wrong. OOTP6 is awesome IMO. If a football sim could be made more like OOTP in terms of depth (stat tracking), features, customizable friendly, .... Im drooling now.

I choose OOTP but after a lot of deliberation. I love TPF and now that my TDCB league is heading into tournament time I cant stop playing it either. Then there is TBCB which has also got me hooked.....forget it I cant select just one. As long as it is a sports game and I can customize it into some sort of historical play aspect I want to bring it along.

Baseball ... OOTP5 I havent warmed up to OOTP6 yet , Baseball Pro 98 is a close 2nd Football ... Front Page Football Pro 98 The king of football sims ... nothing has come close I currently play a lot of TPF as it gives me a decent football fix but has a long way to go, sorry but I found FOF stale Basketball ... never played it but I am thinking of jumping in with the new release here at Grey Dog. If only to suport Arlie in hopes he make the game I been waiting forever to see .... COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!

Guest IrishHand
Yeah...the predetermined nature of pro wrestling has always resulted in me considering it "entertainment", not sport. In my eyes, it's closer to a soap opera with a physical element than a competition...that's why I omitted it. Of course, people are free to include that as an "Other", that's why it's there. :)

• 2 weeks later...
FOF:2k4 Mostly because the HFL has me addicted to the game like no other. The depth of the gameplanning combined with other human owner is like nothing else. TCY has more hours logged on my computer than any other game. Ever. But it finishes a close second here.

The Championship manager series, i started to play it on the early 90s and have played it every season, not any other game is near it depth, specially about players personalities. I also enjoy a lot FOF and the old EHM and lately i purchased OOTP6 and i'm learning a lot about baseball, but miss the player personalities, on mostly of text sims the players are just stats/rattings.

Archived