PBS V1.2 Question for Panix04

Most of us know that you can import new data into the current scenerio that is being used, but many do not know about importing into the game they are using. What would be the best way for people to import this beast into their active game? Go to active game and select Import files then click the mosue button through all the same names?

it would be a lengthy process and may well crash low end machines, go to the in game editor and select all the angles and import. It will come up with a message saying "cannot import file "filename here" file already exists - or words to that effect, you have to click to get rid of this box but it will come up for every duplicate on the database and no doubt there is a lot of them! It may take a while! If your not far into a game its probably better to start again tbh.

[QUOTE=panix04]it would be a lengthy process and may well crash low end machines, go to the in game editor and select all the angles and import. It will come up with a message saying "cannot import file "filename here" file already exists - or words to that effect, you have to click to get rid of this box but it will come up for every duplicate on the database and no doubt there is a lot of them! It may take a while! If your not far into a game its probably better to start again tbh.[/QUOTE] I noticed last time I imported workers it only gave me one message saying "some data couldn't be imported due to file name already existing" (or something along those lines) instead of one for each worker. I could have sworn it used to give one per worker before, so maybe that as changed in a patch? If thats so mayeb it's just tell sya once now with storylines and angles too. Though maybe it never gave ya one per worker and I'm just imagining things again.

[QUOTE=Sartagis]Though maybe it never gave ya one per worker and I'm just imagining things again.[/QUOTE] :D the doctor said to take the pills three times a day Sartagis! Joking aside if the message only comes up once now that would be awesome! It would save so much time!

[QUOTE=Matt Macks]Just replace file 004.tew with angle.tew and 045.tew with storyline.tew. It's a simple process and I have done it numerous times with a lot of different packs (also matches, injuries, locations, and such).[/QUOTE] Can anyone confirm that this is correct? Would it affect any currently in progress storylines? What do the other files correspond to (matches, injuries, etc)? Thanks.

Yeah, I'd definitely like to know which file corresponds to matches, injuries, and so forth. Over the course of my game, I've imported so many different matches, it's insane. And I'd love to replace the current injury file with my own.

I don't know how I should confirm it other than telling you that I still run my NOTBPW game since the first demo version in October 2005 came out. Since then I have updated most files regularly, especially the angles and storylines. And if you don't believe me, just look into the files yourself. As for the storylines. If the storylines you are running are in the new file as well, it should not affect them. To be sure, however, I suggest to end or complete any storyline that is not in the default storyline file. As for the other files (injuries, ...), just look into the files via a text editor and you can see for yourself. It's not that I don't want to tell you, but rather that I would have to look for myself, since I don't update those files that often. The file size is a good indicator, which files might include what you want to update. However, what you should never do, is replacing the workers file or any file with a year as part of its filename. And last, but not least: Always make backups, like e.g. a RAW- or ZIP-file beforehand, so if anything goes wrong, you can easily restore your savegame with this.

Heh. I just registered purely to tell you guys that I took a chance on Matt's method with my save game. I've played through a week's worth of game time since, taking in two shows and advancing all of my current storylines without incident. So...worked fine for me. I now have all the updated angles and storylines in my save game. :cool:

Archived