The Rise (Take 3) of a Phenom(inal) Deadman -- Mark Callaway

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
week 4, June 1983 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News SWCW[/b] - Grappler #1 extends deal [b]NJPW[/b] - [color=red]Dynamite Kid defeated Kuniaki Kobayashi to retain the WWF Junior Heavyweight title[/color] [b]EMLL[/b] - Castillo Jr, Dandy and Ray of Jalisco Jr defeated Mando Guerrero, Duende que Camina and Solar to retain the CMLL World Trios titles [b]EMLL[/b] - Fishman defeated Dos Caras to retain the NWA World Middleweight title [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]The Great Kabuki against Jimmy Valiant ended in no contest[/color] [b]MACW[/b] - Roddy Piper defeated Dory Funk Jr to retain the United States Heavyweight title [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]Nikita Koloff and Bugsy McGraw defeated Assassin 2 and Roal to retain the Mid-Atlantic US Tag Team titles[/color] [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]Ric Flair defeated Ricky Steamboat to retain the NWA World Heavyweight title[/color] [b]AJW[/b] - Crush Girls defeated The Jumping Bomb Angels to retain the All-Japan Womens Tag Team titles [b]AJW[/b] - Kyoto Inoue defeated Seiko Honawa to win the All-Japan Junior Womens title [b]AJW[/b] - Jaguar Yokota defeated Joyce Grable to retain the All-Japan Womens title [b]ASWUK[/b] - Terry Jowett defeated Drew McDonald to retain the British Commonwealth Middleweight title [b]ASWUK[/b] - Tony St.Clair defeated Mal Sanders to tretain the World Heavyweight Title title [b]UWA[/b] - Team Terror defeated The New Midnights to retain the UWA World Tag Team titles [b]UWA[/b] - Perro Aguayo defeated Gran Hamada to retain the UWA World Junior Lightweight title [color=blue]Friday[/color] [B]HCW - HCW: Sam Houston Coliseum [color=red]Mark Calaway[/color] vs The Snowman[/b] The bell rings and I punch Snowman then kick him in the gut and give him a throat thrust. I whip Snowman into a corner then drag him out and whip him into another corner. I drag Snowman out of the corner and kick him in the gut then irish whip him and give him a backdrop. I wait for Snowman to get up and punch him then he avoids a kick in the gut and hits me with his forearm but I just shrug it off. Snowman stops me from trying to suplex him by kicking me in the gut then puts me in an arm wringer. Snowman hits me with his forearm then I break from a collar & elbow tie up and irish whip him. Snowman breaks a hip toss and puts me in a side headlock then he punches me but it doesn't faze me. [b][color=green]Fans chant "Snowman"[/color][/b] I break a collar & elbow tie up and give Snowman an arm wringer smash then give him a throat thrust. I put two hands on Snowman's throat then he hits me with his forearm to stop me from picking him up. I break out of a standing arm bar then irish whip Snowman and give him a big boot in the face. I pick up Snowman and whip him into a corner then he slips out and puts me in a front facelock. Snowman hits me with his forearm then puts me in a side headlock. [b][color=green]Fans chant "Snowman"[/color][/b] Snowman puts me in an arm wringer then kicks me in the gut and puts me in a side headlock. I counter a punch with a punch then I irish whip Snowman and give him a high backdrop. Snowman ducks away from a roundhouse punch and suplexes me. Snowman hits me with his forearm and I shrug it off. Snowman stops me from press slamming him by kicking me in the gut then grabs my head, jumps and headbutts me. Snowman hits me with a flurry of punches then puts me in a bear squeeze. Snowman puts me in a hammerlock and drives me into the corner turnbuckles then I break out of the corner and put him in a bearhug before ramming his back into the turnbuckles in a corner. Snowman slips out of the corner and gives me a flurry of punches then grabs my head, jumps and headbutts me. Snowman puts me in a bear squeeze then I duck away from a punch and irish whip him into a big boot in the face. Snowman slips away then I avoid a headbutt and hit him with a roundhouse punch. I give Snowman a big legdrop. [b][color=green]Fans boo me![/color][/b] I cover Snowman but he kicks out at 2. I irish whip Snowman and give him a leaping side suplex then irish whip him again. Snowman stops a clothesline by hip tossing me then puts me in a hammerlock and drives me into a corner. I break out of the corner and irish whip Snowman into a big boot in the face. Snowman stops me from choke slamming him by punching me then I break away from a piledriver try. [b][color=green]Crowd chants to taunt me[/color][/b] Snowman slips out of a short arm shoulder tackle then grabs my head, jumps and headbutts me. Snowman hits me with a flurry of punches and whips me into a corner then steps on the ropes and punches my forehead ten times with the crowd counting along. I fight back but Snowman ducks under a roundhouse punch and hits me with his forearm. I break from a piledriver try then run and clothesline Snowman. I wait for Snowman to get up and hit him with a roundhouse punch then DDT him. I go for a cover but Snowman kicks out at the last second. I pick up Snowman, put him upside down, then turn and piledrive him before covering him and getting the three-count. [b]Time: 16:50, Rating: C+[/b] also on the card: Mil Mascaras defeated The Super Destroyer to retain the Houston Heavyweight title [b]Today's Wrestling News NJPW[/b] - [color=red]Dynamite Kid defeated Kuniaki Kobayashi to retain the WWF Junior Heavyweight title[/color] [b]JPUK[/b] - The Caribbean Sunshine Boys defeated Kilby and Grey to retain the World of Sport Tag Team titles [b]JPUK[/b] - Bobby Barnes defeated Clive Myers to retain the British Light Heavyweight title [b]AWA[/b] - Brad Rheingans defeated Ken Patera to win the AWA Television title [b]AWA[/b] - Nick Bockwinkle defeated Wahoo McDaniel to retain the AWA World Heavyweight title [b]WCCW[/b] - [color=red]Jake Roberts defeated Kevin Von Erich to retain the WCCW Texas Brass Knuckles title[/color] [b]WCCW[/b] - [color=red]The Great Kabuki defeated Cowboy Bob Orton[/color] [b]WCCW[/b] - Kamala, Larry Zbyszko and Adrian Adonis defeated Roddy Piper, Jay Youngblood and Modern Day Warrior [b]MSW[/b] - Magnum T.A. defeated Rip Rogers to retain the Mid-South Television title [b]MSW[/b] - Lord Humongous defeated Rick Steiner to win the Louisiana State Championship title [b]MSW[/b] - Mr. Wrestling II defeated Ted Dibiase to win the North American Heavyweight title [b]CWF[/b] - Bobby Duncum defeated Scott McGhee to retain the Florida Television title [b]CWF[/b] - The Purple Haze defeated Ron Bass to retain the Florida Brass Knuckles title [b]CWF[/b] - [color=red]Superstar Billy Graham defeated The Spoiler to retain the Florida Heavyweight title[/color] [b]PNW[/b] - Dizzy Ed Hogan defeated Dean Malenko to retain the PNW Television title [b]PNW[/b] - Rip Oliver defeated Billy Jack to win the PNW Heavyweight title [b]WWC[/b] - The Invader defeated Hercules Ayala to win the WWC North American Heavyweight title [b]WWC[/b] - Los Inferno #1 defeated Bob Sweetan to retain the WWC World Junior Heavyweight title [b]CSW[/b] - [color=red]Bret Hart defeated Bad News Allen[/color] [b]DCW[/b] - Johnny Ace defeated Michael Kirschner to retain the Big Time Television title [b]DCW[/b] - The Sheik of Araby defeated The Mighty Igor to retain the US Heavyweight title [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News SWCW[/b] - Juan Reynosa extends deal [b]WWF[/b] - Rocky Johnson defeated Don Muraco to retain the WWF Intercontinental title [b]WWF[/b] - The Strongbows defeated The United Forces to retain the WWF Tag Team titles [b]WWF[/b] - [color=red]Hulk Hogan defeated Andre the Giant[/color] [b]WWF[/b] - Greg Valentine defeated Dusty Rhodes to retain the WWF Heavyweight title [b]AJPW[/b] - Kuniaki Kobayashi defeated Atsushi Onita to retain the NWA International Junior Heavyweight title [b]AJPW[/b] - Ashura Hara defeated Toshiaki Kawada to retain the All-Asia Heavyweight title [b]AJPW[/b] - Ishikawa and Misawa defeated Koshinaka and Goro to retain the All-Asia Tag Team titles [b]AJPW[/b] - Terry Funk defeated Harley Race to retain the NWA United National Heavyweight title [b]AJPW[/b] - Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody defeated Giant Baba & Jumbo Tsuruta to retain the NWA International Tag Team titles [color=blue]Sunday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News NJPW[/b] - [color=red]Riki Chosyu defeated Dynamite Kid to retain the WWF International Heavyweight title[/color] [b]CSTATES[/b] - Ox Baker defeated Terry Funk to retain the Central States Heavyweight title [b]CSW[/b] - Bad News Allen and Loch Ness Monster defeated Bruce & Owen Hart to win the CSW International Tag Team titles [b]CSW[/b] - [color=red]Bret Hart defeated Mongolian Stomper[/color] [b]SECW[/b] - Norvell Austin defeated Rick Gibson to win the Alabama Heavyweight title [b]SECW[/b] - Ken Lucas defeated Randy Rose to retain the Southeastern Brass Knuckles title [b]SECW[/b] - Mr. Olympia defeated Jimmy Golden to retain the Southeastern Heavyweight title

week 4, June 1983 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News SWCW[/b] - Grappler #1 extends deal [b]NJPW[/b] - [color=red]Dynamite Kid defeated Kuniaki Kobayashi to retain the WWF Junior Heavyweight title[/color] [b]EMLL[/b] - Castillo Jr, Dandy and Ray of Jalisco Jr defeated Mando Guerrero, Duende que Camina and Solar to retain the CMLL World Trios titles [b]EMLL[/b] - Fishman defeated Dos Caras to retain the NWA World Middleweight title [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]The Great Kabuki against Jimmy Valiant ended in no contest[/color] [b]MACW[/b] - Roddy Piper defeated Dory Funk Jr to retain the United States Heavyweight title [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]Nikita Koloff and Bugsy McGraw defeated Assassin 2 and Roal to retain the Mid-Atlantic US Tag Team titles[/color] [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]Ric Flair defeated Ricky Steamboat to retain the NWA World Heavyweight title[/color] [b]AJW[/b] - Crush Girls defeated The Jumping Bomb Angels to retain the All-Japan Womens Tag Team titles [b]AJW[/b] - Kyoto Inoue defeated Seiko Honawa to win the All-Japan Junior Womens title [b]AJW[/b] - Jaguar Yokota defeated Joyce Grable to retain the All-Japan Womens title [b]ASWUK[/b] - Terry Jowett defeated Drew McDonald to retain the British Commonwealth Middleweight title [b]ASWUK[/b] - Tony St.Clair defeated Mal Sanders to tretain the World Heavyweight Title title [b]UWA[/b] - Team Terror defeated The New Midnights to retain the UWA World Tag Team titles [b]UWA[/b] - Perro Aguayo defeated Gran Hamada to retain the UWA World Junior Lightweight title [color=blue]Friday[/color] [B]HCW - HCW: Sam Houston Coliseum [color=red]Mark Calaway[/color] vs The Snowman[/b] The bell rings and I punch Snowman then kick him in the gut and give him a throat thrust. I whip Snowman into a corner then drag him out and whip him into another corner. I drag Snowman out of the corner and kick him in the gut then irish whip him and give him a backdrop. I wait for Snowman to get up and punch him then he avoids a kick in the gut and hits me with his forearm but I just shrug it off. Snowman stops me from trying to suplex him by kicking me in the gut then puts me in an arm wringer. Snowman hits me with his forearm then I break from a collar & elbow tie up and irish whip him. Snowman breaks a hip toss and puts me in a side headlock then he punches me but it doesn't faze me. [b][color=green]Fans chant "Snowman"[/color][/b] I break a collar & elbow tie up and give Snowman an arm wringer smash then give him a throat thrust. I put two hands on Snowman's throat then he hits me with his forearm to stop me from picking him up. I break out of a standing arm bar then irish whip Snowman and give him a big boot in the face. I pick up Snowman and whip him into a corner then he slips out and puts me in a front facelock. Snowman hits me with his forearm then puts me in a side headlock. [b][color=green]Fans chant "Snowman"[/color][/b] Snowman puts me in an arm wringer then kicks me in the gut and puts me in a side headlock. I counter a punch with a punch then I irish whip Snowman and give him a high backdrop. Snowman ducks away from a roundhouse punch and suplexes me. Snowman hits me with his forearm and I shrug it off. Snowman stops me from press slamming him by kicking me in the gut then grabs my head, jumps and headbutts me. Snowman hits me with a flurry of punches then puts me in a bear squeeze. Snowman puts me in a hammerlock and drives me into the corner turnbuckles then I break out of the corner and put him in a bearhug before ramming his back into the turnbuckles in a corner. Snowman slips out of the corner and gives me a flurry of punches then grabs my head, jumps and headbutts me. Snowman puts me in a bear squeeze then I duck away from a punch and irish whip him into a big boot in the face. Snowman slips away then I avoid a headbutt and hit him with a roundhouse punch. I give Snowman a big legdrop. [b][color=green]Fans boo me![/color][/b] I cover Snowman but he kicks out at 2. I irish whip Snowman and give him a leaping side suplex then irish whip him again. Snowman stops a clothesline by hip tossing me then puts me in a hammerlock and drives me into a corner. I break out of the corner and irish whip Snowman into a big boot in the face. Snowman stops me from choke slamming him by punching me then I break away from a piledriver try. [b][color=green]Crowd chants to taunt me[/color][/b] Snowman slips out of a short arm shoulder tackle then grabs my head, jumps and headbutts me. Snowman hits me with a flurry of punches and whips me into a corner then steps on the ropes and punches my forehead ten times with the crowd counting along. I fight back but Snowman ducks under a roundhouse punch and hits me with his forearm. I break from a piledriver try then run and clothesline Snowman. I wait for Snowman to get up and hit him with a roundhouse punch then DDT him. I go for a cover but Snowman kicks out at the last second. I pick up Snowman, put him upside down, then turn and piledrive him before covering him and getting the three-count. [b]Time: 16:50, Rating: C+[/b] also on the card: Mil Mascaras defeated The Super Destroyer to retain the Houston Heavyweight title [b]Today's Wrestling News NJPW[/b] - [color=red]Dynamite Kid defeated Kuniaki Kobayashi to retain the WWF Junior Heavyweight title[/color] [b]JPUK[/b] - The Caribbean Sunshine Boys defeated Kilby and Grey to retain the World of Sport Tag Team titles [b]JPUK[/b] - Bobby Barnes defeated Clive Myers to retain the British Light Heavyweight title [b]AWA[/b] - Brad Rheingans defeated Ken Patera to win the AWA Television title [b]AWA[/b] - Nick Bockwinkle defeated Wahoo McDaniel to retain the AWA World Heavyweight title [b]WCCW[/b] - [color=red]Jake Roberts defeated Kevin Von Erich to retain the WCCW Texas Brass Knuckles title[/color] [b]WCCW[/b] - [color=red]The Great Kabuki defeated Cowboy Bob Orton[/color] [b]WCCW[/b] - Kamala, Larry Zbyszko and Adrian Adonis defeated Roddy Piper, Jay Youngblood and Modern Day Warrior [b]MSW[/b] - Magnum T.A. defeated Rip Rogers to retain the Mid-South Television title [b]MSW[/b] - Lord Humongous defeated Rick Steiner to win the Louisiana State Championship title [b]MSW[/b] - Mr. Wrestling II defeated Ted Dibiase to win the North American Heavyweight title [b]CWF[/b] - Bobby Duncum defeated Scott McGhee to retain the Florida Television title [b]CWF[/b] - The Purple Haze defeated Ron Bass to retain the Florida Brass Knuckles title [b]CWF[/b] - [color=red]Superstar Billy Graham defeated The Spoiler to retain the Florida Heavyweight title[/color] [b]PNW[/b] - Dizzy Ed Hogan defeated Dean Malenko to retain the PNW Television title [b]PNW[/b] - Rip Oliver defeated Billy Jack to win the PNW Heavyweight title [b]WWC[/b] - The Invader defeated Hercules Ayala to win the WWC North American Heavyweight title [b]WWC[/b] - Los Inferno #1 defeated Bob Sweetan to retain the WWC World Junior Heavyweight title [b]CSW[/b] - [color=red]Bret Hart defeated Bad News Allen[/color] [b]DCW[/b] - Johnny Ace defeated Michael Kirschner to retain the Big Time Television title [b]DCW[/b] - The Sheik of Araby defeated The Mighty Igor to retain the US Heavyweight title [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News SWCW[/b] - Juan Reynosa extends deal [b]WWF[/b] - Rocky Johnson defeated Don Muraco to retain the WWF Intercontinental title [b]WWF[/b] - The Strongbows defeated The United Forces to retain the WWF Tag Team titles [b]WWF[/b] - [color=red]Hulk Hogan defeated Andre the Giant[/color] [b]WWF[/b] - Greg Valentine defeated Dusty Rhodes to retain the WWF Heavyweight title [b]AJPW[/b] - Kuniaki Kobayashi defeated Atsushi Onita to retain the NWA International Junior Heavyweight title [b]AJPW[/b] - Ashura Hara defeated Toshiaki Kawada to retain the All-Asia Heavyweight title [b]AJPW[/b] - Ishikawa and Misawa defeated Koshinaka and Goro to retain the All-Asia Tag Team titles [b]AJPW[/b] - Terry Funk defeated Harley Race to retain the NWA United National Heavyweight title [b]AJPW[/b] - Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody defeated Giant Baba & Jumbo Tsuruta to retain the NWA International Tag Team titles [color=blue]Sunday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News NJPW[/b] - [color=red]Riki Chosyu defeated Dynamite Kid to retain the WWF International Heavyweight title[/color] [b]CSTATES[/b] - Ox Baker defeated Terry Funk to retain the Central States Heavyweight title [b]CSW[/b] - Bad News Allen and Loch Ness Monster defeated Bruce & Owen Hart to win the CSW International Tag Team titles [b]CSW[/b] - [color=red]Bret Hart defeated Mongolian Stomper[/color] [b]SECW[/b] - Norvell Austin defeated Rick Gibson to win the Alabama Heavyweight title [b]SECW[/b] - Ken Lucas defeated Randy Rose to retain the Southeastern Brass Knuckles title [b]SECW[/b] - Mr. Olympia defeated Jimmy Golden to retain the Southeastern Heavyweight title

[QUOTE=ecwraven2006;156801]i know its not my place 2 say this, but when r u gonna make him undertaker[/QUOTE] It won't be until I get to the end of 1990, if I ever get there. I'm trying to retrace history and go to the same feds that he went to at, or about, the same time that he went to them. All bets are off, however, if Vince McMahon or Jim Crockett (MACW) wants him ahead of schedule. The first major stop, I hope, will be in the summer of 1984 when I try to get him into WCCW as "Texas Red". Until then I'm going to have him try to stay in HCW. I went to SWCW so that he could get more experience (more $$) so that I could continue to build his skills and attributes. Thank you for reading and is there anybody not on my list of wrestlers that you would like "watched"?

[QUOTE=ecwraven2006;156801]i know its not my place 2 say this, but when r u gonna make him undertaker[/QUOTE] It won't be until I get to the end of 1990, if I ever get there. I'm trying to retrace history and go to the same feds that he went to at, or about, the same time that he went to them. All bets are off, however, if Vince McMahon or Jim Crockett (MACW) wants him ahead of schedule. The first major stop, I hope, will be in the summer of 1984 when I try to get him into WCCW as "Texas Red". Until then I'm going to have him try to stay in HCW. I went to SWCW so that he could get more experience (more $$) so that I could continue to build his skills and attributes. Thank you for reading and is there anybody not on my list of wrestlers that you would like "watched"?

[QUOTE=Golden;156888]Lovin' the diary also it inspired me to buy WS2.[/QUOTE] Thanks. I also recommend downloading the DOTT file as well so that you can relive history with these great wrestlers. Is there a wrestler not included on my list that you would like "watched"?

[QUOTE=Golden;156888]Lovin' the diary also it inspired me to buy WS2.[/QUOTE] Thanks. I also recommend downloading the DOTT file as well so that you can relive history with these great wrestlers. Is there a wrestler not included on my list that you would like "watched"?

Mark's Progress Report -- end of June, 1983 [b]Rumble skills[/b]: Brawling: D Power: B+ Strong style: F Hardcore: D MMA: F [b]Technical skills[/b]: Mat Wrestling: [b][color=green]E[/color][/b] (up from F) Chain Wrestling: [b][color=green]E[/color][/b] (up from F) Submissions: F Aerial: E Flashiness: E [b]Entertainment skills[/b]: Microphone: E Charisma: C- Acting: D Looks: B+ Star quality: B+ [b]Performance skills[/b]: Basics: D Psychology: D Safety: E Consistency: D Selling: D [b]Physical skills[/b]: Athleticism: C+ Toughness: B Stamina: D [b]Backstage skills[/b]: Business: F Booking: F Respect: F [b]Other skills[/b]: Intensity: C Stiffness: C+ Resilience: B Menace: B Refereeing: F Spirit: [b][color=green]C[/color][/b] (up from D) Match record: Overall: 1-3 Houston Championship Wrestling Heel, Lower Midcarder Overall: 4-4 Singles: 3-2 Teams: 1-2 Southwest Championship Wrestling Heel, Opener Overall: 1-0 Singles: 1-0 Teams: 0-0

Mark's Progress Report -- end of June, 1983 [b]Rumble skills[/b]: Brawling: D Power: B+ Strong style: F Hardcore: D MMA: F [b]Technical skills[/b]: Mat Wrestling: [b][color=green]E[/color][/b] (up from F) Chain Wrestling: [b][color=green]E[/color][/b] (up from F) Submissions: F Aerial: E Flashiness: E [b]Entertainment skills[/b]: Microphone: E Charisma: C- Acting: D Looks: B+ Star quality: B+ [b]Performance skills[/b]: Basics: D Psychology: D Safety: E Consistency: D Selling: D [b]Physical skills[/b]: Athleticism: C+ Toughness: B Stamina: D [b]Backstage skills[/b]: Business: F Booking: F Respect: F [b]Other skills[/b]: Intensity: C Stiffness: C+ Resilience: B Menace: B Refereeing: F Spirit: [b][color=green]C[/color][/b] (up from D) Match record: Overall: 1-3 Houston Championship Wrestling Heel, Lower Midcarder Overall: 4-4 Singles: 3-2 Teams: 1-2 Southwest Championship Wrestling Heel, Opener Overall: 1-0 Singles: 1-0 Teams: 0-0

[QUOTE=captainlou;156891]Thanks. I also recommend downloading the DOTT file as well so that you can relive history with these great wrestlers. Is there a wrestler not included on my list that you would like "watched"?[/QUOTE] In the future i'd love to see you include Sting, and i am playing DOTT it's the first thing i did when i got WS2.

[QUOTE=captainlou;156891]Thanks. I also recommend downloading the DOTT file as well so that you can relive history with these great wrestlers. Is there a wrestler not included on my list that you would like "watched"?[/QUOTE] In the future i'd love to see you include Sting, and i am playing DOTT it's the first thing i did when i got WS2.

[QUOTE=Golden;156951]In the future i'd love to see you include Sting, and i am playing DOTT it's the first thing i did when i got WS2.[/QUOTE] With ecwraven2006 starting a journal with Sting (AKA Blade Runner Flash), I have already put him on the list and will keep him there even if ecwraven abandons his journal.

[QUOTE=Golden;156951]In the future i'd love to see you include Sting, and i am playing DOTT it's the first thing i did when i got WS2.[/QUOTE] With ecwraven2006 starting a journal with Sting (AKA Blade Runner Flash), I have already put him on the list and will keep him there even if ecwraven abandons his journal.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess that professional wrestling was not on the way up as first thought. ALL of the TV shows all over the world have gone off the air! Fear not!!! This dynasty will be resurected again. Sooner or later I'm going to get to the "Undertaker" years (hopefully before he retires in real life).

Archived