Kerry Von Erich- The Modern Day Warrior

(Note: Having just got Wrestling Spirit 2, I've decided after doing Kabuki & Arn on WS1 I'll give Kerry a go, Hope you enjoy, this is just a starter.) [B][U]Kerry Von Erich -The Modern Day Warrior[/U][/B] [IMG]http://img149.imagevenue.com/loc417/th_48763_03_417lo.jpg[/IMG] "Haling from Denton, Texas, weighing in at 254lbs, a member of the Von Erich dynasty, The Modern Day Warrior Kerry Von Erich!" this is the introduction I've always heard when making my way to the ring, I feel alot of pressure out there, I've always got to be on my A game, I've wrestled in World Class since before I can remember this is a place I call home but maybe its time I broke free from my dad and my brothers, wrestled in other territories against different opponents, it's time for me to go out on my own! [B][U]The Rumble Skill[/U][/B] Brawling: B- Power: B+ Strong Style: E Hardcore: C MMA: F [B][U]The Technical Skill[/U][/B] Mat Wrestling: C Chain Wrestling: C- Submissions: C Aerial: E Flashiness: E [U][B]The Entertainment Skill[/B][/U] Microphone: C Charisma: A Acting: C Looks: A* Star Quality: A [B][U]The Performance Skill[/U][/B] Basics: B Psycology: C Saftey: B Consistency: C Selling: B+ [B][U]The Physical Skills[/U][/B] Athletisicm: A Toughness: B Stamina: B+ Business: F Booking: F Respect: C [B][U]The Other Skills[/U][/B] Intensity: D Stiffness: D Resilliance: A Menace: D Refeering: F Spirit: B [B][U]Sunday, Week 1, May: World Class Wrestling:[/U][/B] Tonight I arrive at the arena ready for tonights match, I run into two of the members of the Freebirds Buddy Roberts and Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy, I speak to them for a bit and then I go to the locker room, I set my bags down and look at the booking sheet and I've got Terry for the WCCW Texas Brass Knuckles title, another interesting match for tonight is my two brothers Kevin & Mike against the leader of the Freebirds Micheal Hayes and Buddy Roberts who I spoke to earlier, I get ready for my match and make my to the curtain. Kerry Von Erich Vs Terry Gordy: WCCW Texas Brass Knuckles title: The bell rings to start the match, Terry tries to throw me to the corner but I block him but Gordy then slaps on a side headlock, he then goes for an arm wringer but I quickly slip out and deliver a dropkick, with Terry down I drop a knee on him and then apply the double handed wrist lock, I'm now in control and apply a rear chin lock and switch it to an arm bar, I pick him up and apply a side headlock and look for a suplex but Gordy slips out, Terry then applies a top wrist lock and then switches to a hammerlock, I'm starting to get worried the crowd aren't really getting into it, I try for a dropkick but Terry swats it away, he boots me in the gut and starts unloading with punches, Terry goes for a grouned hammerlock but I break out and use a side headlock takedown to take Gordy to the mat, I apply an arm bar and go for a knee drop but Terry moves out of the way, my knee slams into the mat and I quickly shake it off, Gordy runs at me and I hit him with a monkey flip using his own weight against him. Terry comes back with a bionic elbow and applies a wrenching hammerlock which is really doing the damage on my shoulder, he drags me over to the ropes and drapes my leg over the bottom rope and the comes down with all his weight across my knee, he them sits me up and delivers the seated hammer which knocks the wind out of me, he then continues to keep the wind knocked out by dropping repeated elbows and then drops a fist on my face, Gordy then goes for a grounded arm breaker but I avoid it and get to my feet, I then hit Terry with a suplex drop an elbow and cover for a 2 count. I go for a standing powerslam but Terry counters punching me in the face, Terry then tries to go for a punch flurry but I avoid and hit the standing powerslam, with Terry down I go to give him a taste of his own medicine and go for a seated punch flurry but Gordy slips out, I go for a short arm clothesline but Terry breaks it and looks for a piledriver but I block it and in his anger he throws me over the top rope, the ref rings the bell for the disqualification. Rating: F (the fans started to chant 'this match sucked!' near the end and we got the word to end it quickly.) After the match I speak with Terry about the match, "You know something Terry, I have now idea why the crowd didn't get into it, I thought we were doing ok, there was some good spots in that match." Terry thinks for a moment "Well Kerry, I guess we just didn't click in the ring, don't forget that these Texas crowds are pretty rough, I wouldn't think to much about it." we talk a bit more and watch the rest of the show. [B][U]Sunday, Week 2, May: World Class Wrestling:[/U][/B] Hopefully tonight in another Texas town we can put on a good show, me and my brothers are teaming up to take on The Freebirds for the Six-man titles, the freebirds have held the belts for a little while now so hopefull the Von Erich clan can take the titles off them. The Freebirds Vs The Von Erichs (David, Kevin & Myself) 2/3 Falls: NWA Six-Man Tag Team title: The bell rings to start the match, Hayes starts for the freebirds and David starts for us, straight away Hayes starts hammering away on David with forearms and puches, Hayes goes for an arm wringer but David rolls through and hits him with a knee lift and then applies the side headlock, David goes for a knee drop but Hayes moves out of the way, Hayes then applies a grounded side headlock but David gets out and uses a side headlock takedown and drops a knee on Hayes, Hayes gets back to his feet and comes back with punches and hits him with a forearm, Hayes goes for a side headlock but David slips out and controls Hayes with a standing arm bar and then switches for a front facelock, he then pulls Hayes over to our corner and tags in Kevin. Kevin goes for a rear chinlock but Hayes gets out, Kevin goes for a knife edge chop but Hayes counters punching Kevin in the face, Hayes then hits him with a suplex, Hayes goes for a chinlock but Kevin breaks out, Hayes then hits a snapmare and tags in Terry Gordy. Terry drags Kevin over to the corner and smashes his face into the turnbuckle, with Kevin down Gordy sits him up and like our previous match knocks the wind out of him with the seated hammer, Gordy goes for a falling fist drop but Kevin moves out of the way, Terry then wails away with right hands to Kevin's forehead, he grabs Kevins legs and stomps his stomach, Gordy then whips him back into the corner and begins to stomp the hell out of him, Terry then applies the stepover arm bar looking for the submission but Kevin refuses to give up, as Kevin gets up Terry drills him with the double arm ddt and covers for a 2 count. Terry goes for a dropkick but Kevin moves sending Terry crashing face first into the mat, the crowd is willing Kevin to make the tag to either myself or David, he crawls over to our corner and tags me in. I get into the ring and suplex Terry and go for an elbow drop but he moves and quickly applies the arm bar (for a big guy Terry's is diseptivley quick for a man his size), I get to my feet and Terry comes at me but I duck underneath and get behind him, I go for an arm wringer takedown but he breaks out and tags in Buddy Roberts. Roberts gets in and nails me with a big forearm knocking backwards for a moment, he then hits me with a kick to the gut and then a european uppercut which knocks me onto the ropes, with me on the ropes and he hits forearm after forearm, Buddy goes for a punch but I avoid and get behind Roberts and hit him with a dropkick, I pick him up and hit a powerslam I cover for 2 count. I go for a short arm clothesline but he breaks out, with the ref distracted Buddy reaches into his tights and has something in wrapped around his fist, he then rakes my eyes, with me on the mat blinded Buddy begins to tear at my face, Buddy goes for a punch trying to bust me open but I break out and tag in David. As soon as David gets in and looking fired up Buddy decided to tag in Terry Gordy, David charges at Terry but Buddy intercepts with the same thing he blinded me with and uses it on David, the ref gets Robets out of the ring, Terry drops a fistdrop on David and picks him up, he whips him into the ropes delivers big boot, the crowd are going wild trying to get at the Freebirds to distract them so we could get the upperhand, Terry gets distracted by a fan in the front row and gives him some verbal abuse, as he turns round he gets caught by a monkey flip from David, as David goes over to pick up Gordy, Terry hits him with a bionic elbow, Terry sits him up and we all know what he's going for, as he brings his arm back David breaks out and gets to his feet, David then takes Terry down with a snapmare and drops knees and elbows on Gordy, with Terry down David tags me back in. I pick Gordy up and hit a standing powerslam, I then go to work punching him to the back of his head, the ref warns me to ease up, I go for a straddled arm bar but Gordy breaks out, he then hits me with a savage bodyslam and goes to the second rope and comes off with a fist drop, I get to my feet and use rights and lefts on Terry knocking down, I go to the top rope and as he gets to his feet I come off with a second rope dropkick, I the come off the ropes and go for a big splash but Terry moves, he quickly makes the tag to Hayes, Hayes gets into the ring while I'm still down and goes for the Figure Four leglock looking to gain the first fall but I manage to break out, I get to my feet and hit him with a suplex, Hayes gets to his feet and tries a double arm ddt but I slip out and make the tag to David. David still fired up gets in and plants a few kicks to his gut, with Hayes doubled over David hits a suplex, he picks him up and hits him with a running clothesline, he picks Hayes up again and the crowd is on their feet seeing the leader of the Freebirds get his ass whipped, David then drills Hayes with a back suplex, David goes to the top rope looking for a flying elbow but Hayes moves out of the way, Hayes goes for an abdominal stretch but David blocks and comes back with some rapid fire dropkicks he quickly covers for a 2 count. David goes for a swinging neckbreaker but Hayes blocks, David seeing an oppurtunity goes for a charging dropkick but Hayes moves and tags in Buddy Roberts, Roberts is on him straight away hammering away with punches to the face, he the applies the spinning toe hold but David refuses to submit, Terry Gordy steps into the ring and the ref spots him and gets him back to his corner, with the ref's back turned Buddy pulls out a bag of powder from his boots and tries to throw the powder in the eyes of David but he moves out of the way, David then hits a suplex, he then goes for a piledriver but Buddy blocks it, David then tries to hit him with a running knee but Buddy avoids it, Buddy then puts on some brass knuckles (this guy has weapons stashed all over himself!!) and looks to knock David out but David avoids and with the crowd going wild David unleashes the Von Erich Fury, going at him with rights, lefts, kicks knocking Buddy down, he comes off the ropes looking for a big splash which connects, he covers for a 2 count. David picks him up and delivers a piledriver and covers again for a 2 count, with Buddy down David signals for the Von Erich claw!! the crowd is going wild, he applies the claw to Buddy but he counters and hits a piledriver of his own, getting a 2 count, Buddy tries to throw David over the top rope (which would be a DQ) but David blocks, David then tries for the claw again but Buddy avoids it, this time Hayes distracts the ref and Buddy reaches into his other boot producing another bag of powder, putting some in his hands he throws it into the eyes of David blinding him, David manages to regain his vision quickly and hits Roberts with a swinging neckbreaker and covers for a 2 count (Hayes made the save). Buddy gets to his feet and hits a powerslam on David and the throws him over the top rope, the ref has no other option but to disqualify the Freebirds, the crowd are on their feet at the 50 minute mark. Von Erichs 1-0 Freebirds. David gets back into the ring and Buddy hits him with a piledriver and covers for a 2 count, Buddy looks for another piledriver but David blocks and then hits him with a bionic elbow, he then tags Kevin in. Kevin gets in and hits him with a running dropkick, with Buddy realing he then follows up with some rapid fire dropkicks, he then hits him with a standing splash getting a 2 count, Kevin then locks on the Von Erich Claw but Buddy doesn't give in, Kevin goes for a small package but Buddy counters with a forearm, he then hits Kevin with a ddt and covers for a 2 count. (I made the save on that one.) Buddy tries for a piledriver but Kevin blocks and counters with a sunset flip getting a 2 count, Kevin then see his chance and locks on the Von Erich scissors but Buddy refuses to give up again. Kevin then whips him into the corner and follows him in with a couple of knee charges, Buddy stumbles out of the corner and into the Von Erich claw, the bell then rings and the crowd goes wild, myself and David get into the ring and celebrate with Kevin, we grab the title belts thinking we've won but the announcer spoils the party: "The 60 minute time limit has expired, with only one fall decided the winners....and STILL the NWA Six-Man tag team champions The Freebirds!!" us and the crowd are shocked, we question the ref and he explains that since the only fall was a disqualification and the time limit expired the titles couldn't change hands on a disqualificaiton. [B]Rating: A*[/B] The Freebirds grab their belts and scurry away from ringside knowing they've just kept their titles, myself, Kevin and David show our appreciation for the fans and celebrate in the ring, even though we didn't win the titles we put on a classic, the fans being to chant "This match is awesome!" we leave the ring and get to the back, a couple of the boys come over and congratulate us, even our dad who's busy sorting out the rest of the show congratulates us, he says he's never been more proud. I get to the locker room and rest after a hard match. (leave feedback please)

[B][U]Sunday, Week 3, May: World Class Wrestling:[/U][/B] Tonight is another big night for the Von Erichs, after just missing out on the six-man titles with David and Kevin, now I get to team with my brother Mike to take on Kamala and The Missing Link for the WCCW Texas Tag titles. Kamala & The Missing Link Vs Mike & Kerry Von Erich: WCCW Texas Tag Team Titles: The bell rings to get the match underway, I start out for our time and across the ring The Missing Link is my opponent, I go for a an arm drag but Link breaks out, he then unloads with a few punches and plants a kick to my gut, he goes for a headbutt but I avoid it, I come back with a kick of my own, Link goes for a punch but I counter and take him down with a side headlock takedown, with him down I drop an elbow and then apply an arm bar, I go to drop an knee on him but he moves and begins to stomp away at me, he then applies a choke hold which the ref warns him about, he picks me up and hit me with a headbutt, he then picks me up again and grabbing the back of my tights he pulls me backwards and hit me in the middle of the back with a forearm, Link goes for a clubbing blow but I counter and hit him with a bodyslam, Link gets to his feet, he then comes at me with punches and hits me with a double backbreaker, he then tears at my face, the refeere warns him that its illegal,. I get to my feet and he goes for a double axe handle but I avoid it and hit him with a vertical suplex, Link fights back and then drives me into the corner and tags in Kamala. I get out of the corner and Kamala hits me with a running chop, Kamala like Link before begins to stomp away at me, Kamala then goes for a falling chop but I move out the way and tag in Mike. Mike then applies a rear chinlock and hits him with a seated back kick, he then drops a knee on Kamala's chest, with momentum shifting Mike drops a leg on him and then climbs the turnbuckle and goes for a dropkick but Kamala moves out of the way, Kamala then applies a nerve pinch on him, Mike then fights back and applies a side headlock and then switches a standing arm bar, he then turns it into a hammerlock, Mike then uses some rapid fire dropkicks and covers for a 2 count. Mike then tags me back in, I get into the ring and get hit by a tomahawk chop by Kamala, he then falls forward hitting me with a headbutt, I get to my feet and fight back and use some rapid fire dropkicks, with Kamala down I hit a splash and cover for a 2 count. I pick Kamala up and deliver a piledriver and cover for another 2 count, I go for a tornado punch but he counters with a chop, he then drags me over to the ropes to try and throw me over getting disqualified and keeping his title but I block it, I come back with punches and hit the tornado punch flooring Kamala and cover for a 2 and a half count. Kamala gets to his feet so I hit the ropes looking for a charging dropkick but he moves and tags in The Missing Link. (the crowd cheer him as he gets into the ring, whats up with that? I thought we're the favourites?) Link then runs at me hitting clothesline that knocks me out of the ring, he follows me out, Link goes for a claw but I avoid it and get back into the ring and tag in Mike, Link gets back into the ring and drives Mike into the corner and chokes him with the tag rope, he then leaves the ring and grabs Mike's legs and slams it into the ring post, with his leg weakened Mike gets out of the corner but Link hits him with a leaping piledriver and gets a 2 count. Mike manages to catch Link off guard and hit him with a backbreaker and tags me in again, I get in and suplex Link, I pick him up and hit a vertical suplex, Kamala tries to get into the ring so I run over and intercept him knocking him back out, I turn around and hit with the leaping piledriver, Link gets a 2 count, he senses that this could be it and picks me up again, Mike and Kamala are brawling outside, Link then hits me with another leaping piledriver and covers, Mike tries to make the save but his foot is held as the ref counts the 3. Rating: A* The ref raises the Missing Links hand and hands them the titles, the fans chant 'That was Awesome!", I feel a little groggy after taking two leaping piledrivers, Mike helps me to my feet as we acknowledge the fans, after having two title matches and missing out I have to regroup and hopefully go for a singles title soon. [B][U]The Rumble Skill[/U][/B] Brawling: B- Power: B+ Strong Style: E Hardcore: C MMA: F [B][U]The Technical Skill[/U][/B] Mat Wrestling: C Chain Wrestling: C- Submissions: C Aerial: E Flashiness: E [B][U]The Entertainment Skill[/U][/B] Microphone: C Charisma: A Acting: C Looks: A* Star Quality: A [B][U]The Performance Skill[/U][/B] Basics: B Psycology: C Saftey: B Consistency: C Selling: B+ [B][U]The Physical Skills[/U][/B] Athletisicm: A Toughness: B Stamina: B- Business: F Booking: F Respect: C [B][U]The Other Skills[/U][/B] Intensity: D Stiffness: D Resilliance: A Menace: D Refeering: F Spirit: B+ [B][U]Friday, Week 4, May: The Parade of Champions:[/U][/B] Tonight is the big show for World Class and I've got another tag team match against two members of the Freebirds Terry Gordy & Micheal Hayes against myself and 'Gentleman' Chris Adams for the WCCW American Tag titles. The Freebirds Vs Kerry Von Erich & Chris Adams: WCCW American Tag Team Titles: The match starts and myself and Terry Gordy square off, I go for a snapmare taking Terry down and drop a knee on him, I keep him down on the mat with elbow drops and rear chinlocks, I go for another knee drop but Gordy moves, as I try to get up Gordy kicks me in the side of the head, he then drops a big elbow on me, Gordy then goes for another elbow drop but I move out of the way, I go for a knee drop but Terry moves and applies a rear chinlock, he brings his arm back and hits me with a forearm across the chest knocking the wind out of me, he then slams my face into the mat and then drops a fist on my forehead, he then tags in Hayes. Hayes drags me over to the ropes and drapes my leg across the bottom rope and goes to drop his weight on my knee but I move out of the way as he hits the canvas, I get to my feet and hit him with a knee drop, I'm getting fired up as the crowd go wild, Gordy throws something to Hayes and then distracts the ref as Hayes rakes my eyes with the foreign object, I shake it off and take him down with a snapmare and apply the double wrist lock, I then begin to hammer away with punches to the delight of the crowd, I pick him up and hit a vertical supelx and cover for a 2 count. I go for a short arm clothesline but he breaks out and uses the foreign object again raking my eyes, I swing wildly going for a roundhouse punch but Hayes avoids and hits me with a knife head chop, Hayes then throws a right hand but I avoid and tag in Chris. Chris then hits a double arm belly to belly, Hayes then scurrys over to his corner and tags in Gordy, Terry then knocks Adams down with a clubbing blow, Gordy then goes for a bear hug but Adams slips out, Chirs then takes Gordy down with a snapmare and applies a standing arm lever, he then applies a rear chinlock and drives his knees into Gordy's back, he picks Terry up and delivers a double knee lift which rocks Terry, Chris then applies a single leg boston crab looking for a submission, Adams goes for a hammerlock but Terry low blows him, the ref warns him anything else like that then it'll be over, Terry goes to drop a fist drop but Chris moves, he then slams Terry's face into the mat, he covers for a 1 count. Chris then delivers a short arm knee lift to his stomach and then hits a back suplex on Terry, Chris then climbs to the top rope and comes off with a knee drop, Terry gets to his feet and gets met by an enziguri by Chris, Adams then uses a double arm belly to belly and then applies a step over toe hold but Terry gets to the ropes, Chris then uses a small package but gets a 2 count. Chris climbs to the top rope and comes off with a flying elbow and covers for a 2 count, Terry gets to his feet and Chris hits him with a super kick and covers again getting a 2 and a half (Hayes made the save). Adams goes for another super kick but misses, Terry goes for the Asiatic Spike but Chris breaks it and counters with a enziguri knocking Terry down, he then applies the step over toe hold, Gordy doesn't submit, Gordy tags in Hayes. Hayes goes for the double arm ddt but Chris slips out and turns it into a sleeper hold but Hayes doesn't submit, Adam's manager Sunshine gets onto the apron but Hayes knocks her off, Adams is going crazy and goes to see if she's alright, Hayes then rolls Adams up with a handful of tights getting a 3 count. Rating: A The Freebirds retain their titles, I complain to the ref that Hayes cheated but he says he didn't see it, I'm furious, having three title matches in 3 weeks which is more then most people can hope for I've come away with nothing! it seems that the tag team matches I've been having aren't helping my career, morale at the moment is low with my current record at 1 win - 1 draw - 2 losses to my name!

Kerry was known as the "Texas Tornado" when he was in the WWF. This poor family was cursed with all sorts of problems. Those were some great tag matches although the matches didn't end in a victory. I've heard about the heated feud between the Von Erichs and the Freebirds. I think that D.Boon mentioned something about it in my WS1 dynasty (1st one) when "Texas Red" (Mark Callaway) was booked in a match with Michael Hayes against two of the Von Erichs. Good luck with him and I'll be including him in my list of costars.

[B][U]Sunday, Week 4, May:[/U][/B] Before travelling to the arena I decide that I'll look around at other promotions and see if their interested so I pick up the phone and ring Jim Crockett Promotions in North Carolina, I leave a message with a secretary and I should hear back soon. I inform my dad that I'll have to miss tonights show to travel to Charlotte to speak with them, "Well Kerry you do know your leaving me high and dry! Your letting the fans down not to mention your brothers, let me speak with them and we'll sort something out" my dad tells me, I tell him that I'm going to meet them and if everything works out I'll be turning in my notice at World Class, we part ways, I fly to Charlotte as soon as possible and arrive at the offices of Jim Crockett. "Nice to meet you Kerry, I'm glad you got in touch with us, we've been keeping an eye on your progress with World Class and I think and so does George (Scott, Head Booker) you'll fit right in here, so this is what we're offering: Contract Type: Verbal Length: 8 Months Allignment: Babyface I look over the offer and ask to be made exclusive to Mid-Atlantic, we agree and the contract is signed, as I leave the offices I ring my dad in Texas and tell him that I signed for Mid-Atlantic "Well son, I hope it goes well for you." he tells me, we agree that I'll work whatever dates are left before setting off to Mid-Atlantic. [B][U]Friday, Week 1, June: June Star Wars:[/U][/B] I arrive for my last show which is the start of the month big show and look at the booking sheet and I've got Terry Gordy for the WCCW Texas Brass Knuckles title, if I manage to win this match I'll win the title and then have to vacate it, by now word has gotten round that this'll be my last World Class show and some of the guys including my brothers congratulate me and hope I'll do well. Kerry Von Erich Vs Terry Gordy: WCCW Texas Brass Knuckles Titles: The bell rings and the match is under way, Terry applies a hammerlock and then switches to a rear chinlock, he tries to throw me to the corne but I block and go for a suplex but Gordy slips out, he then hits me with a punch and then a clubbing blow, Gordy then goes for the big forearm but I avoid it and he hits me with a bionic elbow, with me down he then drops a fist on my forehead, he picks me up and hits me with a double axe handle, Gordy then goes for a big elbow drop but I roll out the way and hit a knee drop, Terry then comes back with a low blow that the ref warns him about, I then hit him with a suplex and cover for a 1 count. I pick him up and go for a back suplex but Terry turns and falls on top covering for a 2 count, I get to my feet and unload with punches and then hit him with a short arm clothesline, I pick Terry up and unload with more punches, Micheal Hayes gets onto the apron trying to distract me so I knock him off, Terry then throws me over the top rope causing a disqualification. Rating: F I leave the ringside area thanking the fans for their support, I don't think many of them know that I'm leaving yet, it's a bit of a shame that my last match wasn't a classic but you can't have it all. [B][U]Monday, Week 2, June:[/U][/B] I fly to Charlotte where I'll be staying while working for Mid-Atlantic, I'm sure I'll miss World Class but current NWA World Champion Ric Flair is working at Mid-Atlantic so if I work hard enough maybe I'll get a shot at hit title, being brought up under the NWA umbrella the title that Ric has is very important and has a lot of prestige, if I do win it then I'm sure I'll make everybody proud. [B][U]Tuesay, Week 2, June: MACW in Your Town!:[/U][/B] I arrive at the arena for my first MACW appearance, I say hello to the likes of Wahoo McDaniel, Jack Brisco and Greg Valentine, I even spot Ric Flair, I introduce myself and we talk for a bit, a little later I look at the booking sheet and I've got Roddy Piper. Kerry Von Erich Vs Roddy Piper: The bell rings to get us started, I hit Piper with a kick to the gut and scoop him up and slam him down with a bodyslam, I apply a hammerlock and drive my knee into his shoulder, I go for a wristlock but Piper slips out, Piper hits me with a forearm and the applies a side headlock, he goes for a hammerlock but I slip out, I then take him down with a rear amateur takedown and apply the rear chinlock, I pick him up and hit him with a forearm shot across the back and the hit him with a knife edge chop, I go for an elbow drop but he moves, he picks me up and delivers a headbutt, Piper goes for a jab punch but I avoid it and counter with an arm drag, I go for grounded side headlock but Piper slips out, Piper then throws a jab which connects on my jaw, he then tries to drive me to the corner but I slip out and plant a kick to his gut, I then deliver a dropkick which sends him into the corner, I follow up with a hip toss out of the corner, I go for a extended wrist lock but Piper counters with a low blow which the ref warns him against, I go for a short arm clothesline but he breaks out, I then use a small package which gets a 2 count. As I get to my feet Piper uses a thumb to the eye to blind me, he then hits me with a roundhouse punch, Piper charges in and I catch him with a backslide getting a 2 count, I then hit Piper with a roundhouse punch of my own, I go for a piledriver but he blocks, I then knock him down with a charging dropkick and then hit a big splash for a 2 count. I go to the top rope and come off with a flying double axe handle, I pick him up and go for another piledriver but he again blocks, I then use a small package to get a 2 and a half count, Piper fights back and goes for his flurry of punches he's famous for but I block him and deliver a piledriver and cover for a 2 count, I'm getting frustrated that I can't pin Piper. Piper goes for a sunset flip but I fall on top of him getting yet another near fall, I go for the rapid fire dropkicks but Piper counters by pulling my hair, he picks me up and uses roll up on me to get a 2 count, he then in frustration slams my face into the mat, I get to my feet and go for the Von Erich claw but he counter by thumbing me in the eye, he then goes for another sunset flip but I roll through and hit him with rapidfire dropkicks and quickly cover for a 2 count. I then pick him up and go for a piledriver but he blocks, he then pokes me in the eye and hits a pile driver of his own and covers for the 3 count. Rating: A [B][U]Tuesday, Week 3, June: MACW in Your Town!:[/U][/B] Tonight I arrive for my second Mid-Atlantic show, after losing to Roddy Piper which of course didn't bother me because Piper's a big name in Mid-Atlantic so my next match against former NWA Champion Gene Kiniski's son Kelly, he's good guy and a capable wrestler so hopefully we can put on a good match. Kerry Von Erich Vs Kelly Kiniski: The bell rings and Kelly goes to lock up but I hit him with a dropkick, I do go for a knee drop but he moves out of the way, he then applies an arm bar, I try to get to the ropes and just as I reach for the ropes he switches to a body scissors, he then drives his knee into my legs but I block and he goes back to the arm bar and then drops an elbow, Kelly sits me up and applies a rear chinlock but I block and get to my feet, I come back with a kick to the gut and then scoop him up and slam him down, I sit him up looking to drive my knee into his back but he blocks and fights back to his feet, he then hits me with a suplex and goes back to the arm bar, I slip out and hit him with a big forearm, with Kelly clutching his chest after the forearm I worsen matters by hitting a dropkick, I then go for a short arm clothesline but Kelly has it scouted and gets out, he then applies a front facelock looking to dictate the pace and then turns it into a standing arm bar, I think he's trying to injure my arm so I can't use the Von Erich Claw, Kelly goes for a suplex but counter and fall on top of him getting a two count. I pick him up and unload a flurry of punches rocking Kelly, I then hit a standing powerslam hoping to knock the wind out of him, I go to the top rope and wait for Kelly to stand up and go for a dropkick but Kelly moves out of the way, I get to my feet as Kelly dropkicks me into the corner, he then follows it up with a charging dropkick, I stumble out of the corner and Kelly continues with some rapidfire dropkicks, I think that Kelly is better then people give him credit for, he then applies a spinning toe hold looking for the submission but I get to the ropes, I get to my feet and get met with a Lou Thez press knocking me over and Kelly covers for a 2 count. He picks me up and hit another dropkick, he then applies a boston crab but I slip out and push him into the ropes, as he comes back I catch him with a back suplex, I then pick him up and hit him with the tornado punch knocking Kelly off his feet and cover for a near fall. I go for a small package but Kelly's having none of it and counters with a forearm to my back, Kelly going back to the well once to often (as some commentators might say) looking for another set of rapidfire dropkicks but I've got it scouted and move out of the way and counter with a bost crab but Kelly gets to the ropes as I break the hold, I go for another boston crab but he slips out and goes for a bridging back suplex but I shift my weight and fall into him covering him for a near fall, sencing the end is near I pick him and up and drill him into the mat with a piledriver and cover for the 3 count. Rating: B- The ref raises my hand, I help Kelly to his feet and raise his hand as well as the crowd applaud our match, we both put on a good match and Kelly proved to people that will hopefully sit up and take notice that he is able to wrestle and just not 'Gene's Kid'. After wrestling him for a half hour I've got a lot of respect for Kelly and I hope he does well and builds on this performance. [B][U]Saturday, Week 3, June: Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling:[/U][/B] I arrive at the arena in North Carolina for the TV taping of Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, walking around the backstage area people are running around making sure everything is working out, this is my first Television taping for Mid-Atlantic and it all looks very professional, I look at the booking sheet and I've got Dick Slater in a cage. Kerry Von Erich Vs Dick Slater: The cage door is shut and we're under way, I hit a dropkick on Dick which knocks him down, I follow up by dropping a knee on him, I go for an arm bar but Slater slips out, he comes back with two forearm shots to my back, he goes for an arm wringer but I break out and plant a boot to his gut, I use my speed to catch Slater with a monkey flip, with Dick down I apply a rear chinlock hoping to weaken him enough to escape, I switch from the headlock to the arm bar, Dick fights back, he throws a forearm shot at me but I avoid it and hit him with one of my own, I hit a knee lift on hit and as he stumbles backwards I hit him with a chop, Slater comes back again with another forearm, he applies an arm wringer and pulls me closer to him and hits a european uppercut, Slater is building momentum with a kick to the gut and another forearm shot, he picks me up and takes me down with a firemans carry, he positions his boot over my face and goes to rake his laces across my eyes but I block it and get to my feet, I come at Slater but he slows me down with an eye rake, the crowd boo Slater for his obvious underhanded tactics, he goes for a gutwrench suplex but I slipout and body slam him, I then follow up with a dropkick and then a forearm across his back, the crowd seemed to enjoy that, Slater manages to back me into the corner, and grabs the tag rope from an earlier tag match and begins to choke me with it, as I'm regaining my breath he unloads with punches left and right, Slater throws a right hand but I avoid it and take him down with a rear amateur takedown. Dick gets back to his feet and I take him down again with an arm drag, Slater is starting to get frustrated, I charge at him but he runs at me and nearley takes my head off with a clothesline, he picks me up and hammers away with knees, elbows and fists, as I slump to the canvas he tries to rub my face in the mat but I block and fight back, I drop toe hold Slater and climb the turnbuckles, as Dick gets to his feet I hit him with a double axe handle, seeing my chance I sit him up and unload with a flurry of punches to the back of his head, Dick shruggs it off and knocks me down, he unties some of his wrist tape and begins choking me with it, he picks me up and goes for the leaping piledriver but I counter and hit him with a vertical suplex. I pick him up and knock him down with a short-arm clothesline, Slater gets to his feet and I knock him down again with a tornado punch and apply the boston crab, with enough damage down I accend the cage looking to escape but Slater catches me and pulls me down, he spins me around but I kick him in the gut and hit him with a piledriver, with Slater down I climb up and over and hit the floor winning the match. Rating: E Not a great cage match, I think that the crowd was looking for some blood and a bit more brutal encounter but a win's a win and I'm getting a little more in the paycheck for winning this type of match and a wider audience who didn't know me before will do now with this TV taped match.

The one thing that I think is missing in the cage matches in WS2 is the ability to launch the opponent into a cage wall. I haven't seen it as an action move. It should be right with the irish whip and corner whip moves but I haven't seen it. I think that it is vital to have that in cage matches.

From what I heard,the launching into the cage wall is not in WreSpi 2;I was just mentioning the other day how I'd like there to be moves specifc to the cage like there are moves specific to outside the ring (face slam into cage,leg slam into cage,etc.),and of course the ability to dive from the top of the cage. Anyway,good to see my namesake pick up his first W in Mid-Atlantic;I'm sure he'll pick up more as you find your "groove" as far his stengths and weaknesses,a little work on his Consistency and Psychology would probably benfit him alot as Kerry was known for his habit of "working down" to the level of his opponent.

Super diary, Moderndaywarrior. I have very much enjoyed the match recaps; excellent detail. It is hard to say what has been my favorite match. The tag bout between Gordy & Hayes vs. Kerry & Adams had a super ending. Hayes cheating like that is almost eerily true to life. My pick would be the 6 Man bout, though. That was a fantastic read. David Von Erich, in particular, came out very well done (imho). His going into that rage was so typical. And considering it would have been the deciding fall, Buddy Roberts stumbling into Kevin's Claw was another great ending. On the singles front: Just wait until you get Gordy in a cage. He won't be able to pull any of that 'over the top rope to save myself' jazz then... the cretin. I tell ya, those Freebirds are evil! :) Good luck on your Mid Atlantic career. I was kind of hoping Kerry would totally rebel and head to the WWF, but MACW is a super place to work. If your opening matches there are any indication, Kerry will be a Nationwide star in no time. Still waiting for a Claw finish, though. Heh. Again -- I think this is a great read. Hopefully you can keep it up, but even if not, it has been very entertaining. Thanks!

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;134653]Holy crud -- sorry about that, shadow! :) I had just finished reading moderndaywarrior's post and I slipped as result. Ugh.[/QUOTE] Not to mention the threads "Kerry Von Erich- The Modern Day Warrior". I got confused there too.

[QUOTE=Moderndaywarrior;134961]NEWS FLASH: Moderndaywarrior posts in a thread with the words "Modern Day Warrior" in the title,mass confusion ensues! :)[/QUOTE] My local newspaper actually had that headline this morning. No joke................seriously. [QUOTE=redshadow100;135072]lol, it doesn't matter does it? people are enjoying my dynasty are they?[/QUOTE] Oh heck no it don't matter, was just idea chit chat inspired by confusion with your great diary. :D .....wait it's yours right...........:p

[B][U]Thursday, Week 4, June: Charlotte Coliseum:[/U][/B] Looking at the booking sheet for tonights show I've got George South, South's been around Mid-Atlantic for a little while and hopefully we can put on a good match. Kerry Von Erich Vs George South: The match gets underway and I hit South with a forearm shot across the shoulder, I go for a drop toe hold but George breaks out, I get to my feet and take South down with an arm drag, I sit George up and apply a hammerlock and then drive my knee into his arm, I then apply a double wristlock and then switch to a chin lock showing off my mat skills, the crowd begin to chant my name, George fights back and applies a side headlock and then goes behind and applies a hammerlock and begins to wrench on it, I get out of the hammerlock and use an arm wringer takedown, South comes back with a couple of kicks to the gut which knocks the wind out of me, South goes for a dropkick but I move, I then unload with a punch flurry, I come off the ropes looking for a big splash but South moves out of the way, George drops a knee on me, he then sits me up and kicks me square in the back, I get to my feet and come back with rapidfire dropkicks regaining the momentum, I go for a boston crab but South slips out, he hits me with a forearm and then goes for a vertical suplex but I counter and fall on top and get a 2 count. I then hit South with a tornado punch, I pick him up and goe for the Von Erich Claw but South breaks out, the crowd is getting into it and is really wanting me to get the Claw locked in, George drives me back into the corner and unloads with a forearm flurry in the corner, I fall out of the corner, South feeling the match is his he goes for an elbow drop but I move, as he gets up I make the signal for the Claw and as he turns around I apply the Von Erich Claw, South struggles for a little while and then submits!! Rating: D My hand is raised and the crowd enjoyed the match, South is a better wrestler then people give credit for and really held up his end, I'm quite happy myself by finally finishing a match with the Claw which my family has been using in Texas for since as long as I can remember. I phone my dad down in Texas to see how things are going down in World Class, with their recent show David lost the WCCW Texas Heavyweight title which he's had for a long time to Frank Dusek but a bit of good news Kevin defeated Micheal Hayes to retain his WCCW American Heavyweight title, I'm pleased that things are going well down there, I may go back there later on but for now I've got a NWA title to win! [B][U]Tuesday, Week 2, July: MACW in Your Town!:[/U][/B] After beating George South I look to gain momentum and I'm not dissapointed I've got a non-title match against NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair, this is a big match for me and could well catapult me to the top in Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling. Ric Flair Vs Kerry Von Erich: We lock up and Flair cheap shots me with a punch, he goes for a kick but I catch his foot and then use an arm wringer takedown to bring him to the mat, he counters and comes back with a side headlock, he the plants a boot to my knee and tries for a front facelock but I slip out and hit a dropkick, Ric then uses his experiance to get behind me and use an amateur takedown on me, he then drives his knee into my leg, he's trying to weaken to my legs so he can get his figure four leglock on, I get to my feet and get taken down again when he clips my knee, he measures me up and goes to drop an elbow but I move out of the way, I slap on an arm bar, Flair gets to his feet and I hit him with an arm drag, I go for a knee drop but Flair moves which doesn't help matters when he's working my legs over already, Flair site me up and hit me with a bionic elbow, I get up again and use an arm drag on Flair, I go for a knee drop and this time it connects, I pick Flair up and hit a suplex, I get Ric to his feet again and hit a monkey flip, I go for an elbow drop but Ric moves, Flair again uses a bionic elbow, he then grabs my leg and goes for the figure four but I break out, I get to my feet and go for a bodyslam but Flair pokes me in the eye, he then drops down and applies the Abdominal Stretch but I don't give in. I use an arm drag and then drop an elbow on him, Flair fights back and tries a knee break but I turn into it and fall on top getting a 2 count, I hit a knee lift knocking Flair down, I go for a piledriver but he blocks, so I go for a short-arm clothesline but he blocks that as well, I then hit him with some rapidfire dropkicks, Flair stumbles back into the ropes and falls forward, as he comes forward I hit him with a piledriver and cover for a near fall. With Flair still out on the floor I apply the boston crab looking for the submission but Flair doesn't give in, Flair gets to his feet and uses a bodyslam on me and goes to the top turnbuckle and looks for a flying knee drop but I move, I go for the Abdominal Claw but Flair blocks, Flair goes for a piledriver but I block and counter with a piledriver of my own and cover for another near fall. I pick Flair up and hook him up for a fisherman's suplex but Flair slips out, I then manage to get the Von Erich Claw on but Flair counters by punching me in the face, I try for the fisherman's suplex again but Flair silps out and hits me with a piledriver and covers for the 3. Rating: B I'm a little disappointed by the loss but we put on a good match and proved we can work well together, so I'm hoping that management will take notice and maybe in future we can have a few matches together. [B][U]Thursday, Week 2, July: Greenville Memorial Auditorium:[/U][/B] Another big show special and after my couragous outing against Ric Flair to get back winning again I've got George Scott again, after our last match I hope for it to be another good matchup. Kerry Von Erich Vs George South: The match begins and I look for a bodyslam to gain the advantage early but George slips out, he applies a side headlock but I slip out of that, I then use a drop toehold then an elbow drop to kick him down, I try to weaken his arms with a grounded hammerlock, I then drop a knee across his chest, I pick him up and deliver an arm drag, I then unload with a punch flurry, I pick him up and shoot him into the ropes but he surprises me and reverses, as I come back he drops down and delivers a back body drop, I get to my feet holding my back, I get met by a dropkick and South tries to follow up with an arm bar but I roll through the pressure and slip out, I get to my feet and dropkick George which sends him flying backwards into the corner, I follow him in and unload with punches, the crowd count along with every punch I deliver 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..and the big right hand...10! George then collapses in the corner, the crowd are cheering and I acknowledge them, as I turn around George has regained his senses and rolls me up in a small package for a 2 count. I get to my feet and am met by a charging forearm from South, he picks me up and drops me with a neckbreaker, he picks me up again and uses another small package to get a 2 and half count. I get to my feet a bit dazed after being small packaged twice, South is feeling confident and takes me up and down with a vertical suplex, he goes for a side headlock but I slip out and outside the ring to break his momentum, I climb to the top rope and hit him with a second rope dropkick, I pick him up and go for a piledriver but he blocks, I then hit him with some rapidfire dropkicks, I beg him to get up again and he gets to his feet to be met with a tornado punch, I then plant a boot to his gut and then hook him up and deliver the fisherman's suplex for the 3 count. Rating: E Not a Von Erich classic but I had fun with George, a little while later we meet up in the back and have a laugh and joke, George is a really nice guy and it's a shame that management hasn't come up with anything more then enhancement talent. We leave the arena and go to the local diner for some food. [B][U]Saturday, Week 2, July: Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling:[/U][/B] I arrive at the arena for the TV taping, I stop talk to George South and Bob Caudle, I have a quick word with Jimmy Crockett, the current NWA World Tag Team Champions The Briscos are around and I say hi. I check the booking sheet and it's Assassin #2 tonight. Kerry Von Erich Vs Assassin #2: The bell rings and I go to work on Assassin's arm with an arm wringer smash, I then use an arm wringer takedown and drop an elbow on him, he's a big guy so I'm trying to keep him down with a double wristlock and an arm bar, I switch it to a hammerlock and then drop a knee on him, I go for a rear chinlock but he breaks out and hits me with a big clubbing blow and then drops a big elbow on me, I fight back and shoot him into the ropes and hit a backdrop but he gets up and hits me with another clubbing blow and then begins to stomp the crap out of me! He picks me up and hits a backbreaker and hits another big elbow, I fight back with forearms to get to my feet and then take him down with a drop toe hold, but again the Assassin gets up and hits me with a standing double axe handle then knocks me off my feet with a shoulder tackle, I'm feeling shaken because the shots he's throwing are big shots that knocks me all over the place, I fight back with knife edge chops, I go for a suplex but he slips out and applies a head vice, he goes for another double axe handle but I avoid it and hit him with a suplex this time, I dive on him and hit him with punches so I can keep him down but he throws me off and gets back to his feet, he then nearly dicapitates me with a running clothesline, he grabs me by the hair and then slams my face into the mat, I get to my feet and throw everything I've got at him with punches, I then hit him with a short-arm clothesline, I run at him but he catches me and hits a piledriver and covers for a 2 count. He then picks me up and applies the Hercules Back Breaker rack but I count and fall on top of him getting a 2 count, I go for a roundhouse punch but he counters and press slams me, I get back up and hit him with a roundhouse punch that connects, I then scoop him up and hit a standing powerslam, I use some rapidfire dropkicks to shake Assassin but to no avail he hits me with a vicious piledriver and covers me for the 3 count. Rating: B I leave the ring holding my neck, if I keep taking piledrivers like that my career could well be shortened!! A tough match against a bigger opponent, the fans enjoyed and I'm happy with my performance.

[B][U][COLOR="Black"]Tuesday, Week 3, July: MACW in Your Town!:[/COLOR][/U][/B] After losing on TV to the Assassin #2 I look today to get back on track and what better way then a title shot, I look at the booking sheet and I've got Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine in a 2/3 falls match for the United States Heavyweight title, its got a lot of prestige behind the title and its the second biggest title in Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, the biggest title being the NWA World title. Kerry Von Erich Vs Greg Valentine (C): The bell rings and we lock up and Greg gets the better of me by applying a side headlock, I stuggle for a little while but get out and hit him with an arm drag, with Greg down I apply the arm bar and then drop a knee on him, I keep Greg down by applying a double hand wristlock, I go for another knee drop but for my overconfidence he moves out of the way, he slaps on the chin lock to regain control of the match, he releases the chinlock and plants a kick to he middle of my back, I'm in agony and Greg knidly follows it up with a kick to the side of the head, he sits me up again and goes back to the back kick but this time I've got it scouted and move out of the way, I get to my feet and hit Greg with a knee lift, with Greg stunned momenterally I take him down with a drop toe hold, Greg figths back up to his feet (the US Champ still has alot left) I apply an arm wringer and the hammer away at his shoulder trying to weaken it, I then hit a suplex, I go for an elbow drop but Greg with all his experiance rolls out of harms way, he tries for a forearm drop but I move out of the way, I charge at him but he catches me with an atomic drop, I block the move and hit him with an arm drag, I climb on Greg and begin to hammer away with right hands to his face, the ref warns me about the punches, Greg goes for a forearm flurry but I counter and roll him up with a small package for a 2 count. I pick Greg up and hit him with a roundhouse punch, I go for the right hands again while Greg's down but he slips out, he hits me with a roundhouse of his own, he tries for a flurry of punches but I block, I wind him up and hit him with a short arm clothesline, I pick him up and go for a standing powerslam but Greg punches his way out of the move, he sets me up and charges in to plant a kick to the side of my head but I avoid it and come back with a flurry of punches which busts Greg open, I go for a vertical suplex but he counters raking my eyes, sensing that I'm gaining momentum he grabs me by the hair and tries to throw me over the top rope gaining a disqualification but I block it as I get to the ropes, I knock him down with another roundhouse, I apply the boston crab but Greg doesn't give in, I go for some rapidfire dropkicks but Greg moves as my legs crash into the mat, Greg sees his chance and applies his finisher the Figure Four Leglock! I struggle and hold on and manage to get to the ropes, I get to my feet with the help from the ropes and throw a tornado punch but Greg blocks so I go for a small package but Greg blocks that as well, he then hits me with a piledriver and covers for the 3 count making it 1-0 Greg. He picks me up and unloads with punch after punch, this time I'm busted open, he goes for a piledriver again but I block and try for a piledriver of my own but he blocks it as well, I try for another one but this time he counters and throws me over the tope rope by accident the ref has no option but to disqualify him making it 1-1. I go for a small package again but he slips out and turns it into the sleeper hold and with blood flowing I'm beginning to feel weakened, I manage to get out and come back with some rapidfire dropkicks, the crowd are going wild they want to see Greg lose the title and begin to chant my name giving me their support, I apply the boston crab but Greg slips out he goes for a flurry of forearm shots but I avoid it, I go for a piledriver but he blocks so I hit him with a tornado punch, the crowd erupts when I connect and Greg goes down, I wipe the blood from my eyes as I can see that Greg is bleeding worse then before, I cover for a 2 and half count. I set Greg up and bounce off the ropes looking for the charging dropkick, but Greg bails out of the way as I connect with the refeere, he goes down like a car's hit him, Greg picks me up but I kick him in the gut and hit him with a piledriver, I apply the boston crab and the crowd goes wild as Greg submits but the ref being unconcious and doesn't see it, I set Greg up again and go for the charging dropkick but again he moves and this time as I crash to the mat once again, he applies his finisher again the Figure Four, this time the pain is unbearable and I submit but again the ref is down, Greg is frustrated and releases the hold to wake the ref, he turns his attentions back to me and takes me to the corner, he grabs one of the tag ropes and begins to choke me with it, he then unloads with punches, as I try to get up he plants a right hand to the side of my head which knocks me dizzy, he then reapplies the Figure Four as the ref gets back to his feet, I struggle and the pain is terrible, luckily I manage to slip out, Greg can't believe that someone has broken his hold, I get to my feet once again thanks to the aid of the ropes and kick him in the gut I go for a piledriver but he blocks, I then hit him with a double axe handle to the back and try again this time I'm successful and hit it, I roll him over and drape an arm over for a near fall. The crowd can sense that the match is ending soon and hoping to see a new US Champion crowned, I get to my feet and wipe more blood from my face, I pick Greg up who's out of it after the piledriver and I hook him up with a fisherman's suplex, I hit it and bridge as the refeere counts 1...2...3!!! [B][COLOR="Red"]We have a NEW United States Heavyweight Champion!![/COLOR][/B] Rating: A* The crowd are going wild as the announcer makes the announcement "Ladies & Gentlemen at the 30 minute mark with 2 falls to 1 via pinfall, the NEW United States Champion 'The Modern Day Warrior' Kerry Von Erich!" I'm laying on the mat an get to my knee's, Greg slowly rolls out of the ring trying to shake loose the fisherman's suplex I just hit him with, I get to my feet as the ref hands me the title belt, I can't believe it! I hold the title above my head as the crowd cheer and chant for me! I leave ringside thanking the fans and get to the back, some of the boys congratulate me on a fantastic match, I run into Greg "Hell of a match kid! Hell of a match!" I shake his hand and let the doctor see to his stitches before he sorts out mine, a little later on I ring my family down in Texas and tell them the good news, everyone can't be more happy for me and that means alot. I retire to my hotel room with my new title in hand.

• 2 weeks later...
[B][U]Satuday, Week 3, July: Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling:[/U][/B] After my US title victory I have a non-title match tonight against one of The Assassin, I've wrestled his tag team partner Assassin #2 before who got the win over me so I'm hoping that this match against another Assasin is alot easier. Kerry Von Erich Vs The Assassin: The bell rings and we lock up, I go straight into the arm wringer and switch it to a front facelock hoping to keep control of the match, I try for a drop toe hold but Assassin blocks it, he then uses an arm wringer on me and then punches me in the face, he follows up with a kick to the gut, he goes for a snap mare takedown but I slip out and turn it into a suplex, I see this as a good chance to work him over on the mat and keep him down, I apply a side grounded headlock and then switch it to an arm bar looking to dislocate his shoulder, I then turn that into a double handed wrist lock, I then let go of the hold and the crowd applaud a nice display of mat wrestling, The Assassin starts to get up but I keep him down with a knee drop, I apply a hammerlock and bring my knee back ready to drive it into his shoulder but he slips out, I get back to my feet and he applies an extended wristlock, he then turns that into a front face lock and again punches me in the face, the ref warns about the closed fist, Assassin goes for a sideheadlock takedown but I slip out and as he turns around I hit him with a monkey flip, he gets back to his feet and I take him down again with a snap mare, I apply another arm bar and turn that into a double handed wrist lock, I drop an elbow on him and apply a grounded side headlock, I release the hold and drop a knee on him, he fights back and uses a back rake, the ref again warns him, with the ref distracting him I get shake off the back rake and hit him with a dropkick, with him down I drop another knee on him, this time I connect with the hammerlock knee drive, I then deliver a flurry of punches, I climb to the top rope and as The Assassin gets to his feet I hit him with a second rope dropkick, I apply a boston crab but he refuses to submit. I wait for him to get up and deliver a few rapid fire dropkicks, I then hit him with a tornado punch and cover for a 2 count, I go for the Von Erich Claw but he avoid and hits me with a clothesline, he goes to drop a fist on me but I avoid and go for the Abdominal Claw but he breaks out, he again connects with a clothesline, he goes for a bionic elbow but I avoid and hit him with a fishermans suplex!! for the 3 count. Rating: B

• 4 weeks later...
(Note: Having taken a break, I hope to get this dynasty going again.) [B]Saturday, Week 4, July: Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling:[/B] Hot off my victory against The Assassin for tonights show I've got a United States title defence against the mysterious Great Kabuki, Kabuki's a very tough opponent and to top that off he's got Paul Jones in his corner so I'll have to watch out for him. Kerry Von Erich (C) Vs The Great Kabuki: The bell rings to get us under way, I hit an arm drag on him and then turn it into a grounded side headlock, my stratergy for this match is to try and keep Kabuki grounded on the mat, I drop a knee on him and then follow up with a rear chinlock, I go for a double handed wristlock but Kabuki slips out, he gets back to his feet and hits me with a knife edge chop, he goes for the mist but I avoid it and hit a suplex on him, with Kabuki down I apply a grounded hammerlock trying to keep him down, Kabuki fights back to his feet, he goes for a judo toss but I break it and hit a drop toe hold and quickly get on him with a grounded side headlock, I then swiftly change to an arm bar and begin to wrench back, I release the hold and drop a knee on him, I then drop an elbow on him, I go for a hammerlock knee drive but he breaks out, he applies an arm wringer and the sweeps my ankle away taking me down, he sits me up and unleashes a vicious seated kick, he picks me up and goes for a standing arm bar, I have this scouted and slip out, as Kabuki turns around I scoop him up and hit a standing powerslam, Kabuki gets back up and goes for a spinning back fist but I duck and counter with a backsilde getting a 2 count. I drive Kabuki into the corner, I then climb the turnbuckles and unload with ten punches which the crowd join in with, I drag him out of the corner and goe for a short-arm clothesline but Kabuki breaks out, he hits me with another knife edge chop, he then begins to unload with roundhouse chops and double chops to the neck, I come back with a punch flurry knocking him down, the crowd are going wild as I apply the boston crab looking for the submission, but he refuses to give up. Kabuki gets to his feet again and hits me with a running chop, he then goes for the green mist but I avoided, I then hit him with a piledriver and cover for a near fall. Kabuki gets to his feet again and I meet him with a tornado punch and cover for another near fall, feeling the end I pick him up and hit the fisherman's suplex for the 3 count. [B]Rating:C[/B] The referee hands me the title making it my first successful title defence against a tough opponent in Kabuki, I was surprised that his manager Paul Jones didn't get involved in the match, after the match as I'm leaving ringside, I see Jones in the ring berating Kabuki for not capturing the US title. [B]Tuesday, Week 2, August: MACW in Your Town!:[/B] After the difficult battle with Kabuki I have yet another US title defense against Larry Zbysko, he hasn't been in Mid-Atlantic long and he's already been impressing the management enough to get himself a title shot, lets hope I get the win over Zbysko. Kerry Von Erich(C) Vs Larry Zbysko: The bell rings to get the match under way, we lock up and I immediatley use an arm wringer to take control, I switch to a front facelock but Larry slips out, he then uses an arm wringer on me, he then pulls me towards him and connects with a right hand, he then hits me in the side of the head with a forearm show, he then applies a top wrist lock, he then pushes me into the ropes and he hits me with a forearm shot to the middle of my back, he then grabs my tights and pulls me backwards delivering another forearm shot to my back, he then tries to go back to the arm wringer but I slip out, I go for a dropkick but Larry side steps and I crash into the mat, Larry grabs my arm outstretches it and drives his knee into it, he then applies a grounded side headlock, he gets me to my feet and applies another arm wringer hoping to weaken my arms so I can't use the Von Erich Claw, he then connects with another forearm shot which rattles me, he then applies a side headlock, he tries for a hammerlock but I slip out, I then hit him with a dropkick, with Larry down I go for a double arm wrist lock but Larry slips out, as I get to my feet Larry knocks me down again with a forearm to my already hurt back, I get to my feet and rub my neck which is feeling sore, Larry goes back to the arm with an arm wringer but I break out and he rakes my eyes, the ref warns him about rule breaking, he then applies a side headlock again, he then winds my arm up and delivers a short arm and hit me in the stomach with his knee, with me near the ropes Larry steps onto the bottom rope and places his boot on my throat and procides to choke me, the ref gives him the five count and he breaks the hold in four and a half, he uses the bottom rope again to drop a knee on me, Larry then applies a single leg grapvine hoping to weaken my legs as well, I'm starting to get worried that I'll lose the title to him because he's been all over me for most part of the match, he drags me over to the ropes and then drapes me over the second rope, he then charges across the ring and drops his weight across me on the ropes knocking the wind out of me, he then slams my face into the mat, I shake the cob webs loose and rub my neck again, the pain seems to be worsening, he the sits me up and punches me in the ear, he then uses the ropes again to choke me and the ref gives him the count and this time he breaks it after three, sensing the end is near he taunts the crowd and applies a figure four leglock, with the ref checking on me Larry reaches and takes hold of the second rope adding move leverage causing more pain, the ref spots it and forces him to break the hold and warns him of cheating, Larry the applies another leg grapvine looking for the submission but I refuse to give in. Larry picks me up and tries for a piledriver but I block, I go for a drop toe hold but he blocks it, I then apply an arm wringer and then switch it to a front facelock, I bring my arm back and deliver a forearm shot to his back, I then hit a monkey flip knocking the wind out of him, I go for a knee drop but he moves, I get to my feet and quickly use a snapmare to takedown Larry, this time I successfully drop a knee on him, the crowd begin to cheer for me, I decide to go for a bit of chain wrestling, I apply a grounded arm bar, I then switch to a double arm wristlock and the float over to a grounded side headlock, the crowd cheer the wrestling display I just put on for them, Larry gets to his feet and I hit a suplex on him, as Larry gets back to his feet I then hit him with a flurry of punches and then apply a straddled arm bar, I go for a side headlock but Larry slips out, he then hits me with a piledriver getting a 2 count. He then sits me up and begins to choke me with his wrist tape, the ref warns him again, I beginning to think if the ref will disqualifiy him with the contenst rule breaking, he picks me up and shoots me off the ropes he then tries for his finisher the main event sleeper but as he applies it I quickly manage to slip out and counter with a back suplex, I then go for a boston crab but he slips out, Larry then begins to beg off asking for mercy but as I walk towards him he pulls me forwards and my face smashes off the middle turnbuckle, as I stumble backwards Larry rolls me up getting a near fall. As I get up Larry again hits me with a piledriver getting a 2 count, with me dazed he uses the wrist tape again to choke me, he then applies a leg grapevine but I refuse to submit, I get back to my feet and I then go for the tornado punch but he counters with a knife edge chop, he goes to choke me with the wrist tape some more but I turn it around and much to the crowds delight I choke him with it, as Larry gets to his feet I hit him with a piledriver I roll him over and drape an arm across for the pin, 1...2...3!! [B]Rating: C+[/B] The refeere raises my hand and hands me the title belt, the crowd are pleased that I won and I'm glad I've retained because for a little while there I thought Larry was going to beat me but I managed to hang on and use some of that Von Erich aggression to hold on and keep the US title for a while longer at least. Also Ric Flair retained the NWA World title by beating Ricky Steamboat and the Briscoes retained the NWA World Tag Titles by beating the impressive team of Wahoo McDaniel and Harley Race.

(Note: Having taken a break, I hope to get this dynasty going again.) [B]Saturday, Week 4, July: Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling:[/B] Hot off my victory against The Assassin for tonights show I've got a United States title defence against the mysterious Great Kabuki, Kabuki's a very tough opponent and to top that off he's got Paul Jones in his corner so I'll have to watch out for him. Kerry Von Erich (C) Vs The Great Kabuki: The bell rings to get us under way, I hit an arm drag on him and then turn it into a grounded side headlock, my stratergy for this match is to try and keep Kabuki grounded on the mat, I drop a knee on him and then follow up with a rear chinlock, I go for a double handed wristlock but Kabuki slips out, he gets back to his feet and hits me with a knife edge chop, he goes for the mist but I avoid it and hit a suplex on him, with Kabuki down I apply a grounded hammerlock trying to keep him down, Kabuki fights back to his feet, he goes for a judo toss but I break it and hit a drop toe hold and quickly get on him with a grounded side headlock, I then swiftly change to an arm bar and begin to wrench back, I release the hold and drop a knee on him, I then drop an elbow on him, I go for a hammerlock knee drive but he breaks out, he applies an arm wringer and the sweeps my ankle away taking me down, he sits me up and unleashes a vicious seated kick, he picks me up and goes for a standing arm bar, I have this scouted and slip out, as Kabuki turns around I scoop him up and hit a standing powerslam, Kabuki gets back up and goes for a spinning back fist but I duck and counter with a backsilde getting a 2 count. I drive Kabuki into the corner, I then climb the turnbuckles and unload with ten punches which the crowd join in with, I drag him out of the corner and goe for a short-arm clothesline but Kabuki breaks out, he hits me with another knife edge chop, he then begins to unload with roundhouse chops and double chops to the neck, I come back with a punch flurry knocking him down, the crowd are going wild as I apply the boston crab looking for the submission, but he refuses to give up. Kabuki gets to his feet again and hits me with a running chop, he then goes for the green mist but I avoided, I then hit him with a piledriver and cover for a near fall. Kabuki gets to his feet again and I meet him with a tornado punch and cover for another near fall, feeling the end I pick him up and hit the fisherman's suplex for the 3 count. [B]Rating:C[/B] The referee hands me the title making it my first successful title defence against a tough opponent in Kabuki, I was surprised that his manager Paul Jones didn't get involved in the match, after the match as I'm leaving ringside, I see Jones in the ring berating Kabuki for not capturing the US title. [B]Tuesday, Week 2, August: MACW in Your Town!:[/B] After the difficult battle with Kabuki I have yet another US title defense against Larry Zbysko, he hasn't been in Mid-Atlantic long and he's already been impressing the management enough to get himself a title shot, lets hope I get the win over Zbysko. Kerry Von Erich(C) Vs Larry Zbysko: The bell rings to get the match under way, we lock up and I immediatley use an arm wringer to take control, I switch to a front facelock but Larry slips out, he then uses an arm wringer on me, he then pulls me towards him and connects with a right hand, he then hits me in the side of the head with a forearm show, he then applies a top wrist lock, he then pushes me into the ropes and he hits me with a forearm shot to the middle of my back, he then grabs my tights and pulls me backwards delivering another forearm shot to my back, he then tries to go back to the arm wringer but I slip out, I go for a dropkick but Larry side steps and I crash into the mat, Larry grabs my arm outstretches it and drives his knee into it, he then applies a grounded side headlock, he gets me to my feet and applies another arm wringer hoping to weaken my arms so I can't use the Von Erich Claw, he then connects with another forearm shot which rattles me, he then applies a side headlock, he tries for a hammerlock but I slip out, I then hit him with a dropkick, with Larry down I go for a double arm wrist lock but Larry slips out, as I get to my feet Larry knocks me down again with a forearm to my already hurt back, I get to my feet and rub my neck which is feeling sore, Larry goes back to the arm with an arm wringer but I break out and he rakes my eyes, the ref warns him about rule breaking, he then applies a side headlock again, he then winds my arm up and delivers a short arm and hit me in the stomach with his knee, with me near the ropes Larry steps onto the bottom rope and places his boot on my throat and procides to choke me, the ref gives him the five count and he breaks the hold in four and a half, he uses the bottom rope again to drop a knee on me, Larry then applies a single leg grapvine hoping to weaken my legs as well, I'm starting to get worried that I'll lose the title to him because he's been all over me for most part of the match, he drags me over to the ropes and then drapes me over the second rope, he then charges across the ring and drops his weight across me on the ropes knocking the wind out of me, he then slams my face into the mat, I shake the cob webs loose and rub my neck again, the pain seems to be worsening, he the sits me up and punches me in the ear, he then uses the ropes again to choke me and the ref gives him the count and this time he breaks it after three, sensing the end is near he taunts the crowd and applies a figure four leglock, with the ref checking on me Larry reaches and takes hold of the second rope adding move leverage causing more pain, the ref spots it and forces him to break the hold and warns him of cheating, Larry the applies another leg grapvine looking for the submission but I refuse to give in. Larry picks me up and tries for a piledriver but I block, I go for a drop toe hold but he blocks it, I then apply an arm wringer and then switch it to a front facelock, I bring my arm back and deliver a forearm shot to his back, I then hit a monkey flip knocking the wind out of him, I go for a knee drop but he moves, I get to my feet and quickly use a snapmare to takedown Larry, this time I successfully drop a knee on him, the crowd begin to cheer for me, I decide to go for a bit of chain wrestling, I apply a grounded arm bar, I then switch to a double arm wristlock and the float over to a grounded side headlock, the crowd cheer the wrestling display I just put on for them, Larry gets to his feet and I hit a suplex on him, as Larry gets back to his feet I then hit him with a flurry of punches and then apply a straddled arm bar, I go for a side headlock but Larry slips out, he then hits me with a piledriver getting a 2 count. He then sits me up and begins to choke me with his wrist tape, the ref warns him again, I beginning to think if the ref will disqualifiy him with the contenst rule breaking, he picks me up and shoots me off the ropes he then tries for his finisher the main event sleeper but as he applies it I quickly manage to slip out and counter with a back suplex, I then go for a boston crab but he slips out, Larry then begins to beg off asking for mercy but as I walk towards him he pulls me forwards and my face smashes off the middle turnbuckle, as I stumble backwards Larry rolls me up getting a near fall. As I get up Larry again hits me with a piledriver getting a 2 count, with me dazed he uses the wrist tape again to choke me, he then applies a leg grapevine but I refuse to submit, I get back to my feet and I then go for the tornado punch but he counters with a knife edge chop, he goes to choke me with the wrist tape some more but I turn it around and much to the crowds delight I choke him with it, as Larry gets to his feet I hit him with a piledriver I roll him over and drape an arm across for the pin, 1...2...3!! [B]Rating: C+[/B] The refeere raises my hand and hands me the title belt, the crowd are pleased that I won and I'm glad I've retained because for a little while there I thought Larry was going to beat me but I managed to hang on and use some of that Von Erich aggression to hold on and keep the US title for a while longer at least. Also Ric Flair retained the NWA World title by beating Ricky Steamboat and the Briscoes retained the NWA World Tag Titles by beating the impressive team of Wahoo McDaniel and Harley Race.

Archived