The Sims 2

Tara Clover

Everyone is all excited about their dogs (very cute), sports teams and Monday Night Football. I just wanted to know if anyone else is totally ecstatic over the arrival of The Sims 2!? The Sims is truly a great game and the most remarkable fact is how most every person (gamer) I've asked has at least tried the game. I can spend literally hours and hours designing and decorating my house without ever even playing the little sim person part. Hah anyhow, I've been waiting a long time for this game and just wanted to share my giddiness.

It was a very innovating idea when the game first came out. I have the very first version without all the expansion packs and whatnot. I had fun with it initially but it did get pretty boring with me after a while since I felt like I am just re-doing the stuff I do in real life, like sleeping, eating and going to the bathroom.

I was obsessed with the original sims games. I credit them as my entrance into 3d modeling and graphic design. The gameplay was subpar but the open ended aspect of the coding and the simple yet brilliant 2d sprites really gave way for a humongous user developing fanbase. Moving to 3d for The Sims 2 is natural evolution but it almost guarantees that it will cut out its original devoted fan base who spent countless hours in psp and photoshop polishing off their designing addictions. lol check this out its my site from 2001. I was a young 16 year old kid who broke from the norm and instead of creating beautiful furniture i longed for the trashy side of things [url]http://angelfire.com/rpg/cbk[/url] be aware some contents may not be suitable for people under the age of 18.

I am hoping I get it for Christmas. I really want to play Sims 2. I was a nut for Sims and I had all but the last 2 versions of it. I hope it does well again. :) I want to see Wil Wright's newest idea come to light and a uberpopular Sims 2 will make it happen faster.

I've played Sims 2 for about 5 or 6 hours so far. First impressions...its much nicer to look at than the original. It doesn have some cool features like aging. Seems too easy to die. Having two teenagers in the house is very hard to keep up with (they now have to do homework)...It's fun...just a lot to get used to. For the first Sims user though, I'd definetely recomend it.

[QUOTE=Maximus]I've heard/read that this Sims game is becoming a fetish for women gamers.[/QUOTE] Max , this was my first thought about this game. I can see where women can get all caught up with it. Making over the house, gossuping with freinds, ect. I am sure those "SENSATIVE" males could also find the game interesting. I bought the original and my teenage boys became tired of it in a hurry and went back to blowing up monsters and fighting ninja's :D Now the only one that seems to play the game is the cute neighbor girl that comes over the house and plays it now and than. The only other female in the house ( my wife ) seems to be addicted to online Bingo .

I think Sims is a simple idea yet really fun. Although myself I have never been hooked or played for ages when it came out I was pretty into it. Although Sims 2 is going to be a huge improvement, just for the fact that everyone ages lol. Dean

The entire game is basically "God Mode"; the ability to "play God", so to speak, is extremely tempting. I tend to get bored of the game too easily if I play it for too long, but generally speaking, it is very interesting. Much, much more customization of the individual Sims, that's for sure...

Your opinion might be that Civilization is the best game, but I believe that Sims and Sims 2 has its good points as well. Just because you don't like it , doesn't mean the game isn't good. I have played both,and I can tell you Sims keeps my attention a LOT longer than Civ does. It was a groundbreaker kind of game, both Civ and Sims, and it has it's fans and detractors. But to state that a game is crap without facts to back up your opinion, isn't the best way to discuss an issue. I have played both and found them to be very interesting, but I find for replayability, Sims (and looks to be Sims 2) is the game that can be different each time you play it. I can't say that for Civilization. It was good years ago, but now, it doesn't hold my attention like other games. :)

Guest IrishHand
[quote]I am going to wait a couple of months for Maxis to iron out the bugs and problems that I have been reading on some of the forums that I visit.[/quote] That pretty much sums up my position. :)

The Sims is complete crap because of the interface, controls, and the shear idea of it. If you want true simulations play SimAnt or SimCity. Now those are two of the greatest games ever made. Also they released Civilization III a couple of years ago and the complete edition is coming out soon.

Jeez, dude, we get your point. You're completely obsessed with Castle of the Winds. You can stop mentioning it on every post now... And nice article.

Archived