Coming In 1.5

The following is currently included in patch 1.5, which is scheduled for release in mid February. Remember, you can always check the status of patches in the Tech Support forum in the Readme. *** Version 1.5 (Release TBA) -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Workers with high speed values can get to the top rope quicker than normal -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Workers can skin the cat as a special counter to being thrown from the ring -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Workers can nip up as a special counter while opponent is waiting for them to stand -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Workers can vault up and over as a special counter to being pushed into the corner -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Workers can get "second wind" \ adrenaline rushes toward the end of matches -- REQUESTED FEATURE: High risk dives come with additional danger of freak mid-match injuries -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Made moves performed on the ringside floor more powerful -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Referee lets chairs stay in the ring longer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got a few questions... what about moves that are 'Throw into the Corner' or 'Throw over the Top Rope'? Will they be able to use the special counters? The Special Counter for the corner does sound alot like what Ric Flair would do, but always fail at. And does everyone get an 'Second Wind', or would there be a way to set it so only certain workers have the potential to get it? Because I could see this working really good in our scenario if we could set it for guys like Hogan's 'Hulking Up', Warrior's 'Spasms', as well as the Indians who'd do their dances. Otherwise the rest of the additions look great.

[QUOTE=Rick Arnold]I got a few questions... what about moves that are 'Throw into the Corner' or 'Throw over the Top Rope'? Will they be able to use the special counters? The Special Counter for the corner does sound alot like what Ric Flair would do, but always fail at.[/QUOTE] No, the special counters only apply to the Push To Corner and Throw From Ring [I]Actions[/I]. It'd be very hard to apply them to [I]Moves[/I], as they may not make sense - for example, the vault in the corner makes sense if the opponent is being thrown into the corner, as we know that he is upright and therefore can reach out. It wouldn't make sense to have that as a special counter if the [I]Move[/I] that leaves him in the corner is Rick Steiner's "have the opponent over your shoulder, run into the corner, hang them upside down", as clearly the opponent is in no position to do any sort of vault while held upside down on a guy's shoulder. Given that the game has no way to differentiate between the two, as it just knows that the opponent ends up in the corner, there's no way to have it for some moves and not others. Incidentally, the Vault Over special counter is not the "Ric Flair Flip" (as he doesn't vault during it, he just flips). It's the classic old school counter to the whip into the corner, where you grab the top ropes on either side of the turnbuckle (still with your back to the opponent), then vault up and backwards. The opponent goes under you, and you land behind him, cornering him. It's the one Steamboat, the Rockers, Tito, etc, all did regularly. [QUOTE=Rick Arnold]And does everyone get an 'Second Wind', or would there be a way to set it so only certain workers have the potential to get it? Because I could see this working really good in our scenario if we could set it for guys like Hogan's 'Hulking Up', Warrior's 'Spasms', as well as the Indians who'd do their dances.[/QUOTE] There are certain pre-conditions, such as a certain amount of Fighting Spirit when beginning the game, the size of the worker, and the move being done to trigger it. Only a few of the top guys would get it, as in reality. It isn't settable via the editor in that sense.

i totally agree man, that lil things like the nip-up are totally awesome, one thing, when you start a career is it possible for you to make the stats seem a lil more realistic? like fitness, if your a natural athlete im even at 20% im, pretty sure you'd be faster thatn a stat of 15-20. My Wrestlers always look pretty crap when they first start out, fair enough they need to learn how to work matches but im sure even if there young their speed and conditioning could be good. **edit** also a lil more random-ness (not sure if thats a word lol) on the "look" stat as im sure super juniors could have an higher look than just 65% and man im looking foward to this patch release, quite possibly the best one yet! also is there any editors in planning, to edit things such as what your employers might say to you ect?

[QUOTE=cyberkitten01]Our good friend XellenceOfXecution has had a 10+ year career in WreSpi so far :)[/QUOTE] Thanks for the namedrop Cyberkitten! :D Up to 16 years now and I haven't been playing as frequently as I used to! 470 matches 398 wins 72 losses and too many titles to count! Plus $20 million in the bank! How about a patch that allows you to start (or buy) your own company? And thanks Adam, the patches continue to add new dimensions!

I've had 5 Years, Feuding with the SWF World Champ(Angry Gillmore) Tag Champs(With William Hayes-I think that's his name) Former 2 Time SWF National Champ. I get paid only 1, 300 each month from SWF though, When my contract runs out my 1, 300 will hopefully rise. Since I'm 96 Over. Anyways, Great update coming up. Can't wait to experiment the wonderful changes of Mr. Rylands game. :)

[QUOTE=Payne]BTW, the coner counter is called a "Tip up" or "Tip over". Learned that in Wrestling School.[/QUOTE] And isn't the flip to feet from the floor called a "kip up" rather than "nip up"? Something everyone with a martial arts background seems to do. I remember RVD saying in an interview that there's no way a promoter will see martial arts skills as a disadvantage, it can only be a good thing to have a more wide range of skills than your average wrestling joe

Im doing pretty good for a Rookie...in my first month, I won 11 out of 11 matchs, so my staminia is at 220 right now, and just about eveywhere except Europe and Aussie, my overness is 5 or higher. I made 180 bucks my first month, proabably a lil more if I would have actually checked at the end, also, That doesnt have any tryout matchs which I had like 6 of...

Ok, so [I]I[/I] know and you know what the difference between a clothesline and a lariat is (the main being still having a head), but as far as commentators go they interchange the names sometimes. Back in ECW, Joey Styles would say "kip up", and that's the only form of the phrase I've heard. I've heard commentators call "spinning leg lariats" and they're rarely as decapitating as a lariat, hence why I thought in some cases it was less important what they called it. I seem to remember around 2000 in WCW whenever a Steiner clotheslined someone they'd call it a lariat despite not looking particularly impressive I suppose I could further dig myself in a hill and saying something like a shoulder tackle, spear and three point charge are all the same ;P

Archived