Coming In 1.5

[QUOTE=chaotic] It would also be interesting to add some effects of befriending promoters/bookers [/QUOTE] doesnt this already happen? im friends with the guy who runs the scottish hardcore one and im almost always in the ME, even with ave overness [QUOTE]REQUESTED FEATURE: Added shortcut key "S" to Skip Results while going through CPU promotion results[/QUOTE] and god bless you for that one adam :D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*** Version 1.5 (Release TBA) -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Workers with high speed values can get to the top rope quicker than normal -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Workers can skin the cat as a special counter to being thrown from the ring -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Workers can nip up as a special counter while opponent is waiting for them to stand -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Workers can vault up and over as a special counter to being pushed into the corner -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Workers can get "second wind" \ adrenaline rushes toward the end of matches -- REQUESTED FEATURE: High risk dives come with additional danger of freak mid-match injuries -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Made moves performed on the ringside floor more powerful -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Referee lets chairs stay in the ring longer -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Improved AI in regards to computer characters using medium level moves earlier -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Improved AI in regards to computer characters using rebounds -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Renamed Push Oppponent Into Corner as Whip Opponent Into Corner -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Added random moments where workers will sell the fact that they are hurting -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Workers with badly damaged legs now find it harder to climb to the top rope -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Added "squash bonus"; finishers are easier to hit if the attacker has dominated the match -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Added ability to launch opponent into the steel during cage matches -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Added shortcut key "S" to Skip Results while going through CPU promotion results -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Improved tagging AI to be more realistic and better strategy for the computer -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Improved AI in regards to computer characters using tables -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Improved AI in regrads to computer characters going to the top rope -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Altered it so that strikes from behind are not allowed while the opponent is rebounding

And one more... *** Version 1.5 (Release TBA) -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Workers with high speed values can get to the top rope quicker than normal -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Workers can skin the cat as a special counter to being thrown from the ring -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Workers can nip up as a special counter while opponent is waiting for them to stand -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Workers can vault up and over as a special counter to being pushed into the corner -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Workers can get "second wind" \ adrenaline rushes toward the end of matches -- REQUESTED FEATURE: High risk dives come with additional danger of freak mid-match injuries -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Made moves performed on the ringside floor more powerful -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Referee lets chairs stay in the ring longer -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Improved AI in regards to computer characters using medium level moves earlier -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Improved AI in regards to computer characters using rebounds -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Renamed Push Oppponent Into Corner as Whip Opponent Into Corner -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Added random moments where workers will sell the fact that they are hurting -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Workers with badly damaged legs now find it harder to climb to the top rope -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Added "squash bonus"; finishers are easier to hit if the attacker has dominated the match -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Added ability to launch opponent into the steel during cage matches -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Added shortcut key "S" to Skip Results while going through CPU promotion results -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Improved tagging AI to be more realistic and better strategy for the computer -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Improved AI in regards to computer characters using tables -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Improved AI in regrads to computer characters going to the top rope -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Altered it so that strikes from behind are not allowed while the opponent is rebounding -- REQUESTED FEATURE: Added unlockable match type "Hardcore Elimination"

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]Squash bonus is if you're in High energy and the opponent is in Danger.[/QUOTE] If I may ask, how will that deal with tag matches? It's relatively easy to have one guy beat up the opposition into Danger territory (taking damage himself, of course) and then tag in the fresh man...that won't count as a squash, will it?

It does exactly what I described, it's a bonus if one guy is in High and the other is in Danger. With tag matches, if you choose to keep one guy fresh so that he can come in a cause havoc, that's your decision, but with the new tag team code you'd probably struggle as the AI is a lot smater at tagging in and out.

Ha that rush counter to the top is great. I've started a whole new guy with the patch now and got a win over Fox Mask by rushing to the rope and delivering a top rope face crusher before he got off what I'm guessing was going to be a finishing splash he'd tried once before. Busted him open on it too.

[QUOTE=mikeyb]Out of interest, do the updates take effect in ongoing games? I installed the patch, but don't seem to be getting the rush option when my opponent is on the top rope.[/QUOTE] Download the latest database from the CornellVerse site, the Rush option is something you set via the database, it's not a stand-alone feature.

Maybe I have done something wrong, but... I installed 1.5, went through the blue installation screen process, etc. But my game still shows version 1.4 It also still says "throw into the corner" (not "whip into the corner), there's no indication of change in computer AI, not sure about increased damages for moves outside the ring and I don't have the "skip all results" option. I had thought these would all be changes in 1.5. (Mr. A.R had posted these changes were coming) Have I made a mistake in installation?

Check to see if there's a Wrespi folder WITHIN your current one.. sometimes if you select the folder specifically it actually goes INTO the folder.

Thanks for the help, but nothing seems to work... it automatically went to C:\Programme\GDS\Wrestling Spirit. I then re-installed it per Weden's suggestion to the WreSpi folder inside this one. It only installed another version inside this one. I foolishly tried it a third time and I now have the update installed on a folder within a folder within a folder within a folder... and it is still running 1.4 Sorry to be a pain, but if anyone from the incredible helpful and friendly WreSpi community can tell me the simple thing I am missing, it would be MUCH appreciated... :-)

Check where your shortcut is pointing to, as well as where you are installing. If they are not the same, then you aren't updating the program that you're running. I've had that happen a couple times myself. Incidentally, this would lead to a suggestion I've had. *runs to the suggestion forum*

Archived