No that isn't currently planned. I can see how this is relevant to real life when you have people retiring while still (relatively) young, but in TEW-terms the only reasons someone retires is because they're either about to hit pension age, or they're so physically damaged that they can't continue. In either case, they're extremely unlikely to be able to come out of retirement and wrestle.

if they are on hiatus though, couldn't we still contact them, and ask them to come back to our company? That is my real question. If someone has left the business, or is on hiatus, couldn't they be enticed to return to the right company/contract?

[QUOTE=JS The Monster]you say:There'd be no way to bring them back to active just for an occasional match, if they go back to being active it has to be full-time. Does that mean that the game can turn a retired wrestler into a active wrestler?[/QUOTE] most probably not, as like he said, once they're retired in the CornellVerse, they're done, finished, anyone retired will not come back, however, Mr. Ryland has offered us hope that we can entice the On Hiatus/Left The Business workers back by saying "I guess you'll just have to keep reading the journal to see if this has been included or not..."

[QUOTE=TeemuFoundation;134691]I really hope that once people are retires, they're retired. It's somewhat stupid that I can have a worker retire from in-ring activity... and then I just make them authority figures and bam, they're wrestling again. This should be blocked.[/QUOTE] No. That would suck.

It would be good if you could call up a retired wrestler to headline in some PPV's though. Just using WWE as an example, look at the retired wrestler's they've brought back on occasion for whatever reason: Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Kamala, Brooklyn Brawler (on ECW - what?! Still jobbing though I see :D), Rowdy Roddy Piper and Greg Valentine to name but a few. Obviously the main one that springs to mind is Hulk Hogan.

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;134849]It would be good if you could call up a retired wrestler to headline in some PPV's though. Just using WWE as an example, look at the retired wrestler's they've brought back on occasion for whatever reason: Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Kamala, Brooklyn Brawler (on ECW - what?! Still jobbing though I see :D), Rowdy Roddy Piper and Greg Valentine to name but a few. Obviously the main one that springs to mind is Hulk Hogan.[/QUOTE] All of your examples seem to be semi-active wrestlers. I don't think any of these workers ever actually retired. Most of them can still be seen on indy cards, and The Brawler does show up on TV once in a while, as well as working house shows sporadically.

[QUOTE=Captain Kayfabe;134984]All of your examples seem to be semi-active wrestlers. I don't think any of these workers ever actually retired. Most of them can still be seen on indy cards, and The Brawler does show up on TV once in a while, as well as working house shows sporadically.[/QUOTE] Hogan didn't wrestle for ages but now turns up maybe once a year recently so I wouldn't really call him semi-active, maybe occasionally-active. ;) And didn't Roddy Piper retire in the early 90's only to turn up in WCW, after which he retired again? As far as i'm aware he didn't go off and wrestle elsewhere but he comes back every now and then. The others I can see your point on as being semi-active but Hogan and Piper I think would/should be classed as retired.

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;134991]And didn't Roddy Piper retire in the early 90's only to turn up in WCW, after which he retired again? As far as i'm aware he didn't go off and wrestle elsewhere but he comes back every now and then. The others I can see your point on as being semi-active but Hogan and Piper I think would/should be classed as retired.[/QUOTE] And that’s where the "On Hiatus" comes in to play. Adam said they retire when they are physically unable to compete. People like Hogan/The Rock etc that go off and make movies are not retired. And i am sure in other cases, such as Roddy Piper, he was probably working small feds/Behind the scenes and other noncompetitive rolls until someone throws enough money at him to come take some bumps again (which from the sounds of things is what Adam was getting at)

Archived