What are some of the things you do in every match

With my guy I have a sequence I do at least twice in match . it helps weaken my opponent and sets them up for my finisher (The Proton Lock) what I do is Elbow drop Elbow drop to knee Knee drop Knee bar in the early portion of the match I can usually hit the elbow drop and get denied the rest but by mid match I can hit the entire sequence and ready myself for the finisher

I have several sequences that I like to do regularly. With Hell Monkey, I have the "feet of fire" routine - seated kick to the face, then a seated kick to the back, repeated three times to make six strikes in total. With Optimus, I have the "tempting fate" routine - baseball slide to the outside, followed by plancha dive to the outside, followed by corkscrew plancha to the outside. It's named "tempting fate" because generally you end up splatting on the canvas at one point in the routine :-) With Nemesis, my finishing sequence is always the "triple spike" - DDT onto a steel chair, Animalistic Spear, then the Nemesis Arrow. And finally I have two with Kikkawa - "the demolisher", which is three Kikkawa Lariats in a row, and "strike force", which is a Powerbomb, Kikkawa Knee from the top rope, a Kikkawa Forearm to stun the opponent, then a Kikkawa Driver to lay him out for the three.

* I hope alternate data is o.k.? Playing as the one and only Sheik, if I have the opening move I will always open with the Camel Walk to unnerve my opponent. Further into the match and after taking beatings of at least three moves in a row, I always begin Receiving Messages from Allah (or at least try to). As soon as I get those 'instructions', I pull out my pencil and start going to town; jab him in the leg, the arm... wait for him to fall to the ground, then jab him some more; forehead, throat, back to the arms and legs. The victim gets so marked up, he looks like an S.A.T. test. If I'm facing some freak like Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, or Tommy Rich (or anyone that is about to beat me), I'll Fireball them just for the heck of it. Lord Humongous is fun, as well. If I'm feeling particularly violent (or facing Tommy Rich), the sequence goes as follows: Standing Hockey Mask Headbutt levels the victim (ref stars complaining)... With opponent grounded, I'll drop a Falling Hockey Masked Headbutt (which really angers the zebra stripe)... I'll then top it off by picking the goon up, irish whipping him, and then putting him away with a Running Hockey Masked Headbutt... which will get me disqualified. :) Who needs Shinni-Nu-Makis when you have a freaking Hockey Mask?

I don't do this as much any more, but I used to do it every match. Madman Clothesline to Disturbing the Peace to Piledriver through a table. I couldn't always get it all together in one shot, and usually got a strong warning, but it was an easy way to get an opponent to low. I also usually use an arm wringer to get back to facing after a slip out, since my best finishers are facing ones.

At the start it's always Back Kick Front Facelock Knife Edge Chop Shoot Takedown if still standing Rear Chinlock Forearm to back Russian Legsweep Getting ready to end a match DDT Kneeling Kick Rush Camel Clutch Fame Dropper Half Senton Bomb Finisher The beauty is while it's three high level moves in a row, the kneeling kick rush can only be blocked which means I get another shot and the majority of the time the clutch will work. The Fame Dropper gets avoided more often but it's not usually to much trouble to ward off a couple of blows from my opponent to nail it, then the medium level high flying senton before finally applying my submission finisher or picking up for my impact both of which focus on the head which all those moves also do outside of the senton. If I'm struggling against a guy then my usual tactic is the Mad Man Clothesline, baseball slide, DDT on chair, flying elbow drop to outside.

My giant characters favorite early-match routine. European Uppercut to knock down. Slingshot to Corner. Turnbuckle Smashes. Giant Swing. Gorilla Press. Train Wreck. Pin. Early in the career, that was an entire match at least three times. As I've advanced, higher spirit and higher stamina make it not quite as effective, but still fun to use for as far as I can take it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived