Inspiration for Storylines

Now, many people have downloaded Panix's PBS Storyline pack. Since the original release, many new storylines have been added. (Some by me, some by cappyboy, some by sebsplex, some by Panix himself, etc.) However, I was thinking about letting the rest of the community in on it. So, if you have any sort of idea for a good storyline, whether it be original or based on wrestling history, I'll try to make it into one and send it on to Panix. Keep in mind, though, that if it is based on wrestling history, it must be from recent times. I believe that the DOTT storylines have the "golden era" well covered. Suggest away!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well in the panix mod thread, Dark Cadence requested a replica of the Raven/CM Punk feud(s), although my knowledge of those is sketchy at best. I've got a few in the works at the moment, which I'm hoping to get wrapped up by the end of the week... I had a surge of memories mixed with good ideas. ;)

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;134599]Yeah, I saw that. I'm not to knowledable when it comes ROH, CZW, etc. I only have the ability to closely follow WWE and TNA. [/QUOTE] Yeah same for me save anything that appears on utube. I'm currently working on three different tag team storylines as well as one involving two divas, since someone mentioned lack of tag or diva storylines in another thread. I've also pumped out a storyline suitable for midcard wrestlers. I know it's kinda general, but maybe gun for something like that?

I was thinking about ideas for storylines, so I'll just list some of the basics to them, and if anybody wants to make the storyline based on that information, post so I can remove it from the list. [B]Midcard Troubles:[/B] The title holder of a midcard title is "Out On Injury" (Can be used with a gimmick change/return for the gold sort of deal) and a few (3-6) workers believe they are most deserving of the vacated title. They brag about their abilities and interfere on each other's matches until it all ends with an elimination match for the title. A good way to push random talent. [B]Undefeated No More:[/B] An undefeated worker is challenged by a major veteran to a match at the next PPV. After accepting, another worker tells the undefeated worker to be careful. After some insult trading, the match takes place, and the worker who told the streak to be careful costs him the match! The no-longer-streak comes back and beats both workers in a handicap match at the next PPV. I based this one on the question: "What if Goldberg went to TNA?" (The streak being Samoa Joe, the winner of the first match being Kevin Nash, and Goldberg being the other man. I'm sure you can figure out the story from there.) [B]Don't Fire Me!:[/B] A paranoid worker thinks his job is on the line and comes up with crazy schemes to try and save it. He later finds out that his job was safe, but because he has greatly annoyed the man in charge, he is put into a match with a monster heel. Obviously based on the "Don't Fire Eric!" angle in TNA. I'll add more soon, but until then, you're all welcome to take these and make them storylines. :D

[QUOTE=NickC13573;135259]How about a Tommy Dreamer/Raven Fued type of thing. Raven just keeps beating TOmmy for two years and they Incorporate Beulah, "Raven's Job boy bitch" Stevie Richards, Blue guy, Sandman etc.[/QUOTE] It's a good idea, but might be a bit restrictive in TEW since workers can only be involved in one storyline at a time so you'd be tying up several characters in a storyline that would go on for ages. I guess it's fine if you're not planning on using any of the other characters in other storylines... either that or workers in the lesser roles are just involved in the plot points but not listed as storyline participants overall.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;134524]Keep in mind, though, that if it is based on wrestling history, it must be from recent times. I believe that the DOTT storylines have the "golden era" well covered. Suggest away![/QUOTE] And so we're all on the same page here, define how far back you mean by "recent times" if you could please? That way folks have a better frame of reference. The York Foundation, Owen In Bret's Shadow, and the disintegration of Team Angle could all be deemed recent compared to DOTT. Yet the first two both happened over ten years ago. Thus they are old enough not to seem recent depending on one's perspective.

[QUOTE=sebsplex;135279]It's a good idea, but might be a bit restrictive in TEW since workers can only be involved in one storyline at a time so you'd be tying up several characters in a storyline that would go on for ages. I guess it's fine if you're not planning on using any of the other characters in other storylines... either that or workers in the lesser roles are just involved in the plot points but not listed as storyline participants overall.[/QUOTE] You could always do it as Raven/Dreamer Parts 1,2,3,4,5 etc and just include the other characters in the relevant parts of the story. Evolve each one to the next and all you need to keep in all parts are the Raven and Dreamer characters.

[QUOTE=cappyboy;135296]And so we're all on the same page here, define how far back you mean by "recent times" if you could please? That way folks have a better frame of reference. The York Foundation, Owen In Bret's Shadow, and the disintegration of Team Angle could all be deemed recent compared to DOTT. Yet the first two both happened over ten years ago. Thus they are old enough not to seem recent depending on one's perspective.[/QUOTE] Well, really, it depends on who is making the storyline. If I do it, recent means from around the time the WCW/ECW Alliance was broken up (Survivor Series 2001) because that was when I began following wrestling. Although I have knowledge of wrestling history, my ability to closely recreate specific storylines is hindered greatly before that period. However, others who may offer to create stories may have a deeper memory. My next post will be a list of storylines and categories, and if you have an idea, it will be added on. If you decide you want to make a storyline using an idea, post so it may be removed/tagged. Hopefully, if enough ideas are posted and enough people are willing to help in the creation process, we'll have enough done to reach Panix's 5-per-month quota.

[B]Real Life Storylines:[/B] Raven vs. CM Punk Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer Don't Fire Me! A Title Disputed The Green Eyed Monster Sins of the Father The Barbershop Window [B]Generic Storylines:[/B] Midcard Troubles Undefeated No More The Greatest Upset Unhappy Foes Keep Your Friends Close... ...But Keep Your Enemies Closer Hell Hath No Fury... Stockholm Syndrome Countdown to Destruction Revenge Retribution Battle Royal Bumbles [B]Storylines Based On Outside Sources:[/B] To The Dark Side... Reuniting With The Light... Nefertiti Real Life Storylines are based on events that actually took place in wrestling history. Generic Storylines are based off of common pathways that wrestling feuds take or made up ideas. Storylines Based On Outside Sources are based on non-wrestling media. (This includes but is not limited to: Movies, TV, Literature, and Mythology)

I made one that lasts 5 months, mostly all matches. 3 characters (face, heel and heel champ). It's had to be split into 2 storylines in-game, because I used up the number of plot points. I'm enjoying using it, starts of as 2 winning streaks, going on at the same time, lasting a month. Then at the PPV, heel and face team together, lose. There's a lot more to it, I'm just being lazy at the moment (00.20 over here, kinda tired). It's not too complicated, but definately not overly simple. If you want I can post it tomorrow?

[QUOTE=Rob4590;135318]You could always do it as Raven/Dreamer Parts 1,2,3,4,5 etc and just include the other characters in the relevant parts of the story. Evolve each one to the next and all you need to keep in all parts are the Raven and Dreamer characters.[/QUOTE] Could take ages, though, because indirectly that story continued all the way up until Raven left the fed. If you remember, even by the time Barely Legal came about, Stevie said he wanted the title shot to get his own back on Raven, Raven wanted to end Funk's career to get to Dreamer etc. That, plus the fact that Raven, Dreamer, Beulah, Stevie, Meanie, Nova, Chastity, Big Dick Dudley and Raven's Nest would all be involved at some point. If, however, someone could pull this off I would be very impressed. I would also be happy to help collate the backstory. Quote The Raven Nevermore

Good lad ;). Raven or Scott Levy , who I practically worship (he is my hetoro celebrity soulmate), describes the incident as "The use of religious iconography to convey an artistic standpoint." Not only is that gratuitously wordy and generally awesomely phrased but it also sums it up pretty well. Quote The Raven Nevermore

[QUOTE=panix04;135511]why did the WWE never push him? Its beyond me, the writing was on the wall when his first feud was against Jerry Lawler! [/QUOTE] I know, he was one of the most over (lower) midcarders in WWE history. Every week he'd come out and cut amazing promos and no one on the booking team took any notice of him. Still, at least he holds the record for holding a WWE championship the most amount of times (24x Hardcore Champ). Then again, you would have thought that after his 20th reign, they might have written a push for him :confused:. Quote The Raven Nevermore

24? Really? Is that back when the belt was 24/7? That was so lame it was unreal, really devauled it in my opinion. I think they should bring it back and make it so it can only be defended in 'hardcore matches' im not talking cookie sheets and stop signs, i mean thumtacks, barbed wire, the whole shebang. Start the belt back with Foley for some credibilty and then let him feud against a young face who is prepared to do some high spots. If only i could book the WWE! :rolleyes: oh thats right, i can!

First off, if anyone would like to post an idea, just post it. You don't have to ask! Second, how'd we end up talking about why Raven never got a WWE push when we started with ideas for TEW 2005 storylines? Weird... :confused: You may carry on, but be careful! (I don't want this thread to close!) Oh, and here's some new storyline ideas: [B]The Greatest Upset:[/B] While one unlucky worker is unable to win a match to save his life, a heel champ is avoiding all title defenses. However, an authority figure takes notice and reminds the champ about a clause that would make him defend the title within a certain time period or he would lose it. Then, the heel gets an idea. He challenges the unlucky worker to a title match! Well, out of nowhere, the worker wins the title! A great way to give an underdog a big push. [B]Unhappy Foes:[/B] A tournament is held for the #1 Contendership to a title. Trial matches to get in are open to the whole roster. One major tag team decides they will both enter the tourney hoping that one of them will get a shot at the title. Well, unfortunately, the final two competitors are worker A and worker B! Greed eventually gets to them, and they turn on each other before the final. Works as a good way to push half of a tag team into the main event. :)

Archived