Inspiration for Storylines

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;135649][B]The Greatest Upset:[/B] While one unlucky worker is unable to win a match to save his life, a heel champ is avoiding all title defenses. However, an authority figure takes notice and reminds the champ about a clause that would make him defend the title within a certain time period or he would lose it. Then, the heel gets an idea. He challenges the unlucky worker to a title match! Well, out of nowhere, the worker wins the title! A great way to give an underdog a big push. [/QUOTE] Kinda similar to how Mikey Whipwreck won the ECW title back in the mid 90s. That was one [I]awesome[/I] moment :D Anyway: [B]Keep Your Friends Close...[/B] Two friends and tag team partners have a blow-up that leads into a series of matches. Despite this, the authority figure continues to book them in matches that they always win in spite of their difficulties. At the end of the series, they reunite, stronger than ever. [B]...But Keep Your Enemies Closer[/B] A semi-sequel to the above, that works as a stand-alone. A tag-team split up when one partner turns on the other and allies themself with a major enemy. It's a set up all along, though, as the turner feeds inside knowledge to his friend and allies to help them knock down the enemy's empire, piece by piece. Possible endings could include the turner being made to pay by the enemy, before his friend takes the final win, or the enemy emerging triumphant at the end - maybe even revealing that he's won the turner over! [B]A Title Disputed[/B] When Worker A is injured, their title is vacated. The Authority orders a battle royal to crown a new champion. The new champ emerges triumphant but challenges come from every other entrant in the battle royal and he must face them down one by one. At the end of the final defence, the original champ returns with their own title belt, and claims to still be the champ! The two workers clash several times, inconclusively, before finally coming head to head in a ladder match to decided the real champion (Based on Razor Ramon/Shawn Michaels in 93-94) [B]The Green Eyed Monster[/B] Two lifelong friends clash over a woman (man?). Similar to Hogan/Savage, but while that took a year to boil over, these days you're looking at a coupla months. Should be filled with segments where the object character leans one way, then the other. [B]Hell Hath No Fury...[/B] When a worker upsets a Diva, she goes out of her way to get her revenge. Depending on the Diva's alignment and character, this could be comedic, serious, edgy... You could even have the Diva herself take the physical role. Got a worker who won't re-sign and need to kill his draw? Make him job to a woman. Several times... ;) [B]Sins of the Father[/B] When a babyface father and son team up, a heel goes after the younger worker as a means of attacking the parent. Similar to the rotten Ted DiBiase/Dusty Rhodes feud in WWF in the early 90s, but I'm being merciful and leaving Sapphire out of it. Would also work with a mentor/student relationship. In the original, Dusty and Dustin got slapped around by DiBiase and Virgil until Virgil got sick of it and stood up to DiBiase, leading to their feud. And people say DiBiase was poorly used... [B]Stockholm Syndrome[/B] When a young babyface is brutally attacked by a heel group, he snaps and abandons his previous good guy ways. Seeking acceptance with his attackers, he turns on his former allies, who must try and win him back from the heels if they are to stand any chance of making him see sense. Could be tied to the SotF story above. [B]The Barbershop Window[/B] Inspired by the Rockers' break up, a tag team dissolves when the more over member attacks his partner in a shockingly brutal fashion. This leads to a feud between the two, who know each other so well that they're very evenly matched. The two trade victories, until they face one another in the final climactic battle. If I think of any more, I'll put them here.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=RKO_HBK;135662]I'll post my storyline tomorrow. Would it be easier to just type up every plot point, or to send you my file or what?[/QUOTE] If you have the storyline already done, just send it to Panix! This topic is strictly for ideas from people who don't want to make storylines themselves and people who can't come up with ideas and want to make stories. BTW, great job James Casey!!! I'll add those to the list... Remember, if anyone feels like making these stories, go ahead! If you don't, I might have to go and make them all myself! [Edit] Here's a new idea! [B]To The Dark Side...:[/B] A worker and his apprentice (and maybe some other friends) battle with a heel stable. Eventually, the heels' ways get to the apprentice and he decides to join them, turning on his former friend. Based off of Star Wars, Episodes I-III. [B]Reuniting With The Light...:[/B] The optional sequel to the above idea, a worker goes on a heelish tangent, beating all of his former allies. After he realizes what he has done, he goes on to beat all of his stablemates. Loosely based on Star Wars, Episodes IV-VI

[QUOTE=panix04;135593]Start the belt back with Foley for some credibilty and then let him feud against a young face who is prepared to do some high spots. If only i could book the WWE! :rolleyes: oh thats right, i can![/QUOTE] First off, though I know you're a HUGE Foley mark (like I'm a HUGE LuFisto/Melissa/Mariko Yoshida mark), in real life you'd probably have trouble booking Foley like you said. He wasn't joking when he was talking about his contract giving him veto power (creative control). So you couldn't use him as often as I bet you do ingame. :p I'll try to write up synopses of the storylines I'm running. Most of them are relatively unique but they're done in longhand (as in, short story form) as kind of an outline before I do them ingame.

I'd send these to you if I could, hopefully a synopsis will suffice. [B]Retribution[/B] The “Stronger” member of a tag-team has a match with a major heel in which he suffers an “injury.” This leads to the “Weaker” Tag-Team partner vowing revenge against the Heel, despite both his partner and manager telling him he has no chance of beating the Heel at every step of the way. The “Weaker” partner attempts to attack the Heel many times always resulting in the Heel dealing out a beat down. Resilient the “Weaker” partner finally gets the better of the Heel by interfering and causing the Heel to lose a Title Match. Things come to a head when the underdog “Weaker” partner upsets the Heel in a one-on-one match. The storyline can end with the tag team and manager celebrating in the ring or can lead to………… [B]Revenge[/B] After being told by both his tag-team partner and manager that he had no chance of defeating the Heel, the “Weaker” partner becomes increasingly violent and aggressive, beating many of his opponents down after his matches, much to the dismay of his manager. His Partner and Manager try to talk to him backstage but it only agitates him further and his behavior continues. Finally confronted one-on-one in the locker room by his manager, the “Weaker” partner snaps brutally attacking his manager. This leads to the return of the “Stronger” partner and a match between the former tag team. [B]Countdown to Destruction[/B] A mysterious countdown timer appears and begins, well, counting down. The announcer notices that it is set to reach zero in 4 more weeks. The next week the countdown simply appears with no explanation. However in week 3 a “Babyface,” whose scheduled for an upcoming match, has an accidental run-in with one of the rosters managers. During the “Babyface’s” match the lights go out in the arena and when they are finally brought back up, the “Babyface” is lying out cold, and the countdown is once again running. In week 4 the “Babyface” calls out whoever is behind the countdown and is once again knocked out as the countdown runs down. Finally in week 5 the “Babyface” is once again interrupted during a match. This time however the countdown reaches zero and there is an explosion on the entranceway. Standing amidst the smoke is the Manager the “Babyface” had a run in with before. Stunned the “Babyface” doesn’t notice the Manager’s “Client” who takes out both wrestlers in the ring. This leads to a fued between the “Client” and “Babyface.” (Obviously this was kind of inspired by Jericho’s countdown when he debuted in WWF, sorry if there is one like this already in the mod, I haven’t had a chance to play it sadly)

[QUOTE=Midnightnick;135731]Imarevenant, I really like that Countdown to Destruction storyline.[/QUOTE] Thanks a lot! I'm glad you like it. This was the first storyline I ever wrote and I though it worked out all right. If you want an example of how it worked, I had used it in my now dead diary and was only about half way through it (the Nevada Nuclear/Hell Monkey storyline). Other times I've used it though, I found that if you pick your "Mananger" and "Babyface" right you can really get the "Client" over pretty easily (haha, which is something I didn't do so well in my diary, as Hell Monkey bombed the non-wrestling segments and then had bad chemistry with Nevada).

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;135786]Ok, They're now on the list... P.S. Now, there are 20 stories on the list! If someone (like Panix/Sebsplex/Cappyboy/etc.) would like to start making them, go ahead! I'm going to start putting them (as well as any angles that are needed) together tomorrow.[/QUOTE] Sure, I'm aimingto hit my 101 stand alone angles target and wrap up another couple of my storylines first, but if you can lay out the plot points I'll get to work on some of these suggested storylines as well. I'm sure between us me, you, panix and cappy can divide these up easily enough. Some really good ideas here guys, keep them coming.

Well, I don't know if I could do much at the moment. My storyline plans are pretty well figured for at the moment. Have a couple I've been noodling on and I've been making some conceptual headway on various stages in the life of Hercules. Including translation ideas for 7 out of his 12 famous labors. Not enough to have any Herc outlines yet. But if I keep at him, I very well could. Still, that said, you can be sure I'll keep my eyes on this thread. If I get to the point where I need ideas and run dry on mythic material, this would make a good fallback. Oh and I had a couple ideas for fairly modern storylines that could go on the fire. How about Mr. America? We may already have something similar in the Midnight Rider stuff from DOTT. But I'm sure folks would love having the lie detector stuff at their disposal. And also The Rise of Zach Gowan in WWE could be a good one. With concerns that most storylines out favor main eventers, this could make a good elevation story.

Guest cmdrsam
Hi guys. Maybe this is where I need to ask this question. I really enjoy stoylines. Unchained is fine but sometimes I like to have thigns allready planned out like the stoylines. Was wandering if someone could take a few minutes and walk me thru the process step by step. I usually have a few hours at night and once I get formized with the process I could help here with storline writing.

[QUOTE=cappyboy;136208]Oh and I had a couple ideas for fairly modern storylines that could go on the fire. How about Mr. America? We may already have something similar in the Midnight Rider stuff from DOTT. But I'm sure folks would love having the lie detector stuff at their disposal. And also The Rise of Zach Gowan in WWE could be a good one. With concerns that most storylines out favor main eventers, this could make a good elevation story.[/QUOTE] Well Zach Gowen's brief rise was mainly intergrated into the Mr America storyline. Once that ended, I think he beat Matt Hardy, then got jobbed to Tajiri and got released. Can you remember roughly the month and year of the storyline, I might trawl some result archives to try and find all the pieces to recreate it.

[QUOTE=bobinc;137086]New one to base off of tonight. Edge & Lita breaking into Cena house apparently. :confused:[/QUOTE] WEll, if someone does that, they might want to do the Pillman/Austin home invasion as well. Would think that would be really popular with players who like to check their scruples at the title screen.

Not sure if it already exists but: How about something based off of the Kidman / London tag team rise and subsequent slit and feud -- I Know there is already one for a tag team that's losing alot splitting up, but how about a team on the rise with another beef (same finisher, etc.)

didnt they split though due to Kidman's "injuring ways" rather than same finisher, IIRC Kidman injured Chavo with a SSP that knocked him out cold, Chavo had a breif face run, wheras Kidman became the Heel, and just walked out on London during a tag match and then they fueded due to the walk out?

[QUOTE=hurricanendp;137561]didnt they split though due to Kidman's "injuring ways" rather than same finisher, IIRC Kidman injured Chavo with a SSP that knocked him out cold, Chavo had a breif face run, wheras Kidman became the Heel, and just walked out on London during a tag match and then they fueded due to the walk out?[/QUOTE] You are correct sir! I almost forgot about that. Still, I though it could make for a good storyline in-game.

[QUOTE=panix04;137585]i do think this post is a very good idea. My concern is, if i use this a reference for writing stories there is a chance we may end up with duplicate stories![/QUOTE] Truthfully i was kind of thinking of something where two random workers (if i rememer correctly, london and kidman started as a random combo of cruisers with nothing else going on -- imagine that cruisers in the wwe with nothing to do) get stuck together and then the story develops from there...just an idea

[QUOTE=brat99;137593]Truthfully i was kind of thinking of something where two random workers (if i rememer correctly, london and kidman started as a random combo of cruisers with nothing else going on -- imagine that cruisers in the wwe with nothing to do) get stuck together and then the story develops from there...just an idea[/QUOTE] Actually I put a storyline slightly like this together for panix's mod update this month... [B]Road Testing Tag Partners (6W 4A 5M)[/B] A worker (previously from a singles background) makes it their goal to hold the tag team titles. After going through multiple partners to find the perfect combination, the supposed makeshift team earn their title shot and capture the gold. Basically one worker finds themselves 3 different partners before finally finding one that clicks and eventually take on the tag team champions. It's kinda shorthand based on the champs giving this one worker a few chances to beat them in non-title bouts with different partners because giving him/her a last chance. Worker finds a partner they click with, beat champs in non title, bit of hype and then a title match. Obviously it could be evolved to last longer... next month I'll probably try to make a second part with the trials and tribulations of being a makeshift team who've won the gold. A good storyline to trial tag teams and pair up two workers with nothing better on as well as giving them some heat.

[QUOTE=sebsplex;137678]Actually I put a storyline slightly like this together for panix's mod update this month... [B]Road Testing Tag Partners (6W 4A 5M)[/B] A worker (previously from a singles background) makes it their goal to hold the tag team titles. After going through multiple partners to find the perfect combination, the supposed makeshift team earn their title shot and capture the gold. Basically one worker finds themselves 3 different partners before finally finding one that clicks and eventually take on the tag team champions. It's kinda shorthand based on the champs giving this one worker a few chances to beat them in non-title bouts with different partners because giving him/her a last chance. Worker finds a partner they click with, beat champs in non title, bit of hype and then a title match. Obviously it could be evolved to last longer... next month I'll probably try to make a second part with the trials and tribulations of being a makeshift team who've won the gold. A good storyline to trial tag teams and pair up two workers with nothing better on as well as giving them some heat.[/QUOTE] Thanks for pointing that one out Sebsplex. I knew I might have missed it, I would love to see the second part -- I'm guessing if worked right, from there it could just evolve into tag split and feud.

[QUOTE=panix04;137585]i do think this post is a very good idea. My concern is, if i use this a reference for writing stories there is a chance we may end up with duplicate stories![/QUOTE] As I've said multiple times, if someone were to use any of the ideas listed, they'd post before doing it. That way, the idea will be marked so duplicates aren't made. *waits for the question to repeat* :rolleyes: JK, but avoid asking that question!

Archived